Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 08:43 AM   #151  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

I had my dates wrong on my sister's surgery Rosebud. Her surgery is this morning. Thank you for the prayers.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:00 AM   #152  
Quit counting at 45!

Thank you for the prayers for my stepmom. She is doing much better and hopefully will be going home today. It scares us every time she goes into the hospital as it happens much too often. She's a fighter though.

I will be praying for your sister today Gary. And also for you!

My prayers go up for each request here. God hears and He cares!
Old 11-05-2012, 10:01 AM   #153  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Gary, keeping Annie in prayer this AM.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:13 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

auntNelly - I pray for you, your Step-mom and Dad that some how y'all will be able to work together in a peaceful way that is helpful to all 3 of you. I know that has to be difficult. Y'all are in my prayers daily.

wilma - I also have a SM who has lots of medical problems and she does the same thing. My sister and I know that Daddy lives to take care of her and feel like when she is gone that it won't be long until our Daddy would follow her. Although taking care of her is many times difficult for him, we also know that needs her to take care of. Glad yours is coming home and doing better.

bargoo - I also love the 23rd Psalm. My grandmother paid each of her grandchildren 25 cents to memorize the 23rd and the 91st Psalms. She told us if we ever got in a situation we couldn't handle or we were afraid that we were to say those Psalms. I've since heard beautiful teachings on them. I loved the "I shal l dwell in the house of the Lord forever" more when I realized that actually meant that I would dwell in the Presence of the Lord forever. Powerful Psalms and like Rosebud said leaves us with such peace.

Gary - Praying for your sister's surgery to go well and a quick recovery. Praying you continue to do so well.

Rosebud Keeping you and DH in my prayers.

Prayers continued for everyone here.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:24 AM   #155  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

The doctor took a piece of my sister's mass for testing, he said it didn't look like cancer but did look suspicious....
Old 11-06-2012, 12:16 PM   #156  

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
The doctor took a piece of my sister's mass for testing, he said it didn't look like cancer but did look suspicious....
Will continue to pray... praying for a good report for your sister. And of course, prayers continue for you and family.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:01 PM   #157  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Sending prayers for all!
Old 11-06-2012, 09:10 PM   #158  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

GARY ~ hoping & ^praying^ that the biopsy results come out in a positive way for your sister ...

^PRAYERS^ continue for ALL of you and yours ...
Old 11-07-2012, 06:41 PM   #159  

Thanks for your prayers. Had my docs appt today. I did get a mild diuretic to use as I feel I needed because I don't want a habit of taking it all the time. I am still going to be on the Metformin, but waiting for my insurance approval to get the time-released. He said it has less side effects. I thought we decided for me not to take the Fenofibrate although I told him I would take it if he insisted. He went online and put my prescriptions in and when I got to the pharmacy it was one of the meds that was ready... so I guess I'm going to continue taking it. It seems to be the medicine to keep the cholestrol and trigycerides down. My A1c was 7.0 which I was amazed & thrilled it wasn't higher. DH was 7.4 and he's on his meds. He told the doc it was all his halloween candy. DD told her Daddy it was all the candy he's eaten in the last 120 days. LOL His was .1 down from 3 mos ago. Mine was up about .8 from May without meds so I consider that pretty good especially since I was guilty of eating the Halloween candy too. Doc doesn't want to put me on any other diabetic med because he says it is too easy to gain weight on. Please pray in agreement with me that the timed-release Metformin works because the regular did curb my appetite and kind of kept me regular and of course, there are loads of other benefits as well. I pray the timed-release does as well for me. So I will do what he said and pray over the pills as I take them. He also gave me an order to go have a mammogram at the women's center here in town. I understand Medicare pays for one every 2 yrs. He said I have fibrocytic tissue under both breasts but no nots so nothing to work about. DD says all women have them... she does too. So I've got to call and make an appt as soon as I find out when DSIL is off work.

So overall I am happy with the results of my docs visit even though he didn't change my treatment much. I read that you need to drink a glass of water before you go to bed to stop leg cramps so I'll be trying that praying that will work as that is the side effect I've been experiencing with the Metformin and the Fenofibrate. INTERESTING thing I learned today about my Doc. He counts calories when he needs to and he uses myfitmesspal.com. He showed me how he uses it on his ipad. He tried to show me how to use my Smartphone to do it but he wasn't familure with the Smartphone and didn't have time to figure it out.

Thanks again for your prayers.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:25 PM   #160  
Quit counting at 45!

Just a quick "pop in" to update you on my stepmom. She went home from the hospital on Tuesday and is steadliy improving. She is taking the necessary rests and is in really good spirits.

Thanks so much for your prayers for her!
Old 11-09-2012, 07:58 PM   #161  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma12 View Post
Just a quick "pop in" to update you on my stepmom. She went home from the hospital on Tuesday and is steadliy improving. She is taking the necessary rests and is in really good spirits.

Thanks so much for your prayers for her!
PTL!!!! So glad she is doing better. Will continue praying.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:26 PM   #162  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

TRISH ~ glad your check-up turned out so well. Praying the T-R Metformin will help you; plus that your mammogram test will go well, and that you will have clear results too.

WILMA ~ that's good news about your step-mother; happy to hear that she is improving so much already.

^PRAYERS^ continue for you and yours ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-09-2012 at 09:28 PM.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:51 AM   #163  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Good to see answered prayers.

I will be going in tomorrow for a PET scan to see how much my tumor has shrunk. Depending on that, I will either be doing more chemo on Wednesday or requesting a date for surgery.

I am doing pretty good at the moment. I can eat food and a lot of it taste for the most part decent. I really need to gain weight, right now I am at my junior high weight LOL

Asking for prayers for Gavin a little boy at our church that has had cancer for four years and Jim, a friend of mine for the last 31 years from church. Both have cancer and are in need of prayer as they are struggling at this time.

Be good.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:47 PM   #164  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Gary, prayers for your friends with cancer.Praying for the healing touch of our God, Praying also that your PET Scan will give you the go ahead for surgery .
Old 11-11-2012, 03:44 PM   #165  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Gary your friends are in my prayers and Also am praying that your scan goes well and you are able to go ahead with your surgery.. Powerful Prayers are all around us!
Closed Thread