Old 01-19-2012, 11:57 AM   #151  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Jessica - I found fitday harder to navigate - then again, it may have been just my ADHD brain, lol - I also tried another site Sparkspeople, and same thing... love MyFitnessPal though. Great job on the exercise and resisting temptations!!!!

Jester - feel free to add me is you wish to your MFP: StarIsMoving is my screen name there
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:59 AM   #152  
~Star~

As for me - Worked out on the elliptical last night. I did the 25 min workout on the preset program: lower body, Cardio Blast... then after, did another 10 mins going in reverse.. work a different set of muscles and kept my sweat on longer Hoping to get in something tonight too!
Old 01-19-2012, 04:55 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 214/134/129

Height: 5'3"

Thanks ItsMyTurn - I've added you. (I'm JesterMFP on there)
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 05:15 PM   #154  
~Star~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Thanks ItsMyTurn - I've added you. (I'm JesterMFP on there)
Totally added.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:39 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 266/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Hello...

Chickadee- Thanks for adding me in! I'm waiting a bit to go back to the gym but def envy those of you exercising regularly! Also, good to see you again, you've definitely done an amazing job!

Delphi- I want to get some taxes too! I know how you feel....only I've had 4 jobs this year so I'll be waiting a while I bet!

brunette- hey don't feel bad for one day, at least you're willing to work it off! Do you find it hard to weigh in or do you get the urge to step on the scale? I used to do it every day so I get impulsive but am trying to do once a week...

Jessicado-hey thanks for the support...I think I might be able to meet goal....even this late. I know what you mean about drive by drinks...totally wanted a coolatta today keep up the good work!

Jester- I'm going to check out that site....myfitnesspal...I might have checked it out before...I used to use fitday....but have fallen off of tracking for a long time now....do you use for tracking more or for interacting w people?

Ms Perception- long time no chat...I remember you....the choc chip bars were calling huh? yeah we gotta make something for a bake sale at the school too....might have to pray for me! Do you have more or less trouble on grocery day? I find it's harder not to buy the interesting things....

ItsMyTurn- wow special mention for going backward on the elliptical...I've seen people do it and I think I'd fall off!
NightAngel26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 01:08 AM   #156  

S/C/G: 310/169/155

Hiya ladies!

Again today my carbs were really high and although I did better with my fat and protein ratio...my protein was still much lower than I want...so gonna have to check out protein shakes or start eating meat. The funny thing is even though I don't mind eating free range meat, I've been a vegetarian for so long (17+ yrs) that when I tried eating meat a few months ago, the texture grossed me out. Weird I know....

I did sorta bad today diet wise, so that is part of the issue. Went out to eat and I had a portabella sandwich (which was the healthiest thing I could find on the menu). Got home and realized it was around 700 calories after I tried figuring out all the specifics. Also had a glass of lemonade...wasn't until after I ordered it I realized the error of my ways. Guess I could have chosen not to drink it at that point...but I didn't! Still overall about 1600 calories today, which could have been much worse...

Spent 40 minutes on my treadmill (1 1/2 miles ran, 1 1/4 miles walked). So not horrible in the long run today. All I can do is learn and plan to do better tomorrow!

Jester--thanks! If both you and ItsMyTurn like MyFitnessPlan, I guess I'll have to go check it out then! Too tired tonight (just finished my workout, lol) but hopefully tomorrow.

NightAngel26 -- Ha, I totally hear you about obsessively weighing. I have to resist too...although it helps that it is TOM right now, so I don't even want to look at the scale
jessicado22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:10 AM   #157  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

jessicado22: do you want some book recommendations for diet plans that are friendly to vegetarians? I'm sure I could come up with some but I'd have to look through some notes. I hate to see someone forcing themselves to eat meat even though I'm an omnivore!

Yay for the loss RoadtoFifty! Are you keeping a log of your perimenopause symptoms? My ob/gyn suggested that and for some reason it makes me feel better about things. Just noticing what changes over time and that some times are better than others. Plus, when I finally do go a year without a period, I'll know that I did because I will have logged the last one.

I had a very good day yesterday even though it defied my best attempts at planning. And had a nice drop on the scale this morning to reflect my effort!
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:36 AM   #158  

S/C/G: 154/144.6/135

Height: 5'7

Finally, it's Friday!!

Start: 149
Goal: 143

01 - 149
06 - 145.8
13 - 144.6
20 - 143.2
27 -
31 -

Almost there Hope everybody else is on track with their goals!!
brunette8787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:47 AM   #159  
... and a piece of toast.

