Old 11-03-2009, 04:35 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 279/275/130

Height: 5'7

Hey, im Joelle and this is my first challenge. I am starting tomorrow and i cant wait to start losing = D. This month im going to go for 7 pounds. Wish me luck. Ill do the same!

Last edited by mrsmonkeylover; 11-03-2009 at 04:38 PM.
mrsmonkeylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 05:07 PM   #107  
traveller chick

S/C/G: 80/79.5/65 (KG)

Height: 5'6''

hey girls... this is my 1st challenge and i will go for 8 pounds this month... im very confident
izzystizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 05:25 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 278/ticker/175

Height: 5'11"

Hello ladies. I know, where has jellofer been???? Well, I think I have been enjoying the mid 240's. It is nice to bee here, but now it is time to got further. I know I have said that I am going back to induction, but tonight, I really am. in less than 2 weeks we have a houseful of friends and family coming for the weekend and I would like to be at a nice happy 239. In order for that 2 happen I must kick it in the butt!!! With that comes induction. Plus, 2 days after they all leave it is back to the doctor for a weigh in. I want to be below 240 when i get there. I have also been alittle overwhelmed with our house. we moved in 3 years ago from a tiny, easy townhouse. Now we have land and a big hard house. Lots of work and chores. So I have been painting bedrooms and the like. I also have class 2 days a week and a fulltime job that just gets more and more stressful each day. So, enough whining. Back to what I do best......carb counting and losing weight. (ok, I just got good at it in august.) I have started Physical therapy for a tight low back and hip and had developed wild knee pain and swelling since starting c25K about 5 weeks ago. today the physical therapist has put a halt on my running for at least the next week. Which is a really blow to the already shaky psyche as I was up to one straight mile at 5.5 mph pace. So it is off to the elliptical I go. Things will get better. I always said that this lifestyle change isn't hard yet.....but the past 2 weeks have been kinda rough. So here I am catchin up with my peeps!!! Most of you know that I quit on October. Wasn't working out the way I'd like it to. This is gonna be my month. 234 lbs. What a way to spend turkey day!!!!

Mrsmonkeylover, Izzystizzy and Afchick Welcome to you all!!! This really is the greatest place for all things weightloss!!! Best wishes to you all this month.

Essa415 Welcome!!! Morton, IL huh? I have family in Morton! We will have to chat! My cousin wants me to come doin in June for the steamboat run or something like that? Have you every heard of it?

Fitgirlygir Great progress on c25k training. it is so rewarding and empowering isn't it. I looked forward to running every chance I could. And about your husband......They are so hard to change. Mine will ask me if I want a grilled cheese or a roll to go with my meal at least 4 times a week. Hello, I haven't eaten bread in 10 weeks, but that is ok. We still love them right?

Mystical Your dinner sounded yummy!!!

Nella Thanks for the support. It is nice to be missed.

Tummy 245 was just a taste. Back up to 246 today, but too much salt is the culprit and probably will hold true tomorrow, but that is ok. I have already started making adjustments. I will make my goal. Now you on the other hand. Great job with your progress!!! Like I said before and I will keep sayin it, HOT!!!!! LIke the Fairy Godmother told Cinderella, "If the shoe fits, wear it sister!"

MsP I loved the turkey burger idea. I just am not a fan of portobello mushrooms. I jsut eat mine without the bun. My niece calls it cheese burger salad. I like a little lettuce and tomato on my burger.

You all are doing great. Just coming to the website and opening up about your struggles and accomplishments is something to be proud of. Don't forget to look for those non scale victories. Sometimes we forget about them and they can mean more than any number on a scale!!!

Look out 234.......I comin to get ya!!!! Just like Debbie Harry says, "One way or another I'm gonna find ya, I'm gonna getchya!!!!

have a great night ladies. Sending lots of love and light out to my peeps!!!!

Jen
jellofer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 05:52 PM   #109  
Bikinis in Summer '10!

S/C/G: 185/ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Red face

Hi all! This will be my first challenge. I'm starting at 181, but that's the low point of my fluctuations. (Yesterday I was 183.) So my goal for the month is to hit 175 by Thanksgiving and maintain that through the end of the month.

My exercise goal is to start Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred tomorrow and do that mondays thru fridays.

I also plan to stop smoking tomorrow! I hope I can handle all this!

SW:185
CW:181
GW:135
Lauranna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 06:57 PM   #110  
Sensewear and WW

S/C/G: 230/195.2/164

Height: 5'9"

Hi All,
It has been a long while since I have posted. I have been lurking however and am pretty up to date on what is going on with everyone. Congrats on all the losses in October.

I have officially graduated from my big ole aircast to a lesser brace so have been starting a bit of working out again. I have to take it easy so am going to postpone P90X until the new year to give my achilles time to heal up a bit more. In the meantime I am going to do a low impact version of TurboJam.

Weight wise, I have maintained since being in my aircast but haven't lost any additional weight. I am back and fully committed to my journey again this month. So far so good.

I look forward to chatting with everyone more this month and excited to work towards a new November Goal.
nellonello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 07:00 PM   #111  
Fit by Spring Break!

S/C/G: 235/211/150

Default I'm so down for this!

Hello,

I'm new to this, but I think I understand how it works.

My goal is to lose 10 pounds this month. I think I can do it...I just put some new tunes on my IPod that are awesome songs that I can't wait to listen to. I am going to start exercising tomorrow for the first time in a year! Can't wait.

So I'm down for losing 10 lbs this month!
MathGirl87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 07:02 PM   #112  
Fit by Spring Break!

