Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2018, 07:43 PM   #166  

the weight issue i strongly recommend working out
blood sugar is like my nightmare
Old 10-15-2018, 09:12 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Working out is good for blood sugar control, too, brodly.

Trish, I sometimes cook 2 separate meatloaves if I'm using a lot of meat to give some to step-daughter. It cooks faster that way. I don't know how DH feels about having the veggies in it, but I just cut them up really small, it's like it's not even there, but it adds flavor. If it too bland, it's like eating a hamburger.

I used to mix the filling for the peppers and after I filled DH's pepper I would add some lentils to the mixture to put in mine. I do a lot of things like that to get some ingredients into my food that he doesn't like. I could probably mix the lentils into the filling and he wouldn't even know. I buy lentil soup, then drain and rinse it, then package it in small bags and freeze it for when I want a small portion.
Old 10-16-2018, 01:36 AM   #168  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Ended up being an 8 hr window, but at least I did stay within the 8. I was so cold today and really felt like soup all day so I just threw some frozen veggies in a little pot added some left over beef and actually used the left over gravy from what I smothered the chicken tenders in. It was really good and warmed me up. I'll try to go fast till 3 tomorrow afternoon if I can. I am not to eat unless I am really hungry and I can honestly say I did eat until I was hungry today.
Old 10-16-2018, 06:53 AM   #169  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabehealthy View Post
You have to read this!! I'm going to look into this further. I know there are articles that claim this is not possible.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-39070183
no surprise to me
Old 10-16-2018, 07:13 AM   #170  
Madeleine

got home about 6 pm our time last evening. I had ordered supper while the airport limo was driving us home. DH said lets have comfort food, so we had wings. They are virtually no carbs, unless I eat the carrot sticks (did not) so that was great. I did have some potty issues, because although they don't flour the wings before deep frying, the fryer is used for mozzarella sticks etc. So a mild gluten reaction to that. Ugh. I often make my own, and will have to do that in the future. I am definitely very sensitive to gluten these days.
SO, drumroll please: weight is 161.5 (yippee) and waist is 35.25 Waist is actually 1/4 inch smaller than before I left, and weight is only up a couple of pounds. I wasn't too worried about the food, but the alcohol was something I was worried would really add the pounds. SO this should be pretty easy to reduce back down. I had just achieved below 160 a bit before we left, so I don't feel like I have gone backward at all.
I leave for my conference this morning and I think I will plan some good walks there, and not do any drinking until Friday. On Friday after the conference I go to my cousins, and see some of my family in Quebec. Haven't seen them since Dad's funeral. I have only ever seen them occasionally, but we stay in touch on Facebook. I had to work at our relationship, I really didn't speak enough french as a child, and there was a wide age difference with most of the them, so we weren't friends then. It was after I made the effort to learn french in University by spending a semester in an immersion program that things began to change. But without regular practice, my french really suffered. I hope this will be a big surprise for them. Between lack of practice, high emotions and exhaustion, I hardly spoke french at the funeral. I have been doing the Duo-lingo practice almost every day since then and I hope it will pay off. I may get some practice at the conference, there will be many french speaking midwives there. I am hoping to become competent to provide care in french, so I can do some international work at some point.

Other plans for the week at the conference is to do 2MAD. I will have to figure out if I am going to do breakfast and lunch or lunch and supper. There is a lot of social time in the evenings. I am planning on drinking lots of sparkling water instead of wine at the evening events, but may be harder to skip supper, so will stick with no breakfast most days. They are supposed to provide gluten free things for me, but I don't want a lot of grains like rice etc.

I have read posts from the last couple of days, but not much time now to comment. Best wishes to everyone for continued health and success with weight loss and blood sugar management.

will check in tonight probably, if I can stay awake!
Old 10-16-2018, 07:51 AM   #171  

Weight 196 FBG 104 The result of well timed meds, but still good. I love when I start the day with a low number. I found that by taking Tylenol Arthritis yesterday I felt great, but I have to wait until I eat something to take it.
Old 10-16-2018, 03:31 PM   #172  

brodly You are right about the exercise. I am not good at sitting and doing the recumbent everyday, but I am getting better ate being more active, believe me trying to get my house clean and organized is a lot of exercise. I think I will feel so much better organizing my life, diet etc once I get my house organized. I let the house go last year when I was spending so much running back and forth taking care of my 95 hr old Daddy. Now that he is settled in a retirement health center, I am really wanting to get things cleaned up. I would really like to have people over to visit without having to apologize about how my house looks.

Carol Sue Glad your numbers are co-operating. It doesn't matter if it is with the meds or not. It is important that they work. Glad you have figured out how to keep the pain down with the arthritis Tylenol too.

Mad I had no doubt that you would do good on your trip. You had worked and got things pretty much under control before you left and I have been reading that getting off for a vacation etc wasn't bad as long as you get back OP when the trip is over. You didn't have any set back and I suspect that short vacation eating will give you a really surprise reward when you get back to your plan. Congratulations on everything.

