Old 01-26-2012, 03:27 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 214/134/129

Height: 5'3"

Godd job everyone!

Chickadee - like you say, it is what it is, and all you can do is keep going!

I weighed in today and have not lost anything, although been on plan all week. Still 1 lb to go for my January goal.
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:41 PM   #182  
... and a piece of toast.

S/C/G: 170 >:(/152/135

Height: 5'2" <-- well, almost

5 1/2 more days till this challenge ends. We can reach our goals . . . or at least get closer to them!
loose seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:23 PM   #183  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

Hola, ladies.

susie - Super glad the scale is turning around for you! Great job on all those OP days.

jessica - My fingers are crossed that they fit well!!!! I'm so anxious to know, lol. If we don't see you here before you leave on your trip, have a great time!!

ItsMyTurn - I know, you are always *right* there, and not getting over the line is never for your lack of effort! Stupid hormones; seriously, they can really mess things up for us and really contribute to the frustration some weeks. How are you doing the past few days? And yeah, I think so on the estrogen. Grrrr. So tired of it!

stronger4me - Way to go! Can't wait to see it happen for you!

Jester - SO close! It's going to happen, I can feel it! Whenever I hold on to weight like that over a normal week, I usually see a nice whoosh. I'll be hoping for one for you before Wednesday!

loose seal - Indeed! Whether we hit our monthly goal or not, what we lose now is less we have to lose later!

I love it that so many of us have stuck it out all the way through this month - EVERYONE who is still fighting is doing an awesome job. I wish we could have a (skim) latte party at the end of the month or something to celebrate how well everyone has done!
chickadee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:54 AM   #184  

S/C/G: 398/257/150

Height: 5'6"

Will not reach my weight loss goal this month. I managed to find 5 lbs. on vacation which is a victory considering how I ate. Am back in weight loss mode now so should see a loss in February.
LeslieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:02 AM   #185  
Just One Day!

S/C/G: 270/ticker/150

Height: 5'6''

Ahhhhhhhh!!
This past week the proverbial wagon left me in the dust after falling off on Sunday...I ate carbs for breakfast, lunch and dinner...maybe 5 times my usual amount...now I am retaining water but expect it to be gone by Monday and realistically am hoping for 253 by the first but would still be insanely psyched for 249.9! Keeping the faith and keeping my butt in workout mode for the weekend!!
tavvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:05 PM   #186  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

RoadtoFifty - Great job on the losses!!! Amazing numbers! Take it and run! LOL!

Chickadee - Every month I have tried challenges I seem to be JUST shy of the goals... crazy! I have been totally within calorie range these last days and doing well despite all the extra crap going on... so I think there HAS to be change however... read farther to find out the rest,

So, went to get my weekly weigh in this morning to discover I won't KNOW if I hit it this month (of course!)... my scale is broke or something. It read 124lbs, LOL! Ummmm... not! Sooooo.... I will be assuming I made progress until proven otherwise, !!!!! I will be doing measurements on Feb 1st, so guess that will be my telltale sign. We are going to have to wait for paycheck to get batteries and try that - if it doesn't work, a new scale is in my future cause this is going to drive me nuts! I vote for putting me in red anyway, just cause I have never had my dang name in red, As for me - even though it's breezy, going to play some tennis today It's sunny and beautiful and I want to be out in it!!!!
Have an awesome day all!!!!
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 03:40 PM   #187  
300lbs in avatar

S/C/G: 339/287/225

Height: 5'9

I lost 2 lbs So I have about 5 lbs to reach my goal. I probably won't get there but hopefully I'll get close.
CaliforniaDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:12 AM   #188  

S/C/G: 214/134/129

IMT - I second that vote for putting you in red!! How frustreating for that to happen, but hopefully when you get the scales sorted you'll see a nice loss.