S/C/G: 235/211/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauranna View Post

I also plan to stop smoking tomorrow! I hope I can handle all this!
Good luck with that! It is a hard but rewarding experience. If you feel like smoking go on a walk and get your heart rate up. The best way to curb cravings is exercise!!
MathGirl87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 07:10 PM   #113  

Height: 5'6"

Well,I lost half of the Sunday weight, I'm sure I would have lost more but yesterday MIL brought burgers and fries and then later brought cake! I couldn't resist it all but I did only eat half a burger, part of a fry, and a modest size piece of cake. Luckily I had already made some super healthy beef/shiitake/bok choy soup so I filled myself up on that. We are getting ready to eat the rest of the soup for supper.
I think PMS is looming because I have felt so hungry today, but so far have controlled myself.
Sandye and LTTG Have fun visiting! I love visiting my parents and I see them almost every weekend!
ruth135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:24 PM   #114  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

Gekster - I cook large batches of things like brown rice, polenta, beans, etc. and portion it in freezer safe dishes and freeze it. It then takes just a minute in the micro. You can also do frozen veggies in the micro very fast. Even some things that I don’t freeze I do a lot of the prep work ahead of time - like fixing a meatloaf up to the point of baking the night before. On nights I know I will be short of time I make sure I plan a main course that cooks quickly - fish is very frequent on these nights along with boneless chicken breast.

Jellofer - I’m sorry the doc said no running. I hope you heal quickly. Just think of it as time to experiment with other exercise. Yes, I am loving C25K and I love hubby too, that’s why I wish he would eat better.

Lauranna - You can do it. You are stronger than your addictions.

Mostly I had to come by to say that I accidentally did 61 minutes and 38 seconds on my elliptical instead of the 45 minutes I had planned for. I read somewhere that if you force yourself to smile while working out it tricks your brain into thinking it is easier. I tried it when I got to the point where it was getting tough and then before I knew it I had a pain in my foot from being on the ribbed foot pedals for so long and when I looked I had done 61 ½ minutes. OMG! I had never gone past 45 before. My foot is a bit sore, but I’m so happy!
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:21 PM   #115  
One day at a time.

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/135-120

Height: 5'6"

Hey Ladies,

Thanks for all the well wishes. I went to the doctor today and she said it was a stomach bug. I am feeling much better today. I am down to 212, I know with help from the bug. XD I need to loose 4 pounds this week to get on my mini goal of 2 pounds per week for my Valentine's Day goal. Welp, I gotta go do some school things. And I really don't have anything else to report.

<3 We Can Do It Ladies.
Miss Mallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:55 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 179/ticker/135

My plan is to get to 162 by December 1. I will be accountable to 1400 cal max each day and a minimum of 60 minutes per day of exercise.
kris2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 07:03 AM   #117  
Live. Laugh. Love.

S/C/G: 191.5/126/120

Height: 5'1

goal for this challenge (page 2) - 169lbs by Dec. 1
start weight: 179

current weight: 177 (monday weigh-in)
lbs lost since challenge began - 2
lbs left to go until end of challenge -8

Good luck everyone <3 I hope everyone is staying on track

Miss Malee - Glad you are feeling better from the stomach bug

kris2008 - welcome to the challenge

FitGirlyGirl - Great job on the elliptical. I cover the time with my iPhone lol and try not to focus on the time :P

ruth135 - SOUNDS SO YUMMY. I dont know if I could resist if someone brought me that food like that . Great job resisting and eating something else.

MathGirl87 - Welcome to the challenge

nellonello - Good luck~

Lauranna - I've been wanting to try the 30 DS. Good luck with it! I hear it's brutal in a good way lol

jellofer2 - Wow sounds like you have a lot on your plate. Good luck and great job staying on track!

Last edited by InControl2Day; 11-04-2009 at 07:04 AM.
InControl2Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 08:11 AM   #118  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Good morning ladies!!!

Just a quick post again--things are going great here! I've stayed POP, got my workouts in every day--not waking up any later than 5:30 and feeling pretty good.

My stomach as been bugging me the past couple of days--I've been getting a stabbing kind of pain right in the middle of my gut--not my stomach exactly, but more like right under my belly button. So far it seems better today, but we'll see how the rest of the day pans out.

Mom is doing great--working out, journaling her food and inspiring my hubby to workout!!! At least that's what I think got him up and outta bed and onto the treadmill this morning.

Not sure what the plans are for today, but tomorrow we're heading down south a bit to take in the Fall colors and do some poking around some cute little shops--Just the Girls!!! I'm excited!

Down a bit more today--137.2--so that weekend weight is coming off!

Okay, gotta run, almost time for the boys to go to school. Have a great day ladies and I'll catch up with you later! And don't forget to...

Drink Your Water!!!
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:05 AM   #119  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Good morning all! Today has already been a very nice day and it's only just begun. I've done all my healthy things...water, vitamin, exercise, and healthy breakfast. And I'm looking forward to spending some girl time with my mom (Must be the theme for the week!) getting haircuts and hopefully shopping. I hope she's up for a little time at Goodwill because I could really use some pants in my size. Either way, it'll be nice to have the time with her. My dad's watching the little one which will make it MUCH more relaxing! Still retaining some major water weight, since my previously loose rings now fit again. Thankfully it'll be outta here soon and I'll be starring down goal! Hope everyone enjoys their day and makes it count!

Last edited by Ms Perception; 11-04-2009 at 09:07 AM.
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:22 AM   #120  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 197.6/195.8/140

Height: 5'2"

Good morning chikies!!!

So I am proud to say I have hit a new decade!!! 168.8 this morning!!!!!

Gotta run, but was just too excited to not share!!!
Nella is offline   Reply With Quote