S/C/G: 170 >:(/152/135

Height: 5'2" <-- well, almost

So I got on the scale yesterday morning and this morning and both days read that I've lost 2 lbs. this week. Really? It's also TOM and I'm nothing short of shocked that the scale even moved. This morning I literally moved the scale all around the bathroom and kept getting on and off of it because I thought it was broken or something.

Here's something I've noticed . . . eating well and not eating junk? I don't feel nearly as bloated as I normally do during TOM. Even my rings feel 'normal'. That just never happens. And I've been off plan as far as water intake goes . . . just being dopey or something but I know I'm not drinking as much as I probably should be.

I'm not changing my ticker or anything until tomorrow . . . because I still think it's a fluke or something . . . but if the number sticks? I'mma going for my original goal of 160 by the end of the month!

Congrats on all the losses . . . RtF whoo hoo!, brunette and ms. p -- you're there I swear! -- and everyone else who's met, or are close to, goal! Let's just keep OP and know that sooner or later it will move that scale down, down, down.
loose seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 12:23 PM   #160  
Just One Day!

S/C/G: 270/ticker/150

Height: 5'6''

Quick drive by again, only .5 from goal!! I'm really gonna push to try to be out 250s by the first but don't want to change my goal and get discouraged of it doesn't happen! Haven't measured but have to go get some smaller shirts tomorrow! Half of mine are so big they advertise my bra far too much!
tavvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 12:48 PM   #161  
~Star~

NightAngel - I like to work the glutes going backwards on elliptical I can't put the RPMs up as high as the footing seems more awkward, but do need a balanced work through

Jessicado - Sorry to hear of the struggle to get the macros balanced out... I know that without the help of my nutritionist I don't think I would have been able to with mine as quickly - dang things, Way to go on the workout though!!! And yes, love MyFitnessPal (MFP).. for logging and for interaction

RoadToFifty - Way to go on your loss!!!! You are totally owning this!!! As for the elliptical, I am always trying to find a way to work as many muscles into my cardio as I can... it just seemed the right next move I use all the muscles on strength training... but honestly in cardio is where they can get some heat working through them to "lean" them a bit and stretch the tendons and such... so I need to have that portion to feel "right" I know... a bit OCD, but... so far it's all working

gardener - Great job on the loss!!! It's always nice when you can see a reward for the work you do!!!

Brunette - You are SO CLOSE to your month goal! Way to go!!!

Loose seal - Congrats on the loss! I am betting it won't show and you can change ticker! Great job!!!

tavvy - you are so close!!!! You got this!

As for me - talked to my mom last night and she is at a stand still too. We have both decided to "up" our cadio this week... either intensity or amount - either would work. As for me - I also have to up my water intake. I was being very deliberate before, but the last couple weeks have only been drinking when thirsty - not working for me. Pedal to the medal!
Old 01-21-2012, 02:58 AM   #162  

S/C/G: 310/169/155

Hey ladies,
quick post as today has been nonstop go. Will check in with everyone tomorrow! No exercise today and even though I felt like I ate enough today, when I sat down and figured out my calories -- it was only a little over 900. So now I don't feel bad about not exercising, and will have to eat a little more tomorrow to average things out! Did get more protein today too, so feel a little better about that. Anyways, will check in better tomorrow -- hope everyone else is doing good!

Last edited by jessicado22; 01-21-2012 at 02:58 AM.
jessicado22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 09:12 AM   #163  
... and a piece of toast.

S/C/G: 170 >:(/152/135

Height: 5'2" <-- well, almost

It stuck! (revised) goal? SCORE!

Am revising my end-of-January goal yet again back to my original goal of 160.
loose seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 09:39 AM   #164  
Just One Day!

S/C/G: 270/ticker/150

Height: 5'6''

Yay!
Passed my January goal as of this morning! <3 Stupid lily slim tickers won't let me put in a weight that is less than my goal so I deleted my January ticker! hoping for another 5 lb loss this coming week so on February 1st I can say I weigh 249.9 lbs or less!! Seems like a lot but I lost 3 lbs this week just calorie cycling with no dieting. I totally got this!!
tavvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:07 AM   #165  

Height: 5' 8" on a good day

I've been MIA because I've been binging again
Woke up this morning and decided to face the music...I weighed myself....
and nearly fell of the scale - 271.4 lbs That's my highest weight in over 15 years. I'm actually shocked - and that saying something because it takes a lot to shock me.
I'm struggling to get back on my program today. I need to change my monthly goal to 265.0 lbs. - instead of "loose 10 lbs."
Hope everyone has a terrific day! I sure am going to try to make the most of mine
susiemartin is offline   Reply With Quote