Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 11:48 PM   #436  
One man would not fall...

S/C/G: 400/223/190

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadamButterfly View Post

DARYL AND DAREL

This is my brother daryl and this is my other brother darel . . . LOLOLOLOL So funny in my own head

EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT EVENING

AND WELCOME TO ALL THE NEW RECRUITS . . .
Oh my GOD no, not that again, had to endure that for many many years, don't want to see it come back again.

Nice to see you though MadameB.

Have been trying to cut back a bit on exercise lately to tell you the truth, just did 6.2 miles walking again today after work, weight dropped down to 187 at weigh in tonight so maybe easing off will show some benefits, well that and i didn't eat a ton, have to tailor intake with expenditure, working to mantain a slight deficit still.

pokey : Hi Rachel, hope you had a nice trip, gald to see you around again, hope life is treating you fine.

Last edited by Resolute; 09-06-2011 at 11:50 PM.
Old 09-07-2011, 01:27 AM   #437  
Kandie Apple Sundae

S/C/G: 225/180/150

Height: 5 foot 2

WOO.. Who is winning! I AM!

I bought myself a new pair of Nike Free runs. Some brightly colored socks to go with them and a couple shirts in SIZE SMALL!!! Got a cute Medium Fleece pull over that match my shoes.

Got my c25k completed for the evening. PLUS an extra 30 minutes I was feelin so good!
The Arms Challenge done
200 Crunches!
Where's that Boom Shaka lacka!
Old 09-07-2011, 02:08 AM   #438  

Height: 5'5"

HHGTTG all up in here. You guys are all dorks.

Bring on the Boom Shacka Lacka! It's the one time I get Bill Murray as my personal trainer (in my own head).

Just a quick check-in. I've picked up some extra work through my mom this week, so I'm trying to fit in seeing friends again after being gone, work, and working out. It's a rough life I have, I know Only 2 more weeks before school starts again and I return to my daily battle with study snacking.

Got in a REALLY good long hike today, and along with good nutrition it made for a very pleasant day in general. I ran into both my roommate and some friends in the woods on my way back. Ever have one of those days where you just feel like you should've played the lottery?

Anyway, re: black ops I like the ideas of multiple strikes and an advantage for completing a weekly challenge. I also like the idea of eliminations, but maybe only if you strike out twice and also lose less than BL%. I think that might help guard against elimination due to one bad week and provide incentive for improvement.

josey, I like myfitnesspal. I'm always over the protein intake too, but on purpose. You can also tailor your daily % goals in your preferences.

iamerican, I keep paper cups with water frozen in them in the freezer. You can peel off the bottom of the cup and hold onto the top and viola, instant ice massage. It's great for sore, inflamed calves.

SewWhat, Darel and Tate, welcome

Chesh, awesome medal! Sounds like it was a great race.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:12 AM   #439  
Living the Life

Good Morning Troops

Welcome to our newbies! We are such a friendly place.

Random Thought:
I was just finishing of Alice in Wonderland last night and picturing us all romping around in Wonderland. We would fit in so nicely!

Okay, go get them Troops. Whatever your motivation for being here. Whether you want to lose weight, fit in that dress, wear short-shorts (I know you do Reso), run down the Kenyans, be the top of the Fitocracy Board and ruler of all....or if you are like me:

Haha.

Okay, go! Or it's off with your head!
Old 09-07-2011, 07:19 AM   #440  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

Just a quick check-in before work this morning. I've got my lunch packed and food for the rest of the day planned, and am looking forward to another longer session at the gym tonight. I'm working toward a secret goal mid-month and am really determined to give it my all and get as close as I can.

kittkat and Darel - Welcome to the platoon!!

Anon - I too was excited to see another man around, lol.

iamerican - I just track total calories, not net calories. I don't "eat back" any of what I exercise, but then again I exercise at a moderate (rather than intense) level. On most days I probably burn 300-400 calories per workout, depending on what I'm doing. If I were someone who ran or worked out more intensely, I'd need to eat more on the days I burned a lot (or up my calorie range across the board).

jeanettey - I'm excited to hear about your race! Even though the movement is different with walking vs. running, the running you've been doing will definitely have helped improve your endurance. I don't think you'll have any problem completing the 3 miles.

envelope - How are you feeling?? I was very worried when I read your posts, but was very glad you didn't need emergency surgery. Please give us an update when you have a chance.

Thank you, everyone, for the really nice comments on the photo. It's not a good photo or a flattering one, but as rmc said, it's just SO NICE for a change to not run away from the camera or try to position myself so that I'm hidden behind people in photos. I'm starting to look like everyone else, and that feels so good.

OK, off to work. Have a great day, all!
Old 09-07-2011, 08:25 AM   #441  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

AND THE WIN CONTINUES!!!!!

Awesome poster Chesh. I too want to BENCH PRESS A BEAR!

Sarge gonna give Jeanettey the assist here and re-post the BOOM SHACK-A-LACKA-LACKA Challenge from 7/30 (posted as a "Hump Day Quickie") which made me laugh this morning.

