Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 10:41 PM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Christian Encouragers ~ JULY

---------------------------------------------------

You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support. This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring and loving....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servent's Prayer

Jesus, My Jesus....How marveleous your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name.
Amen

Last edited by EZMONEY; 06-30-2008 at 10:45 PM.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:38 AM   #2  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Have a great July Ladies!
Old 07-01-2008, 09:13 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

I've been doing great getting my cardio in, not so great with my strength training, so thats one thing I plan to work harder at this month. I also need to do something about my eating. I've got to get on a more regular schedule and stopping skipping meals and snacks, it leaves me feeling tired. So my plan is to have 2 options for breakfast and lunch, have a standard for snack and give DH the choice for dinner. The schedule thing is whats really got to happen though.

Mr. D got to play 2 baseball games last night, his regular game with the 2nd graders and then the "big boys" asked him to play since they were missing a couple. He did really well, he didn't seem nervous, he looked really small compared to the 4th graders though. DH is convinced he'll be a major leaguer one day. EZ, my DH is a Dodgers fan, thats where he says Gabe will play one day and then we'll have to move to California. Love to visit, not gonna live there though.

Been starting my day again with my Bible, got so busy the last week or so and stopped reading, not a good idea considering the current state of my church. I've got a clearer head now about things, mainly some of the people trying to topple the leadership because they don't like the decision. I hope they will soften their hearts, or they have a long weary road ahead of them.

My poison ivy is spreading, doc, says it doesn't spread, seems to me its in places it wasn't a few days ago. Call me crazy but I would call that "Spreading". Gotta go, should have already been outside with my gun, the muskrats are out there and they have "death" written all over them.

In Christ, Trish
Old 07-01-2008, 10:18 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 199.4/195.4/149

Height: 5ft3in

Trish- I see we both post on here and the 30's ...interesting...I also have to say how humorous it is to see a post that ends with In Christ but speaks of killing the muskrats previously...just got a little laugh out of me...you sound like my father in law standing on his deck manning the post watching the pond!

To all: happy July. Lets hope for many blessings and great weight loss!
Old 07-01-2008, 12:15 PM   #5  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi, everyone!

Can't believe it's another month already! Anyone else wondering where summer is going so quickly? Seems like we've been running and running and now it's almost the 4th.

Trish - I just had to laugh about the muskrats! I remember that from growing up in Indiana. Dad always had to get rid of them one way or another-had a lot of cute guys from school setting traps to sell the coats at times! lol! Prayers, still, for your church situation. Always hard to know what to do in these situations-breaks the heart. Where in IN are you? (that is, if you don't mind sharing) I grew up in the SE corner. Miss it a lot!

EZ-(from the June thread) glad you had a great bbq and that you and Angie have so much fun together. Wish my DH could let go of his stress and just chill a bit with the rest of us. Even when we're on 'vacation' he never just rests-always going and fretting and ranting about something.

Update on middle DS's trip with youth group to Salt Lake City. They're having fun now, but had bus trouble on the trip. New bus (it was chartered) blew a head gasket just outside Cheyenne, WY. They had to sit for hours at a truck stop, playing cards and eating and using up the phone cards and eating and, well, you get the picture. They, unfortunately, missed the first night of speakers, but are busy and having a great time now! Sure miss him at home, though. Youngest DS doesn't know what to do with himself, although he did ask if he could use his brother's video game time, too, since he wasn't here to use it himself Uh, noooooooo.........

So, it's July, and I've got to get my eating back in line. I keep craving Coke (caffeine-free,of course), but know that if I start I can't stop (like EZ's beer?!). I know how God wants me to eat, but I've always struggled with putting it into action. God, just give me the strength, cause I know it's only with You that I can do it.

Hope you all have a great day and enjoy the upcoming holiday! I'm remembering all last month's prayer requests and keeping you all in my thoughts.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:51 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Gary, Thank you for sharing that wonderful prayer. Something similar to the part, "always mindful of my nothingness while doing great and marvelous things in your name and for your glory," has pretty much become my mantra. My Children's Sermons have been going so well that each week I get far too many pats on the back and compliments. It's very tempting for the human in me to soak up the "glory." I spend a lot of time praying for humility. God has surely blessed me.

Trish, My youngest is going into 3rd grade and too loves to play baseball. Continued prayers for your church.

ronni62, Your youngest son sounds very ingenious!!!

mcmommy2, Happy 4th to you too!