My FBS was 156 today and my weight was 221. These are small drops but they are moving in the right direction and although I am picking my foods from the WW Simply Filling foods I feel that I am eating much healthier which is another part of improving bs and health. I've decided to just go with the 8:16 IF plan for now. I want to get into the routine of that first and then choose later as to if and when to go to a smaller window.

We are setting new lows here in Central TX. Normal for today is in the 80s and we are in the 40s. Big change since we were in the 90s last week. Tomorrow is supposed to be the only day without rain for this week so will go see Daddy and go by the store to get a few things before we come back home. As I said earlier, I am working to get my house cleaned up and organized. The fact that I am wanting to do this means I am feeling better. I'm not starving all the time either so I hope this means that the Probiotic I bought is already starting to work.

A lot of flooding south of us in the hill country makes me heart hurt for all those hit by Florence and Michael and having to start over. So so sad.

Y'all have a great day.

Last edited by pattygirl63; 10-16-2018 at 03:38 PM.
Old 10-16-2018, 05:54 PM   #173  

I don't have much to say today. I didn't have breakfast. By the time I was thinking of cooking some eggs, DH was making egg salad sandwiches for lunch, so I had that. It was around 11AM. Then I had a big salad for dinner. DH made his ground meat and potatoes with mushroom soup. I usually like to heat up some green beans to go with it, but he put a can of peas in it and I didn't like it, so I picked out some of the potatoes and meat. I'm still hungry, and if I'm hungry at 5:30 that tells me I'm not going to make it to bedtime. Guess I have to find something to hold me over, but I am not really hungry for anything in particular. Maybe it will pass.

I didn't take any Tylenol today, and I think I forgot to take the Turmeric. I don't have much pain, and when that happens, I forgot to take the supplements. I will take it at bedtime.

I bought a pair of pants and KMart and when I tried them on today they were too big!! Yay! I didn't try them on in the store but they looked like they would fit me. So I returned them today and got a smaller size. Now I'm in trouble if they shrink. LOL

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 10-16-2018 at 05:56 PM.
Old 10-16-2018, 10:35 PM   #174  
Madeleine

Carol: at the start of the week I put my meds and supplements into "dosettes" to take them. That way I don't forget things and don't have to open several bottles every day. I actually often do two weeks worth. Because they include a pro=biotic and a fish oil capsule, I keep them in the fridge. Funny, I never forget them if they are next to the cream for my tea.....
Thanks for kind words all, I am pretty happy about the relative maintenance. Today I wound up doing OMAD again, I was driving and didn't pack a lunch, and nothing suitable on the road, so just drank lots of water and waited until supper. I did eat many calories with lots of fat that, so on plan that way.
Jet lag creeping in, time for bed, have a good night friends
Old 10-17-2018, 02:19 AM   #175  

Carol Sue and Mad I also do DH and my meds Sunday night for the week. It makes it so much easier to once a day empty them out into a small bowl for us to take during the week. I used to stand and do them each morning, but one time when doing them for a two week trip, I decided to start doing them the same way even at home and it has worked so well, I still do it. The only reason I don't do 2 weeks is I can't find any pill boxes this big any more. I got them at the Harbor Freight years ago, but they don't sell them any more. I've taped this blessed these 2 so many times it is crazy but they still work.

I did really good today staying within my 8 hr eating window. Didn't get too much done today because DGS in SC called and talked to me this morning for over an hour, but I love talking to the kid and so thankful he stays in touch. Headed to bed a little catch y'all tomorrow.
Old 10-17-2018, 05:51 AM   #176  
Madeleine

Woke up a bit before 5 am. Feel well rested, I guess about 7 hrs sleep.
Just waiting for it to get light enough to safely go for a walk around here.
My workshop doesn't start until 930 am, so I have a lot of time to walk.
The friend that I was hanging out with last night cannot walk fast. I feel the need to just start trucking and go. I have such good exercise the last week, sure don't want to slow down at this point.
Spoke with DH a bit. I think this trip was it for him. He wasn't very open to travel and even though he had a good time, I think I won't get him to go far again. Maybe within Canada, but not out of country. I know if DD continues her lifestyle as a yacht-y I will not be able to go a year at a time between seeing her. I will go to her, wherever that may be. I don't love travelling alone. Will maybe do stuff with my sister again in future. Its all kinda funny, as I have no big desire to go anywhere right now. I can wait a long while for another trip. Two out of country trips this year is enough for a while. LOL
Hope everyone had a good sleep too, and will check in and read later.

Old 10-17-2018, 08:21 AM   #177  

Weight 196 FBG 172.

I woke up a few times during the night but was able to fall back to sleep and got up around 7. That is when it is daylight enough that I feel comfortable to let the dog out. Not sure what I will do after the fall-back. When we worked, we had to let our dogs out in the dark in the AM. We had some encounters, and the ones with the raccoons were the worst. They get defensive. The others mostly just run off.

