Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-29-2008, 04:00 PM   #136  
back to balance

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foodie08 View Post
I was a little annoyed yesterday by people just randomly STANDING in the middle of the track. At one point, I had to run through them. Oh, and the hurdle people never put the hurdles away. That's so annoying. So, I have to keep switching lanes.
Ha! We must be running on the same track, Foodie! I also feel you on the speed - the program apparently wants us to run a steady 6mph (to complete the 5k in 30 minutes, if my math does not fail me), and that ain't gonna happen for me any time soon, methinks. Bah, who cares - I'd never thought I could run for 25 minutes straight, so who am I to complain?

And now I have to get my lazy behind out the door and take a stab at W8D1 - I'm less than enthusiastic because it's cold and rainy outside, but that's what my gym membership is for, right? And I also hope that my snazzy homemade "podcast" will give me a little boost... see ya all later, hopefully!
Heffalump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 05:32 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 230/226/180

Height: 5'7

I need to learn how to do a podcast! Because homedude's music is killing me now. I'm using my regular Ipod tomorrow for my 20 minute run. Weeks 8 & 9, I want to have my own podcast.
Foodie08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 06:33 PM   #138  
back to balance

I'm baaaack!

Just killed 28 minutes before they had a chance to kill me... not that they weren't trying, mind you!

Foodie, I also have no idea how to make a real podcast, I just "unshuffled" my iPod shuffle and put my specially timed playlist up front. I have a five minute song for warm-up (Hells Bells anyone?) and cool-down, with 28 minutes of fabulous music in between. I treated myself to some new tunes to keep it more interesting, and because I'm a *huge flaming nerdgirl* I put in short sound bites from the X-Files as time markers... yah. It just makes me smile to have Mulder say "Get those little legs moving" to start me off and Scully (about halfway though) "If I quit now - THEY win!"
Old 04-29-2008, 09:42 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 151/152/128

Height: 5'6

Heffalump - your picture and screen name are adorable! And congrats on 28 minutes straight. I know c25k promises me I will be there in a matter of weeks, but it's still a struggle for me to run five minute intervals. The thought of running for 28 straight is intimidating, and it's good to know others are out there doing it.
makeyourownplans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 09:46 PM   #140  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

I did it! 25 minutes!!! And my legs actually loosened up on the second half! I feel like a real runner all of a sudden. A slow one, but a runner nonetheless.
Amarie2pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 10:48 PM   #141  
back to balance

@makeyourownplans: ooh, thanks... ...and hey, you're right to be encouraged! I realize I'm gonna sound like a commercial right now, but it really is amazing how fast these 60-90 seconds turn into almost half an hour of running, even if you repeat weeks, as I and quite a few others have done. Before starting this, I've never ever run for more than, oh, let's say 5 minutes in a row in my life!

@Me_Amarie: Woohoo! Isn't that an awesome feeling? I'm noticing that, too - it actually gets *easier* after the first ten or so minutes now. How cool is that?
Old 04-30-2008, 11:06 AM   #142  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heffalump View Post
I'm baaaack!

Just killed 28 minutes before they had a chance to kill me... not that they weren't trying, mind you!

Foodie, I also have no idea how to make a real podcast, I just "unshuffled" my iPod shuffle and put my specially timed playlist up front. I have a five minute song for warm-up (Hells Bells anyone?) and cool-down, with 28 minutes of fabulous music in between. I treated myself to some new tunes to keep it more interesting, and because I'm a *huge flaming nerdgirl* I put in short sound bites from the X-Files as time markers... yah. It just makes me smile to have Mulder say "Get those little legs moving" to start me off and Scully (about halfway though) "If I quit now - THEY win!"

Where can I find those X-Files quotes! Those sound perfect. I think I'll work on my music today and finish Week 5 tomorrow.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:28 AM   #143  
back to balance

@Foodie: I didn't have a specific source, just googled "X-Files wavs" and found a bunch of sites.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:29 PM   #144  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Heffalump - Yes, it is so cool that it gets easier! Maybe thats the "runner's high"?

I'm another person who before C25K never really ran more than 5 minutes at a time. In fact, I remember quite clearly the last time I was "fit" running and walking on a treadmill in 5 min intervals, and thinking that was amazing! Seems to me that I let that 5 min mark become a big mental barrier. The thing I've realized about C25K is that it not only trains the body to run, but the mind as well. I have near-panicked a couple times when I came across a big change in the run times, but it works. Each time I make it through. The program really does break down the mental blocks to running! Woohoo!
Amarie2pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 08:56 PM   #145  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heffalump View Post
@Foodie: I didn't have a specific source, just googled "X-Files wavs" and found a bunch of sites.
LOL Heffalump. I love it. BUT, the big question is...is Bree Sharpe's "David Duchovny" on your playlist? That song cracks me up but sadly cannot find the disc it's on! I know it must be somewhere in my house.

I did W8D1 tonight...it wasn't horrible. The hardest part was that my mind kept wandering but not in a good 'just listen to the music and run' way...it was weird. W8D2 on Friday. I cannot believe I'm almost done with this program. Even though I'm not running at a 10 min/mi pace yet, it's still amazing to me that I *am* running ~2.6 miles in 28 minutes.

Happy running, everyone
BernerDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 12:51 AM   #146  

I finished my 20 minute run! Woo hoo! I didn't think I could do it. But, I was more than prepared. I had a little side pain halfway through my run, but I kept running. I knew that stopping would not stop the pain.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:15 AM   #147  

S/C/G: 165/159/125

Height: 5'6

Great job Foodie!!

I did W6D2 today - 10 min run, 3 walk, 10 run. It wasn't bad, but pretty hard since I pushed up the speed more today. I did the first run on 5.8 mph, and the second one at 6.0 mph. I really want to get my speed up to 6.0 mph for the final run so that I can be at the right pace. (I know the writer said that it doesn't matter what speed you run, this is just a personal goal of mine.)
ShadesofGray is offline   Reply With Quote