Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 12:21 AM   #31  
tryin again

S/C/G: 172/170/123

Height: 5'1"

Thanks so much for your welcome! The day after I joined this site, my computer crashed, so now I am back you love those computers and hate them!. I guess I feel like I have tried before (sometimes with success) and know that I cannot do this by myself. I really believe that I can serve God better if I feel more comfortable with my body. I do a lot of emotional eating (Yeah, happy, sad, etc.
I have been praying about having support and I believe that this might be it.! Thanks again for your warm welcomes.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:19 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

Hey Everybody

Just checking in, glad to see everyone had a good 4th celebration. I didn't work out every day but I did get some in so I'm okay with that. DH is home for the next 2 weeks and has a lot on his to do list, only problem with that is I have a to do list a mile long already. I went and sang at the Nursing Home this morning for about 45 min. and tomorrow I have devotions at the jail, I don't mind helping him complete projects but I'm not changing my schedule to do it.

Gary, got the 5k in and I'm gonna do my nighttime one tomorrow. Glad you got to go walking with the girl, won't get to have too many more of those days once she finds Mr. Right.

Gotta go, try to check in tomorrow, family is a calling..... Trish
Old 07-08-2008, 07:30 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 199.4/195.4/149

Height: 5ft3in

Hi all! Sounds like many of you had lots of blessings so far this month. It is good to hear all the good news. Things here are going well. I am helping out at my kids daycare tomorrow- taking the kids to the pool so that should be fun.

Our church probably thinks we have moved since we have been on the go to inlaws in NY and my family in Pa. We will be in town this weekend, then camping, family weekends and then another week in NY at the Thousand Islands....so busy..it makes it hard to eat right but I am trying.

Wishing everyone well and lots of encouragement....it seems like this summer is going way too fast! -Erin
Old 07-08-2008, 10:34 PM   #34  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Elizabeth - I was QUEEN of emotional eating. Good, healthy foods - but just way too much of them. I justified it because I was eating such healthy stuff. A lb. here - another one there - added up to 10 lbs. every year - times 8 years.

Keep at it - slowly but surely you will be able to replace that emotional eating with prayer, meditation, exercise, activities, etc. It will happen. If God can change a sorry case like me - I am confident that anyone can do it.

Trish - wow - I wish I could sing. Being hearing-impaired, I can't carry a tune and people actually ask me to stop singing - REALLY. I started signing songs about 15 years ago so that I wouldn't offend everyone around me (and embarrass myself)

Erin - we were the same when the kids were little - we were on the go every weekend in the summer. Enjoy your busy schedule. We loved camping with the kids!!!

I hope everyone has a blessed Wed.
Prayers continuing!!!
Old 07-08-2008, 10:41 PM   #35  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

elizebeth
Hi

Sorry I haven't been around everyone. Finally all caught up here, doing laundry still tonight. Tomorrow is back on the normal schedule. I can't wait. This not being on a schedule has been killing me. I love routine.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:51 PM   #36  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Hi Gals ~

Angie is off working at yoga while I try to catch up here and yell at the dogs to stop "talking" to all the folks out walking theirs! They think they own the property around our house and NO ONE CAN ENTER! our area, even on the public sidewalk!

Had a great time with my daughter last night, she even thanked my today by way of a text message and an e-mail card

Not much news here, just trying to get a few pounds off as I near my anniversary and catching up the 5K threads. Thank all of you that entered!

SCOOTER ~Glad you are having great weather...got the painting and work around the house done. Gives you plenty of time to get out and ride

WILMA ~Good to hear the kids got a place. Sounds like the little vacation went well too!

JULIA ~ Good to see you. Sounds like you had a good time in the 5K

ELIZABETH ~Sorry about the computer but good to see you here. Keep coming back...jump right in.

TRISH ~ Oh I know if MR. RIGHT comes along I will lose her...I'm not sure her husband has figured it out though You must not have read my FIANCE DISAPPEARS thread a little over a year ago Hope those home honey-do's work out for both of you.

ERIN ~ Sounds like a busy summer for you! Enjoy the pool and being with the kids.

