Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 06:00 PM   #376  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouslyYours View Post
Hey,

Do you think maybe instead of kicking people out of the Black Ops challenge for not losing enough, maybe we just kick them out for not losing? Like as long as you continue to have consecutive weeks with a loss, you can stay in? I just think that might keep more people motivated throughout the duration? I'm in, regardless.
I like this or at least for the first few weeks.

Throwing out random ideas...

maybe we could have challenges each week and anyone who completes the challenge gets immunity regardless of weight

maybe we have a X strikes format where you have to fall below X times to be out

maybe anyone in the top x% overall cant be kicked out for 1 bad week
Old 09-05-2011, 06:01 PM   #377  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

Anon--That's a good idea on the Black Ops...you only get eliminated from the challenge if you didn't register a loss.
Ennay -- Good suggestion...if you've had a rotten week you could do something really tough to earn immunity.

Rmc--will add you to the black ops in just a sec.

Last edited by JayTee; 09-05-2011 at 06:03 PM.
Old 09-05-2011, 06:24 PM   #378  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Guys, thanks for all the comments on calorie counting. I will try a few more but so far myfitnesspal looks good. I like that I can see the iron intake and sodium.
I entered the last two days and planned the next two. I am surprised that I actually eat more protein than recommended and not enough sodium. Definitely room for improvement. I will take a look at live strong too.

RMC - LOVE that poster. I will put that up on the wall somewhere. I had another look at the Labour Day challenge and it looks like everybody who made it to the end (BY FAR!) was a platoon member. I guess we should credit Sarge (and mini-Sarge Peanutt) for the constant butt kicking! We ain't no quitters!
Old 09-05-2011, 07:55 PM   #379  
One man would not fall...

S/C/G: 400/223/190

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by josey View Post
Guys, thanks for all the comments on calorie counting. I will try a few more but so far myfitnesspal looks good. I like that I can see the iron intake and sodium.
I entered the last two days and planned the next two. I am surprised that I actually eat more protein than recommended and not enough sodium. Definitely room for improvement. I will take a look at live strong too.

We are all different josey, keep that in mind, i eat far more protein than is recommended but it's what my body demands, you can listen closely to what your bodies needs are or you can fight against them and lose. Never again will i try and do as some joe blow somewhere states, everything is a guideline to be tweaked to individual demands IMO.

CC'ing is where it is at though, nothing off limits within reason.

Last edited by Resolute; 09-05-2011 at 08:01 PM.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:11 PM   #380  
One man would not fall...

S/C/G: 400/223/190

Height: 5' 10"

Chickadee : You look fabulous, so happy, all that hard work shows up in your smile. Wish i could look half as vibrant, i have a hard time smiling for whatever reason.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:08 PM   #381  
Writer. Often pantsless.

Height: 5'7

Just got back and am home for a few days before we take off again. I just signed up for the BL Challenge again - I want to actually FINISH it this time. Didn't last time, for various reasons. Should be fun kicking some butt in that challenge

Back to boxing tomorrow after three days off...CAN'T WAIT.

Chick - You look GREAT! Super fit and healthy.

Reso - You look FANTASTIC. But you need to smile, friend. Enjoy the benefits of all of your hard work; strut your stuff! It's well deserved.

Chesh - I'm totally digging the medal! Very bad@ss.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:33 PM   #382  
Suck it up, buttercup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute View Post
We are all different josey, keep that in mind, i eat far more protein than is recommended but it's what my body demands, you can listen closely to what your bodies needs are or you can fight against them and lose. Never again will i try and do as some joe blow somewhere states, everything is a guideline to be tweaked to individual demands IMO.

Thank you Reso! I needed to hear that. I truly believe in listening to my body but somehow I get caught up in statistics and stuff sometimes. I totally agree with following some suggestions but every body is different. I never looked at the details of nutrition apart from the basics (fat, calories) but figured with all the talk about sodium etc. it might be a good idea to look deeper. I will take it as a guideline but tweaking it when necessary.

I will continue to explore CCing since I think WW is good to lose weight but I am worried about maintaining and living the lifestyle. CCing (and WW to a point) is the only way to go in my opinion since as you said nothing is off limits. I love to cook and bake and EAT. I wouldn't be able to do a diet with shakes or something super restricted and be happy. It has to work without screwing my life up to be a longterm solution.

I also believe in natural foods and how people were eating a long time ago. I think only in recent years (50?) it got totally out of whack when a commercial food industry was established. I try to buy from local farmers and ranchers instead of supermarkets whenever I can. It is not easy since it is more expensive and hard to get a good variety of produce here but I try.

All within reason though. There are some non-local, somewhat processed foods I just like to eat but I try to limit them.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:43 PM   #383  
Suck it up, buttercup!

I love this sign:

(Sorry it is a little big)
Old 09-05-2011, 10:48 PM   #384  
Bonettey

S/C/G: 384/375/150

Height: 5' 11"

Sarge - I'm not sure I like the immunity idea. The challenges would have to be extremely hard for me to feel worthy of immunity. How about instead of earning you immunity it earns you a 0.2% advantage or something. I actually like the Idea of being at risk of being elliminated from the challenge, like the contestants. For me, personaly, it will help me work harder for wanting to stay in. Something else to concider is there are only 15 bl contestants so this season will only run 12 weeks or so. Just some thoughts. Whatever you decide is great. No matter what, I'm in.

Last edited by Jeanettey; 09-05-2011 at 11:12 PM.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:00 PM   #385  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

Pokey!! Be sure to request red team since you've participated before. Unless you want to be on the losing team each week!
Old 09-05-2011, 11:06 PM   #386  

S/C/G: 258/244.6/190

Height: 5'7"

Ennay: My shoes are alright. I overpronate and have really flat feet, but I just have to deal with that. My tightness normally happens about the first 15 min of my run. TOday it eased up toward the end. When I go up stairs my calves are sore too. Your feet exercises sound helpful. I will try those!

Peanut: You probably have it right on. NOw that you say it, I havent been hydrating as much as I have in weeks prior. I guess I didnt know they could go hand in hand.

THANKS!
Old 09-05-2011, 11:11 PM   #387  
gecko girl

S/C/G: 306/288.8/150

Height: 5' 5.5"

Hey Sarge, new recruit. Just enlisted. Boots don't even have dirt on em yet. Like the way you walk and talk (and yell)! I think it could do me some good. Even though I am just starting out I would like to make a pledge for this week. 2lbs. I look forward to meeting the other recruits, I know one of them already. So it should fun, inspiring, and very interesting.

My motto- you've got to move it, move it. In order to lose it, lose it!
Old 09-05-2011, 11:21 PM   #388  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

josey - sometimes I need those statistics to help me tune in to what my body is trying to tell me. Sounds like you might actually be similar. Either way, I think it's a great move to look at the bigger picture beyond just points/calories (like what kind of food is going into your body). And I agree with your food philosophy...I could go on and on about that! Good luck as you check that out! The sign is awesome. It's true though....true winners never quit. I think we've seen plenty of examples of that here in the platoon!

iamerican - Poor hydration can definitely cause problems with muscle cramping. Hope you can get it figured out fully!

SewWhat - Welcome aboard!!

Tate - Welcome!! Love your motto!
Old 09-05-2011, 11:28 PM   #389  
Writer. Often pantsless.

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutt View Post
Pokey!! Be sure to request red team since you've participated before. Unless you want to be on the losing team each week!
Oooops. Done.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:48 PM   #390  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute View Post

+ 1 million. I need protein and fat and some carbs. I eat more protein and fat than most traditional diets, but more carbs and less fat than any of the "low carb" diets.
Closed Thread