Old 01-16-2012, 08:22 PM   #136  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

Hi all! Back from my weekend visit with my family, and will be back to catch up later this evening.
chickadee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:50 PM   #137  
YESiCAN

S/C/G: 293/285/150

Height: 5'2

2 lbs down boo....let's ride!
CANi2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:26 PM   #138  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

So I thought seeing 266.2 yesterday might have been a fluke, but then I saw it again this morning! Soooooo, I've beaten my goal of 268.2!!! Yay!!!
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:37 AM   #139  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Chickadee - Welcome back and hope it was fun! My scale was unfriendly to me Sunday showing no loss. I will continue to do what I know is right though, clothes are fitting better and I am determined the scale will catch up to the rest of me
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:44 PM   #140  
~Star~

RoadtoFifty - Thank you for that post, it was helpful. TOM certainly has a horrible effect on us females sometimes... I am in peri (I know I am young... cursed, but young, lol), so it's horrible AND unpredictable now, LOL! Stay OP and you will be happier with end result though
Old 01-18-2012, 12:53 AM   #141  

S/C/G: 310/169/155

Hi all, hope you don't mind me jumping in this late in the month....I was pretty active on here a few years ago, and this thread was totally my motivation to keep on track! I lost over a hundred pounds and have eventually gained about 1/2 of it back. Started today getting back on the wagon and am turning back to 3FC, as I know it was such a huge part of my loss before!

1. Since it is already the 17th, I am not planning on any big numbers this month. Instead of weight, I have a pair of snow pants I want to fit into by the end of the month when we go snowshoeing. So that is my goal!

My OP this month includes staying with my diet (lots of veggies, fruit, nf yogurt, beans, etc), no eating after 8, lots of water, remembering to take my vitamins, and working out 6 days a week.
At least 3 days of the week I plan on doing 2 1/2 miles on the treadmill. 1/2 running and 1/2 walking. The other 3 days will be a mix of WII, work out videos, etc. At least an hour on those days. Between my treadmill and my pedometer, I want to reach at least 50 miles this month.

I plan to check in every day! I need the accountability right now, as I have been planning to "start dieting" again for about 1 1/2 years now. Hasn't worked so well for me so far! I last a day or a week, and then relapse, but I am really serious this time. Which is why I am back on 3FC!!!!

Today went good. 1275 calories, and according to Fitday, my 40 minutes on the treadmill equals about 325 calories used. I didn't drink enough water today, so need to focus on that tomorrow. Also need to watch my carb/fat vs protein. Didn't really get very much protein today (I'm a vegetarian who is avoiding soy, so kinda hard). So fixing that is my goal tomorrow!

Last edited by jessicado22; 01-18-2012 at 12:55 AM.
jessicado22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 04:08 PM   #142  
~Star~

Jessica - It sounds like you have a full plan straight out of the gate, good for you! When I started, I had to make small changes at a time... so to see someone so put together in plan is awesome. The best part, is that it's totally sustainable and a sure plan for success I love this site for staying accountable, and the support in the 3FC forum is spectacular - I have met some awesome people here... with that being said, I also log and keep accountable with fitness and nutrition logs through MyFitnessPal and a lot of folks from here use that site too (which is how I discovered it). If you decide to do so, you can friend me there, screen name StarIsMoving. I like it cause I can watch things like carb intake (wow, never knew I was a carb-lover til that, lol) and such Good luck to you on your mission... what a great goal to have for the first one!!!! I think you will do it no problem!
Old 01-18-2012, 04:16 PM   #143  
... and a piece of toast.

S/C/G: 170 >:(/152/135

Height: 5'2" <-- well, almost

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadtoFifty View Post
I can feel the PMS and it is amazing how one day you are actually feeling thinner and then the next, like a big blob, even after being OP for 16 days. At this point, I am hoping to maintain this week and maybe I will get a nice surprise.

Hang in there everyone and remember WE ARE WORTH IT!
OMG, are you my doppleganger??

I'm thinking that your thinking and my thinking are thinking the same thing.
loose seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:24 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 266/Ticker/150

Good evening! I'd like to join even though its late this month. I'd like to lose 5 lbs by the end of the month. I think its possible bc I should lose a bit more by the time my TOM is over (2 days in)... whacha think?
NightAngel26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:10 PM   #145  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

Oh my goodness, I am sooooo far behind!! Sorry ladies! My weekend was enjoyable but really hectic, and I absolutely crashed on Monday night. I've been trying to catch up on work and whatnot, and feel really behind on everything (but what's new?). So much WINNING around here to read about though - it cheers me up!

