Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-18-2008, 03:04 PM   #91  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Bernerdoc - wow 25 minutes! Great job

mayness _ I can't believe you could run with a headache. I am such a baby, I probably wouldn't have LOL

karmuz - it is surprising how quickly it becomes easier to do, isn't it?

dubh - how cool to see the shooting star! That's what you are getting through the run!

heffalump - great job!

Shades - you might have a bouncy gait. Have you had anyone watch you to see if you bounce a lot? That can be really hard on the knees.

Beth - 25 minutes! You ladies really inspire me that I *can* do this!

Today I started W3D1, I was worried about the 3 minute jog - but they were no problem at all. I wasn't even winded. My thighs were what felt it the most. I hope it gets easier on them with time.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:13 PM   #92  

Height: 5'3"

Thanks, Fiberlover...it was actually today that I did the 25 minutes.

I feel like...WHOOHOO!!!

I accidentally hit the emergency stop on the treadmill at about the 20 minute mark so I ran to the end of my last song to 'make up' for that 15 or so seconds - total of 26:36 minutes. I decided to do the whole thing at a fairly slow pace (5.0mph/12 minute mile) instead of my 6.0mph/10 minute mile that I've done for most of the shorter segments. I'm glad I did it that way since I'd done a rough day of HIIT yesterday and didn't want to die ;-)

Anyway...I'm rambling. WTG Everyone, especially my fellow (now) W7-ers
BernerDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 03:18 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 165/159/125

Height: 5'6

I did W5D1 today. For some reason I thought that the longest runs were 8 minutes, so I got myself all prepared for that. I looked at the plan again before I went to the gym, and to my surprise, they were only 5 minute intervals. I think because of that the run felt much easier.

I have a funny story though. When I got to the gym and started on the treadmill, I looked down and realized I had 2 different gym shoes on! I felt pretty silly, but I figured no one would notice or care. I didn't feel a difference in the heights of the shoes, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to run once with them.
ShadesofGray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 03:24 PM   #94  
back to balance

Height: 5'7"

And week 6 is DONE! Did W6D3 today, and although I must have looked like Myrtle the turtle next to all of the *real" runners on the track, I finished my first 25 minute run ever.

Pacing myself was actually the hardest part, but it did pay off - no stitches, no gasping, hardly any ankle or knee pain. Très nice!

So, on to week 7, huh? Wow.
Heffalump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 08:30 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

W5D1 today. It wasn't too bad... I guess because I already did 5 minute runs last week, and technically it's a little less running and more walking than W4. So, as much as those 8 minute runs scare me, I'm moving on next time!
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 08:47 AM   #96  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Shades - 2 different shoes LOL! That sounds like something I would do

heffalump - congrats on finishing week 6!!

Mayness - I kind of feel like this with week 3. Only 4 runs instead of 6, even though 2 are longer.

Today I do W3D2.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 11:28 AM   #97  

I ran 20 minutes today!!!!!! I wasn't too bad, the time flew by until I stopped the tredmill with 5 minutes left, then I got out of my groove- lol. Can't wait to start the next week wednesday!
caitbeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:22 PM   #98  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

I finished W7D1 - my second 25 minute run! I ran a little bit faster than I did the previous time.
I can't wait for my 5K!

Beth
bethbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 03:31 PM   #99  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Hi all! Humpdty dumpdty dumped a winter storm on us this weekend, so I didn't get out for W5D3 - I'm looking forward to and am scared of that big 20 at the same time. I'll try to do it tonight! Yay caitbeans! I am so inspired! Shades and Mayness - I'm glad y'all are truckin along with me! We can do this week 5!!!!

Update - well, I did it! 20 minutes and I survived!!! WOOt!

WTG everyone!

Last edited by Amarie2pt0; 04-21-2008 at 11:29 PM.
Amarie2pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:47 AM   #100  

S/C/G: 165/159/125

Height: 5'6

I did W5D2 today... that means the big 20 minute run is coming up next! I'm pretty nervous for it, but I think I can do it. The 8 minute runs weren't too bad today; hard but definitely do-able. I find that putting a towel over the time on the treadmill helps the time go by faster because you can't watch each second go by.

And I managed to get 2 of the same shoes on today!
ShadesofGray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 03:26 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 264/264/140

Sorry for being really thick here but I don't understand what your all following/talking about when you refer to letters and things.
Someone mentioned this thread or maybe a different one where you aiming to run a certain amount in a certain period of time and I'm looking to do something like that to have something to aim for etc but I don't really follow what your all saying in this thread...like what does W5D1 mean?

Could someone possibly point me in the right direction?
thankyou
lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 03:37 PM   #102  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupin View Post
Sorry for being really thick here but I don't understand what your all following/talking about when you refer to letters and things.
Someone mentioned this thread or maybe a different one where you aiming to run a certain amount in a certain period of time and I'm looking to do something like that to have something to aim for etc but I don't really follow what your all saying in this thread...like what does W5D1 mean?

Could someone possibly point me in the right direction?
thankyou
Hi Lupin & welcome to the C25K thread! :-)

The C25K or "Couch to 5K" outline can be found here: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Posters are referring to where they are in the program - it's broken into 9 weeks with 3 days of running per week so...W5D1 would be Week 5, Day 1.

Hopefully that helps explain some things for you. This is a great group of new runners, please feel free to ask any questions.

Now I'm off for W7D1!
Old 04-22-2008, 03:42 PM   #103  

Ahhh thanks for replying and explaining it.
Right I shall be starting at 9:00 when I can flick on tv between 'The time diets forgot' and 'Katie and peter the next chapter'.
Old 04-22-2008, 04:44 PM   #104  

Yay just completed W1D1 and wasn't as bad as I expected thankfully.
But this is only because I got a treadmill a couple of weeks ago and started off on not being able to even jog for 30 seconds without nearly dying and been jogging a bit more each time.
I like now how its I only go on it 3 times a week and know before I start exactly what I'm doing and for how long etc.
Just got to find other activities to do now on the other days

hmmm wander if I'm still saying this in 2 weeks time.
aaaand I didn't eat 2 butterfly cakes that I spent all day yesterday searching for , because mum hid them from me before
I'm ready for it, bring it on (i so won't be saying that by next week).

Last edited by lupin; 04-22-2008 at 05:02 PM.
Old 04-22-2008, 06:24 PM   #105  

W7D1 completed today. Yay! I was really unmotivated and feeling really sluggish today but I did make it through. I only jogged at either a 11:30 or 12 minute mile pace but I figure the speed will come in time.