Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 11:51 PM   #391  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamerican View Post
Ennay: My shoes are alright. I overpronate and have really flat feet, but I just have to deal with that. My tightness normally happens about the first 15 min of my run. TOday it eased up toward the end. When I go up stairs my calves are sore too. Your feet exercises sound helpful. I will try those!

Peanut: You probably have it right on. NOw that you say it, I havent been hydrating as much as I have in weeks prior. I guess I didnt know they could go hand in hand.

THANKS!
It sounds like it is more muscular than tendon which is good. You may also want to look at what you do on the OFF days. Make sure you have adequate walking/activity on the days you dont run to flush things through and out. Most of it is probably good old fashioned muscle soreness and is not usually something to worry about.

Oh also...do you run outside or on a treadmill? Sometimes treadmills can be too repetitive in incline and pace.

Last edited by ennay; 09-06-2011 at 12:01 AM.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:03 AM   #392  
gecko girl

S/C/G: 306/288.8/150

Height: 5' 5.5"

Hey Sarge, I feel like going for a walk. I noticed ya all are trekking around the world and swimming across the ocean. So to help ya all out I would like to add my walking (daily on the treadmill and steps at work).

Note to Anon, At the end of the week, please add me to your spreadsheet. Thanks! Won't be offended if you wait to add me to ensure I stick around. Ü

You've got to move it, move it!
Old 09-06-2011, 12:29 AM   #393  

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchey View Post
I'm working through my mistakes with one I just purchased recently. I purchased an Omron multi-day programmable one. I programmed in the pace measurement. I found & corrected one mistake I made with setting the time (had pm instead of a.m.). It seemed a bit conservative recording my walk in the park yesterday. I walked for over an hour and it only recorded 2 miles. Maybe I'm a lot slower than I thought.
Are you sure your stride length is correct? That's how it's calculating your mileage. It's just adding up the inches per step, multiplied by how many steps you take. I have an Omron, and I'm pretty impressed with the accuracy. To get the most accurate measurement, it says to walk 10 paces, measure that, and divide by 10. Then you get a nice average of all your short and extra-long strides. Mine's 31, and I've compared it to the distance I get on walks with the apps on my phone that measure distance via GPS, and walks/jogs I've done on the treadmill, and it's pretty dead-on.

Last edited by Brown; 09-06-2011 at 12:31 AM. Reason: English mine little bit not so good.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:36 AM   #394  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

tate!!

Last edited by SMSDREAMER2007; 09-06-2011 at 02:47 AM.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:08 AM   #395  

Also, anyone with a ticker suddenly not able to just click on it in any post, and have it take you to the edit page? Mine no longer seems to be a link. :-/

Last edited by Brown; 09-06-2011 at 01:09 AM.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:58 AM   #396  
Tactless but Honest :)

S/C/G: 188/178.6/140

Height: 5'4''

Morning Platoon!

Just checking in this morning while I enjoy a few minutes of silence (in my own house, who would have thought). I spent 4 hours cleaning my house yesterday plus my run so I'm not sure if that coults as exercise but I sure was pooped when I was done.

Been slowly reading all the black ops comments, I like the idea of a consistent losing vs % BUT thats just me.

Anyway, off the wake the kiddies. Happy losing today!
Old 09-06-2011, 07:15 AM   #397  
Living the Life

Good Morning

Oh, wonderful short work week. How nice of you to come.

Sarge: Add me to the convert Black Ops too.

Time to get moving Platoon. Have to get ready to kick some butt-er BL style next week.

iAmerican: Just to add, when I was in my first year of running my calves were just about always sore. I stretched. Did the Alphabet exercises Ennay mentioned. Did calf raises to help strengthen those muscles. Tried to concentrate on using my quads to move my legs since part of it might have been my stride. I was pretty much shuffling when I first started out so that probably put more work on my calves.

But good news it eventually it went away.

http://d30opm7hsgivgh.cloudfront.net...wQqUBpXF_c.jpg

We can do this!
Old 09-06-2011, 07:36 AM   #398  

Height: 5' 8"

Just a quick post, be back tonight to catch up with everyone.