It's all about baseball again today. DS is already off to a senior league game. Since he and DD also have a L.L. game this afternoon I opted to stay home and get a few things done this morning. Besides, it sounds as if both will be pitching. I will need some rest this a.m. to handle that stress. It will be DD's first time pitching Ahhhhh! The sky is threatening rain, but the way the radar looks both games may get played with rain in between. I got July off to a good start with a 4 mile walk. That made for 16 miles in 3 days. I think I'll be taking today off!
Have a terrific Wednesday everyone!
Old 07-02-2008, 10:26 AM   #7  

Hidee Ho!

Had a good night, I didn't get around to running spent a little too much time with a fantastic bottle of wine that DH and I got on our trip to Indy last month. Needlesstosay, I slept great! So I've got to go run here in a minute.

lovnmom, thanks for prayers. I love baseball!! I love it, its the one thing I can sit and watch and never get tired of. DH was invited to play for Philadelphia several years ago, right out of college and said he was just tired of it and turned it down. He had just got dumped by the girl he thought he would marry and became very ill with auto immune disease. He said he's never regretted his decision because if he had taken their offer we would never have met and he wouldn't have Mr.D and little miss Sassafrass. God was in it. On a different note, I have people all the time compliment me and thank me for singing, and I had a hard time with that last year. I asked the worship leader to take me off the team because I didn't want it to become about me. He refused and just told me to give it to God and so now when people say things to me, I just say thankyou and remind them its God using me for His work. Keep up the good work.

Ronni, thanks for prayers, I live just east of Washington, a little town called Montgomery. Big Amish community, course I've been from this county all my life and the whole county is pretty much a big Amish community. If you don't know where Wash. is we're about an hour N of Evansville. Youth group trip sounds like fun, even if they started out a bit rocky. He'll come home with lots of stories.

mcmommy, I noticed we posted both places too, good to know we have faith in common, you just don't know what you can say in some places for fear of driving people away, thats why this thread really caught my eye. It dawned on me a while back that I have trusted God with everything else except my healthy habits or rather lack of. I think God put the muskrats out there for me, that way I can kill them this summer instead of my kids, ha, ha.

EZ, thanks for keeping the thread up.

Gotta go, catch ya all later.

Blessings to all, Trish

Last edited by CCmomof5; 07-02-2008 at 10:27 AM.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:45 AM   #8  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi, all! I'm so glad I found this website and this thread-just wanted to share that

lovnmom: yep, DS3 is ingenious and that makes for fun and trouble too at times! Might be the age (11). You sound like such a busy mom and I can't believe you have time for 4-mile walks! Excellent! You can be an inspiration to me, because I have always had trouble finding the motivation for exercise of any kind.

Trish: my mom is probably familiar with your area, since she spent her high school years in Boonville. Of course, that was a really,really long time ago, because it's been a really long time since even I was in high school!

We got busy the last couple days, mowing our and mom's lawns (maybe that counts as some exercise?). Also, helped DH till the garden, again,(ok, well, I mostly watched, then raked it smooth). Can't believe how hard the soil became after we had the 8" of rain/flood water on it. Couldn't even hoe the weeds out-it was just like concrete! But, we did have a couple hours Mon and Tues afternoons free so DS3 and I went to the local pool (1/2 hour away) and did some swimming (I'm sure that counts as exercise!) One word of advice, though-Don't do an exfoliation on your face, then FORGET to put on sunscreen!!!! Ouch, ouch, ouch(she may seem cool, but that's sunburn on her little smilie face)

Today down to business, must make phone calls for DH and clean house, because our realtor has someone interested and we haven't even listed the house yet! But, tonight, the fun starts, because the nearest larger town has a big July 4th festival all the rest of the week and one of our favorite 50's& 60's bands is in the park by the lake tonight (for free, too!) Tomorrow is wrist-band day for the rides, so DS3 has made his request known! And, of course, fantastic fireworks Friday night. Hope you all have a great day and weekend and that God blesses you all with fun, friends, family, and good weather for your activities!

Now, where did I put that sunscreen.........
Old 07-02-2008, 05:57 PM   #9  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Just wanted to pop in and say hello. Got the whip out and making the kids clean their rooms lol.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:41 PM   #10  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Just a quick fly-by to say hello. Crazy busy, but doing well. I have the next few days off, so - hopefully, I can get caught up, and get more painting done.

