wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Prayers sent up for Numpster and all other needs & concerns
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 01:21 PM   #197  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

PRAISE GOD & THANKS TO HIM FOR AMAZING ANSWERS TO PRAYER ~ my sister's teeth surgery went fabulously -- it only took him 45 minutes to remove 21 teeth and she felt only pulling/tugging (which is the way it should be). Like we suggested, he put Novacaine freezing on her upper front gums to stop the needles from hurting too much and she felt no pain there (my dentist does that all the time too).

Her face is hardly swollen at all, she has no bruising, and she is talking well too -- awesome!!! Now we pray it heals up quickly and her es's will form right over the next few days so she can talk on the phones for her work by Fridayish. Her new teeth look fabulous. THANKS EVERYONE for your faithful prayers of support ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 05-13-2013 at 01:24 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:26 PM   #198  
wishin' for sun!

Rosebud-Fantastic news about Numpster! Give her a hug! Will keep praying that healing is quick and pain free!
Old 05-13-2013, 03:48 PM   #199  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Great news about Numster - PTL!

Prayers for all.

Update: I seem to be tolerating my new meds just fine, and I am feeling better. Over the weekend my diabetic cat had a hypoglycemic episode that was very severe and nearly fatal, but he is recovering nicely. I think he had some help from the Lord, because it was 4am and my dog woke me up to go outside and before I went back to bed I just "had a feeling" I needed to check on the cat. I found him very, very hypoglycemic and out of it in the basement. This was very out of character, I don't check on the critters in the middle of the night without some noise or cause to make me do so. So I think I was led to check on him. His blood sugar was so low that he probably would have died in the next hour. So I've been praying my gratitude for this.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:19 PM   #200  
Quit counting at 45!

I'm sending prayers upward for all of you. For concerns as well as praise for answers.

I have great news! My brother, who you have been praying for was sent home from the hospital. His oxygen levels were so good they didn't send him home with oxygen which is what the intended to do. He was able to attend his grandson's first birthday party as well. Praise God!

My DIL is expecting their second child at any moment. She was due last week and this gramma is getting anxious to meet him/her. Please pray with me for a safe arrival and health for both babe and mom.
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:37 PM   #201  

S/C/G: 221/215.4/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

wilma12 Praise God for taking care of your brother so well. Praying for a safe, healthy delivery for your DIL and new grandbaby.

Dee Glad the meds seems to be working for you. I love how the Lord led you to take care of your cat.

Rosebud Praising God for successful surgery for Numster and continued prayers coming her way for speedy recovery with no problems. Also praying for you and the side effects to be minimal as you continue your treatments.

God is so Good.

Prayers continue for all.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:58 PM   #202  
Rosebud

PRAYER REQUEST PLEASE ~ I urgently need you all to pray for our meeting with the Community Access Team at the Owen Sound hospital tomorrow at 11 am, esp for a Dr. Mulroy, who is part of the team.

I received a very upsetting call late this afternoon from a member of the team who said that this doctor wants to interfere in our financial affairs -- without consulting me first. There is no reason for him to do that as I am quite capable of looking after our finances, esp since I have an accounting- business college degree and have been doing so for our whole marriage with my husband's consent.

We don't understand why he wants to take this heavy-handed route when I can simply get DH's doctor to sign a Power of Attorney form for us so that I can continue taking care of our finances as always. This kind of step is usually only taken when there isn't anyone available to do that. I have made a few calls to my lawyer and others, and confirmed that I am correct that the way we were handling it was OK. I wanted to get his own doctor who knows him well, and our own lawyer to handle this when we got back home.

Please pray that the meeting has a positive outcome tomorrow; that we all remain calm; that it doesn't make me sick as I was quite upset and ill when I first heard about all of this. As you all know, I only sent DH there to be assessed for his mental and physical medical care only; and to get some help for us at home later on -- not for his/our finances.

I was kind of miffed when they kept asking me about our finances and that made me quite suspicious at the time. I even received a letter from this hospital asking me for a donation since I was getting care there as well (it actually said that).

