Old 01-21-2012, 01:22 PM   #166  
... and a piece of toast.

S/C/G: 170 >:(/152/135

Height: 5'2" <-- well, almost

Susie -- oh how I've been there before! It's sooo freakin' hard to just get back into it, isn't it? For me I've found that just literally taking it one day at a time . . . just telling myself that just for today I'll stick to xxx and just do it ... helps a lot. Also when I've been binging and the weight is up it takes me at least 2 weeks before I even see any type of payoff and longer to 'feel' it. Even though I know that sticking to it does owrk, does pay off . . . it's that mental thing that gets me. If I can get my mind in the game that's more than half the battle.

You can do this . . . just for today make a plan and stick to it. Come back and post, even the bad stuff, and talk to others . . . I find that it helps me to keep on track.
loose seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:06 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 310/169/155

Height: 5'5"

Hey ladies,

well -- you've convinced me to join myfitnesspal, and you are so right -- it is WAY better than fitday! I transferred over my info from fitday, and so much of the food items that I had to enter nutrition info manually for on fitday were already available on myfitnesspal...will make things so much easier! I added you ItsMyTurn

ItsMyTurn--hope the extra workouts help! And water....I am in the same boat. It really does make such a difference in weight loss!

RoadtoFifity: Congrats on your loss! And thanks for the advice about my calories. I think I must have the most horrible metabolism ever or something...when I first started trying to lose weight, I dropped to 1500 and over the course of a few months, only saw about a 1/2 lb a week. When I started really working out, I still only saw about 1 pound a week. I know that a pound is better than nothing, but when I was working out for a few hours a day...it was just so hard to stay motivated. It wasn't until I dropped to 1200 that I really started to see results. So now I try to keep it around 1200 - 1500. And then every few weeks I try to throw in a 2000 cal day just to spice things up. And reward myself, lol. SO I really appreciate the concern and totally understand what you are trying to say! I am actually taking it easy right (by my old standards) now by only working out for 30-40 minutes. Figured although I want to lose weight, I don't need to lose it all overnight, so I sat down and figured out my goals, weight to lose, etc and figured if I can lose about 12 pounds a month I will be ecstatic. I know 12 pounds a month is high to some people, but I figure at my weight it is doable. Plus I have a freaking wedding dress I need to wear this summer! I bought it two years ago and now I can't fit into it. Even closely. We're finally setting a day... (been engaged for about 5 years now), and I really, really, really want to fit into it.

Gardenerjoy--thanks for the offer. I actually debated it out, and then decided to order some protein shake powder. Protein didn't used to be an issue even though I'm vegetarian, because I used to eat so many soy products. But since I cut out soy, it is a lot harder to do. I don't mind a little soy, but I need to avoid large quantities of it. So anyways, the protein powder got really good reviews, is mostly soy free and is sweetened with stevia, so I'll give it a go! Also went to the store today and forced myself to buy a bunch of premade food (Lean Cuisine, Amy's, etc) that was in my calorie range. I never buy premade food, and then when I get hungry and don't feel like cooking or am in a hurry -- so easy to turn to pizza or whatnot. I also found some really neat protein bars today so I can bring them with me when I am on the go too. So hopefully that will all help!

Anyways, congrats on your loss (got kinda sidetracked on the protein, lol).

Loose Seal -- congrats on your loss too! I completely agree about sticking to it and one day at a time. I have the tendency to binge, and then figure well -- I already cheated. One more time won't hurt before I go back on plan...and then that continues until I have gained 50 pounds. So realizing that and sticking to it one day at a time really works.

Tavvy -- congrats!! Being under 250 is such a milestone and you're so close! You can totally do it

SusieMartin -- Binging happens to everyone, but you've made the first step of getting back on here! I've been MIA for two years, lol - so I know what I'm talking about sad to say! So much easier to stay motivated with support