Prayers continuing for all.

Blessings!

Laurie
Old 07-02-2008, 11:07 PM   #11  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HI GALS ~

I hope this finds you all doing well tonight. I'm watching a ballgame as Angie reads a book in the recliner behind me. This way....she has her time...me, my time...and we visit too!

Angie is pretty tired tonight! She took our 9 yr. old and 12 yr. old nieces to the water slides today...not too smart those are the 2 MOST TALK-A-TIVE GIRLS EVER BORN! It is much easier with our 4 other nieces...20-27...but then, when they were 9-12...

Yesterday it was the beach and today the water park...she is getting pretty tanned for a woman that doesn't leave the house in winter w/o sunscreen!

Planning our 4th of July shuffleboard tournament was pretty easy! We already have everything ready. We will have about 30 people but it is going to be a hot dog and hamburger BBQ. We will provide the meat and everyone will bring something, my ex-wife will bring a couple of salads, my sister the condiments and buns, chips from my daughter and son in law, son and daughter in law will bring beans, the rest just bring what they want to drink and some desserts...we add to it and whamm-o a done deal! Sweet and easy! We will play shuffleboard, bocce ball, and basketball...pretty much like all the parties we have! So predictable but no one ever wants to change it! On a rare night we break out one of our board games and some of the girls play.

Don't forget to do the 5K this week-end fellow Canada Day ~ 4th of July ~ Henley Regatta threaders!
Old 07-02-2008, 11:45 PM   #12  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCmomof5 View Post
..... The schedule thing is whats really got to happen though.

PLANNING! Is the ticket Trish!

.... EZ, my DH is a Dodgers fan, thats where he says Gabe will play one day and then we'll have to move to California. Love to visit, not gonna live there though.

Great to have a fellow fan in the 'hood! Why wouldn't you want to live here?

Been starting my day again with my Bible....

I really need to do that...I always start with the Sports page.

My poison ivy is spreading, doc, says it doesn't spread, seems to me its in places it wasn't a few days ago. Call me crazy but I would call that "Spreading". Gotta go, should have already been outside with my gun, the muskrats are out there and they have "death" written all over them.

In Christ, Trish
Hope the poison ivy is better.... I called my kids muskrats when they were little ...I better yell "duck! she's shootin' again!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmommy2 View Post

To all: happy July. Lets hope for many blessings and great weight loss!
And to you too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronni62 View Post
Hi, everyone!

Can't believe it's another month already! Anyone else wondering where summer is going so quickly? Seems like we've been running and running and now it's almost the 4th.

Summers fly...winters drag on and on!
EZ-(from the June thread) glad you had a great bbq and that you and Angie have so much fun together. Wish my DH could let go of his stress and just chill a bit with the rest of us. Even when we're on 'vacation' he never just rests-always going and fretting and ranting about something.

I am sorry for that Ronni. Angie and I enjoy a lot of things together from walking our dogs to watching our favorite shows on TV together. I will say that we do have our "my" time...right now, as I said she is behind me reading as I post and catch up here. We have date night once a week...which these days means dinner and home for TV and more than likely that's it But we almost ALWAYS go to church...very rare that we miss and we always HOLD HANDS during the sermon...I think that sets the tone for our week. Good luck

.......So, it's July, and I've got to get my eating back in line. I keep craving Coke (caffeine-free,of course), but know that if I start I can't stop (like EZ's beer?!). I know how God wants me to eat, but I've always struggled with putting it into action. God, just give me the strength, cause I know it's only with You that I can do it.

He does give us the strength to do all things!

Hope you all have a great day and enjoy the upcoming holiday! I'm remembering all last month's prayer requests and keeping you all in my thoughts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovnmom View Post
Gary, Thank you for sharing that wonderful prayer. Something similar to the part, "always mindful of my nothingness while doing great and marvelous things in your name and for your glory," has pretty much become my mantra. My Children's Sermons have been going so well that each week I get far too many pats on the back and compliments. It's very tempting for the human in me to soak up the "glory." I spend a lot of time praying for humility. God has surely blessed me.

