Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 07:54 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 185.4/183.6/169

Always reading, but not posting much. Pray for each as I read about them.

Awesome on your husband getting his job back! That is wonderful!

EZ...sounds like the Lord is touching you. Good to hear you have no pain.

For those who prayed for me, thanks! I have found a diet that is (so far) working for me very well. I have lost some weight which after trying for several years with no results, seeing some small results in 1 1/2 months is very encouraging!
Old 09-16-2012, 09:58 PM   #17  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Not a lot of energy tonight. Maybe too much family coming by to visit....such troubles...wink.

I have read ALL and am so happy for answered prayers.

Until I visit again, bless you all!
Old 09-16-2012, 11:38 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

I have been intending to update you on my grandsons and how they are doing. They did have to go and live with the step father (Grrr) but they are allowed to come back to their Moms every other weekend right now. That is better than nothing. But she is still trying to get a lawyer that will help her fight to get them back with her permanently. Although they will be of age in a year to make their own decision. So all in all they are doing OK.

Sissy's knees are so much better! I really didn't want to have to put her through any surgery if I didn't have to. I found through Puritan Pride a Joint Complex with Hyalluronic Acid and K2 for people. Checked with my vet. and I cut them in half and give Sissy a half and also Ginger gets a half. They both come running when I tell them it is time for a "peanut butter pill" I coat them with peanut butter. So they both seem to be doing great.

I am so glad to see you checked in Gary. We all are thinking of you and sending prayers. Get rest and feel better.

Prayers for all concerns tonight. Didn't realize it was already so late. (((Hugs))) to everyone!
Old 09-17-2012, 03:54 PM   #19  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

KAREN ~ thanks for tthe updates; I appreciate them so I can update our current prayer list each month. Glad those pills are helping the furry baby's joints. Is that the glucosamine? Also, we are happy the boys are OK and that they get to visit with their mom regularly. Thanks for that link to the song too.

GARY ~ tiredness can be expected from the chemo, but we are so glad there is nothing more.

NELLY ~ yes, we still pray for you and yours; very glad the tests have shown that your heart is fine, and that your new plan is working for you -- many blessings! PRAIZE GOD!

RONNIE ~ As I said in the other thread -- PRAIZE GOD, PRAIZE GOD, PRAIZE GOD!!! So much good news and blessings for you; we are thrilled for you & yours. I pray for you & all of our other prayer warriors & friends here regularly too (even if I don't mention it daily).

I thank you for praying for me, as I need it right now; can't explain here but sometimes, you-know-who likes to use those around us to attack us, esp if we are a blessing for the kingdom/others. GOD has sent us many blessings too, but we all have our daily trials. So I would appreciate prayers for protection, as I send up some for your DH too.

So sorry to hear the chemo/treatments/surgery didn't work for LEITHA and SUE; am sending up prayers for a special blessing of peace & comfort for both of them and their families over the next while. Ronni, when I hear someone is getting chemo, I try to remember to pray for protection of their organs/body too, becuz I know that they can have some negative side effects for some people.

PRAYER REQUEST PLEASE ~ for my brother, RPS -- I put him back on the current prayer list becuz my sister says that he is struggling and turning to alcohol again to deal with issues of depression, loneliness, and maybe pain too (not sure). May the LORD rescue him from this bondage and fill him with His Love, and Peace, and healing Power instead. Thanks so much, friends ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-17-2012 at 09:51 PM.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:24 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Rosebud. praying for protection from attack or whatever the enemy is trying to send your way,may you find peace and comfort in the knowledge that if God is for us, who can be against us ?
Praying also for your brother that he be released from the bondage of alcohol.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:40 PM   #21  
Rosebud

BARGOO ~ thanks -- very appreciated; I have been hard-pressed this past week esp. It's mostly people making assumptions based on jealousy and imaginations that are hurtful to others; and both my DH & I have been the victims of this lately. Here's just two examples:

Pray for my DH not to be too jealous becuz I have lost weight -- this is coming up a lot. Other people keep saying things to him and putting negative thoughts in his mind. Well then, you can imagine how that ends up. Heck, if a guy just nods at me, someone said "He is making time with your wife". No, he's not; he just nodded; OR, if DH talks to a lady, they assume he is having an affair -- palease people, get a life!!!

So, I spent all last evening praying for people & reading scriptures, and praising GOD, etc. I find that helps more than anything else for dealing with these kinds of things. May the LORD's protection and peace continue for us ...
Old 09-17-2012, 10:59 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Rosebud---sending prayers that the old "green eyed monster" will just go on and leave you and your hubby alone. Why do people just have to meddle in other peoples happiness.....only because they are unhappy in their own lives. Stay strong, hold your head up high and always keep a smile!
Old 09-18-2012, 12:19 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Rosebud is right Gary been through it with two friends and a sister. They got very tired but one that was 71 at the time kept walking some every morning don't know how she did it no bigger than anything and so weak. Praying for you Gary and everyone else here.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:21 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Rosebud sounds like they need to sweep their own back steps and trying to draw attention to someone else.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:58 PM   #25  
Rosebud

Thanks you guys, for your understanding. This has been going on for some time, but I just kept praying for them & DH; and told DH to ignore them. That's what I do. I understand why he gets upset -- becuz some people tell him that I am going to leave him becuz I am losing weight. Can you believe that? What a horrific assumption. That upsets him becuz he has Alzheimers and relys on me so much to take care of him. They are scaring him.

We were up almost all last night talking about this; and I assured him that I am not going to abandon him. You know, our vows say "in sickness & health" and I have to keep reminding DH of them (probably becuz of his Alzheimers too). I am losing weight for my health; and that's it!

So, thanks so much for your prayers about this ...
Old 09-20-2012, 08:09 PM   #26  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Oh, Rosebud-why do men so easily believe that if we change, we're going to leave? I've heard that too and the only thing that comes to mind as a possible reason is that my DH was married before and his first wife cheated on him, plus both his sisters have had multiple marriages/partners, so he hasn't seen many faithful females. Satan works in this so quickly, too. You'll both be in my prayers, of course

Our friend, Sue, from our church, passed away Tuesday. She had fought long and hard with her cancers, but was now ready to go home with her Lord. Keep her husband, Roger, in your prayers as he was totally devoted to her.

Thank you all and God bless. Have a nice evening!
Old 09-20-2012, 08:25 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

*waves*

I don't normally venture in here, but I was wondering if I could request prayers for my friend's brother, Colton. He was diagnosed with leukemia a few months ago, and finished his last round of chemo recently. Earlier this month, he had a bone marrow transplant, and from what I understand, his body isn't handling it well and he's been really sick. He's only 22.

Last edited by penmage; 09-20-2012 at 08:26 PM.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:51 PM   #28  

ronni, praying for Sue's husband that he will find comfort at this time.
penmage , praying for Colton that he will receive the healing touch from The Great Physician.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:07 PM   #29  
Rosebud

P3NMAGE ~ certainly, we will lift up COLTON in ^prayer^ to our LORD for His healing touch, and for peace & comfort for Colton and his family during this time as well ...

THANKS, RONNIE ~ DH & I did some indepth ^prayers^ about that today, and all other concerns in our life at this time, esp health-related matters. I felt a good peace afterwards. Sorry to hear about SUE's passing; I had been sending up lots of prayers for her & LEITHA lately. Now she is home with our LORD, and not suffering anymore. Have sent up prayers for her husband, Roger, for peace & comfort in his time of grief, as he adjusts to life here without SUE by his side.

PRAYER REQUEST PLEASE ~ ALSO, could you guys pray for my right shoulder -- many years ago I injured the top of my right shoulder. Just recently, I noticed one of my bones seems to be swollen like a knob. At first, I thought it was becuz I had lost weight & just never noticed it before, but sometimes it is sore if I sleep on this bone during the night. I have asked the LORD for healing today as I noticed the left one isn't like that at all. I really hope it's nothing serious, but will have to get it looked into very soon, if it doesn't go back down on its own. I had been lifting some light weights & doing exercises, so I wondered if I had injured it somehow (I have stopped that for now too) ... Thanks so much!
Old 09-20-2012, 10:31 PM   #30  

Rosebud, praying for healing for that shoulder. We never know how much we need our shoulders until we injure one.
Closed Thread