As for me...not much new. I can fit into the snow pants (yay) and I dropped a few pounds since last weigh in....however I am incredibly bummed after today. Realized that the snow pants weren't insulated and I would need to be able to fit a few layers underneath. That isn't going to happen by next week, so went out shopping today looking for snow pants. Went to about 5 stores who didn't carry 2X pants (one store didn't even carry anything above a large....how snobby!!!!!), and then the pair I found at Cabella's that were a 2X didn't fit. Found a pair at REI that did fit (yay), but are $110 (boo). I just had gallbladder surgery last month, without insurance, and am now about $80 grand in debt...so hard to justify spending that much on a pair of pants I'll wear once when I have so many doctors I owe money too. But out of options otherwise...we already have our reservations and I can't really go pantsless! It was just so depressing to go to all of those stores and not find anything in my size, and then have the few things I did try be too small. my fiance even brought me a man's 3X and I felt so embarrassed telling him the butt was still too small. I have a really big butt, and men's pants never fit, unless the waist is completely huge. So I have to stick to women's clothing that is actually made for someone with a rear. Anyways, I'm rambling! I guess overall, I should be happy I at least found a pair that did fit finally, and I am a few pounds lighter and back on track
jessicado22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:38 AM   #168  

Height: 5' 8" on a good day

Thanks everyone for the support
Yesterday was almost 100% OP - hopefully today will be too.
Have a good one!
susiemartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 02:30 PM   #169  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

Jester: Recording my food intake religiously has helped me enormously - it forces me to be completely honest with myself. I think it's awesome that you joined myfitnesspal, and you're doing a fantastic job this month! I can't wait to see you reach your monthly goal this week!!

MsP: CONGRATULATIONS on hitting your January goal!!!! I made you RED below!! Post-pizza party, I know you can keep it off through the end of the month.

NightAngel: Thank you! It's good to see you again too. It can be tough to get into a regular exercise routine, but in the meantime maybe just try adding in little bits of additional activity where you can. I love seeing the additional calorie burn I get just from making an extra stop at the grocery store, or spending all evening catching up on the laundry, etc. Every little bit helps!

jessica: You met your goal this month!!! Be super proud of that! You are RED below! You're doing a great job, and I'm so impressed by your commitment to making changes to lose the weight. On the snowpants issue - I know exactly what you mean about the frustration of not being able to find ones the fit, and how much it sucks to spend a boatload of money on something you're only going to wear once! But I might have a solution. When do you have the event you'll be wearing them to? I still have a pair that I bought to wear skiing before I began losing weight, and I'd be more than happy to mail them to you. They are black, Columbia brand size 2X and are insulated - I just wore a pair of long underwear beneath them. If they fit, you could take back the pair that you bought and save yourself the $$! I only wore them a few times in a single week, and the same with the long underwear if you're interested in those as well (black, Duofold size XL, and they were tight but they're meant to be and they stretch a lot). If you're interested, just send me a message with your address and I'll put them in the mail to you. If they don't fit, you can just donate them (that's what I was going to do with them, I just hadn't gotten around to it yet). Let me know!

brunette: SO CLOSE!! I can't wait to see your next weigh-in!

loose seal: WAY TO GO!!!!!! I am THRILLED for you, and turned you RED below!!! And I love reading that you're feeling so much better this cycle because of the better eating - these are the benefits to what we're doing to achieve the weight loss that can't be tracked on a scale, and they contribute to the motivation to continue these healthy changes. I LOVE feeling better when I'm eating better - I swear it makes such a difference in my quality of life.

RoadtoFifty: NICE loss this week, on top of already hitting your goal! And thank you very much for the support. The stall was definitely due to the BCP I had started as part of the current IVF cycle - I've had to go on and off BCP several times over the past six months, and each time I've started it I have seen a multi-week stall. Pretty predictable though - I took the last BCP on Saturday night, and on Thursday my weight began dropping, and I've shed more than 5 lbs now since the beginning of the week. I'm still holding on to about 2.5 lbs of water I think (by my tracking numbers), but it's nice to finally see my efforts showing up! Even though I know the reason I stall, it still frustrates me sometimes.

tavvy: YAY!!!!!! Congratulations on hitting your goal!! Holy cow, everyone is doing an amazing job this month - I am so proud of you and everyone else who is really fighting to realize their goals! I have turned you RED below. We'll be rooting for the 240s for you!!

ItsMyTurn: I am with you and loose seal on needing to up my water intake again. Some days I've been good, but other days I've really slacked on that front. I'm going to pledge to really focus on it this week.

susie: It can be such a struggle to change our behaviors and treat ourselves the way we know we should. I know you can do this, and we are here to listen and do what we can to help. Good for you for getting on the scale and getting back here to keep fighting.