KRISTI there is nothing wrong with being proud and feeling great for a good job done for our Lord...nothing! You know WHO gets the credit! Just don't run out there putting a 3 page ad in the local paper..."Come one Come All to SUPER-K's Jesus and the Children Show! Its natural to feel good...just as it is to do the Lord's work and feel like it goes un-noticed sometimes...as we mature in our walk...we figure it all out! You are on the right path!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCmomof5 View Post
Hidee Ho!

Had a good night, I didn't get around to running spent a little too much time with a fantastic bottle of wine that DH and I got on our trip to Indy last month. Needlesstosay, I slept great! So I've got to go run here in a minute.

My daughter was in INDY last month...week after the 500.

EZ, thanks for keeping the thread up.

Been here too long not to!

Blessings to all, Trish
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronni62 View Post
Hi, all! I'm so glad I found this website and this thread-just wanted to share that

We are so glad you did too!

....But, tonight, the fun starts, because the nearest larger town has a big July 4th festival all the rest of the week and one of our favorite 50's& 60's bands is in the park by the lake tonight (for free, too!) Tomorrow is wrist-band day for the rides, so DS3 has made his request known! And, of course, fantastic fireworks Friday night. Hope you all have a great day and weekend and that God blesses you all with fun, friends, family, and good weather for your activities!

Now, where did I put that sunscreen.........
Sounds like a blast Ronni!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shy Moment View Post
Just wanted to pop in and say hello. Got the whip out and making the kids clean their rooms lol.
Hello MEAN-MOMMY

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountingDown View Post
Just a quick fly-by to say hello. Crazy busy, but doing well. I have the next few days off, so - hopefully, I can get caught up, and get more painting done.

Prayers continuing for all.

Blessings!

Laurie
Got an extra brush SCOOTER?
Old 07-03-2008, 08:50 AM   #13  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning All!

It's been crazy busy around here lately. With summer comes the guests. One set leaves and another comes in. I do enjoy it though. At least my house stays somewhat clean.

We've also been building our garage. I spent last weekend and Canada Day being hubbie's go-fer. Quite enjoyed spending the days with him. It's also really nice to have a garage to park in. I'll enjoy it especially in the winter.

Our kids are busy - one set is moving away at the end of this month to Ottawa. They still need to find an apartment so if I could ask you to pray about that! Youngest son is still in Toronto and is being kept very busy there. It's been quiet at home but not having to worry about meals all the time has been really nice.

I've been able to concentrate a bit on my eating habits and have gotten a bit more exercise lately.

I've been reading the posts here on a daily basis and have remembered you in my prayers. I hope to be able to post more often. I'll try!!

We're going the the lake this weekend. I'm looking forward to the relaxing time we'll have. The scenery is amazing there.

Have a great day!
Old 07-03-2008, 11:29 AM   #14  

Happy July 3rd!!

I guess I'm jumping the gun a bit, huh? I'm excited DH will get off work on time today for a change and then he's home for the next 2 weeks, YIPEE!!!!
We have a lot of work we want to get done, but we also plan to spend some quality time together and with the kids. I started my day out a very bad girl. Had running to do early this morning and didn't get my cup of coffee in which helps to curb my appetite in the am. Middle Ds was going off to do a mission trip at a homeless shelter this weekend and I had to get him money and food and to the church on time, so away we went, then I had to go do the shopping right after, cause we were out of everything. Having the kids home is costing me a fortune. I was starving and the kids called me to bring donuts home from town and of course I did and of course I ate 2 of them. DUH! I'm hoping things will shape up better this afternoon but I have more running around to do yet, I really need to go get me and Mr.D a steroid shot for this poison thing, its keeping me awake at night. Help!

Wilma, will be praying for your family, sounds like a beautiful weekend ahead of you , enjoy it.

EZ, the party sounds like fun, good that you and the ex can be in the same place at the same time and no bad vibes. Didn't know you had set up another 5k for this weekend??? I'll make sure to do it. Actually plan to run this evening again and in the morning before the party gets going.

Hope everyone has a safe and happy 4th
Old 07-03-2008, 12:43 PM   #15  
*Courtney Rae*

S/C/G: 245/217/160

Height: 5'5

Hello everyone! Hope July is starting out as a good month for you. Its a little gloomy over here. The city is pretty much under water, hopefully there its a little less wet tomorrow for the fireworks. Im guna try really hard to stay on plan tomorrow. I will eat before i go to the family gathering for the 4th and wont be tempted to eat lots of bad stuff.
Closed Thread