ROSEBUD ~I am so glad to NOT SEE YOU HERE! Then I know you are having a great time with your company! Play us a tune

KRISTI ~ KAREN ~ SUE ~ SHY ~ RONNI ~ COURTNEY and all the others
Old 07-09-2008, 07:50 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

CCmomof5, I was not a talented athlete, but I was joining the Navy when I was 18. I got a call from my recruiter asking me to go to boot camp 3 months before my plans, because there was an opening. I said oh no to that and then never did sign the final papers and go. My oldest DD asked if I regretted my choice because then I would have been something other than "just a mom." lol Not a chance, being "just a mom" has been the greatest gift God has given me and I never would have met my DH if I had joined. Keep singing! Mmm, doughnuts...it was a holiday relax!!

ronni62, It sounds like you're getting plenty of exercise. Good luck on the house projects and I hope you had fun over the 4th.

Gary, All I can say about your parties is, " don't fix what isn't broken! "

Wilma, I sometimes throw a party so I "have" to clean the house Hope you had fun over the weekend.

Candykisses, It sounds like you had a plan for your party. I hope it all went well.

Hey to Rennie and Laurie!!!
Old 07-09-2008, 08:06 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

The post above was responses to pg 1 now I'll try to catch up on pg 2 before DS ball game!!!

C-D, I too live in a tiny town with no "easy access" it makes life easier as I love both Starbucks and D K. I'm so happy to hear your results were negative or does that make them positive

Gary, Great job with the beer intake...or lack of. I think you should cut yourself some slack on the hot dogs and chips. We must have something sometimes don't ya know?!?!!?

ElizabethM, Welcome. You will find much encouragement here. Post often it really helps.

Candykisses, I t sounds like you did a terrific job of planning your food for the party and you have "better exercise plannin" on your radar. That's terrific. You should be proud of yourself!!

mcmommy2, I hope you had a terrific 4th as well!

Rosebud, Glad to hear you're having a smashing time!!

Juliahood, ha Ha, it flew by didn't it!!

WIlma, That's terrific news. Hope your shoulders are feeling better.

I have to get ready for DS ballgame now. I will catch up on pg 3 later in the day. DS is 13 today...OMGsh!!
Old 07-09-2008, 10:50 AM   #39  

Default Feeling........at peace? Hypocritical of me?

Since having Jake I've been trying to attend church regularly. I want to provide for him the same strong moral upbringing that my parents provided me and I feel church is a strong factor in this.

I alternate between the church I was raised in and the church Stewart was raised in. His mother can't STAND that I'm going to both--she insists that I'm going to "damage" my child because I'm exposing him to two different denominations. At this point, I have no preference where he goes, as long as he's being exposed to the Christian faith.

Anyway. Since I've been back in church I feel so much better with my life. I feel more at peace with myself. I feel...........I don't know, confused. I spent several years wrestling with my faith, feeling as though there may not even be a God to worship. Is this hypocritical of me? I really don't know how to communicate the way I'm feeling/thinking, so If this is confusing you, don't feel bad--I'M confused!!!

I just want to do the best I can for my child, and I believe in my heart that a spiritual health is right up there with mental, physical and emotional.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:42 PM   #40  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Hello, Everyone! We had a really nice 4th holiday! The people looked at our house and the realtor says they like it, but are looking at a couple more before they try to make a decision-been there, done that! Really, really praying that they are going to make an offer, but if not, we'll list it officially and pray for quick action! Really want to get the kids out of this town, asap.

lovnmom-just had to laugh after reading your 2 posts! I feel like I can never keep up with what everyone else is posting. I'm always several days behind, but I keep everyone in my prayers constantly.

Elizabeth- Welcome!

mcmommy-I envy all your activities. Ours are done for the summer, but I do agree that this summer is going waaaaay too fast! Enjoy what's left of it, because it'll be winter soon enough.

Shy- I know what you mean about routines and schedules. Ours went out the door about 1996, I think!

Counting-don't worry about singing on key. Our church is full of people who can't sing, my DH included! The rest of the people around us just sing all the louder and we all make a joyful 'noise'

EZ-what kind of dog do you have? Ours is part black lab and part border collie and I just had to peel her off the window because the UPS guy went to the house across the street! She's very territorial, too, and also likes to keep us 'herded' in one general area-has a fit if one of us is outside while everyone else is in. While DS2 was gone to Salt Lake, she checked his room constantly trying to figure out where he had gone. Glad you had a nice time with your daughter. Hard for me to imagine the time when I don't have at least one of my boys here all the time, although there are days when I think it can't come soon enough

4myself-I know how confused you feel. Believe me, we have probably all been at a similar place in life at one time or another. It's good that you feel more at peace, because I really think that's God settling your heart so you can hear what He wants you to hear. The church doesn't matter, so long as you are getting 'fed' and learning what God's will is for your life. It's harder to hear Him when we are in turmoil, because we focus on ourselves and forget the One who wants us to have peace in our lives. Going to church and worshiping with others, reading the Bible, and taking time to pray for His will will help you know what you need in your life and how to handle the conflicts. I'll be praying for you. God bless!

