Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-03-2008, 10:58 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

W3D1 today. It was sort of depressing realizing that 3 mins of running is really my limit. I used to be able to run 30 minutes! But I had to push myself VERY hard during that last run just to finish. But then I walked for 20 mins because it was so nice outside, and thought about the fact that I'm making progress and getting closer to my goals every run, and I felt much better.
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 05:27 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Morning all, I did week7 day 2 yesterday, it was holy crap hard. I ran for 28 minutes in a row (supposed to be 25 but I got distracted at the end) I did it!!!

I wanted to quit (or walk) SO BAD from about 10-20 minutes but I just kept it up and I made it. I think I can do this!!

Mayness, you are doing great, it's all about the progression. We are just about the same size and I felt the same way. I had run before, I was never very fast but could do a 5k, then I fell on the ice last winter and then had to have surgery in September so was out of commission for just about a year. I could not believe how hard it was to restart 7 weeks ago. Every week I feel like I'm not sure I can do this week's program then I run along going "I think I can, I think I can, like that story about the little engine! And somehow, you can!

Fiberlover, foodie, Shades & Dea, lets us know how it goes!!

I keep thinking about an IPOD, maybe for my birthday in June. I will be 42.

Meamarie, CaitB, BernerD, and Heffa, great job to keep at it, we are all doing so good, I love the support of everyone trying together.

Thanks Me_Amarie for coming up with this thread!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 11:03 AM   #18  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Morning!

I did W3D3 this am before work. OK, so it was a bit harder today, but I did it! I ran on a trail today instead of sidewalk, and wouldn't you know, my second 90 second run was uphill! Oof, I thought I would die! I realized at the end of the second 3 min run, that while I was happy to stop there, I COULD have gone farther. So I think that means I'm ready for W4 next time!

Good job everyone! We can do it!

mothermavis - awww... Thanks. But I can't take any credit. This thread would be nothin' without all you awesome chickies filling it with your experiences and inspiration!

I'm so glad we are all doing this together! I know I would have given up without all y'all's support along the way.
Amarie2pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 02:46 PM   #19  
Dea
TBL Blue team member

thanks Foodie08 and mayness....I am going to give it a try tonight so that it is ready to go for tomorrow morning!
Dea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 04:11 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 230/226/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothermavis View Post
Morning all, I did week7 day 2 yesterday, it was holy crap hard. I ran for 28 minutes in a row (supposed to be 25 but I got distracted at the end) I did it!!!

I wanted to quit (or walk) SO BAD from about 10-20 minutes but I just kept it up and I made it. I think I can do this!!

Mayness, you are doing great, it's all about the progression. We are just about the same size and I felt the same way. I had run before, I was never very fast but could do a 5k, then I fell on the ice last winter and then had to have surgery in September so was out of commission for just about a year. I could not believe how hard it was to restart 7 weeks ago. Every week I feel like I'm not sure I can do this week's program then I run along going "I think I can, I think I can, like that story about the little engine! And somehow, you can!

Fiberlover, foodie, Shades & Dea, lets us know how it goes!!

I keep thinking about an IPOD, maybe for my birthday in June. I will be 42.

Meamarie, CaitB, BernerD, and Heffa, great job to keep at it, we are all doing so good, I love the support of everyone trying together.

Thanks Me_Amarie for coming up with this thread!

Good job! I already have a nano, but I bought a shuffle specifically for running. It's perfect. I forget it's there.

Trying to motivate myself to complete W3D2 today.
Foodie08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 10:31 AM   #21  

Foodie, didya do it? If not, let's do it today. I am presently mustering up the energy to go finish week 7! I can't wait til I can post that I made it to week 8!

I just bought a book "The Non runners marathon guide for Women" It's very funny. I think I am going to keep going with the training after the C25K is complete and work toward a Half Marathon that is held about an hour from me in September.
Old 04-05-2008, 02:30 PM   #22  

I am finished with week 3, I added another 90 second run to yesterdays, and I felt OK- I think I am ready for week 4, the plan is to get up early and get 'er done tomorrow!
caitbeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 06:16 PM   #23  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

WOOt Caitbeans - we can run W4D1 together tomorrow (well, not literally, but you get the idea...). I am excited!