GetSkinnyWithMe: Welcome! I have added you to our goal list below.

stronger4me: Kickboxing is truly butt-kicking! Great workout.

MsP: I make those some accommodations when I've had to have an unplanned meal. Staying on top of things really seems to help!

brunette: You've done great, you're getting so close to your monthly goal already! Great job!

RoadtoFifty: WAY TO GO!!!! All that hard work paid off!! You are RED below!!

gardenerjoy: Great job on those OP days!

tavvy: Woohoo on getting out of the 260s!!!! And you're down so much this month already, wow - keep it up!!

dandk: YAY!! Congratulations on hitting your January goal!!! And 15 lbs - holy cow! Awesome job!!! You are now RED below!!

Jester: Nice loss! Let us know if we can help on the food front - we ALL struggle at times.

Sherri77: Welcome! I have added you to our goal list below. Nice job on your loss so far this month!

Delphi: Hope the recharge week was a good one for you! I definitely agree that occasional breaks can help with metabolism. I just can't seem to make myself take them though, lol.

loose seal: YAY on the 6 lbs thus far! That's a ton at your already small size! You're doing amazing!

flourless: Nice job so far!! I didn't log at all while I was away this weekend (just kept track mentally), and it made me feel weird. I feel so much better when I am on top of every single thing I eat.

CaliforniaDreamer: You're really on track for a big loss this month - great job!!

ferretgirl: I know you can do it - lots of time still.

CANi: Way to go continuing to lose this month! You're going to be so far ahead of the game come February!

KimL: CONGRATULATIONS on meeting your goal this month!! Woohoo!! I have made you RED below!!

RoadtoFifty and ItsMyTurn: I am SO with you. The hormonal stuff is driving me nuts!! I have had nearly a 14,000 calorie deficit since the beginning of the month, which should equate to ~4 lbs lost, and yet the scale is still UP 2.4 lbs from where I started on Jan 1! It's making me want to pull my hair out!! I keep reminding myself that eventually, eventually, this weight will drop off. I am EARNING it, gdammit.

jessica: Welcome! And congratulations on taking the necessary steps to stop the gain and get back to losing - that's a really big thing. Will you show us photos of the snowpants when you get into them? I added your goal to the list below, and can't wait to see the difference that setting one makes for you these next couple weeks.

NightAngel26: Glad you're joining us for the rest of the month! I definitely think you can do it. I added you to the goal list below!

Updated January Weight Loss Goal List

KimL1214: Lose 8 lbs

RoadtoFifty: Lose 8 lbs
LeslieB: Lose 6 lbs
Live Laugh Love: Lose 8.6 lbs
ClaireBear: Lose 10 lbs
miniDoodles: Get to and maintain at 148 lbs
tavvy: Lose 12 lbs
gardenerjoy: Get to 168 lbs or less
loose seal: Get to 162 lbs
GoldfrostDazzlefluff: Get to 154.9 lbs
LIL'JJ: Get to ONEDERLAND
chickadee32: Get into the 140s
omgzitsmiranda: Lose 10 lbs
Floriduh: Lose 6 lbs
CaliforniaDreamer: Lose 13 lbs
AzJade: Lose 5 lbs
mystical: Lose 6 lbs
dandk0204: Lose 15 lbs
brunette8787: Lose 6 lbs
Koshinogi: Lose 7 lbs
ferretgirl: Lose 6 lbs
susiemartin: Lose 10 lbs
Nature Girl: Lose 5 lbs
CANi2012: Lose 8 lbs
bliss3244: Lose 10-15 lbs
tyedyegoddess: Lose 10 lbs
Delphi: Lose 8 lbs
Matilda08: Lose 10 lbs
Bones1928: Lose 10 lbs
ItsMyTurn: Lose 7 lbs
Caramel33: Lose 5 lbs
Jester: Lose 8 lbs
awwtina: Lose 8-10 lbs
KMme: Lose 5 lbs
MsPerception: Lose 8 lbs
Thinsole: Lose 4 lbs
this is for me: Lose 4-5 lbs
stronger4me: Lose 8 lbs
Melokoton: Lose 10-15 lbs
2012slimdown: Lose 7 lbs
GetSkinnyWithMe: Lose 5 lbs
Sherri77: Lose 15 lbs
jessicado22: Fit into snowpants!
NightAngel26: Lose 5 lbs

Last edited by chickadee32; 01-18-2012 at 09:12 PM.
chickadee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:18 PM   #146  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Jessica and nightangel!