Well, hope everyone has a great day and weekend-we're actually going to visit the mil this weekend in Minnesota, so we can get some peas fresh from the field. Not really a pleasure trip, as we have to deal with, you know, the mil, but I know the peas will be fantastic! Blessings to you all!
Old 07-09-2008, 04:06 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello Everyone! It has been awhile since I've posted but we did make it home safe and sound! Last week some people made an offer on our house but it was too low and we countered them. then they countered with something that we still couldn't work with so we rejected it. Haven't heard anything since then. It would have been nice to get it sold while we were in MO. and looking at homes back there. We have found several that we like but need to get this one taken care of first!

I did pretty good on our trip.... only gained 3 pounds in the month we were gone. I didn't fiugre that was too bad and hoping to get that off right away. I have already signed up for the new 3FC 5K and will try to get a lot of them done before then! That should help a lot. Plus I really do enjoy doing them!

Welcome to all of you that I haven't seen before. . This is a great group!

I have posted a pic here of Tim & I at the family reunion. We really did have a good time and there were about 75 to 100 people there. Pretty nice turn out.

Well, need to get going... going to try to get to town and get groceries before the rain hits again this afternoon. Take care everyone!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1927.jpg (38.5 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by Karen31; 07-09-2008 at 09:03 PM.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:11 PM   #42  
tryin again

I'm trying to figure out how to get one of those tickers up on my thread....

Ronni62, I thought too, that the time would never get here when the kids were gone (not that I wanted them gone), but then that time comes and nobody really tells you that you are going to grieve, (you do get over it though, but it comes and goes). We had ours close together and two summers ago, two of the boys were here, home from college and one of their friends were living with us, all three left within two weeks...wow that was a quiet time.

Monday I hung out five lines of laundry, I was trying to repair my computer problem when it started to rain, when I realized that everything was getting soaked, I decided to let all the clothes out there. The next morning I went out and looked, the clothes were so heavy and the ground so soft that it pulled my clothesline poll inward and all the lines were laying on the ground. I just stood there and looked and realized that it wasn't an earthquake, tsunami, or cyclone, only clothes on the ground that could be washed again. I do thank God for this realization of how the thoughts in our mind can control our outlook on life.
May the peace that passes understanding, keep your hearts and minds in Jesus Christ!
Old 07-09-2008, 05:12 PM   #43  
tryin again

Karen31 what a pretty lawn!
Old 07-09-2008, 05:19 PM   #44  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

lovn
I can't imagine a more important job than being " just a mom " if we had more " just mom's " our kids wouldn't be the mess they are today.

ronnie
Everyone laughs because they now what day I make chicken and what day I scrub floors lol.

elizabeth
That is the most important thing people can learn. Things are not the end of the world. Take a deep breath and move on.

karen
Glad you got home safe and sound.

myself
I love church. I find a peace there I can't find anywhere else.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:36 PM   #45  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Shy - time to move that ticker, girl! Glad to see you are doing GREAT!

Gary - so wonderful that you walked with your daughter. You are a good DAD

lovnmom - happy birthday to your son! Hope the game went well.

4myself - glad you posted! Everyone goes through periods of doubt and searching. It is part of the journey. Keep seeking, keep praying and let us know how we can help! You are in my prayers

Ronni - I'm keeping your housing situation in my prayers as well. Keep us posted, if you get an offer!
Karen - glad you got an offer on the house - that is encouraging, even if it wasn't high enough. Glad you had a good trip - and "almost" maintaining your weight is awesome. Well done!

Elizabeth - tickers and signatures come when you have been a member for 20 days (which you have - lol) AND have 20 posts. So, keep posting here, and you could have your ticker soon

Putting things in perspective sometimes is hard, isn't it. Problems close in and become our sole focus. We become myopic and don't look at the grand scheme. How wonderful that you realized that the clothesline problem was a small one in the big picture.

Hope everyone has a blessed day! Prayers continuing for all!!!
Closed Thread