Old 03-23-2010, 12:53 PM   #301  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

dixiemae - woohoo for the normal bmi!!! hope your back gets better soon.
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 03:55 PM   #302  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Hi Ladies,

Just a quickie to read posts and saw DixieMae!! Oh my you skinny thing, good job!

Last edited by Tummy Girl; 03-23-2010 at 03:55 PM.
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 06:09 PM   #303  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Tummy~Thanks . Took me a long time to get here, but almost to my first goal.

Dancer~Thanks Im working for my size 12 jeans. I will get them!!!!!
Dixiemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 01:51 AM   #304  
Never ending story

S/C/G: 213/160/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Evening chicklets,

mystical: my goodness, those are some trying situations! I'm sorry you are so far form your daughter--maybe a trip to Hawaii is in order! I hope your husband's head is healing well. Congratulations for joining that gym. Maybe you should pretend the kitchen is at the gym whenever you feel like turning to food under stress, and make a run for it!

Dancer: I said two months, but meant three months. Still, I'm not disappointed in my progress, just being impatient, like you said! And I imagine this is going to be hard for the rest of my freakin' life! Are you feeling better or getting worse--ick, springtime cold or flu?

aluxa and knobhdy: size 2? size 4? Lordy, I think I was born a size 10. I honestly do not remember anything I wore being smaller than a 10 or 12, and that was probably matching my age! I'm finding it interesting how differently things are fitting on the way back down as opposed to how they fit on the way up--the pants are all looser in the butt and thighs, but still tight in the stomach. But my tolerance for anything tight on my waist is gone since I've worn fatty-don't-touch-me skirts and leggings for so long. So now everything has to be loose before I'll wear it. Keep your eyes on those size 2 and size 4 prizes! My eye will be on a size 10.

Diximae: sorry to hear about your back, but I'm thrilled to hear about your reaching a normal BMI. So what's the verdict? Do people look at you differently? Do you feel different? Congratulations on being so close to goal.

Rashomon: I hear you, I've been wrestling with the same pound for 8 days. Sometimes I wonder why I put myself to this timeline, then I remember that it's what motivates me to stick with it!

I have an upcoming float trip (which means a canoe trip on a river for anyone not from the midwest, which my New Englander husband informed me is not a universal term) at the beginning of June. This is a new motivator for not looking like a sow in a one-piece swim suit. I'm actually looking forward to it rather than dreading it this time! We're looking at doing a zipline tour too, which I would not want to do before I started this journey.
LouisaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:54 AM   #305  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

louisa - whatever was bugging me the other day seems to have blown over so I'm feeling lucky! And two months or three, I still think 23lbs is a major deal. I like that tagline that some of the girls have about how a year from now you'll be so glad you started this process today. I'm not a year into it yet (I started at the end of May last year) but even though my micro, day to day process is frustrating, the overall result makes me SOOO happy I started when I did. You will be gorgeous on your float trip!

Snowy and cold here so no running today - probably just some shoveling. Hope you all are doing well!
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 11:24 AM   #306  

S/C/G: 198.6/148/120

Height: 5'3"

Dixiemae: Get well soon!!! And for your normal BMI.
Luisa: I was always considered de fattest on my family because I was the bigger one in my generation. I’m petite but I’m the tallest one and although my sister and I worn the same size, I was constantly criticized by my size. I was not fat, actually I was in the normal BMI, but because of my family pressure I saw myself obese. When I moved to the United States I ballooned, partly because of the lack of pressure from my family and partly because of changes in my lifestyle, I gained 40 pounds in less than 2 months. When I was 180 I decided to lose weight and I lost a lot and when I became size 2 I became crazy because I wanted to be size 0, and to weigh less than 100. I never was a 0 or weigh less than 100, but now I know that in a 0 I would not have feel skinny enough because I was mentally sick. Then something happened and I decided that my mental stability was most important than my weight and in that process I stopped to worry about my weight and ballooned again to 198.6 (during the last 5 years). In that process many things happened. At the beginning of this year many other problems were solved making February the perfect time to start to make lifestyle changes. This time everything is different because I started the journey to be healthy and I do not care anymore what others will say. If I stop losing weight in a size 10 I will be happy with being healthful. I do not care about being skinny anymore but healthful, so it is possible that all that clothes in one digit sizes will never be wear by myself again, and I do not care because I know that I have a perception problem and no matter how much weigh I will loss, I will never notice it with my eyes. The only thing that I want now it is to be healthy
Sorry for the length of this post.
aluxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 11:54 AM   #307  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Default New and up for a challenge!

