Old 05-25-2013, 08:25 PM   #241  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

RONNI -- sending up extra prayers for your mother, and you all, esp for Tuesday. Sometimes things have to get worse, before they can get better; that may be what you are experiencing right now. GOD knows that you are trying to help her; sometimes people are so sick that they just don't realize it -- i.e. Alzheimers' patients can't remember that they don't remember; the mentally ill don't realize they are sick: they think everyone else is; the mentally challenged don't know what they can't know, etc. We as family are doing our best; and it is so hard when others do things wrong and the good, loving families like ours, get tarred & feathered becuz of them.

There is a fine line between trying to help someone when you know they need it, yet not step on their personal rights; and trying to help a loved one, yet getting stomped on yourself (we are learning this now ourselves). Both the mentally ill and the family suffer in situations like these. It is so ironic really; and as our population ages, it is going to happen more and more and more.

So people, you better get ready. Get those wills and POA's made now while you can. Don't wait until your loved ones are sick; do it way ahead of time. If you own a home or property; get a will & POA made out at the same time, esp if you are married. If you have aging parents or other senior relatives make sure they have things like this in order, becuz if you/they don't, the government will be stepping in whether you/they like it or not.

We have to give GOD time to do His work, but know that ^PRAYERS^ continue ...

PRAYER REQUEST -- I forgot to ask you to pray for my BIL, Steve -- he has injured a disk in his lower back (lifting their riding lawnmower ) and he can't get therapy until mid-June or later becuz they are so booked up. THANKS, faithful Warriors!

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 05-25-2013 at 08:55 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:02 PM   #242  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Ronni I am so sorry you are dealing with all this and yes I will be praying for all of you as you go through this situation praying God will help you get the help you need.

Rosebud DH shoulder pain disappeared once he had the neck surgery. We are very happy with the results of that. He still has difficulty swallowing at times, but not serious and we have been told that should eventually go away. His back problem has improved some with the prednisone he took, but he feels he might have needed more of it althought the problem with that is it made his blood sugar rise.

Sure will be praying for BIL Steve. Tony went through that long wait for treatment with his neck. So I sympathize with him having to wait and in such pain. Is he able to get pain meds while waiting? Tony did, but I never could tell that it helped. However, I thought maybe that as bad as it was that maybe it helped some. But his disk had ruptured in his neck and it was so severe. I pray Steve's isn't that bad and that something will happen and he can get help sooner.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:00 AM   #243  
Rosebud

TRISH -- thanks, prayers continue for TONI ...

Well, we will be going to the city hospital for the tests & exam for my fifth round of chemo. Pray that my red blood platelets are over 100 so that I can have the chemo treatment tomorrow (Tuesday) and stay on schedule. I have tried to eat lighter this time, so I hope I will stay the same or not gain too much from those steroids. Still, I am pleased that my side effects have leveled off so well. Just have had some sore muscles & fatigue this week.

PRAIZE GOD and thanks to Him for answered prayers, and all of you for your prayers for DH & I, and all our family too. I woke up really early this am becuz my mind knows that DH is going to an activity day and we have to go for my chemo prep exam/tests as well. Good thing, as the alarm clock got all screwed up somehow and says it is only 2:55 am -- maybe the hydro went off again. That happens a lot out here in the country.

^PRAYERS^ continue for you and yours ...
Old 05-27-2013, 12:57 PM   #244  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Rosebud, continuing to keep you and your entire family in prayer , that Rosebuds chemo will soon come to a successful end and that the entire family will see healing in their particular needs. Our God is able.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:51 PM   #245  
Rosebud

THANKS, EVERYONE -- Chemo round #5 is on for tomorrow am (Tuesday), even though my red blood platelets were only 94. They are lowering the dose a little bit so I can keep on schedule, which I am glad about -- so let's pray that they recover quickly with minimal side effects again for this round.

THANKS & PRAISE GOD that the last round went so great; I am truly blessed. Praying for gentle hands and kind hearts for the needle guy tomorrow and a pleasant day like last time too. The DA says that I am doing amazingly well since the meds they are giving me are so strong; that is thanks to our GOD, I'm sure and faithful prayers of friends like you all and loved ones too.

DH loves his day-away activity program; gets so excited about going and I am glad for him. We just wish they had more days but I think 3 a week is so great really. I pray that we can find enuff days for him when we get back home too; we have one lined up already; and another club I am investigating that a friend is on the board that I think he might like.

I have had some pain in my right side: thought is was a strained muscle or a kidney problem, but turns out it is a kind of age-related arthritis or degeneration in my right hip and spine (a kind of wear & tear). The best thing is to help is to lose weight, but they want me to wait to tackle this when the chemo treatments are done. I have been successful making my daily menu healthier, so will continue that line with more lean protein, more salads for lunch, and more fruit for snacks & desserts.