I have a pill box for my regular meds. 4 sections for each day AM, Noon, PM, Bed. I take a LOT of meds. I don't put my supplements in there though. I just have them in the bottles. I have a single slot weekly pill box too that is unused. I guess I could put the supplements in there. I was pain free most of yesterday except for a few stabs in the right heel. Stretches helped with them. Relatively pain free today, too, so far.

I have not started my new supplements yet. I want to read up on the MSM again, and I am afraid to take the Glucomanan. I am mostly afraid because of what it says about interfering with the absorption of meds.
Old 10-17-2018, 09:37 PM   #178  
Madeleine

ate to plan today, although a little worried i did not get enough fat, but I feel satisfied so will do I guess.
I have been having mild nausea in the mornings, so decided to cut out the morning metformin, and take the other two with meals only. its not quite as prescribed, but it seems that taking it on an empty stomach does affect me. SO I will be two a day for the next month until I do the next A1C. I think I will do it the same day as I have the ultrasound, since I will be fasting. It doesn't HAVE to be done while fasting, but some of the other blood work she usually orders is best when fasting, and I'm all into getting tests done that day anyhow.
Quite tired now, at 930, and am tucked up in bed. Not feeling great, seem to have caught a cold, probably the flight home. People get colds on planes a lot I think. All those germs floating around for the whole flight. Hope it will be better by Friday to see my cousins. I would like a glass of wine that evening, helps to lubricate the tongue for speaking french. I tend to be too self-conscious and try to speak perfectly if I haven't had a drink.
Phoned DH, he said it snowed on him while he was in the hot tub tonight. None here in Ottawa, where it is usually colder and more likely to snow, and I hope I don't have to drive through snow going home. I better book my snow tires ASAP.
I am glad the pain has been better overall Carol, but would be nice to know what is causing it and what helps it, in a more consistent way. I do suspect something systemic, since the pain moves around so much. But so many options, from fibromyalgia, to neuropathies, to sensitivities. and I sure don't specialize in any of those issues.
I am thinking the glucosamine is helping my hands. Now, I am also avoiding texting as much as possible, but I started it in earnest a couple of weeks ago, just before we left, and I would say the pain is better, and strength is returning as I can use them more. I will have to find some other pills though, these are big and they are not capsules, so they are sticking in my throat sometimes.
Hello to Trish, Pipsicle and our friendly lurkers.
Old 10-17-2018, 10:31 PM   #179  

Man I knew I was tired when I wrote just before going to bed at 1:30 this morning, but I was wiped out. I didn't make a lot of sense in what I wrote. I slept good though. The rain and cold has made sleeping so easy and so sound. I only got up once to go to the bathroom. We had light rain when we went to see Daddy and went by the store and I think it has stopped raining now, but it is still cold. Tomorrow around noon it starts raining again until sometime Saturday night. We are supposed to get 3 days without rain and then starts again, but I think the temperatures are supposed to start warming up. Since my beautician left today for Spain, I don't have a beauty appointment to go to this week so I'm not going out any more this week. I am using her 2 week vacation to stay home as much as possible during that time. We may go see Daddy Sunday if DS and BIL don't go. BIL is feeling better today without much pain as long as he doesn't move his arm wrong. He seems to be doing better with this shoulder surgery than the last one. I'm not sure if it isn't because he knows what to expect or what. Daddy has CHF appointment next week and DS and I will meet him there. DH and I will pick another day to go see him or I will wait and go after beauty appointment that Friday. Any way for now, I'm enjoying slowing down some for now. The weather gives me an excuse to stay home.

Carol Sue I'm glad your pain seems to be pretty much under control at this time and I pray it will stay that way. I'm not looking to forward to the time change myself. I really wish they would quit changing it twice a year. I can't see that we are saving anything like they say we do.

mad I hope you get to feeling better. Perhaps your DH will change his mind about traveling later after he gets over the recent ones. I have to say that I want to go see the kids in FL but I do dread the long drive. I would love to be able to fly and rent a car when we get there, but then I will have to learn to travel with a lot less luggage than I take now.

I hope you aren't getting a cold, but I know those things happen even when you go from one climate to another.

I have actually stayed OP today. I didn't eat until after noon and then we didn't get home and eat until after 5 pm. So I ended up with an approximately 5 hr eating window. Weight was 220 FBS 162. BS reading before 5 pm meal was 119. I had my regular breakfast of eggs, bacon and toast no banana or yogurt this morning. I saved it to eat as a dessert for dinner. I haven't been hungry tonight. Oh how I wish I could feel like this everyday. But I will take it One day at a time.

DH says it is movie time so I will go. Catch y'all tomorrow. I hope we all have a good nights sleep tonight. I think I won't care much for this movie as I don't like zombie movies. I will play my pc games while he watches it. LOL

Good night.
Old 10-18-2018, 07:38 AM   #180  

Wt 196.5 FBG 114.

My wrist is killing me this morning. I wore the wrist support to bed but it didn't help. I just gave in and took an RX pain pill. Once it kicks in I have to go to Wal-Mart. I haven't been there all week. This is harder on my phone but no PC for me until wrist feels better.
Closed Thread