Good morning everyone!

I know I'm very late, but I saw Tummy Girl's b&a photos and decided to follow her to this challenge! What an inspiration. I'm doing Herbal Magic and today is my 1 week check on weight and measurements.

I started Mach 17 at 219.2 and as of yesterday I was 211.4. I'm going to aim for another 2.4 lbs before the end of March so my March 31 goal weight is 209. I hope this tread will carry over and there will be an April challenge so I can participate for a full month!

My goals for the remainder of March are:

SW: 219.2
GW: 209.0
Deep water workout min 3X/week
Keep up on my 3L water/day
Get back to using EA sports personal trainer on the days I'm not at the pool

Can't wait to get to know you all and get some much needed support. I hope everyone has an amazing day...and remember, less than 48 hours until Friday!

Tamara

One week update:

SW:219.2 CW:210.4 & 8.5" loss!

Last edited by tamaraj; 03-24-2010 at 03:07 PM. Reason: UPDATE FROM ONE WEEK HM UPDATE: 03/24/10
tamaraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:28 PM   #308  

Tamara:
Old 03-24-2010, 01:05 PM   #309  
Jeri

S/C/G: 286/142.6/150/new goal 140

Height: 5-4

Dixiemae- congrats on being normal

Tamara: you've made great progress so far this month! We have a challenge every month, so you can start April's at the begining.

Well, I had a cr@ptacular day yesterday. On the way to physical therapy, my transmission died. My van will only go in reverse. I was stuck at a truck stop waiting for a tow truck with my bored, hungry kids. The truck stop had a Wendy's. They all wanted biscuit sausage bacon egg cheese fatty greest biscuits with a side of fatty cheesy yummy smelling hashbrown nuggets. And I really, really, really want them too. Stress has always equalled= eating fatty, gross, yummy food. So, I ordered them their meals, and I got a diet coke, so I would have something to taste while trying my hardest to ignore how good that sasauge smelled. I never made it to PT, and I still don't know how much the van is going to set me back, but at least I didn't pig out. (Also, Dear Van: Next time, completely cr@p out when I'm in Mexico, where it is infinitely cheaper to fix a car.) And, as a bright light in an otherwise cruddy day, Netflix seems to have forgotten that my ISP is in Mexico, and is letting me stream movies from them. I spent the rest of yesterday watching episodes from season 1 of LOST. Makes me feel better than sausage!
eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 01:12 PM   #310  
Future Skinny Pastry Chef

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

SW: 218
GW: 209
TW: 209.4

I made goal! Huzzah! And I'm changing my tickers because now it's ten pounds to Onederland!
Rashomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 01:45 PM   #311  

Rashomon:
Old 03-24-2010, 01:58 PM   #312  

S/C/G: 266/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Hello...

well I'm still here... after yesterday I now must sweat my butt off, and am dong a good job of it today. I should be back to normal tomorrow or the next morning... not sure how that fares for my goal this month though. We will see.

Rashomon- OMG that's a great loss!!

eclipse- argh! cars! Yeah I inherited the gift of cars crapping out from my ex's dad when he passed I think. I had seen him go through sooo many, and I am following now. If your van wasn't amazingly new, might be cheaper tog et another... tranny is one of the big boy fixes.... my subaru blew a head gasket (or cracked the head) last winter, also another hopeless to fix thing (a rusty old 95 not worth a new engine). I still love subarus, but boy! Never let em overheat on ya. I hope that the repair isin't too bad, or that you can get another one

Hi Tamaraj!! you'll like it here! It's great these ladies are great!

LouisaH- Hey a canoe trip, sounds like fun! Your hubby is right, I'm from VT and I had never heard of the term in relation...heh. As for zipline tour.... if it's what I think, I wouldn't want to! I mean looks like fun but heights aren't a good thing for meh.
NightAngel26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:31 PM   #313  

S/C/G: 206.8/168.9/115

Height: 5' 5"

well ladies, it appears that so far i have kept up with 2 of my original goals, i have continued on my c25k plan, even tho today's workout KILLED me. I can't remember the last time i jogged 5 minutes straight, at least 2 years ago?! it was slow going but the main thing is i didnt stop! soo proud :-)

im down 3 pounds lower than i expected for this month, and we still have a week left! super happy about this, maybe ill make 10 pounds lost instead of 5 this month? again, cant ever remembering losing 10 pounds in a month so i am really pumped about this.

the only thing: i picked up smoking again :-S it is waaay too tough to diet and exercise AND not smoke. its either i eat everything in sight or i smoke. when im ready and feeling confident, ill try again.

