Old 11-01-2009, 10:39 PM   #61  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Hey guys! I'm late getting on here, bnut just wanted to say OMG, Nella and SG! You girls look incredible!! So great to see people making progress and isn't it amazing how it comes off the middle?! I LOVE that! Anyway, congrats to you girls! You're doing it.
Today was my off plan-ish day. I had a pizza lunch and some candy, but I've had my fix now and I'm good. I'm sending the rest w/ DH tomorrow. He and his secretaries can dig in, although DH has really gotten good about just having one or two and being done. We give the kids an option to turn in their candy for a toy or special gift (we do this at Halloween and Easter). I got this idea from a friend and it is fantastic! DS hasn't had a cavity since we started doing this. It totally de-emphasis candy in the events! Anyway, 2 of the 3 took us up on it this time, so we went and got their toys today. DD chose a stuffed animal and DS chose a DVD. The youngest stuck with her candy and was completely unmoved, so we let her make that choice. We'll see what happens at Easter. Anyway, my day was wonderfully relaxing other than watching my football team lose and trying to learn MarioKart. I'm not a great gamer! LOL Tomorrow begins the quest to finally reach goal and linger there as I do some research (body fat, maitainence, etc.) this month. Looking forward to it!
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 10:52 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 142/ticker/122

Height: 5'7"

Nella & SG - you both look fantastic! Way to go! Keep up the awesome work!

MsP - seems we are on the same pizza and candy plan today! Oops! We'll do better tomorrow!
ShrinkingAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 10:55 PM   #63  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Amy-I'm with ya 100%! Tomorrow is a new day...a healthy, new day!
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 11:09 PM   #64  
One Day at a Time

S/C/G: 198/198/150

Height: 5'5"

Its my bday on the 10th of this month (my 21st...wahoo!) so I feel I should drop 10 pounds!! It just makes sense to me (=..... so that would take me from 198 to 188 !! I also would love to get back into spin class this month<3
Channel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:00 AM   #65  

Height: 5'6"

The scale was down a .6 this morning, which I really wasn't expecting but was a pleasant surprise. But I overate today, as usual on Sundays, but I don't think it was extremely bad today. I probably won't weigh tomorrow, just try to eat very well and hope whatever I gained is gone by Tuesday.

Good night chicks!
ruth135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:46 AM   #66  
One day at a time...

S/C/G: 226/ticker/175

Good Morning Chickies!

Well, the scale is down another lb today, putting me at 196. I tell ya, I honestly don't know exactly what is causing the weight to come off so quickly but I'm certainly not complaining! I'm just going to think of it as a reward for good behavior! Thank you for all of the lovely comments about my progress pictures. I didn't think I've changed much from the middle photo to now but a few of you would certainly disagree so that's really fantastic to hear! Thank you! I also took more swim suit photos and have had to upgrade to a smaller swimsuit! The blue one is just too big anymore to really see any improvements. So, I took photos with the blue one on and then photos with the new one so I have a point of reference in 6 weeks when I take them again. Haha, the new suit is too small and I look horrible in it... talk about motivation!!

Nella Congrats on meeting your goal and I'm looking forward to hearing about you seeing the 60's!!

Tummy Welll.. that's a new, even smaller shirt, actually. It's a large and if I were going to be attempting to wear it on it's own I'd have bought an XL to try to keep it from hugging my stomach flab, but it's perfect for layering and I love it! DH and I were going out Saturday night to just bum around and shop and I couldn't find anything to wear so he suggested I buy a few more clothes... just for casual purposes. I've been focusing on having things to wear to work and so when it comes to just bumming around I usually have ridiculously large (now anyway) clothes on.

FitGirlyGirl Thanks! I loved the color of that shirt too and it was so cute with the ribbon... adorable. Say... I stopped by your blog last night LOVED the photo of the scale saying 199!! Fantastic stuff! Also, congrats on the hubby eating something healthy! It's amazing what you can get them to do when it's not the same old BORING healthy food they might have tried before, isn't it? My DH has lost 10 lbs without even trying just due to the food I'm making now and he hasn't complained about the TASTE of anything one bit! Teehee!