Mavis, Foodie - how'd it go?
Amarie2pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 07:09 PM   #24  

Height: 5'3"

Awesome posts from everyone - congrats on your progress thus far in April!

I *almost* wimped out and took the day off today...but I thought better of it and did W5D1 today. I thought I'd give it a shot, even with my oh-so-wonderful cold and made it through! I did have to drop from my 6.0mph to 5.7mph but I'm hoping that once the snot is gone I can get back up to speed.

W5D2 Monday!
BernerDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 09:11 PM   #25  
back to balance

Height: 5'7"

W4D6 this morning on the track - oh dear, I'm definitely not used to running on an empty stomach anymore... But! I made it through OK, and I think I'm ready to start week 5 on Monday.

@BernerDoc, I see you started W5 today - sounds encouraging... somewhat...

@Me_Amarie & caitbeans: good luck with week 4 - it's actually kind of started to grow on me, weird podcast music and all!

@mothermavis: what an awesome goal - at the moment I feel so comfortable in doing these intervals that I never even considered yet to think past the end of the program...

@Foodie: I love my shuffle, too - so much better than lugging ye olde iPod Mini around (yeah, I still have one of those prehistoric contraptions...)

@mayness - don't worry about "only" running three minutes right now - progress comes so fast with this program, and I say this even though I've just repeated a week. Two weeks ago, three minutes was super hard for me, and now it's "the easy interval" - and even the five minutes that killed me a week ago are very manageable. You'll be back up to your 30 min. in no time at all!
Heffalump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 10:37 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

W3D2 today, and it was definitely easier than last time!

Thank you Heffalump and mothermavis for the support... I think part of my bad mood was hormonal and you're both right, I'm already progressing much faster than I expected.

Great job this week, everyone! Dea, have you tried running with the podcast yet?
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 07:02 AM   #27  

I finished Week 7. Note to self, do not eat egg salad b4 running.
Usually, I run after work of mid morning and breakfast is pretty much always yogurt, yesterday ran after lunch. Yuck. But I did it. Week 8, here I come
Old 04-06-2008, 07:56 AM   #28  
Dea
TBL Blue team member

morning ladies.

Just fininshed my TBL cardio workout..weeks 2-3, which is a 30 minute workout. Everyone is getting ready for church, but I am staying home with my 7 year old because he has a fever...not sure why.
Anyway, my plan is to do Week1 Workout2 later this afternoon. I haven't had a chance to download the podcast yet, but that's part of my morning plan too. Thanks again for the instructions.
A funny thing happened while I was running last on Wednesday. I did my first run just before I had to pick my kids up from school...and while I was out, a couple of parents saw me walking, checking my watch, running and then walking again. Two of them, who were driving, turned around and offered me a ride, thinking that I was trying to get to school before the bell. It felt good to tell them that I was exercising, and that I would see them at the school yard!
Have a good day ladies...being a 'newbie' to this program, you are all a real inspiration to me!
Dea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 12:52 PM   #29  

I just did week 4, I can't believe I survived!! I feel SO great, it really wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, I can't believe I ran for 5 minutes STRAIGHT and 16 minutes total, I almost cried!
caitbeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 06:23 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 165/159/125

Height: 5'6

I did W3D2 today. It was so pretty that I decided to run outside (I usually use the treadmill). I feel like my run was so much more enjoyable with all the scenery and people. I'll probably do more of my runs outside now if weather permits. The running wasn't too bad, I think I'll be ready to move on to week 4 next (I thought I may have to repeat week 3).

-Cait - Great job on week 4! Good luck with week 5 too; you can do it!

-Dea - That's a funny story with the other parents offering you rides!

-Mothermavis - Congrats on week 7! I hope that I can get as far as you!
ShadesofGray is offline   Reply With Quote