Here I have been singing their praises and now they do this. I thought I was doing the best thing for both of us; now I am not so sure. I pray that GOD will intervene for us and protect us from this oppression. Our worker said this was to help me so I wouldn't be so stressed but then they do this and that sent my stress levels through the roof. I am the only one DH has to help and care for him, so I have to be strong for both of us. THANKS FOR YOUR PRAYERS ...
Old 05-15-2013, 09:23 PM   #203  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Oh, Rosebud, what an upsetting thing to happen. The work of the devil ,in my opinion.
I am praying that God will intervene in this matter, that this Doctor will see that what he is doing is unfair and completely uncalled for. I pray, Rosebud that you will be relieved of this stress and anxiety and that God will bless you with strength and courage, praying also that this will not affect your health.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:31 PM   #204  
Rosebud

OK, FELLOW WARRIORS ~ as if the call we got in the afternoon wasn't bad enuff, we just got a call from my DAD that he received the news today that he has invasive colon cancer once again -- so he and our stepmother GRACE will have surgery the same week or sooner (Grace: June 4th); and we'll let you know DAD's date as soon as we find it out. (BTW, his doctor says that they are gonna move as fast as they can to get this out -- just waiting on the test results right now. PRAISE GOD -- that's the best way to go ... take aggressive measures from the get go!)

And secondly, just like my brother said, my DAD also said "Don't let them push you around!". OK, DAD we won't ... we'll go in and try to be assertive, but polite; stand our ground, but let GOD fight. And BIL says, "LET'S ALL PRAISE GOD ANYWAYS -- no matter what happens" No matter what man does, GOD IS STILL IN CONTROL, PEOPLE. We will trust Him and believe that He will take care of all His children.

THANKS FOR YOUR PRAYERS, FRIENDS -- let us join them with a company of angels for the best of protection and care for DAD & GRACE, and DH & ME ... PRAISE GOD; AND LET HIS WILL BE DONE IN OUR LIVES EVERY DAY ... in Jesus' name -- AMEN & AMEN!!!

EDIT2ADD ~ thanks BARGOO -- just saw your post. I agree with you about \youknowho/ trying to cause us some trouble, but our GOD is stronger! There is nothing too hard for our GOD; He can do anything. I know that there is a lesson here somewhere; we are now asking people -- have you made a will and POA for down the road??? Well, you better think about it now ... Sad, but true that the almighty $$$ is more important than human lives it seems these days. I thank GOD that He cares about people and souls more than money and things.

PRAISE GOD FOR HIS EVERLASTING LOVE ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 05-15-2013 at 10:34 PM.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:27 AM   #205  
wishin' for sun!

Prayers going up for all!
Old 05-16-2013, 02:00 PM   #206  
Here to Learn

Rosebud- It makes me upset on your behalf to read what the hospital is trying to do! I am praying for you, and also for your Dad and Step-Mom and their surgeries.

I told you guys last time about how I felt God had led me to my cat over the weekend and helped me to save him from a severe hypoglycemic episode. Well, I had a similar thing happen yesterday with my dog. Two days ago my dog at an entire raw soup bone. It's common for me to give the dogs soup bones, and in the past they only at the marrow. But this time my dog ate the whole thing all gone! And she's had bowel issues for a couple days. But yesterday I went home and she had been sick all over her kennel. There was literally a pool of it, and a vile nasty bit of stuff it was. I found some bone pieces in her vomit, and I had to throw her dog bed in the trash because it was filthy and I have no way to wash something so large. She kept getting sick and just looked miserable- she had dry heaves, which I've never seen with a dog. I prayed for her, and made a vet appointment. I was scared she had bone shards inside her that were causing problems, especially after she threw some up. Anyway, while we were waiting for the vet's appointment in an hour, she started acting much improved. I mean, literally went from acting like she on death's doorstep to wanting to play and eat. I took her to the vet and she got x-rays and literally nothing showed up. She has belly gas and that's it. I know this was a miracle. She was so sick, and then right after I prayed she was all better. I'm not sure why God has shown me twice in one week that I am being looked after (and my pets too) but I'm very grateful.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:23 PM   #207  
Rosebud

DEE ~ I am so glad that your pets are both feeling so much better without any long=lasting ill effects. Maybe GOD just wants us to trust Him more with everything, including our beloved pets.

UPDATE ON MEETING WITH ACCESS TEAM ~ it was very disappointing in many ways. I don't understand the urgency in what this doctor has done; not consulting us in the process or even discussing with us what he intended to do -- a coward's way of handling things in my books. This is so tragic when what he has done has such far reaching consequences to both our lives; this is not a single case of a trustee for an individual. So, we have been told that very soon all our finances and property will be under the control of a government trustee even though I am perfectly capable and competent to handle our financial and other affairs.

I was so surprised when the doctor handed DH another legal document as we were leaving; and I asked him why he gave this legal document to DH if he feels he is so incompetent -- he couldn't come up with anything other than, "Oh, I have to give it to him as he leaves the hospital"-- instead of telling DH what he is really doing to his face and in everyday language, but instead gives him a document he knows DH will not ever read. Again, to me this is a coward's way of handling things ...

This man (the doctor) was curt, smug, and uncaring; while all the others at least tried to explain things to us. Still they lied to us; they deceived us; and they stabbed us in the back. A few came to talk to us later and apologized saying they didn't have any idea what that doctor was up to. One worker is going to look into the laws so I at least know what my rights are before all the paper hits the fan so2speak.

I have to admit that I have never been so sad in my life; or felt so betrayed in my life by anyone. LORD, help me forgive them. I guess there are many kind of betrayals -- infidelity by a spouse; parents to children and visa versa; between friends, and now by our government and health care providers. This isn't the first time I have come across this either. I am so worried about all the unsuspecting people out there now who have no idea what may befall them in the not2distance future.

While it is important to protect those that need protecting; that wasn't so in our case as I have been managing our financial affairs with DH's consent since we got married; and I have done a great job of it too. There really was no reason to take control of our money and property the way they have at this time. I am so very suspicious about what is really going on here. They are also going to take 2-3% of our income as a fee for something we did not request or need in the first place. Plus, if I apply for guardianship I have to pay $400.00 just for the application -- only GOD knows what other costs there may be.

I pray that GOD will find out the truth for us and let us know soon. Please pray for us in the meanwhile that I am not prevented from my own money and/or our home in any way ... thanks!!!

BTW, the assessment was a total waste of time and money: we found out nothing that we didn't already know; and no changes have been made in his care except that the homecare worker is gonna try to get us some home care help and day activities for a little while as the social activities were his favorite part of the program. A few weeks of help is better than nothing (as that is all you get); and I hope that will make DH happy for a few days. I know that he is thrilled to be back at home tonight. We are gonna try to create our own mini-program here for the days in between and hope it helps him somewhat. Then we'll take some of that stuff back home and continue it there. Maybe a few friends and I could create a free drop-in day program in our home -- we do have a big basement that might work well for this. I will pray about this and see if GOD wants us to do this; I think DH would get a charge out of that. Now I just have to save up the money for the things we need.

Now I have to get some sleep; haven't slept at all since the night before. My legs are tired and sore and need some rest, as the chemo is really kicking in this week. THANKS FOR YOUR PRAYERS, EVERYONE ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 05-16-2013 at 10:26 PM.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:38 PM   #208  
Here to Learn

Rosebud- I am so saddened about your situation, and frankly don't understand how it's even legal? You don't live in this facility, how on earth can they seize your assets? I think you need to hire a good lawyer. This is unbelievable. I will keep you and your DH in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:29 PM   #209  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Rosebud, I am shocked and saddened by this. I will be praying about this and I would like to ask all the prayer warriors to make this a priority as this is an urgent need.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:52 AM   #210  
wishin' for sun!

Rosebud-I agree with Dee about speaking to a lawyer if you can. I will definitely continue to pray for this situation. This is not uncommon in these situations though. My BIL's father had alzheimers. Before it came time to get him residential care, their attorney advised them to split up the farm to all the kids, because the care center and the gov't could take it to 'pay' for the care. My MIL, because of a mistake after receiving a low-interest, gov't loan on a self-help house (she was supposed to refinance privately within so many years, but wasn't told it-it was hidden in the legal speak in the documents) now had to agree to give the gov't the house when she dies to pay off the 'interest' they didn't get due to the low interest of the original loan. It may not seem like much, as they house is small, but she has no other assets, so there's nothing to pass on to DH or his sisters for inheritance. She's very upset about this and feels betrayed like you do.

God will work to right this situation, Rosebud-I know He will. Keep the faith and see if there's someone you can talk to for advice.

Dee-I'm so glad your pets are ok. God does work in wonderful ways to protect all those we love!

Prayers continue!