Old 01-11-2012, 01:12 PM   #106  
... and a piece of toast.

S/C/G: 170 >:(/152/135

Height: 5'2" <-- well, almost

RoadtoFifty -- the other day I was in Target and saw some pretty sterling silver rings. On of them said 'Faith' and I thought of what you posted . . . 'keep the faith.' So I bought the ring and wear it so I can read the word and just keep thinking 'have faith that you can do this; have faith that you can stay OP.' Can't tell you how much it helps. Thanks again!
loose seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:14 PM   #107  
Cardio / Calorie Counting

S/C/G: 172/164.7/122

Height: 5'2"

I'm checking in. I can't seem to get my behind up to do a darn thing - exercising - MOVING - anything! I am down to 161.6 now. I took a few days away from the exercise routine, now I need to get back on track, I know. I'm not sure what the block is. I think I will be very lucky to break into the 150's by the end of this month. So, that's my adjusted goal: 159.x.
GoldfrostDazzlefluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:13 PM   #108  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Loose seal - I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

RoadtoFifty - I just started taking measurements this month. I advised my mom to start a couple months back when her weight loss slowed, so figured it would be good to take my own advice You have been painting too? Is it to give a new look? Or this is the first look you wanted? I just bought my house a year ago yesterday, and have yet to get paint on all the walls yet. In my defense though, it's a huge house and that's a TON of work. We have over 3400 sq ft and cathedral ceilings... our half bath took all day to do! I tried to find painting on MFP - nothing, My MFP name is StarIsMoving if you would like to add me

Gold - I think we all have that struggle when we break from it... how's the saying go??? A body in motion tends to stay in motion..whereas a body at rest tends to stay at rest. What you have to do is get the start up of inertia going and then you will be *brace yourself for a play on words* "Gold"en
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:03 PM   #109  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadtoFifty View Post
Loose Seal,

That is a great idea! I am glad that my words gave you motivation. I am so honored.

Also keep in mind how close you are to where you want to me. I don't know how many times that I have been that close and started getting the big head. And you know what happens then? You gain it back. It is so frustrating! So, just hang in there and remember that you could be like me with over 100 pounds to lose again and turning 50 next year. *sigh* I checked the other day and at least I am out of the "morbidly obese" range to just the "obese" range. Little victories. LOL

BTDT with the losing/gaining/losing/gaining back to losing again. <sigh> Yeah the big head thing . . . that's exactly it. I get so far then think 'oh hey, I can deviate, I can slack off, it's ok.' And a for a bit I can get away with it. But then . . . . up, up, up the weight goes each and every time. You'd think we'd learn, huh? lol

We have to hang in there and when we get to a certain comfort level keep looking at that pretty little ring that says 'faith' and know that we can't get lax because we're not quite done yet.

Oh and that turning 50 thing? Piece of cake. It's just a number . . . don't let it have any more power than that.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:23 PM   #110  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Had another good OP day with several temptations avoided...amazing! Last night at the school we ate at a fundraiser "tailgate party" with all the typical summer picnic-type foods. I did eat a brat, beans, cold salad and dessert. Again I kept the portions small, well except the brat, I just ate the whole thing. Anyway, after the bball game we came home, I got the kids in bed and I stuck in a workout dvd and did an hour of exercise. This morning I was up .2, but I was okay with that. It means I did a decent job of balancing food and activity. It helps that I kept my calories at lunch and breakfast on the low side to accomodate what I knew would be a higher cal meal at supper.
I know I've only shared victories on here so far, but they've been few and far between lately, so I'm excited to get back to a healthier mindset.

I'm so on board with you ladies who've mentioned getting close to goal or whatever then getting cocky about it and gaining weight back. I hadn't thought about it quite like that but that's absolutely what I've done. Another reson why this site helps me so much. You ladies understand what I'm doing/have done and can often relate so well. Thanks to you all!!
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:48 AM   #111  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

dandk, ClairBear, CaliforniaDreaming, tyedye, ferretgirl: GREAT losses last week!! Keep it up!

flourless: The short days really get to me this time of year too. I think I need to make an effort to get out more during the day to absorb some of the sunshine.

MsP: It's so nice that your son prepared a good, healthy meal for you. I need to teach my husband how to cook something other than spaghetti, lol. Glad you had such an enjoyable Sunday with your family. And I think it sounds like you did great yesterday in a situation that could have involved a lot of overeating... I'm glad you're sharing your victories here, because they are definitely worth celebrating! Every good decision helps, you know?

ItsMyTurn: Awesome NSV!! Time to go shopping!

RoadToFifty: This is absolutely the place to come when you need to vent and get it out - it's what we're here for, to listen and encourage and cheer each other on! And thank you for the good thoughts on the treatments; I really appreciate it. I will definitely be feeling the stress in another week or so, and you all are sure to hear about it here.

loose seal: I love the idea of the ring. My boss, who is a good friend and one of the few people IRL with whom I discuss my fertility issues, gave me a little silver box at the holidays that I love. On the front it says "wishes", and on the inside it says "do come true". I keep it next to my desk at work and get teary-eyed every time I look at it. It keeps me hopeful that things will eventually work out.