Well looks like everyone is doing well. I've stalled out a bit until today and finally saw another pound bite the dust (good riddens). In any case, just wanted to driveby and catch up with everyone. Tax season is fast approaching and I am checking my mailbox religiously. I'm like a mad women running out there to see if I got my W2s yet. Momma needs a new ride!

Last edited by Delphi; 01-18-2012 at 11:32 PM.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:29 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 154/144.6/135

Height: 5'7

Hello ladies!
Wow, I can't believe some people have already met their goals for the month!! Congrats to everybody who did! And everybody else is doing so well too!!! We've got 2 weeks and we CAN all get to our goals!! I had a bad day yesterday because we went out for dinner unexpectedly. So I have been trying to double my exercise to make up for a really heavy meal and some dessert afterwards. Weigh in day is the day after tomorrow (Friday) and I am kind of worried. But I will try my best to stay positive and on-track. Good luck to us all!!!
brunette8787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:28 AM   #148  

S/C/G: 310/169/155

ItsMyTurn -- thanks! Is Myfitnessplace better than fitday? I started an account there and have been entering all my info, which is when I realized how high my carbs are, even when I thought I was eating pretty healthy. But I don't know how to link to other people at fitday, so if I can do it at your site and link to friends that would be great!

RoadtoFifty--thanks! I've been beating myself over gaining weight back, but I guess I should think of it your way! Much more positive outlook, lol.

NightAngel26--welcome! 5 pounds sounds totally doable! Especially after the TOM woosh

Chickadee32 -- thanks! I'm usually shy around the camera, but if we do get some pics I'll post. Besides I need to get unshy again so I can have some photos for my future onederland photo journey!

Thanks Delphi -- and congrats!

Did okay today -- 1200 calories and 1/2 hour exercise (1 mile running, 1 mile walking). But I forgot my vitamins and also pretty high on carbs/fat vs protein. Wondering if perhaps I need to start protein shakes, or maybe give up vegetarianism and try some fish/chicken. Plan on figuring that all in the next couple of days...

TOM has arrived, so feeling pretty proud of all the temptations I avoided today! Almost pulled into driveby coffee places twice for a blended chai, but resisted. If I can adjust my carb/fat intake tomorrow, I'll be set!

Last edited by jessicado22; 01-19-2012 at 02:32 AM.
jessicado22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 05:33 AM   #149  

S/C/G: 214/134/129

Height: 5'3"

Welcome Jessica and Nightangel! Wow, I can't believe so many have reached their goal already! Chickadee thanks for the support - I joined myfitnesspal which has definitely helped me be more accountable with my calorie intake. It got me going again and I lost 2 lb this week, just 1 lb off my 8lb January goal.
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:51 AM   #150  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Hey all! I've been keepin' busy this week, so wasn't on here to keep up on everything. A huge CONGRATS to those who've made their goal already and to all those who've mde such excellent progress. I hit my goal [163.6] on the nose today, but I'm calling it a "soft" victory since I know we're having pizza tonight (It is National Pizza Week, after all ) which is likely to result in a little gain tomorrow. We'll call it a win if I call still be at my goal weight Sunday.

I have been a little less OP this week. Monday my girls asked me to make choc chip cookie bars for an evening function they were going to. We all baked them together which was a lot of fun and I didn't eat any dough or even lick a beater. I did however indulge in several cookie bars when they were done....you know, quality control and all. Anyway, I then baked banana bread later that same night to use some very ripe bananas. I sent one loaf in with my youngest for her class' snack time, but the other loaf was enjoyed by the whole family including me. There's no harm in these treats in general, but they were not in my food plan. I did do some extra workout time to counteract my indulgances, but the early part of the week was pretty uneventful on the scale.

My weight stayed the same all week (within a few tenths) until this morning. I was so OP yesterday partly out of frustration with the scale and partly because there's nothing really tempting in the house right now. It'll be grocery day Saturday, so I'm already ready to restock my good healthy stuff and keep moving in the right direction so I can finish the month strong!

Last edited by Ms Perception; 01-19-2012 at 11:53 AM.
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote