Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 02:04 AM   #466  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

Envelope Glad to hear you can complete your 1/2 marathon and I can't wait to hear how it goes. Fingers crossed that you have enough to time recover before your 10K

KittyKat - I don't know what is going on but I hope everything is okay. You made me think of a quote "'If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution'. I admire that you are in control and won't be sidetracked.

I went to my first spin class every today...and I loved it! I wish my gym had them more often. After spin I swam for 20 mins (I want my money out of this membership). I am hoping exercise is just what I need to get the scale moving faster again. But if not I just love the way it is making me feel
Old 09-08-2011, 03:29 AM   #467  
Baby bump to hot mama!

S/C/G: 250/208.6/150

Height: 5'7

Just checking in to say hey hey. Movers come to pack up our stuff tomorrow. I don't know if they're taking it away tomorrow or Friday. Hubby had his huge test, so now he is almost in the "real" Army. After 7 more months of training (make that 2.5 years of training before he gets to even start his job!) Not thinking about fitness/diet... don't stone me. I'm not off the wagon yet, just holding on to the tow hitch for dear life. Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:57 AM   #468  

S/C/G: 166/163.6/145

Height: 5'4"

Couldn't post yesterday...damn work rules. I'm in for BOOM SHACKA LACKA. Did get 1.5 hrs at gym this am, so I can add 3 more miles. This weekend I'll spend time getting more acquainted with the platoon, just so glad to have no more excuses.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:09 AM   #469  
Living the Life

Morning is here and it wants your sweat!

Odd thought, but true.

Envelope-Glad you got cleared for the Half! And yes, ditch IE and never look back!

Reso-Mama said there'll be days like this,
There'll be days like this Mama said
(Mama said, mama said)

(Sucky days need music to help us move past them)

Haha, that's right.

Last edited by Cheshirecat; 09-08-2011 at 07:10 AM.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:54 AM   #470  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

BOOYAH!!!! IT'S SEXY BEAST DAY!

Thanks Chesh...never would've guessed that would be the morning motivation.

Reso--Sarge is gonna confess...I read your post and thought we were having the same suck-tastic day. Don't know why but every now and then just completely off my game...no exercise (Yes, I confess!!!), ate too much (Yes, I confess!), and physically and emotionally exhausted. Unlike you, didn't even want to "make a note of it"... fortunately the sun came out on a new day!

Chick -- You know Sarge so well! Yup, don't care if people weigh in daily, it CAN be motivating, but HATE the obsessing and fretting over a fraction of on ounce and such.

HOOORAH and a Red Dwarf Salute to those already completing Boom-Shacka-Lacka!

Envelope -- Great news and good luck on your race this weekend!!!

Rainbow -- Glad your move went smoothly. Sarge is still trying to wash hug cooties off...

Fitizens--Let's make sure we keep those Top 10 spots in the platoon!!!! We've got something like 42 people in our group on Fitocracy and I don't know half of 'em!

Alright platoon.... saddle up... time for work, chores, workouts, and life outside the computer... left, left, left, right, left ....

Old 09-08-2011, 08:22 AM   #471  
One man would not fall...

S/C/G: 400/223/190

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshirecat View Post
Morning is here and it wants your sweat!

Odd thought, but true.

Envelope-Glad you got cleared for the Half! And yes, ditch IE and never look back!

Reso-Mama said there'll be days like this,
There'll be days like this Mama said
(Mama said, mama said)

(Sucky days need music to help us move past them)

Haha, that's right.
HAha, thanks Chesire, that really cheered me up singing that in my head this A.M.

Jaytee : Yeah, i typically try to hide bad days, still people should know not everyday is some flawless effort.

Gonna work hard to be better today, i'll see everybody later.

Last edited by Resolute; 09-08-2011 at 08:23 AM.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:33 AM   #472  

S/C/G: 222/156.0/145

Height: 5'7''

Morning Platoon,

Skipping the gym this morning because I've been vomiting since about 6 am. I'm not sure if I am sick or if it is something I ate, but I'll get back to it tomorrow. Though, I still plan on completing BOOM SHACKA LACKA today anyway. I'll just get up in the middle of a set if I have to run to the restroom.

I agree on the daily weighing. I don't weigh daily, but I do weigh more than once a week. Sometimes on days when I don't feel like going to the gym, I'll weigh myself. If I like the number, it makes me want to further my progress and hit the gym, and if I don't like the number, it spurs me to get my BUTT-er to the gym! Win-win.

SewWhat -- You really do need an entire weekend to get to know the whole platoon. I've been here for a while now and I am still trying to keep up with everyone!

Chickadee -- You really do look great in that picture. And I think your friends are very pretty, also, but I don't think you look like the biggest in the group. I think maybe that's just in your head!

Reso -- You look great, also. But I'm sure you know this by now.

Josey -- I have been a little slack on my running this week, but it's because my toes kept going numb when I would run, so I went to a running shoe store and they were like "Holy cow! How have you been running in these? They are borderline dangerous to run in!" (Bought them off Amazon under the guise of them being running shoes.) So I ordered some special for me from their store (my knees hyper-extend and it gives me a weird running pattern) and they should be here Monday. At that point, I'm going to start running outside instead of at the gym. How are you doing with it? I also don't really like the b210k workouts. I can already run for 60 minutes without stopping, so it seems silly to be working to that point. I am going to see how running outside is, though, because the people at the running store told me I may need to redo c25k running outside because of how different it is than running on the treadmill. I hope I don't, though.

Rated -- Glad to see that you're realizing how easy it is to work out and go to school simultaneously! Spin classes are so big right now! I'm surprised they don't have them every day! Swimming is fantastic exercise, though. I wish my gym had a pool.

KittyKat -- Glad to see you back, hope all is going well!

Sarge -- It is good to know that even Sarge OCCASIONALLY has an off day. Really. I had an off day this weekend, for the first time since I started this, and it had me really worried and questioning my focus. I got right back to it, so it didn't at all derail me or my progress.

Envelope -- Congrats on being cleared to run! Please be careful, though.

Dreamer -- I laughed aloud when I read "Dreamer out."

Have a great day everybody! Only one more day till the weekend again!
Old 09-08-2011, 08:37 AM   #473  
gecko girl

S/C/G: 306/288.8/150

Height: 5' 5.5"

Talking Boom shocked my lacka and kicked it to!

Hey Chicks,

Such inspiring messages on this site. It's great to see the effort everyone makes. I completelty understand the struggles as well.

One of the suggestions from my friend Marty was to walk to reduce stress after very long bad days. One of the biggest challenges that he asked me to do was to do it when I came home and I was comletely exhausted. No veggie in the arm chair, move my butt. I did it, was cussing at the beginning but felt so great at the end. I was calm, relaxed, and slept like a baby that night.

So when your thinking about exercising for your physical health, keep in mind if you work in high stress jobs, it will help your mental health. Keeping your mind and heart happy will help your body to be happy.

Jeanettey, your boom shack a lacka is a butt kicker, but I look forward to the challenge.

Sarge, boots are getting dirty now. Thanks for the inspiration.

Everyone else, Keep it moving!
Old 09-08-2011, 09:01 AM   #474  
gecko girl

S/C/G: 306/288.8/150

Height: 5' 5.5"

Note to Peaunut: Love your slogan, "There's no such thing as failure". It is such a true statement. Plan on posting it in my worspace as an inspirational reminder!
Old 09-08-2011, 09:14 AM   #475  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

Just a quickie to touch on the issue of bad days.....I like it when we share that these things happen to all of us. I think it's encouraging to see that someone as driven and determined as Sarge can still have a funky day....but that the next day is new and fresh and back on track. It's not all sunshine and roses up in here, but the idea of "no excuses" remains constant, even in the funky days.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:18 AM   #476  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

@Anon - haven't been running since Thursday last week. I am still sick not sure what is wrong. Started out like a stomach bug but still feeling like crap. Might have to go and see a doc. Sigh.

Glad to see that the overachievers here have bad days.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:45 AM   #477  
Bonettey

S/C/G: 384/375/150

Height: 5' 11"

Good morning platoon,

I am totaly in on Sexy Beast day.

Boom Shacka Lackers - Break up the challenge any way you need to to complete it. Just remember the goal is to challenge yourself without injury.

Now let's get shackin it boomers!!!

Look out world this sexy beast is headed out.

Last edited by Jeanettey; 09-08-2011 at 10:46 AM.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:51 AM   #478  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

Height: 5' 4.5"

SEXY BEAST DAY

GET YOUR SEXY ON!!!

Cheshire: Will definitely have to think about what "Sexy Beast" I am . . . LOLOL Oh and if "Mama said, Mama said" is stuck in my head right now . . .

If we are what we eat, then I must be FRUIT-y . . .

Jeanettey -
50 LUNGES - 12 lb weights
50 PUSH UPS
50 CRUNCHES (in addition to my "regular" ones)
50 BUTTER BURNERS
50 CALF RAISES - 12 lb weights

OK, not a lot of time today, so I'm off to LIVE LIFE . . . good or bad . . . WE JUST KEEP ON GOING . . .
Old 09-08-2011, 01:14 PM   #479  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

BoomshackalackaBOOM!

Challenge complete. I was at the gym and I could not remember for the life of me what the challenge all was. I knew it was 5 exercises x 50 and I had 4 of them done and came home to look up the 5th and do it at home. Just because I couldnt remember lunges doesnt mean they are my least favorite exercise in the whole planet. Really.

Pushups I had actually 95 in different configurations. I demonstrated cartwheels to my kids a few days ago and strained my neck. Hopefully when that fully heals I'll be closer to my old numbers on pushups.

On the weighing topic. I am a "most days" weigher - sometimes I forget to weigh before my second cup of coffee. For me i find that (like this week) if I dont weigh several days in a row my eating starts to slip. It's like the morning 10 second meditation that sets my purpose for the day. It really doesnt matter what the number is - some days I dont even record it. But if I skip weighing its usually a sign that I am starting to avoid.

Last edited by ennay; 09-08-2011 at 01:16 PM.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:31 PM   #480  

S/C/G: 208/203/140

Height: 5' 5"

Reporting in on yesterday's workouts:

AM - turbo fire Hiit and toning
PM - 3 mile walk - Completed
AND
BOOM SHACK A LACKA LACKA challenge - Completed!

50 LUNGES
50 PUSH UPS
50 CRUNCHES
50 BUTTER BURNERS
50 CALVE LIFTS

Hubs got me a hr monitor last week so I'm having fun playing with that and tracking calories burned with different workouts. Anyone else using a hr monitor?

I'm adjusting my calories now that I see how much I'm burning which is more than I thought. My goal is a 500-600 calorie deficit to get the 1 lb a week loss. According to the numbers I'm getting, that means I have to eat more. Trying to figure that out today.

Thanks to all for posting about your tough days. It's nice to know that everyone has them. The challenge is to not let the "tough day" turn into a "tough week" which then in the past for me has turned into a "tough 4 years". Definitely taking this 1 day at a time.

No morning workout for me today, but plan on doubling up this evening.
Closed Thread