Goldfrost: I struggle sometimes with wanting to exercise too, and what seems to help me at times is setting a very specific goal on a short time frame. Mine right now is targeting an average daily calorie deficit of AT LEAST 889 calories (not as random of a number as it seems, lol, it came from a bunch of calculations ) - and to hit that calorie deficit I either have to exercise or eat below my 1200 minimum calories. Having that to focus on every day has been helping me to get out there and do it. Can you set a short-term goal something like that to help with the motivation?

I'm heading out of town for the weekend tomorrow (we're doing a late Christmas with my family since we couldn't travel over the holidays), and it's going to be a challenge to eat well all weekend since most meals will be out! I've got my Fiber One bars though and know where the nearest Subway is, so I plan to stay on track with my calories as much as possible. Will be checking in here when I'm able, but have a great weekend, all!

Last edited by chickadee32; 01-12-2012 at 12:49 AM.
chickadee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:49 AM   #112  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Glad to see you ladies are doing so well. Just a drive by post for me. Staying OP and giving it all I have. Just 5 more pounds and I will have that 8 pound goal in the bag for the month. Hope you ladies are having a good week thus far. Keep up the groovy work.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:08 AM   #113  

Default New to 3fatchicksonadiet

Hi, I am new to this site, but found the postings so encouraging. I am currently 200 pounds and would like to lose atleast 5 pounds in the second half of January to start!
GetSkinnyWithMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:10 AM   #114  
There is no spoon!

getskinnywithme
Old 01-12-2012, 09:32 AM   #115  

S/C/G: 251/235/sgw 220/lgw 150

Height: 5'5"

Down 2lbs!! Got back into kickboxing today finally and followed that with a 30 min. walk home. Feeling good.
stronger4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:34 AM   #116  

Oooo, stronger4me - - - I do some kickboxing workouts and I'm always surprised at how much of a workout I get from them. I like it!
Old 01-12-2012, 10:28 AM   #117  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

RoadtoFifty - You did great adding me, it went through no problem Holy painting through it all again? That's a ton of painting to do! I am into earth tones and "reminiscent" tones of the old times. So we have everything from a deep tannish color in the halls to a bold classic burgundy in our bedroom... all over the spectrum, Great job sliding out of one category!!!! A loss is a loss, is a loss!!!! Love progress!!!

Ms Perception - I love hearing about your victories! If everything is a victory right now, then it will help lend you the confidence to get through your next trial.... that is not a bad thing You totally OWN those victories

Chickadee - I can't "shop" much as of yet... Christmas for 3 teens and I am the only source of income, so have to make when I have work for now and add one thing at a time. When my parents come in May, my father is giving me and my mom some money to go get clothing though as a reward for all our hard work reshaping I sure hope you have fun on your weekend!!!! I am sure you will do wonderfully, sounds like you are already planning ahead and that's half the battle!

Delphi - Great job!!!!

Getskinny - I wish you much success with whatever plan you are using/changes you are making

stronger - Great job!!! Kickboxing is a great workout...then to add in the walk... amazing!

loose seal - hi!!!!

I got in my walk/jog last night - apparently DH knew I was serious about needing it cause the kids barely even said hi to me until I got back so they didn't side track me from going It felt fabulous! Woke up this morning to TOM...there is my 2 week stall... hoping I can get past it and finish up this month hitting goal for a change
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:07 PM   #118  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Hit 165.8 today, so that's more progress toward my goal. I had to adjust my food plan to accomodate my parents coming over for lunch. I made a new recipe and I'm about to go on Sparkrecipes to see what the cals/serving are for sure. I was guesstimating based on the recipe and the changes I made to it. Still I think I'm pretty good for calories today.

I will be doing one of my walking dvds once I let supper settle in my stomach and get my calories all added up for the day. If I'm a little on the high side, I'll throw in a little weights or something extra too!
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:27 PM   #119  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

Welcome, GetSkinnyWithMe! I did exercise videos filmed in Hawaii today while watching it snow outside of my window.

I had a couple of bad days and haven't weighed myself for a few days -- that's always a bad sign. I usually do best when I'm weighing every day. Things got better today when I did those exercise videos. I want to remember that for next time -- hula and yoga make me feel better!
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:30 AM   #120  
There is no spoon!

MsP ~ Sounds like a wonderful plan...as always. I definitely hear ya on becoming complacent as well...guess that is why we are back.

roadtofity ~ Good luck with those cravings and the scale.

itsmyturn ~ Too bad about TOM but it will be over soon and hopefully you will see that Whoosh you are looking for.

stronger4me ~ on the loss.

Well the week has been a slow one for me but completely on plan! Just higher calorie days. Every few weeks I up my daily calories just to shake things up a bit..but I feel so guilty during these periods as I know I am not getting the daily deficits I need when calories are lower. In any case, it works and keeps my body on its toes.

You ladies keep up the great work. You are all an inspiration.