Old 05-31-2013, 03:36 PM   #256  
Quit counting at 45!

I've been praying for concerns even though I haven't been posting.

Rosebud: On top of yours and you DH health issues you have to deal with the financial as well. My prayers for you that this will be resolved quickly.

Zion: Prayers for a job for James that he loves.

Trish: Glad to hear things are getting better. Prayers for complete healing.

A while ago I asked for prayer for my DIL who's due date was close. She delivered a beautiful baby girl on the 13th of May. We are very excited to have a grand daughter. Both are doing well. thanks for your prayers.
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:09 PM   #257  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Prayers sent for all requests.

I haven't been here as much lately- seems like it's just one thing after another. I've been sick and going to the doctor and my lung condition finally seems to have cleared up but now I've got ear and jaw pain and the doctor said it was my teeth and the dentist said it's a nerve in my jaw and I have TMJ. My dog's had two vet visits for getting sick, my DH's dog had to be put down a week ago (cancer/old age) and my cat is in the vets office today after a particularly bad hypoglycemic episode. I'm just at my wit's end with all the bills, and also am worried I'm going to lose my cat soon. I just can't seem to keep his diabetes under control these days.

I read Rosebud's post about what Alice Cooper said, about how being Christian doesn't mean life will be easier, it'll be harder but God will help us. I guess I need to give it all over to God right now (and always, but sometimes I forget) because I feel overwhelmed right now.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:42 PM   #258  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Rosebud you are so right about if things are not made out like wills and POA's about government stepping in! Please everyone take the time and get things done ,please don't put it off as one of those things we need to do and never do it! It is so important!
I have not been here in a while was time on my computer but think that has been all taken care of. I sure got a lot of catching up to do!
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 10:42 AM   #259  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Bootsie, welcome back !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 10:46 AM   #260  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronni62 View Post
Prayers for all.

I'm so down right now I can't think of anything else to say, except that I'll be praying. Please keep Mom in your prayers. Looks like we'll be trying for a committal on Tuesday when the courthouse is open. Don't know if it will happen, but, after today, we know we have to do something. Thanks and God bless.
Rommi, did this take place ? What was the outcome. Praying for your Mom and you as well, I know this is a tough time for you. Praying that you will have peace as these hard decisions have to be made.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:26 AM   #261  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi, everyone. Saying prayers for all needs and will continue to lift you all up in Christ's name.

We didn't go to court when we thought we would. Mom seemed to be doing better for a few days. I guess I should know that's just the calm before the storm, so to speak. Apparently, she drove herself the 2 hours to Rochester, MN, and went to the ER at Mayo to try to convince them to refer her to a toxicologist to detoxify her from the 'poisons' that 'they' have been using on her. The good doctor immediately saw the real problem and she's now in a psych ward in a hospital in Minneapolis. We're being told that she will be there for a 'while'. I know she was in for a month the last time she was committed and I'm thinking this may be longer, because they told me it will take longer to get the court ordered meds, since they now have to cross state lines.

Please continue to pray that she'll become aware of the reality of her need for these meds. There's no way we can ever allow her to be off them again. She had taken the plates off all her electrical outlets looking for the 'gassing devices they were using to poison her.' When my DH, who's an electrician, showed her they were all normal outlets, she said she 'wasn't familiar with all this new technology-they must be able to cause these things to disintegrate by remote.' She went so far into her delusions that we're not actually sure the meds are going to work now. Permanent residential treatment had been talked about in the past, but we'll have to see what happens now. The social worker says she's calm but very obviously delusional as she walks around the halls.

Thanks for all your prayers. God's the only way she'll come to understand her absolute need for treatment. I don't know if we'll be involved in any hearings now as there have been enough doctors and social workers see her condition that it's out of our hands at this time.

Last edited by ronni62; 06-03-2013 at 10:30 AM.
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:30 PM   #262  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Bootsie Hello there girl. Great to see you.

Ronni I pray that your Mom gets the help she needs and you will be able to have peace of mind.

Wilma Congratulations on the new grand daughter. So glad baby and Mommy are doing fine.

Dee I am so sorry you've had so much going on. I pray things will settle down for you soon.