Well I weighed in this morning and finally some movement - I've lost a pound and have reached my January goal of losing 8lbs!!
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:43 AM   #189  

S/C/G: 160/166/130

Height: 5' 2.5"

SW (12/31): 123.5lbs

1/8: 122 (-1.5)
1/16: 124.5 (+2.5)
1/22: 123.5 (-1)
1/29: 121 (-2.5)
1/31:

GW (1/31): 117.5lbs (-6)

Glad to see a small drop this week. So far I've only lost 2.5 of the 6 lbs I intended to lose, but I'm not so discouraged. My issue is probably still diet-related. Great job to everyone staying on track and holding themselves accountable and best wishes for final weigh-ins this month and next month
ferretgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:19 PM   #190  
... and a piece of toast.

S/C/G: 170 >:(/152/135

Height: 5'2" <-- well, almost

3 days left -- let's just put our heads down, our backs into it and stay totally OP. Let's git her done!

Last edited by loose seal; 01-30-2012 at 12:45 PM.
loose seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:08 PM   #191  
~Star~

Jester - the funniest part is I have participated in now 5 of Chickadee's monthly challenges... each time I set different goals, yet each time, I fall short by .2-.4!!! Not even full pounds! So if I was put in red out of pity... it would be my first time in red,

With that being said... here is my new theory - I think I should set a high goal, Here's my logic: I have set goals for these challenges as high as 8lbs, as low as 5... each time within a pound of the goal and never reach it... I would rather be .2 away from 8lbs loss, then .2 away from 5lb loss, See? Makes total sense! LOL! I won't have the money for a scale until sometime mid-month Chickadee, but would still like to participate in next month's challenge... I just won't have a reliable start number. However, here is why I want to... the group we usually get never fail to inspire me. There is always a few, you included, who when they write, always get me wanting to move more So.. even with a rough start guesstimate, hoping you will let me participate? Off for checking DD's homework, then to play some tennis Have a great day all!
Old 01-29-2012, 06:00 PM   #192  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Well, I feel like this month has been an incredible success for me. I've turned down SO many temptations and even the "planned" temptations were handled much better than in the past year. I was at a wedding with DH yesterday and today I weighed below my goal weight still.
I have not been perfect, but have turned down ice cream several times and kept my portions more reasonable. I have been able to handle some difficult situations with thinking ahead. There was 1 night I caved and had some candy after we ate a fundraiser dinner where the food was gross. Even then, I shared with my kids which is NOT normal for me. I DO NOT like to share those rare sweet treats! I was actually happy to share a little since it started to taste almost too sweet. Again NOT normal for me, so yay!
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:28 PM   #193  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

I had a busy, busy weekend! I went for a run at the gym and then ran around shopping and running errands yesterday, and then had a Dr. appointment at 8am this morning, followed by the baby shower brunch I was putting on an hour away from home, and then got in more than an hour and half at the gym this afternoon. The good news from this weekend is that my bloodwork and ultrasound results from the appointment this morning show that I am responding very well to the meds, and we are good to go with the embryo transfer this Friday! The bad news is that the scale hates what the meds are doing to my body, and my weight is back up again. I start some additional injections tonight and will continue doing both at least until we find out whether or not things worked, which won't be for ~3 weeks, so I think I can expect continued issues on the scale. Oh well, if I'm able to get pregnant as a result of all of this, I will GLADLY take whatever nuttiness comes my way due to the hormones.

LeslieB: I hope you enjoyed your vacation! Those are always VERY tough from a food perspective. I look forward to seeing you in the February thread!

tavvy: Oh, water weight - I am intimately familiar with it lately!! The good news is that it always comes off eventually. Hope this weekend was good for making some progress on that front!

RoadtoFifty: AWESOME job! Those are some seriously impressive numbers! I'm so glad you've had such a great month on the weight loss front (you deserve it) - it really helps to inspire for continued commitment and progress! February is going to be great as well for you! Definitely keep us updated on how the tracking works for you - I really feel like it's been such a useful tool for me.