Count me in for BLACK OPS Sarge!

Chesh - Thank you for sharing your race story! Loved reading it.

Chickadee - You look FAB!!!
Old 09-06-2011, 07:43 AM   #399  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

Morning Troops!

Welcome Tate! We'd love to have more miles added to our trek but remember, our miles are supposed to come from "intentional" exercise. We don't necessarily count miles that come from our daily routines...only miles we go out of our way to earn based on intentional workouts. Not a biggie, just wanted to mention that for other newcomers to the group as well.

Sarge is on the road much of this week following daughter's volleyball matches but remember, he's ALWAYS watching!

IT'S A SHORT WEEK BUT WE PLEDGED 32.7lbs! SO LET'S GET TO IT!!!!

Old 09-06-2011, 08:27 AM   #400  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Sarge - Please COUNT ME IN for the Black Ops team!! I am finally over my bronchitis and able to breathe without steroids or nebulizer treatments!! My bad back has been stiff for the past couple days and that, plus weight gain, tells me that I have to get MOVING.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:59 AM   #401  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

Diyana--Added you to the Black Op list...

Jeanettey and others--will do some pondering on drive today on challenge rules...but don't want to get caught up in a lot of unnecessary red tape.

Quick shout out to all you "Luscious By Labor Day" competitors... Sarge just finished reading the last page of posts on that thread and had a good chuckle. Yup, only those with a stick-to-it attitude are platoon worthy!
Old 09-06-2011, 09:27 AM   #402  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

Height: 5' 4.5"

LOTS-O-WIN

So many pages and I doubt I can do personals for everyone.

Cheshire: Congrats on the race . . . LOVE the T-shirt and the Medal

Reso: Glad to see the Funk-B-Gone has finally kicked in . . . GREAT PICS

diyana: Glad you're feeling better . . . NOW MOVE IT!!! LOLOLOLOL

Tate: Oh RATS . . . there is another new recruit . . . well to you too!!!

CONGRATULATIONS to all the Losers.

It's a short week and we still need to lose that weight . . . so get up off your HOLIDAY BUTT-ERS AND DO IT!!!

Later troops
Old 09-06-2011, 09:33 AM   #403  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown View Post
Are you sure your stride length is correct? That's how it's calculating your mileage. It's just adding up the inches per step, multiplied by how many steps you take. I have an Omron, and I'm pretty impressed with the accuracy. To get the most accurate measurement, it says to walk 10 paces, measure that, and divide by 10. Then you get a nice average of all your short and extra-long strides. Mine's 31, and I've compared it to the distance I get on walks with the apps on my phone that measure distance via GPS, and walks/jogs I've done on the treadmill, and it's pretty dead-on.
BROWN:
Thanks for your input on the Omron Pedo. I think my biggest problem was my time entry - had PM when it was AM. I believe I had my stride in ok ,2.01 (21). The Mode versus Memo buttons had me somewhat confused, but I believe I conquerd that finally. I went for a walk early this morning and got a reasonable reading.

Are you sinking yours on the computer? If so, are you using the Omron software of something else? (Saw some notes about 3rd party software)

Munchey
Old 09-06-2011, 10:04 AM   #404  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

42 really is the answer to life, universe and everything. I noticed yesterday for the first time in MONTHS my funk was lifted and I had energy and spring in my step. I also noticed that I had 42 running miles for the previous 7 days.

42 miles is my prozac dosage. I need to remember that.

Last edited by ennay; 09-06-2011 at 10:05 AM.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:11 AM   #405  

S/C/G: 252/225/180

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennay View Post
42 really is the answer to life, universe and everything. I noticed yesterday for the first time in MONTHS my funk was lifted and I had energy and spring in my step. I also noticed that I had 42 running miles for the previous 7 days.

42 miles is my prozac dosage. I need to remember that.
Love it!--I will need to take that into consideration <G>.
Closed Thread