Updated January Weight Loss Goal List

KimL1214: Lose 8 lbs

RoadtoFifty: Lose 8 lbs
LeslieB: Lose 6 lbs
Live Laugh Love: Lose 8.6 lbs
ClaireBear: Lose 10 lbs
miniDoodles: Get to and maintain at 148 lbs
tavvy: Lose 12 lbs
gardenerjoy: Get to 168 lbs or less
loose seal: Get to 162 lbs
GoldfrostDazzlefluff: Get to 154.9 lbs
LIL'JJ: Get to ONEDERLAND
chickadee32: Get into the 140s
omgzitsmiranda: Lose 10 lbs
Floriduh: Lose 6 lbs
CaliforniaDreamer: Lose 13 lbs
AzJade: Lose 5 lbs
mystical: Lose 6 lbs
dandk0204: Lose 15 lbs
brunette8787: Lose 6 lbs
Koshinogi: Lose 7 lbs
ferretgirl: Lose 6 lbs
susiemartin: Get to 265 lbs
Nature Girl: Lose 5 lbs
CANi2012: Lose 8 lbs
bliss3244: Lose 10-15 lbs
tyedyegoddess: Lose 10 lbs
Delphi: Lose 8 lbs
Matilda08: Lose 10 lbs
Bones1928: Lose 10 lbs
ItsMyTurn: Lose 7 lbs
Caramel33: Lose 5 lbs
Jester: Lose 8 lbs
awwtina: Lose 8-10 lbs
KMme: Lose 5 lbs
MsPerception: Lose 8 lbs
Thinsole: Lose 4 lbs
this is for me: Lose 4-5 lbs
stronger4me: Lose 8 lbs
Melokoton: Lose 10-15 lbs
2012slimdown: Lose 7 lbs
GetSkinnyWithMe: Lose 5 lbs
Sherri77: Lose 15 lbs
jessicado22: Fit into snowpants!
NightAngel26: Lose 5 lbs

Look at all that RED!!

Last edited by chickadee32; 01-22-2012 at 02:32 PM.
chickadee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:11 AM   #170  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Man am I behind. Well TOM hit today so I'm up a few pounds and seeing as I do not level off until nearly a week afterwards, I do not know if I will hit my goal for the month. Really, I'm good though. I have had a steady loss and regardless what Darth Scale says, I'm proud of the progress. I will try to keep up better with this thread so i do not get so far behind. I work on a PC all day, so when I am off on the weekends, I try to stay as far away as possible from this thing. In any case, you ladies have a great day.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:25 AM   #171  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Hello Everyone!!!! I haven't been posting much but Ive been lurking during work lol Ive been so busy with work and family I havent fallen off the wagon I weighed in at 243.4 today down from 249. Hoping to reach my goal this month!

I hope all is well!
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:36 PM   #172  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Chickadee, RoadtoFifty - We are all in the boat of upping water then, good... support support support!!!! Sounds like an easy thing until you actually TRY TO DO IT, My scale didn't move this week either... so tired of seeing the same numbers - but - it's better than going up, and I am hoping my plan will bring lower numbers next Sunday. There is still hope of me making goal dang it! LOL! I have yet to hit a monthly goal I set up on Chickadee's threads...so this is going to be my firstI have a week and a day to get there - not impossible to do :P

Congrats to all the ones in red!!! Super awesome group!!!!
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:51 PM   #173  

Hiya ladies, another quick checkin since I've been on the road since yesterday. Did really good until today when I ordered some eggplant at a restaurant I hadn't been too in a few years, thinking from memory it was just plain eggplant in sauce, and got back into the car to realize it was deep fried eggplant in sauce. So crap. Ate it anyways (but skipped the white rice it came with) and am skipping dinner (it was a really late lunch to begin with) and hoping I didn't go too much over calorie wise. Back on track tomorrow! So much easier at home....
Hope everyone else is doing great
Old 01-24-2012, 03:41 PM   #174  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Did a quick read through everyone's posts. Wish I could've taken more time, but there's so much to do today.
I did end up back up about 1.5 pounds, but today has been OP, so it should be gone soon.
Keep up the great work ladies!
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:30 PM   #175  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

RoadtoFifty - I really like daily weighing, even when I don't like the number I see on the scale. I think watching and tracking daily weights can be really useful in helping to understand your own personal weight loss patterns. It helps to keep me from getting too frustrated when the scale is up - if I can understand why, then I can look forward to getting past it. I hope it's helpful for you this cycle!

ItsMyTurn - I am really rooting for you this month!!! I know you're working for it day in and day out, it's just so hard to get our bodies to cooperate sometimes!

Matilda - Great job!!

Delphi - Your attitude is a great one. You know that weight will come off when it normally does, and so it's very worth it to keep at it in the meantime. I am like ItsMyTurn - there have been a LOT of months when I haven't met my goal, despite setting a reasonable one and working my tail off to get there. It's continuing to fight that counts the most!

Well, I think I spoke too soon on the water finally dropping off. The scale went down and hit a low on Sunday, but I've been giving myself estrogen injections and now it seems to be going back up! It's frustrating as I should have hit my goal already this month (according to my food log and bodybugg numbers), and yet the scale this morning showed a net loss of 0.9 lbs so far this month. Awesome. Oh well, it is what it is and I can't control it, all I can do is keep going!

Last edited by chickadee32; 01-24-2012 at 11:31 PM.
chickadee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:20 AM   #176  

Good morning all

Things good here - still trying for 100% OP. I'm down 3lbs. - 268.0.
Hopefully I'll make my January goal -265.0.
Hope your day is a good one!
Old 01-25-2012, 01:53 PM   #177  

Hiya ladies! Finally some time for a real check in. Spent two days at my parents, and then yesterday trying to play catchup.

Yesterday was SO HARD diet wise. I think it is because I had that fried eggplant the day before, it must have set off my cravings. I felt myself starting to quit....I'd go to the kitchen with intentions of leaving with something not good...but then I compromised and had airpopped popcorn instead. Sure, a little carb heavy -- but not the same as pizza or ice cream! Then when it got really bad, I went to myfitnessplan and entered all my info. At the end of the day it was 1650 calories (which works just fine for me with how I was feeling!), and then I went for a run on the treadmill. Felt so much better afterwards and back on track. Being gone for those two days I didn't get a chance to go do my normal exercise routine, and it is so easy for me to lose routine and motivation! So feeling MUCH better today, and I can already tell the cravings aren't as bad today. Amazing how that works -- avoid crappy food and you don't want it as much!

chickadee32 -- thanks so much for the motivation (is nice to see my name in red after so long!), and for the snow pants! I am so excited! I am going on a snowshoeing trip to Crater Lake for a few days with the Wounded Warrior Project (my fiance is an OIF vet). A little nervous I won't be able to keep up on the treck...but figure I'll fake it till I make it As long as we don't go up hills, I should be fine, lol. But having nice pants to wear is already making me feel way less stressed!!! I was actually considering not going at one point, so thanks again

Congrats to everyone else who made their goals too! Woohoo!

Matilda08 and susiemartin -- WTG on the loss!

Itsmyturn -- I'm in the upping water boat too. In fact seeing your post reminded me to go fill up my water bottle! Support is awesome and the more the better!
Old 01-25-2012, 03:46 PM   #178  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

chickadee - I sure appreciate having you in my cheering corner The sad part is I am not far away from the goal, but for me it seems to always leave me short, I think your scale going back up is simply a companion of the estrogen?

susie - Great job!

Jessica - I too could use all the support I can get Which is why I offer it up so freely - if I get even a percentage of it back, I will be in good shape :P How is your water going today? My stalled out a bit around noon, so trying to shove it to me now. My DD is in surgery right now and my DH emailed me that were a couple complications.... the worry made it so I totally forgot about water, protocol at work, etc. All I want to hear is she is out, through recovery, and all is well... but... in the meantime...the complications were cleared, so I am drinking my water
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:33 AM   #179  

S/C/G: 251/235/sgw 220/lgw 150

One pound away from my goal--very excited! Drinking water definitely helps. I try to get in half my weight in ounces each day, but it's tough. I'm always running to the bathroom. But i have to say, it really works! I've lost 7 lbs in exactly 3 weeks, which amounts to the most consistently weekly loss in 3 years for me. I usually fluctuate a lot.
stronger4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:22 AM   #180  

Down another pound - 267.0
Hope your day is a good one!