ItsMyTurn: Maybe it should be considered a good thing that your scale died on it's own - because I might have had to murder it for you if it didn't!! Seriously, that thing just would not let you catch a break! Your name IS going in RED because there's no way that you didn't actually lose that last partial pound of fat over these last few days of the month, and the evil scale isn't around to say otherwise. And OF COURSE you can participate in February, scale or no scale - it matters not. Heck, I'm going to set up the thread and not even set a goal for myself! (I would be delusional to believe I'm going to see any movement in the right direction I think ) You're one of the people I always look forward to seeing around here, especially because you're so consistent and committed in your effort, and we would all be losing a lot if you weren't participating. And, not to seem like I'm a crazy person for still having all this stuff around that I'm not using... but I have a second scale I bought but never use (it's been collecting dust for months)... do you want for me to mail it to you? It's an Omiron and is supposed to track muscle mass and body fat and things like that (which is why I bought it, but then I didn't like what it was telling me ), but it functions perfectly well as just a plain old scale, too. If you're interested let me know and I could put it in the mail to you this week, I just need to find the instruction manual for it!

Jester: WOOHOO!!! Congrautulations on meeting your January goal!! I made you RED below! Great job!!!

ferretgirl: You're so teeny-tiny already, that 2.5 lbs seems like a really great loss! I'm glad you're feeling good about it, because you should be! Way to go!

loose seal: I love the continued encouragement you keep giving. There is no way I'm making my goal this month, but I'm continuing to fight no matter what!

MsP: You've done a fantastic job this month, and I bet that the feeling of making good choices and being in control this month is even better than reaching your target number on the scale. Serious kudos to you.

Updated January Weight Loss Goal List

KimL1214: Lose 8 lbs

RoadtoFifty: Lose 8 lbs
LeslieB: Lose 6 lbs
Live Laugh Love: Lose 8.6 lbs
ClaireBear: Lose 10 lbs
miniDoodles: Get to and maintain at 148 lbs
tavvy: Lose 12 lbs
gardenerjoy: Get to 168 lbs or less
loose seal: Get to 162 lbs
GoldfrostDazzlefluff: Get to 154.9 lbs
LIL'JJ: Get to ONEDERLAND
chickadee32: Get into the 140s
omgzitsmiranda: Lose 10 lbs
Floriduh: Lose 6 lbs
CaliforniaDreamer: Lose 13 lbs
AzJade: Lose 5 lbs
mystical: Lose 6 lbs
dandk0204: Lose 15 lbs
brunette8787: Lose 6 lbs
Koshinogi: Lose 7 lbs
ferretgirl: Lose 6 lbs
susiemartin: Get to 265 lbs
Nature Girl: Lose 5 lbs
CANi2012: Lose 8 lbs
bliss3244: Lose 10-15 lbs
tyedyegoddess: Lose 10 lbs
Delphi: Lose 8 lbs
Matilda08: Lose 10 lbs
Bones1928: Lose 10 lbs
ItsMyTurn: Lose 7 lbs
Caramel33: Lose 5 lbs
Jester: Lose 8 lbs
awwtina: Lose 8-10 lbs
KMme: Lose 5 lbs
MsPerception: Lose 8 lbs
Thinsole: Lose 4 lbs
this is for me: Lose 4-5 lbs
stronger4me: Lose 8 lbs
Melokoton: Lose 10-15 lbs
2012slimdown: Lose 7 lbs
GetSkinnyWithMe: Lose 5 lbs
Sherri77: Lose 15 lbs
jessicado22: Fit into snowpants!
NightAngel26: Lose 5 lbs
chickadee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:44 AM   #194  

S/C/G: 310/169/155

Height: 5'5"

Hiya ladies...again a quick checkin. Just got back from the snowshoeing trip and trying to get back into the hang of things. The whole trip was so much fun. Especially having snow pants that fit!!!! THANKS again so much chickadee! I changed my avatar to me in them at the rim of Crater Lake Didn't have time to read the whole list of happenings since I left last Thursday...but hope everyone is doing awesome and I'll do a longer checkin tomorrow.
jessicado22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:31 AM   #195  
~Star~

Woohooo for being red! LOL!!!!

Chickadee, you are too sweet girl! I went and got teary-eyed that someone would offer such a nice thing

Look at all the red names! Even those that didn't make it yet have made amazing progress too Love it!!!!! Have a great day all!