Old 05-02-2013, 10:28 PM   #166  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

We went shopping this am to get two more outfits for DH and took them to him today. We had a nice visit and he seemed more contented there. He was excited about the programs they have there and loved the activities. We took him a favorite treat: coffee & muffin from Timmies and he really enjoyed that ...

I am so glad that it is working out for him for now and pray that it stays that way long enough to get the assessment completed. We are looking into what services may be available for us when we go back home too. Hopefully they can be arranged before we get back there. Called DH's sister and she asked when we are coming back home.

Well, if my blood platelets are above 105 this Monday, I can go ahead and have round #4 of my chemo the next day (Tuesday); so we are praying all keeps on schedule as planned. The only glitch is that they booked my sister's pre-lim for her teeth for Monday as well; and that won't work out. My BIL can't be in two places at once. So we need prayers for wisdom for my sister what is the best thing to do in this situation.

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR PRAYERS, and to GOD for hearing and answering them!!! Gonna get my feet up and rest up well tomorrow. Oh, my BIL somehow did something to his PC so that Windows got stuck and won't reload when he restarts the computer; so my brother is coming over tomorrow to look at it -- we pray that he will receive the wisdom he needs to fix it.

Plus, we are continuing to send up prayers for everyone here as well ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:18 PM   #167  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

So glad to hear the improvement with Wilma's brother, and that things are going well for Rosebud's husband.

I'll keep praying for all concerns and that Rosebud's platelets will be high enough for the next round.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:16 AM   #168  
Rosebud

THANKS FOR YOUR PRAYERS EVERYONE ~ BIL erased his Windows drivers + program when doing something he shouldn't have on his netbook; so he ended up buying a new laptop (which he wanted anyways ... hmmm). Worked out good for him in the end, I think.

We're supposed to spend the afternoon shopping for dresses for my niece's upcoming wedding at the beginning of June -- and we will, as soon as NUMPSTER gets up and going, that is ... she was up way too late last night. So, we are praying for a fun and successful trip today.

DEE & others ~ thanks for your prayers about my blood platelets returning to normal or at least over 105, so I can have my chemo on Tuesday as per schedule. I fell asleep early last night, as my legs were very tired and sore; maybe did a bit too much walking and other stuff lately. I am taking my walker (with the seat) today so I can rest whenever I need to today.

I just noticed that we are well into the month of MAY, so will have to start a May Encourager's Thread today. Hope everyone is well out there; and ^PRAYERS^ are continuing for you and yours ...
Old 05-04-2013, 11:30 AM   #169  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Been feeling a little blah but have been lurking and praying for all requests. Rosebud that is good news for DH I don't know if they have such a program in the US but it certainly sounds beneficial. Remember I am praying for you and yours. My God shall supply all your needs.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:54 AM   #170  
Rosebud

BARGOO ~ Will send up prayers that the LORD will lift up your body & spirit today ...

I have had a few personal blows myself lately -- please pray that Jesus will heal these emotional wounds, so that I can be strong for my chemo treatments and not turn to food to soothe my hurt feelings. DH's Alzheimers is so far along now that he often says and does things that are very hurtful & scary to me and others. I know that he doesn't realize the harm he is doing; much of the time, he doesn't even know who I am, but it still hurts regardless. Please pray about this for us ... thanks!

Oh, we had a bluejay hit our window a few minutes ago; and he/she seems quite stunned. We are praying that GOD will heal her/him quickly; right now, it is resting a bit.

Am praying that you all have a wonderful day ...
Old 05-04-2013, 12:03 PM   #171  

Rosebud , try and remember DH as he is now is not the man you married, he is not responsible for the hurtful things he says now, it is the Alzheimers that causes this. Try and remember Isaiah 40:31 and Isaiah 41:13.
Old 05-04-2013, 09:04 PM   #172  

S/C/G: 221/215.4/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

A quick check in. Praying for all requests here. Have a blessed weekend.
pattygirl63 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 03:46 PM   #173  
Rosebud

THANKS BARGOO ~ YES, in my head I know that is true; but since I am human, my heart still gets hurt just the same. I am always singing and praising GOD to help myself heal; and of course, thanks for the scriptures -- you know that they always help lift my spirits too ...

^PRAYERS^ continue for you and yours ...
Old 05-05-2013, 04:49 PM   #174  

Rosebud, forgiveness is a great healer. Forgiving him for his hurtful words wlll help you more than him. I am sorry that you have to experience these things , especially now when you have your own health to consider.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:33 PM   #175  
Rosebud

Quote:
... forgiveness is a great healer. Forgiving him for his hurtful words will help you more than him.
Well yes, that is a given in my situation: meaning a lack of forgiveness is not an issue for me. In marriage, you may have to forgive your spouse thousands of times; and in a situation like this, you have to forgive many times a day. That still does not negate the reality of our experience.

I am not going to share the kinds of things I am talking about becuz this is too personal; but there are things that are more difficult to endure than others, but even harder to forget really. So you can choose to forgive, but the hurt may take a little bit longer, and I know GOD knows & understands that too.

Time will help me heal too; and the LORD always reminds me to pray & praise -- after the choice of forgiveness, these are the greatest healers. For me, GOD's Love is a greatest healer for me, as man's love cannot compare. I remind myself that no matter what I am dealing with in this earthly life -- that GOD loves me more than anyone ... and in a holy, kind, merciful, and pure way. That in itself is the greatest treasure of all; and I think that is what I am learning through this experience most of all.

We are going to the city hospital for the pre-chemo tests early tomorrow morning (Monday). If my blood platelets are high enuff, I will be able to do chemo round #4 on Tuesday. We will visit DH tomorrow as well. THANKS for all your prayers ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 05-05-2013 at 11:03 PM.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:06 AM   #176  

Rosebud, the things suggest I am sure you already know I am just serving as a gentle reminder . I understand pain can go deep and it takes it own time in lessening . I am sorry you have to go through this.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:07 PM   #177  
Here to Learn

Prayers for Rosebud, Rosebud's DH and Bargoo and all other needs here.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:05 PM   #178  
Here to Learn

Hi-

I have two prayer requests.

One- my friend Lita lost her mother suddenly last week and has been trying to find homes for her mother's pets (2 dogs, 2 cats) living at her mother's trailer. Yesterday the trailer caught on fire and 1 dog and both cats perished from smoke inhalation. Please pray for my friend and her family as they go through this tough time.

Two- I'm starting a new med today for my breathing problems. Please pray this is the right medicine for me, and that I won't be allergic to it like I was the last one.

Thanks for all your prayers and positive comments.

Dee
Old 05-06-2013, 07:47 PM   #179  

Dee, remembering your prayer requests.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:53 PM   #180  

Prayers for all. I lurk here often and think about you all often even when I'm not posting.

It made me happy to see one of Gary's jokes from 2010 get bumped today. Such a fun sense of humor. RIP Gary.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote