Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 10:59 PM   #181  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Hi Gals ~

Well everyone just left the get together. We ended up with 29 people...seven we hadn't planned on!

My daughter and son in law's friend (best man) was down for the day ~ my ex-wife's relatives, 2 teen-age girls, just got into town for the summer from Germany...they come almost every year ~ my brother in law's mom, aunt and brother just moved back here from Illinois. Our familygot a lot bigger overnight But then that happens a lot!

ROSEBUD ~Glad the ankle is feeling better. We used to do jigsaw puzzles around here when the kids were young teens...haven't done that in a while...humm...sounds like fun!

KAREN ~Now that is scary! We have the coyote's around here a lot. I am glad you "braved" it and got back out there!

Well for all and have a great start to your week!~ Gary
Old 07-27-2008, 11:45 PM   #182  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

House guests don't leave until the 5th. Right in the middle of my week at the camp grounds lol. I will have a house full of people and be going back and forth to the camp grounds too lol.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:04 AM   #183  
Intuitive Eater

Default new here

hi everyone, i'm new here (but i guess you knew that, lol)

i'm so glad ...

1) to have found the 3 fat chicks website
2) that it has a forum just for the plan i'm doing, "you: on a diet" and
3) bonus, that there is a Christian forum

i've been trying to lose weight for too many years and have watched myself fail at one diet after another over all those years

but, Lord willing, maybe this time i've got the right tools, right outlook and right inspiration to lose this weight once and for all

so far i've been very inspired by what i've seen at 3 fat chicks ... many success stories and works in progress, it's all quite motivating

i hope that someday i am able to be an encouragement to someone else as i have found encouragement here already

i am inspired
Old 07-28-2008, 09:52 AM   #184  

S/C/G: 255/238.6/150

Height: 5'8

WELCOME!!!!!!!!!

I am inspired! So glad you found us... Im new here as well... I joined this group a couple weeks ago and the ladies here are amazing! Good luck on your journey to weight loss!
Old 07-28-2008, 10:53 AM   #185  

S/C/G: 199.4/195.4/149

Height: 5ft3in

well, it looks like I have missed alot...hopefully i can keep up again!
Welcome to all the new people.
Prayers for all those who have asked. I will pray that God is working in your lives and hearing your needs and thanks.

I am almost a week on the new I am doing it myself diet. WW was not working for me and I felt very discouraged. I had gone far the other way in many aspects and I am trying to turn the tide in life. So I am feeling happier, working hard and trying my best. I will let you know Wednesday if I am seeing any loss. I also joined sparkpeople.com which is a big help as well as the chat here. Take care all and have a blessed day, Erin
Old 07-28-2008, 11:34 AM   #186  
Intuitive Eater

thank you for the warm welcome mjhenderson and mcmommy2 nice to meet you both

i am inspired (and lookin forward to the day i don't have to format a signature anymore lol)
Old 07-28-2008, 12:29 PM   #187  

S/C/G: 316/304/185

Height: 5'4"

Good Monday Morning Everyone,

I had a great weekend. It was productive both in diet and exercise. I get so grouchy when I don't find the time to exercise. It just makes me anxious about the scales on Tuesday afternoon.

I am inspired: Welcome aboard. I am very new to this site and it is nice to have other newbies to share with.

mjhenderson: I was born and raised in VA. Where abouts are you from?

Everyone have a blessed day.

In His Hands

Tacklenurse
Old 07-28-2008, 01:55 PM   #188  
*Courtney Rae*

S/C/G: 245/217/160

Height: 5'5

Hello All! I am back from my mini vacay. I had such an amazing time. My boyfriend rented a cottage for us. We spent the weekend riding the 4 wheeler, fishing (well he fished i tanned and slept on the boat). It was beautiful weather. 80-95 all weekend, but barely any humidity and lots of breeze. I think i gained 2 or 3lbs. We will see later this week on offical WI day. I was expecting it though. We had quite a scare friday though. Long story short his fishing line got tangeled in the motor of the boat, we drifted to the swampy/lilly pad area. He got on the back of the boat and i got a BRIGHT (STUPID) idea to give him the knife from the tackle box to cut the line off the motor. He fell! Cut one hand on the motor, cut the other hand on the knife, stabbed his ribs/armpit. Bruised a few ribs from landing on the metal floaty part that holds the boat up. It was very SCARY. He just screamed for help and i freaked out. My bf of 6'4 and 270 so i was not of much help getting him back into the boat. All is okay now though. Im thanking the lord that he is okay and we both got back to land safelty.

I see there are a few newbies around. Hello to all new comers i have not yet met.

Glad to see everyone has been posting and keeping this a great active thread. Happy monday everyone!
Old 07-28-2008, 03:32 PM   #189  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Gary, the celebration sounds so fun. I love looking back at old church directors....we really are a family with so much history together. I'm happy you and Angie have a wonderful church family too.

Karen, How scarey!!

Welcome, I am Inspired.

Last edited by lovnmom; 07-28-2008 at 03:38 PM.
Old 07-28-2008, 03:56 PM   #190  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

to IAMINSPIRED ~ a great group here and lots of other newbies like you as well.

KAREN ~ good for you braving a walk in the countryside once again; trustin' the LORD to take care of you. You know, a spray bottle of WHITE VINEGAR (mixed half with water) would work just as well to ward off any dogs as it has a potent smell, but won't cause any harm to anyone/thing.

GEE COURTNEY, so glad that DB is OK; that could have been even worse than it was; praise GOD that you were able to get him back into the boat and safely to shore. Hope all his cuts and bruises heal soon (will pray for him for that). I hope the motor was OFF when he tried to cut that line??? I'm sure there were lots of lessons learned from that experience for both of you; but, so glad that your mini-holiday overall was fun and enjoyable.

HI SHY ~ sounds like you have a busy, busy summer goin' for ya there ... be sure to have some fun too!

GARY ~ glad your very large family party was a success; you are so blessed to have so many family members so close by to share time with (and a large home to share in). I like to do many kinds of puzzles: picture, crosswords (my fave), word search, and mixed game puzzles like bible quizzes and such. They are peaceful and stretch the mind without stressing it ~ LOL!

HI TO LOVNMOM, TACKLENURSE, MCMUMMY, MJ, and all our other friends; hope you all have a great week.

We had rain here all day, but nice cool temps which I'd rather have than the 90's anyways; sun forecasted for the next few days. Just hanging at home doing laundry right now, but will be going to the lot a couple of days later on in the week if the temps are right (not too hot or wet).

Take good care, your fellow encourager ROSEBUD ^^PRAYERS^^ going up for all ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 07-28-2008 at 04:03 PM.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:40 PM   #191  

Hi all. Just getting on to say hi. I have been feeling angry at my scale and my eating today showed it. I need to get back on track. It's good to hear how others are doing. I will try to be a faithful poster here to give/get support!!

Rikki
Old 07-28-2008, 10:13 PM   #192  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HI GALS ~

Angie is working at yoga tonight so I have some free time.

Not much new in my house since yesterday. Just watching my Angels on ESPN right now.

A big hello to RIKKI ~ MJ ~ TACKLENURSE ~ ERIN and RENNIE

ROSEBUD ~I hope the weather is still nice when you head to the lot. It's fun having our parties here...we always have seem to be the place but my house is not big at all...just 1,800 sq ft. The family room leads right out to the yard though where we have a a 20 X 60 concrete area for the basketball and shuffleboard courts. Our back yard is reasonable, enough for the bocce ball and that's plenty.

COURTNEY ~WOW! I am so glad your boyfriend didn't get hurt any worse than he did....must be the CSI and Law and Order shows in me but I got to thinking after I read it supposed he died or got hurt so bad he couldn't explain what happened himself...you could of been in big trouble! So glad you're not

KRISTI ~We get a directory about every 4-5 years...saved them all and it is hilarious looking through them...and sometimes a bit sad seeing those who have passed.

INSPIRED...keep on coming back.

Well back to the game .........have a great Tuesday everyone ~ Gary
Old 07-28-2008, 10:40 PM   #193  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

A quick fly-by
i am inspired -

I wish I had time for personals, but I don't. I am spending that time praying for each of you!

I will catch up tomorrow - blessings to all!
Old 07-28-2008, 11:11 PM   #194  
Intuitive Eater

hi countingdown, ezmoney, rlk2005, justwant2bhealthy, lovnmom, candykisses and tacklenurse and anyone i missed

thank you for the warm welcome i'm glad to be here

i am inspired
Old 07-29-2008, 08:48 AM   #195  
Quit counting at 45!

A quick prayer request - our kids were supposed to get their UHAUL truck today and were told yesterday that none were available. They are anxious to get going but after the first bit of discouragement are trusting God to supply this need. Please pray that they get a truck very soon. We want them to be travelling the highways before the long weekend and not on the long weekend.

Thanks!
Closed Thread