LTTG Enjoy your visit!!!

MsP Oooh, I LOVE the idea of turning the candy in for a special toy/gift. Such a fantastic idea! Definitely takes the emphasis off the food/candy aspect.

Oh! I nearly forgot... 196 marks 30lbs lost. Another dancing fattie for me... WooHoo! Looking at those things and envisioning those 5lbs of fat models in my head makes me shudder... that's so much and I still have so much more to lose! I've also been saying all along that at 30lbs I'll really feel like I've accomplished something... It's odd looking at the numbers really. I've lost 30 and have 20 more to go until my original goal (see that? original... I might change it now which is just fantastic in itself). I'm more than halfway there and it feels so surreal. Odd for sure!

Have a fantastic day ladies!!
Shrinking Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 08:00 AM   #67  

This is the first time I have posted, but I want to lose 6 pounds this month!

Jody
hurleee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 08:01 AM   #68  
Also known as Tessa :)

S/C/G: 220/160/130

Height: 5'5

Happy Monday girls!

Well...yeah this past weekend wasn't the best. LOL...I didn't officially start until today. I tend to need at least a free weekend before I start hard.

I had a wonderful Halloween though. I went to a Halloween scavenger hunt and the out with some friends.

Today is a new day though...I've so far had my slimfast and coffee. I am planning on doing Turbo Jam after work today. I can do this!

I hope everyone's Monday starts wonderfully!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayalyn View Post
Wow!! Congratulations, how did u lose so much weight?! I got down to 145 and felt great but somehow i ended up back to 165 and I'm having a hard time starting a workout regimen any tips or ideas ?
I had a lot of success with Taebo...and those were old VHS tapes...and I don't even have a VHS player anymore! Slimfast has actually worked wonders for me. I've been off and on slimfast sense high school. I am going to try starting that up again. It is hard. I am now back at 165 now too. LOL...let's get down there again together. How did you get to 145?

Nella, WOW! You are doinig amazing and look wonderful! Keep up the great work!

Channel, yeah for November birthdays! Mine is November 14th 21st for you though? Very exciting

Shrinking girl, congrats on your weight loss! You are doing awesome! Smaller suite? I bet you are excited I hope today starts great!
colaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 08:15 AM   #69  
One day at a time.

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/135-120

Hey Ladies,

I wish I could say it's a great Monday morning start....but....I've been up four hours (it's 5am) and I've been getting sick ever since! -.- What a way to start the month and lose weight. Maybe I should have said get down to 205's in a healthy way?

Fortunately, I have a person to call who's feeling my exact pain and has apparently been up since 1am like me! My grandma. And since my first episode this morning was getting sick all over my mother's just cleaned bathroom....literally you could have probably still smelt the Lysol, She's not really being nice. The irony? She was so made when she woke up and found out, she had to follow me to my room to use my bathroom to 'go to the bathroom'.

I'm clearly sleep deprived because of how I feel and the way I'm talking, but I have needed to post to the board since my very first episode this morning. Since I don't get sick often at all (last time I was sick I found out I had a tumor!) I am not used to just sipping a little water with this extreme sore throat.

I can tell you all right now, ladies, I know for a fact I wouldn't make it one day being bulimic. I prefer the smell of my normal breath too much for it. XD

Sorry, I know bulimia is a serious matter, but I had to get it out there.

I am crawling back into my bed!

We Can Do It Ladies! <3
Miss Mallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 08:50 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Good morning ladies!!!!!

SG & Nella~ OMGoodness you ladies look AMAZING!!! Thank you both for posting pics! Sooooo inspiring for sure and just what I need right now! I am so very, very proud of you ladies!!!

I'd love to do more personals, but I don't have time to read through all the posts again and stuff--as you know I've got company coming and I have a few more chores to do, get my P90X workouts in and shower...

So I have a confession to make...

I did it again. I spent the better part of yesterday stuffing my face. I don't really have any reason other than I wanted to. I wanted pumpkin pancakes for breakfast and I wanted candy and I wanted a big giant burrito from my favorite burrito place...

Needless to say, I'm up--A LOT! Dang sodium!!! My fingers feel like sausages and I'm all bloated...ugh, ugh, ugh!!! Feel free to yell at me, give me tough love, beat me over the head with the ol' frying pan--I deserve it!!!

So, with that I decided that today is a Brand New Day and I needed to get my head back on straight and move forward. I got up bright and early and did some HIIT. It felt soooooooooooo good and I even though it's been a couple of weeks since I've done it, I just picked up right where I left off and it felt awesome! I need to do my P90X workouts and I'll call the workouts complete.

I have decided to put HIIT or running back into the mix. I think what I'll be tweaking is the P90X. I just can't do the 90 mins of yoga--it's not that it's hard or anything, it's just too dang long to try to squeeze in with the girls and I just can't get up any early than I already am to squeeze it in then. So, I need to figure out what to put in it's place and also figure out how many days to add in the HIIT or running...

Okay, so there it is. I confessed and I feel better for it. I really just need to stop slacking and remember that eating that crap does nothing for me. I'm so glad my mom will be here--it'll be sooooo nice to have someone in the house who wants to get healthier and who won't be tempting me to with bad food choices. Perhaps she'll be able to talk my hubby into joining us?

Alright, I need to get my butt in gear and get stuff done! Please forgive me in advance if I don't post much this week

Now get out there and have an amazing day ladies and don't forget to...

Drink Your Water!!!
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 10:47 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 140/127/115

Height: 5'4"

I definitely need to get back on track. I know I've been terrible with posting menus and I'll tell you it's easy for me to eat healthy and journal it in my notepad but I always forget about the computer. I know I'm lazy.
Since it's the start of a new month I decided to switch my weigh in day back to Friday like it used to me. Tuesdays just weren't working out. I haven't "officially" weighed myself since the time I recorded it (second weigh in of October) The third week I forgot, and last week it's when I decided to switch to Friday. Unfortunately I got TOM late Thursday night. And I have a rule; Never weigh myself on the first day of TOM because rather I've lost, gained or stayed the same I'll convince myself to either starve myself or eat everything in site. I did take an unofficial peak on Wednesday and I was down to 126. But I want to be fair about this so this Friday I'm going back to official weigh ins. Hopefully the 126 from last week will still stand along with another pound of two, since Saturday is my b-day and my goal was to be 125 or under my then. So fingers crossed.

Goal for November 5lbs
ButterflyDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 11:20 AM   #72  

Height: 6'1

nella and shrinking girl- You gals look amazing! I love seeing progress pics on here.

I will be back for more personals later. Hope everyone had a fun Halloween weekend. Mine was good, but I did something kinda scary...I have signed up for a 1/2 marathon on January 24...eek! I am training with Team In Training which is the Leukemia and Lymphoma foundation and I have to fundraise a certain amount of money. So basically I have gone for training for a 5k (with the C25k program) to training for a run/walk 13.1 mile course. I know that it will be very challenging, but also very worth it in the end.
shasha17a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 11:42 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Hey everyone

Nella - You do look fabulous! I can't wait to post after pics!

Jody -

Sandye - WOW P90X is hardcore! I'm impressed!

I'm down a pound today....its not much but its a start.

Catch you all later!
McKenziesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 11:49 AM   #74  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 311/Ticker/175

Height: 5'6''

I am back from seeing family and friends and though I had a great time it was bad, so bad! I don't drink alcohol much anymore because I'm on a medication where it hits me harder and faster as well as makes me sooo sick. But it was Halloween and we were at a party and I went for it and kept having another. I didn't get sick this time, but I know it was so many calories, and then the snacking that went along with it.. not good. I was afraid to get on the scale this morning, but I will do it tomorrow. I figure with all the eating out there I need to give myself a day to flush the sodium anyway. I just feel so gross. I am normally bad with food when we go, but there is no excuse. I will face the music and try my best to rise above it. Shoot, late for class, check back later.
Gekster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:07 PM   #75  

The scale is up a pound this morning but I was actually happy because most of the time it is 1.5-2lbs up after Sundays.
I'm hoping to plan a menu for this week. I've never done it before but I've always wanted to so hopefully I finish it and it turns out well.
Have a great day ladies!
ruth135 is offline   Reply With Quote