BOOM SHACK A LACKA LACKA

50 LUNGES
50 PUSH UPS
50 CRUNCHES
50 BUTTER BURNERS
50 CALVE LIFTS

(Butt-er Burners are basically lifting your butt up off the floor and squeeze but here's a great "Bikini Butt Workout" video that demonstrates: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XM7dQNQDjc

Sarge's coffee done...time to drive back to Chicago. Try to keep posts to under 500 til I can start a new thread this afternoon.

Happy Hump Day! Get out there and SWEAT! Right now...I mean it!

Old 09-07-2011, 09:15 AM   #442  

S/C/G: 208/203/140

Height: 5' 5"

The BOOM SHACK-A-LACKA-LACKA Challenge sounds like fun! I'll add that after my walk tonight.

Morning workout done and feeling good. LOVE a sweaty workout to get the day started off right.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-07-2011, 09:40 AM   #443  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

Height: 5' 4.5"

GOOD MORNING TROOPS

IT'S HUMP DAY . . .

Cheshire: Poster too funny this AM, I want to bench press a bear too!!

SARGE: Be careful driving back . . .

Reso: I had to go there . . . actually had never thought of it until the 2nd Darel arrived . . .

OK, it's COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD here . . . where are my wool socks . . .

LOLOLOL

OK, I'm off to sweat out

BOOM-SHACK-A-LACKA-LACKA
Old 09-07-2011, 09:50 AM   #444  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Going to be a tough day food-wise I'm hosting a "kids went back to school today" mimosa brunch.

But I got 8.5 miles of preburn in the tank so thats something.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:02 AM   #445  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

Bench pressing a bear! Good idea! I wonder how much a bear weighs??

ennay - "Preburn in the tank"....LOVE it!

It's ridiculously hot here this week. We're talking 30C as a high for the next 4 days! We never get this kind of weather in September, and it's rare even for the height of our summer in July/August as well. So I'm feeling all summery and off to the farmers' market tonight to load up on delicious things. I'm pushing my run back into later evening to take advantage of the amazing evenings we're getting along with this warm weather.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:29 AM   #446  
Kandie Apple Sundae

S/C/G: 225/180/150

Height: 5 foot 2

I had an exciting morning! I always love catching escapee horses! Well, just one anyways, she doesn't like people so she is always a challenge. So spent the morning fashioning up fences to keep them in. Got my metabolism revving this morning.

Now off to the dentist.. which is all part of my plan for a More Epic me.. pretty choppers!

Then more ice

And finally some jogging, arm Challenge, Boom Challenge, 200 more crunches and I will toss in some J.M for good measure. YEAH.. I am SO WINNING!
Old 09-07-2011, 10:47 AM   #447  
Bonettey

S/C/G: 384/375/150

Height: 5' 11"

Sarge - Thank you soooooooooo much for the assist.

Recap on the butt-er burners

Have a great Boom Shacka Lacka Lacka day troops

Old 09-07-2011, 11:29 AM   #448  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

I think I give my body one more day to recover. I feel way better but I don't want to start too early. Then I am in, Jeanettey. I can feel the itch...
Old 09-07-2011, 11:46 AM   #449  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

whew...this is one tired private!! moving is hard work especially in summer heat wave!! we are in the new place...still have some things to clear out from the old place...internet back up and running yeah!!

i missed you guys!!

sarge sir missed u sir!! r u'r eyes bleeding from all the hugs?? ...hope you travel safe back to the windy city!

jeanettey...way to go on the 50 pounds lost!! you are making it happen!!

KK...chasing horse sounds more like fun that work!! and new shoes to boot!! yeah!

peanutt...i am with ya on the stocking up on delicious things from the farmers market. with the move, we ate so much junk and fast food...and i'm totally craving some veggies and fruits!! off to the market tomorrow to fill up the new fridge!! nigel is cringing b/c i told him no more junk in the house!!

madam...wool socks!! r u kidding me!! sheeesh its still so hot here in da south!!

welcome all the newbies!!

chickadee...omg...u are so cute!! love the pic!! you look awesome in that shade of blue too!! but you better find you some black ops tees!! haha

cheshire...i wanna be a BAB too!! LOL!

joyful....does that mean we're doing boom dorka lorkas??

reso...how ya like have some man-fellows around!!

darel....streaking for weigh in!! sounds fun!!

rated ... have fun swimming!!!

pokey....hi, how ya doing?? ready for TBL RED GO HARD OR GO HOME!! yeah baby!!! BOUC...BLACK OPS UNDER COVERS!!

hey dreamer...glad to see ya back!

josey...kittykat and kittkat...makes me think of kitt katt bars!! crunch crunch!

ries...don't be a sad panda!!

envelope... hugs and so glad you are feeling better!!

ok....back to more unpacking!! so many pages i missed sorry can't get all personals met! but sure missed everyone!! ready for the bouc throwdown!!
Old 09-07-2011, 05:56 PM   #450  

S/C/G: 258/244.6/190

Height: 5'7"

Joyful: That ice in a paper cup idea is AMAZING! Thanks for that!

My pc is dying and my charger is broke (getting a new one tomorrow) but just wanted to say I got my eating under control and hoping I can stick with it and pledge next week!!! Also I ran 2 miles straight for the first time ever today!!!!!!!

Happy Wednesday everyone and if any one else had their first day of class today as well hope they were great!
Closed Thread