Good luck to all of you for the last week of our challenge!
WannabeNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:40 PM   #314  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

March Weight Loss Challenge Goal List
If there are any mistakes or updates, please let me know!
Red=Goal Met!

VickieLou: Lose 12 lbs, 80 oz water/day, 1400-2000 calories/day
eclipse: Reach 238 lbs
Brittany1988: Give up soda, Reach 179 lbs
cherbear: Lose 7 lbs, No fast food breakfasts
Ms_Perception: Weigh under 134, Track my food
NightAngel26: Lose 15 lbs
Bigmid: Onederland
startiff68: Lose 15 lbs
Nella: Drink 6 cups of water each day
jessicado22: Onederland
Rashomon: Reach 209 lbs
nurse2be: Lose 15 lbs, No drive-thru
mystical: Lose 5 lbs
FitGirlyGirl: Reach 165 lbs
Pinkberrry: Reach 150 lbs
Summer2010: Be below 225 lbs
Shrinking Girl: Lose 3 lbs
iDream: Drink water everyday, Get back OP with food
knobhdy: Lose 5.5 lbs
LouisaH: Reach 183 lbs
Lewisempire: Eat 1800-2200 calories/day
Tummy Girl: Maintain under 140 lbs
pokeycactus: Onederland
aluxa: Control binge eating, Lose 10-12 lbs
jellofer2: Reach 220 lbs
Matilda08: Lose 10 lbs
KattC: Lose 5 lbs
LaurenA: Stay OP on weekends, Lose 5 lbs
KyAngel1975: Lose 20 lbs
nellonello: Lose 5 lbs
zoochick777: Reach 170 lbs
TeenChamp2010: Lose 15 lbs, Quit drinking soda
helpmelose: Reach 132.4 lbs
tend3rloin: Lose 10 lbs, 8 cups water daily
wannabesomebody: Lose 4 lbs, Eat breakfast (You and Hubby)
JoyinHim: Lose 10 lbs, Cut back the sugar
JackiG: Lose 10 lbs
Dixiemae: Lose 3 lbs
kathrynk: Eat more fruits and veggies
bigmomma: Lose 8 lbs
Taurie: Lose 3 lbs
Rythm: Lose 10 lbs
Late to the game: Lose 5 lbs
mmiller2829: Lose 13 lbs
Emilia LaCasuela: Lose 15 lbs
dropkickmurphy: Lose 3 kg, Stick to diet/lifestyle change
WannabeNurse: Remain smoke-free, Lose 5 lbs/Reach 150's
Nikkie219: Lose 8 lbs
freshmanweightorbust: Reach 220's/Lose 10 lbs
stillimprovin: Lose 8 lbs
dancerindenver: Lose 4 lbs
HelloMeAgain: Reach 279
jenntx71: Lose 8 lbs/Reach 212
lookingtobehealthy: Reach 199/Onederland
nomoredreamin: Lose 10 lbs
krystalb: Reach 230 lbs
chubbybikinidreamer: Reach 170 lbs
SlimBy2010: Lose 10 lbs
journey0f60lbs: Reach 188 lbs
tamaraj: Reach 209 lbs
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 10:37 AM   #315  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

WOW! Everyone is doing so well according to Ms Perception's list! You all kick butt!

My home scale this morning showed 209.5, but I take the HM scale as my official weight so we'll see where I am today! Yesterday's one week showed me at 210.4 and down 8.5"!

WannabeNurse - I know how you feel about the smoking! I quit on February 9/10 and there are some days that I am 100% on plan that all I can think about is how good it would be to have a smoke. When the time is perfect you will just be able to do it. Congratulations on reaching and exceeding your March goal! You rock!

Rashomon: Congrats on reaching goal before the end of the month!

krystalb: Good for you for reaching your goal before the end of the month!

Everyone have a terrific Thursday!
tamaraj is offline   Reply With Quote