Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 08:35 PM   #316  

S/C/G: 315/293/275

Height: 5'3"

Aka- Glad to see you! Yeah the holidays bogged me down too. I'm plodding along at only 4.5 mph pace. That's below even my 5K pace. I can't wait for Spring so I can run outside again.

Amaranth- The hardest thing for me at the beginning was to get up to run. Once I got up it wasn't bad. Just keep getting up and before you know it you'll be half way through the program and kicking butt.

Isabella- I compare myself to a Clydesdale tromping along. But when I think about what my performance was like when I started and what I can do now there is a world of difference. You may be slow, but I bet you're tons faster, and feel much better, than you did 4 weeks ago. Keep at it. You're right in that mid program difficult area. But it does get easier again.
Old 01-21-2012, 05:05 PM   #317  
DanceDanceRevolution<3

S/C/G: 188/164/155

Height: 5'4"

I really want to start C25K, but I currently have nowhere to run and I don't have a treadmill. :/ I might be moving to a subdivision soon (cross your fingers), so if that works out I will have a place to run. As of now, I'm saving up money for a treadmill. Can you do C25K on a treadmill?

I've always hated running, but I want to give it another shot.
Old 01-21-2012, 05:25 PM   #318  
To the Future

S/C/G: 230/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Cassieleighgotto-You can absolutely do C25K on a treadmill. The only thing I would tell you is that if you decide to sign up for a 5K after you're done with training, most of these races are on roads, pavement, gravel, cement, etc. It will be an adjustment going from treadmill to outdoor running.

This is not meant to discourage you! It's so exciting that you want to take on this program! It's so fun and really builds your confidence from week to week. I'm going the program for a second time with a friend so he can get fit!

Good on you. Keep coming back and updating!
Old 01-21-2012, 08:06 PM   #319  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 151/142/130

Height: 5ft 9

I started this again today . Did the very first run and wow.. aren't I unfit! It's really scary.. I hope I get fitter soon!

Oh and I downloaded the podcast onto my MP3 from here (for free) if anyone else wants it: http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/c25k/Page...uch-to-5k.aspx
Old 01-22-2012, 10:55 AM   #320  
DanceDanceRevolution<3

S/C/G: 188/164/155

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka8941 View Post
Cassieleighgotto-You can absolutely do C25K on a treadmill. The only thing I would tell you is that if you decide to sign up for a 5K after you're done with training, most of these races are on roads, pavement, gravel, cement, etc. It will be an adjustment going from treadmill to outdoor running.

This is not meant to discourage you! It's so exciting that you want to take on this program! It's so fun and really builds your confidence from week to week. I'm going the program for a second time with a friend so he can get fit!

Good on you. Keep coming back and updating!
Thank you! I'm not planning on signing up for a 5k, but we'll see how it goes. I just want to do it to get more in shape and hopefully lose some weight. I will probably start off on a treadmill. My friend might be giving me one for free! I can't wait until I get it so I can start.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:18 PM   #321  
Is walking to Mt. Doom

S/C/G: 195/ticker/135

Height: 5 ft 7

How have I only just discovered C25K? :O

Just downloaded all the podcasts and am starting week1 day 1 tomorrow ^_^ Planning to run on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. This is just thie kickstart I needed to get back into running. I used to jog up and down the promanade by my house four years ago and managed to lose 20lbs in 6 weeks (which subsequently has crept back on and then some.)

I'm doing this for the fitness and the toning rather than the weightloss this time though.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:45 PM   #322  

S/C/G: 230/Ticker!/135

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsquirrel View Post
How have I only just discovered C25K? :O

Just downloaded all the podcasts and am starting week1 day 1 tomorrow ^_^ Planning to run on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. This is just thie kickstart I needed to get back into running. I used to jog up and down the promanade by my house four years ago and managed to lose 20lbs in 6 weeks (which subsequently has crept back on and then some.)

I'm doing this for the fitness and the toning rather than the weightloss this time though.
What are the podcasts? Where did you download them?
Old 01-22-2012, 09:44 PM   #323  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 151/142/130

Height: 5ft 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWhite0513 View Post
I don't know if these are the same ones lilsquirrel are using but I downloaded them off the NHS's site:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintedButterfly View Post
I started this again today . Did the very first run and wow.. aren't I unfit! It's really scary.. I hope I get fitter soon!

Oh and I downloaded the podcast onto my MP3 from here (for free) if anyone else wants it: http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/c25k/Page...uch-to-5k.aspx
Old 01-23-2012, 12:13 PM   #324  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I just wanted to give an update to everyone-I finished the Couch to 5K program a few weeks back, and I am running 3 miles, 3 days a week, consistently, to keep it up. My body fat perentage has also dropped 2% and I have lost a couple of more pounds since starting the full 3 mile runs.
Old 01-23-2012, 12:22 PM   #325  
Is walking to Mt. Doom

S/C/G: 195/ticker/135

Height: 5 ft 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWhite0513 View Post
I got my podcasts from Coach Carli as they're just zip files. I would've downloaded the NHS podcasts, but you have to have itunes - which I do not lol.

Just finished Week 1 Day 1 and my god how unfit have I gotten? On the plus side, i finished it and managed to jog every time she told me to run at a fairly reasonable pace without dying Hardest step is the first one - day 2 and 3 should be easier

Good luck!
Old 01-23-2012, 12:52 PM   #326  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

lilsquirrel: Awesome work and it sounds like you have a great plan! I just completed the program. It is very satisfying to be able to run the 3 miles! Keep up the great work!
Old 01-23-2012, 12:53 PM   #327  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

I recently restarted and thought I had to fall back to week 2, but I did week 5d1 today and it was a piece of cake! I really can't wait to be in good enough shape to run 3 miles. I just love running.

I LOVE the c25k app for my Android. I can listen to my own music and it just gives me the cues when needed.

Last edited by philana; 01-23-2012 at 12:53 PM.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:08 AM   #328  

S/C/G: 315/293/275

aphil- Congrats on fishing C25K!

Nice to see lots of new faces. Good luck with the program!

Aka- Did you decide to do the C25K again instead of the E210K? I'm currently on week 6. Not getting any faster, but definitely getting up there in distance again.
Old 01-27-2012, 03:22 AM   #329  

S/C/G: 265/(ticker)/155

Hi All! I'm so happy I found this thread! I'm very obese but started C25K about 2 weeks ago and I'm just about to finish up Week 1 tomorrow. It took me 4 tries to make it through Week 1 Day 1. I was able to jog 60 seconds but during the 2nd half of the workout, would need longer walk breaks to recover. Well, Sunday and Wednesday of this week I was able to complete the Week 1 program correctly. After I run tomorrow, I will start Week 2 on Sunday.

I am TERRIFIED of having to run 90 seconds, but just like Week 1, I will work at it until I can do it. For me, it's just as much about the journey of getting in shape then it is about the 5K.
Old 01-29-2012, 08:38 PM   #330  

S/C/G: 265/(ticker)/155

Well I made it through W2D1 successfully! I'm still very slow, but I made it!

Now I have W3 to look forward to with a 3 minute jog... how I am EVER going to make it to 3 minutes???
Closed Thread