PRAISE GOD for guidance and wisdom and strength in this area, as the steroids have caused a lot of hunger and weight-gain. Just these last two rounds to go -- almost there. On Thursday, we leave for a very long trip to Thunder Bay for our niece's wedding -- praying for a safe trip and lots of travelling angels to go with us too since it is about 19 hours each way, give or take an hour or two.

We will sleep over about 2/3 the way there, and go the rest of the way on Friday morning. I have never been there, so it will be a nice holiday-type excursion for me. Everyone is looking forward to it, and seeing our youngest sister and her DH again -- it has only been 20 years since we've seen them (they have been working all over the country). We will also see our great-nephew for the first time as well.

BIL, Steve -- is applying for a job tomorrow that he hopes he will get as a driver for people who need rides to & fro (like us). He has experience in this area already (with the disabled); and he was taxi driver in the past as well. He is certainly experienced and qualified, but has to pass a long qualification process (about four months). Praying that he is accepted and the LORD's blessing upon him as he pursues for this position.

THANKS FOR YOUR PRAYERS and kind words of support, friends. Time for bed as we have a very early 8 am chemo appointment tomorrow am ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 05-29-2013 at 01:43 PM.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:32 AM   #246  

Rosebud , I am praying for Steve's job, not just for him but for his future passengers. How wonderful it will be to have an experienced Christian driver
I pray that your chemo goes well today and that you will get a compassionate person to insert the needle. I am asking for traveling mercy so you may have a wonderful trip and reunion with your sister and family.
Old 05-28-2013, 01:27 PM   #247  

Rosebud Since Bargoo prayed the exact words that I was going to, I will just come into agreement with her prayer for you in the Name of our Precious Lord Jesus Christ.

I know y'all are praying for Tony. He starts therapy today for his back, I would appreciate your prayers for this to go well and be successful. Thanks.

Prayers continuing for everyone here for prayers spoken and the unspoken ones. Blessings to all.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:29 PM   #248  

Trish, praying that Tony will have successful therapy for his back .
Old 05-29-2013, 12:01 PM   #249  

Thanks for the prayers for DH. His therapy went well. He was sore and I can tell from his moaning in his sleeping that he still is. However, we are getting ready for a cousin coming to town Friday that he hasn't seen in 20 yrs and he we spent most of the night and he continued when I went to bed at 3am cleaning. It has given us the reason to get our house back the way it was before all the kids moved in. I'm not good at getting things reorganized, but I'm good at keeping it that way so now I feel like I almost have my house back. Now I'm ready to tackle my bedroom and bedroom closet.

He found out from therapist that his tailbone is curved to the right side which probably causes a lot of his pain. Don't really know what that means once we take care of the other back problem. He goes back for therapy next Monday and Wednesday and the I understand that he will go once a week for a while. At least hope is in sight.

Prayers continue for all. Have a blessed day.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:31 PM   #250  
Rosebud

THANKS EVERYONE -- for all your prayers for my family and I; my chemo round #5 went terrific. The needle guy did fantastic; got him to stick with my right hand where the veins are bigger. I had no symptoms during the day at all; and we all had a great day chatting there.

One lady near me was very thin, weak, and ill -- wanted to put her name on here and forgot to write it down. I have been meeting so many new people lately and it is hard to recall everyone's names and their positions. So I am trying to write them all down; next time I will take a sticky note pad to write their names down. We are still praying for her as GOD knows who she is and she sure needs help: the lady with the pink hat and green outfit beside me will do, I'm sure.

I had more nausea in the middle of the night, so had to take a gravol pill. This was expected as the symptoms get worse with each round. Had swelling of gums the 3rd week so had to take some special mouth wash and a Benadryl allergy pill which worked great. I just used peroxide mixed with 50% water and that helped the mouth sores go away. They prescribed me a special mouthwash with antibiotics in it, but it wasn't covered and cost me $28.00 -- won't be refilling that; I'll stick with the peroxide at $3.00 and the allergy pills at about .50 cents each thanks.

I forgot to take my steroids until 10:30 am and was wondering why I was having so much nausea -- that is what they are for: to take away the nausea and prevent vomiting. My doctor confessed to me on Monday that the steroids are making me gain weight (not just making us all hungry); they lower your metabolism which makes you gain weight. So I will be meeting with the dietician to see where I can shave off some calories in a healthy way but not go too low either. It may be that no matter how low I go, I will not lose. Some people lose so much they can't gain weight, but some of us stay the same or even gain; it depends on how your body reacts to the meds in your chemo treatment and the steroids. I have always had a slow metabolism so that makes it harder for me; but if you had a faster metabolism, ate light, or were very active -- you may have trouble keeping your weight up.