Bargoo

Prayers continue for all.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:38 AM   #263  

Thank you Trish and Bargoo . Kinda having trouble with my computer writing it is crazy, so please excuse something that just don't look like I know what I am talking about. Been a crazy day, but got some what done. Told my husband tonight I am on a special diet , and I so hope he supports me. Ronni praying for your Mother. Dee, bless your heart , I pray our Lord Jesus shows favor upon you and your pets soon. Make sure there is no wheat in your cats food, that may help. Wilma congratulations on the new Granddaughter.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:55 AM   #264  

Rosebud hope you are doing better. Know you and your dear family are in my prayers much Christian love sent your way.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:51 PM   #265  

S/C/G: 315/296/160

Height: 5'10"

Hi Everyone,
I'm new to this thread, but I know God made me take notice of it. I don't know anyone here, nor do I know all of your circumstances. However, I know that when two or three are gathered in His name, He is in the midst. (Mat. 18:20) So I'm believing that God is moving and will move on our behalf and on behalf of our love ones. I pray that the Lord bless you all and bestow upon you great favor.

I humbling ask that you prayer warriors petition the throne of God on my behalf. For years, I've been experiencing hard times and disappointments in all areas in my life. However, I will only address my must crucial need. I've been dealing with unemployment and underemployment for years. I am in need of gainful employment. I have done everything to prepare for a new career, and I apply for job positions daily (yes, every day). But unfortunately, I have not been able to secure a full-time career position yet. I'm doing all that I can to keep from letting this prolonged negative situation put me under. I've tied a knot in the rope, and I'm hanging on for better days. However with all of the financial pressures on me, hanging on is hard work. I ask all of you who know how to petition God for a breakthrough to join me in praising Him and asking Him for gainful and good employment for me so that I may be blessed and be a blessing.

I thank you for your prayers and encouragement in advance.

Melissa
gamechanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:58 PM   #266  

Game Changer Welcome to the group. You will meet some awesome people here. I pray that the dear Lord leads you to the awesome job of his choice that you can bring glory to his name. I love your faith and love being so strong for him and I am sure he does too!
Old 06-05-2013, 08:24 AM   #267  

Melissa, welcome, you will meet some great prayer warriors here.
I am praying that , with God's help, you will find the right job .
Old 06-05-2013, 10:34 AM   #268  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Melissa-Praying with you that God's blessing will shine on you with a career and bright opportunities. He does provide!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:25 AM   #269  

S/C/G: 275/270/160

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone, I'm new here... I'm needing some prayer that my husband will support me in my weight loss decision. He wants me to be "soft" and continue to make him cookies, and that I can do... haha... but he seems rather unsupportive of things... I asked him to help me fix the axle on the stroller so I can get out for a walk during the day with my toddler and he just shrugs it off. He would like a dessert with his supper, so I make it for him, which I am okay with doing and not indulging myself, but then he presses and presses to try and get me to eat it too. I am trying to do calorie counting and I would like to spread out my calories throughout the day but lately I've just been not eating most of the morning to save all my calories for the evening so I don't have to deal with him pestering me to eat what he is eating, and while it is working, I don't really like doing it this way. I wish I wouldn't have to feel like I was "hiding" trying to lose weight, waiting to do a workout video until he is not at home, or making sure I am not writing down my calorie or exercise information while he is looking. I wish I could tell him, "Look, I stayed on plan today." I am super frustrated with all of these things.

We are recently relocated and I don't know many people in the area except for our immediate neighbors, and we have not found a church yet. My family is long distance, and are for the most part atheists and refuse to take most things I say seriously and think I am "wasting my life" because I won't consent to just putting my daughter in public daycares and schools and start my career and would rather be a stay at home mom and raise her myself. I don't really have anyone else to fall back on. I need some serious prayer support.
MayDay14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:44 PM   #270  

S/C/G: 315/296/160

Height: 5'10"

Dear MayDay, I can identify with your situation. It is painful when our love-ones do not support our efforts to improve our lives. They want to keep the status quo even if it is not healthy or positive because the status quo is familiar and comfortable. Change is not familiar and can be very uncomfortable, so sometimes people fight it. However, God is good and has infinite mercy and love to pour out on all of us. I'll pray that the Lord will provide for you a special time and place in which you can exercise in peace and without hindrance. I will also pray that God will grant you the power and the will to eat only what is healthiest for your body despite temptation or obstacles. I pray that your husband will come to recognize that eating right and exercising is not only helpful to you his wife but also for his daughter and for himself. I pray that God will open your husband's eyes to this truth soon. In the meantime, focus on the goodness of God and all He has already done for you. Believe me, this helps a weary woman to make it through the day. May you be blessed.
gamechanger is offline   Reply With Quote