Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-14-2008, 09:32 PM   #76  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Height: 5'7"

I so didn't want to go out tonight but made my lazy butt get up and do D2W1 and now I feel so much better for doing it! Oh yeah remembered to stretch this time after also so I can get out of bed without pain in the morning. I will say it was much easier this time even though I'd already had a long day and was dog tired.
So a question for you treadmill girls - do you not find it difficut/annoying to change the speed every little bit (I guess moreso in the beginning then later on)? I'm preferring to just go outside with the dogs but I know it's going to rain eventually on one of my scheduled days.

~Heather
Fat Chick B Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 12:58 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 230/226/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heffalump View Post
I did it! I did it! W5D3! I ran for 20 minutes straight!

I'm so absurdly happy about this... (Can you tell?)

And I'm sure I wouldn't even have attempted it today without the motivation I get here - so thank you, dear ladies, and welcome, new runners!

Congratulations!!! That's fantastic!

I finished Week 4 yesterday. I ran at the park. I forgot to charge my shuffle and used my nano instead. It was very distracting to track my time. But, I will switch to the nano for my 20-30 minute runs. I like my music better.

W5 is intimidating. However, before I did it, so was W4. So was W3. My breathing is getting better. My speed has picked up a LITTLE bit. Gooooooo week 5! Wooo hoo!!

Last edited by Foodie08; 04-15-2008 at 06:01 PM.
Foodie08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 01:20 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 185/140/120

Height: 5ft 4"

Friday night I did my 20 min run! I couldn’t believe it. I wrote on another thread to say that only 3 week ago I thought my body was incapable of running 3 minutes without my heart exploding. And on Friday I proved to myself that I can do 20 mins and it really isn’t that hard! Other people can’t believe it either so they have joined in the program aswell. They are still very skeptical that it is possible is such a short time...just like me when I started!
dubh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 05:01 PM   #79  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

Hi fellow c25k'ers! I thought I would drop in to say hello.
I am in week 6 of the program and loving it. I have never been a runner, but I am doing it! I didn't know if I was going to be able to complete the 20 minute run, but I did it! This week I have to do a 25 min run, and I'm a little intimidated, but I CAN do it! I can't wait to run a 5K without stopping!
Keep up the great work everyone! We can do this!
Beth
bethbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 06:55 PM   #80  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Foodie - week 4, that is great!

dubh - that's what I needed to hear, that 20 minutes is possible! It seems like an eternity to me looming in the distance LOL.

bethbeth - congrats on the great job!
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 12:19 PM   #81  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubh View Post
only 3 week ago I thought my body was incapable of running 3 minutes without my heart exploding.
Boy do I hear you there! I was thinking that this morning as I was doing W5D2. I guess my next run is 20 min - whoa! It seems like just yesterday I was freaking out about 90 second runs!

Today was pretty good, actually. My legs were a little stiff which is unusual, but I was able to relax them during the runs. Still no shin pain, thank goodness! I like these morning runs now that its getting light earlier, and I really like my route which keeps me out of traffic on busy mornings. I also realized today marked my half-way point on C25K, which is really exciting!

Keep up the good work everyone!
Amarie2pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 02:32 PM   #82  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Hi everyone!
Did W2D3 today. My legs felt like dead weights, not sure why. No problem with the runs, though. I think I am ready for week 3.

I still have a hard time believing I can actually do this. It's really not any worse than doing the hard core hour long cardio workouts that I can do - I just can't get past the mental block.

Last edited by fiberlover; 04-16-2008 at 02:32 PM.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 03:51 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 165/159/125

Height: 5'6

I did W4D2 today. Walk on 3.5 mph, run on 5.5 mph (except the last 5 minute run, I did on 6.0 mph and I felt considerably more out of breath). I'd like to do W4D3 on 6.0 mph for all of the running, but we'll see how I feel.

Fiberlover - I agree with you on the mental block. I've never thought of myself as a runner, so when I run for longer periods of time, I feel like I need to stop and rest. When I look at my heartrate while running though, its about the same as when I do cardio on the elliptical. We can do it!
ShadesofGray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 07:56 PM   #84  

Height: 5'3"

W6D2 today...the second run interval was rough but I managed to finish it. Wow.

25 minutes on Friday!

Great job to all the running chicks out there!
BernerDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:24 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

W4D3! It was tough, and I felt slooooow. I was supposed to do it yesterday, but I had a headache so bad I could barely stand, let alone run! Next time I'll definitely move on to W5D1, because it doesn't look that much worse than week 4, heh.
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 01:51 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'4"

I am back on the wagon! After a poor start a month ago (i managed W1D1 and that was it.. too many excuses and bad weather ) I finished W1d2 today.. and it was EASY (though i know after this week i won't be saying that) tuesday, when I re-ran w1d1 i thought I was going to DIE.. only made it 45 seconds a lot of the 60 second runs... after I did it i rethought what I was doing and realized I was doing it all wrong, and that's why I quit - I was walking briskly for the walks (this is all outside) and then running like a bat out of you know where for my runs!
today I took my time, ran like a normal person for the runs - lol - made it through without stopping or quitting.. and i'm looking forward to doing it again!
I've NEVER been a runner, but i always ran before my WG, in the form of some kind of team sport, etc... and I know that that exercise was so good for me.. why on earth did i ever stop?!
I feel GREAT right now!
karmuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 06:13 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 185/140/120

Height: 5ft 4"

BernerDoc - I have my 25 minute run on Friday also - argh that's tomorrow! I am sure it will be fine. If I can do 20 mins I must be able to do 25. Last night I did 10mins running 3mins walking and then 10 mins running. Towards the end I looked at my watch and realised I had finished and then I look up and saw a shooting star. Made it all worth it! Maybe my pre wish of 'I wish this 10 minutes was over' was granted.

My boyfriend has been telling people that I can run 20mins straight and people are really impressed and everyone claims that they couldn't possibly do that. I feel like a sales person for c25k. Is there a scheme where I can get a commision for each person I get to take it up
dubh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:01 PM   #88  
back to balance

Height: 5'7"

Whew, today was W6D2 for me, so I'm in for the the 25 min run as well...

Saturday or Sunday...

I liked how the beginning of this week eased up a little, after that 20 min. whopper (thanks for sharing my excitement, btw! ) it seemed so very doable, and indeed it was. And like you said dubh, if we made it through 20 minutes we can do 25, too... hopefully
Heffalump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 11:00 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 165/159/125

Height: 5'6

I did W4D3 this morning outside because it was so pretty. I ran on a bike path that runs right along the river - it's beautiful! I think I ran kinda slow, but that's ok. I'm getting really scared about that 20 minute run!!

Just a quick question about little aches and pains while running - the inside of my knees sometimes hurt, usually most when I'm impacting on the ground. I try to run on the grass when I can, though. Also, the inside of my hips hurt sometimes too. I should note that I have loose (hypermobile) joints, and this might have something to do with it.
ShadesofGray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 11:25 AM   #90  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

Hey ladies~
I just finished week 6! Last night was my 25 minutes run! I did it!
After about 5 minutes I was getting tired and started thinking that I was never going to make it to 25 minutes, but I just told myself I can do it! And I did. I did run so very slowly, but I ran the whole time. Now I need to work on getting my speed up a bit. I see a few of you are up to the 25 min run as well, and hope you made it! It really does feel good, doesn't it!
Beth
bethbeth is offline   Reply With Quote