So, that's one more round down -- just one more chemo to go next month around the 17th I think. Will let you know as we go. Praying the symptoms won't be too bad while on our trip this week coming. Should be OK this week, but may start having some on the way home, around the 5-7th day in (June 1 and forward). Please pray that the symptoms/allergic reactions will be minimal at best -- thanks!

I am going to take my laptop with me so that I can keep in touch with you in the evenings or early mornings. We do plan some sight=seeing and eating in 1 or 2 special places, and I want to do a bit of shopping if I can. Everyone here is super excited about the trip; and I am mostly packed now -- just have to pack the tops, dresses, suit, and shirts so that they won't wrinkle too much.

UPDATE -- A man is coming at 3 pm to see me about that financial stewardship issue; says he has some ideas for me how to handle it that may help us, so we'll see what he has to say. The social worker did put in a recommendation on my behalf and asked for any fees to be waived, but we'll have to wait a while before that will be processed. Pray that the meeting goes well; and that the LORD gives me the right words to say. I only want to do what is right and wise in this case.

THANKS for your support and prayers; they help so much -- and THANK GOD for hearing and answering our prayers, as we had many answered this week ... the door handle on their car fixed for only $5.00; BIL's broken piano is being replaced; the pc's that broke/fell and crashed were replaced; errors fixed on the pc's; BIL's mother is doing really well: walking again and received monetary compensation for therapy and home support, and lots & lots of help from many groups and church people (PRZ GOD); plus many other blessings as well.

We must always remember to note the many answers to prayer and the blessings we do get, as sometimes other issues can blurr them out. I found keeping a gratitude journal helps us to keep track of the many answers we do get -- they often far outnumber the issues that come up. I think the problems just seem so big and insurmountable sometimes that you can feel overwhelmed when you are particularly hit hard like our family has been lately. Still we will PRAISE GOD and THANK HIM EVERY DAY, becuz we know HE is helping us and answering our prayers too.

Gotta finish packing now -- take care everyone & GOD BLESS ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 05-29-2013 at 01:49 PM.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:38 PM   #251  
Carnavoire

S/C/G: [url=http://www.3fatchicks.com

I have a couple of prayer requests please...
first of all... my Beloved... James... he really needs a good job that he enjoys... and I also ask that you guys pray that God directs us in our relationship... that we would both be surrendered to HIS will and not our own...
and also for my job... I just relocated to Dallas... and my job is tough... super tough... so tough I'm afraid I may lose it because I'm not preforming like I should be...

thank you... praying for each of the requests as well....
zionkoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:12 AM   #252  
Rosebud

ZION -- ^Prayers^ are on their way since last evening for you and your DH. The internet here was acting up so couldn't respond until this AM. Maybe you could find a friendly mentor at your company to help you with your job.

We are on our way early this am for our trip to my niece's wedding. Thanks for your prayers for travelling mercies and angel protection as it is a very long drive -- actually a 19-hour trip each way, but we will break overnight 2/3 way there to rest. Had our meeting with the SW yesterday: he seemed friendly and helpful, but I now have two different kinds of advice on our situation, so praying that GOD will give me clear wisdom & guidance as to what avenue is the best one for us. One suggested trusteeship, another one statutory guardianship (a very long, complicated & costly procedure), and many say go with a lawyer which could possibly be costly depending on what happens. This really is a complex issue with lots of consequences for our lives. Imagine having to report to a government body for every penny you spend of your own money and your spouses' becuz they are ill -- crazy, crazy, crazy! My BIL says big brother is well & alive here in Canada already ... no kidding! Please pray for me about this ... oh, the things I have read doing my research about this situation -- scary, scary, scary!

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 05-30-2013 at 05:27 AM.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:32 AM   #253  

Quote:
Originally Posted by zionkoach View Post
I have a couple of prayer requests please...
first of all... my Beloved... James... he really needs a good job that he enjoys... and I also ask that you guys pray that God directs us in our relationship... that we would both be surrendered to HIS will and not our own...
and also for my job... I just relocated to Dallas... and my job is tough... super tough... so tough I'm afraid I may lose it because I'm not preforming like I should be...

thank you... praying for each of the requests as well....
Zion praying for a job for James and improved working conditions for you.
Praying that Zion and James will know and follow God's plan for their lives.

Last edited by bargoo; 05-30-2013 at 08:34 AM.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:36 AM   #254  

Rosebud, continuing to pray for this financial situation that has been thrust upon you. Asking God to reveal the right course of action for you.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:29 AM   #255  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Prayers going up for all requests. God bless!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote