Old 11-05-2009, 03:22 PM   #151  
Bikinis in Summer '10!

S/C/G: 185/ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

MathGirl and Fit GirlyGirl Thanks for the encouragement! Today is day 2 of no smoking.

InControl2Day 30 Day Shred really kicked my butt. Thank God it's only about 20 minutes long.

I'm not having much progress on this November goal so far, but I'm hanging in there. I'm really glad to have found these forums. You are all inspirational!
Lauranna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 01:58 AM   #152  
Hardwork...Dedication

S/C/G: 156/142/128

Height: 5'6

Hi all! I'm having a truly crazy week. It always seems that when I commit to staying OP life just.....happens! I swear it feels as if I'm being tested. Really, how much family/friend drama can one person handle before you open the fridge and eat everything in sight?

On the upside, I'm trying to squeeze in more exercise and stay away from the junk food that I swear is calling my name. I've cleaned out the cabinets and still I hear Dunkin Donuts whispering softly to me in my dreams.

Wishing everyone the strength to reach their goals!

SW: 146.5
CW: 145
dangerouscurves76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 03:13 AM   #153  

S/C/G: 196.6/see ticker/125

Height: 5'5 1/2

I'm a bit late joining the challenge, but hope that's ok. My goal for November is to lose 7lbs by the end of the month, I think that's realistic and doable
CW 193.1
GW 186.1
Sanna Maria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 08:31 AM   #154  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 197.6/195.8/140

Height: 5'2"

Welcome to all the newbies!! Good luck!!

So I'm home today because SD has the piggy flu!!! Yuck!! I've been getting some deep cleaning in, which is nice, but I think in a bit I'm gonna throw on a JM's dvd. DH is supposed to come home around lunch time after he finishes what he has to get done at work, so then I can go in to work and nto have to use up a whole sick day.

I'll check in a bit later. Have a great day everyone!!
Nella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 09:05 AM   #155  
One day at a time...

S/C/G: 226/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Hellooo Chickies

Just a quick drive by (I promise I'll catch up soon!) to let everyone know I survived yesterday! I ate decently at the potluck lunch and was worried about dinner since I ate more for lunch than I normally would. But... you know what? I found I wasn't hungry for dinner! I ate a small snack and that was that! It gives me a lot of hope that one day all my calorie counting might become automatic! Yippee!

I saw 195.2 on the scale today but I don't trust it as I'm dehydrated from yesterday. Hopefully it'll still be there tomorrow!

Happy Friday everyone!

Last edited by Shrinking Girl; 11-06-2009 at 09:31 AM.
Shrinking Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 10:43 AM   #156  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

NSM-Please take the time to sit and think or read or whatever will work best for you to focus on what you want out of all this. You are SO worth the time investment and it will help you to focus on a plan to reach your goals. I'm just so thrilled to see you posting again!

SG-I bet you'll see that pretty 195 on the scale again. You've been doing so well. Isn't it great when we listen to our bodies and they tell us we're fine...we don't need a big meal even though it's "meal time"...and WE LISTEN! I don't struggle with forgetting to eat like some on here, so for me to listen to my body and stop when I'm satisfied and not eat when I'm not hungry has been huge. It does give the confidence to think we have changed how our minds and bodies react to food. WOO HOO!!

Nella-Yuck! Sorry to hear about SD. I had 2 of mine with fevers yesterday. Only one still home today. No H1N1 or anything, just a little bug that's going around. My family is extremenly blessed to be pretty healthy. I haven't even had a touch of anything yet this year which is pretty huge since it has been rampant in our county of Wisconsin.

dangerouscurves (DC)-Life does happen, but it always will and you are showing it who's boss by making GOOD choices anyway! Go you!! Just say "NO!" to Dunkin Donuts (though it is fabulous on occassion ).

So the Girls Night was lots of fun. The salad I ordered at the restaurant was one of the most AMAZING salads ever!!! I loved it (obviously)! I was the high maintenance orderer a little, but it was worth it to make sure it didn't have surprise fat or cals. It was this Mediterranean Salad with a roasted garlic vinagrette....Oh...My....Gosh! I am totally gonna try to recreate it at home when I have time. The bonus is that I'm down to a new low today by a touch and so I know the salad was a keeper!
I can't recall who asked, but you get a signature (the space at the bottom to put your personalized stuff) where you can put a ticker (the thing that shows weight lost, etc.) after you've been on the message boards like 30 days and have made 40 posts or something like that. Maybe someone can remember the exact numbers better than I can. Look forward to seeing all you newbies in the coming days and weeks! All you November joiners hold a special place in my heart since I was a November joiner and it's almost been a year for me. I think it's amazing to have the will to start during the holidays...traditionally the hardest time for people to reign in their habits. Wouldn't it be a riot for me to hit goal on my "anniversary" here? I'm kinda hoping to hit it before that actually, but we'll see.
I was happy (in that sick way...heehee) to feel some pain in my glutes this morning when I got out of bed. That's one area I really hope to firm up. I have a sort of not-toned butt (not where I carry weight at all, so it can look flat..UGH) and want to get it more shapely. I think I'm on my way!! WOO HOO! My upper body is coming along nicely and my legs are doing great, so I figured I should pay more attention to areas I'd like to improve now during ST'ing and all. It makes me happy to see (or feel) my efforts actually working!

Last edited by Ms Perception; 11-06-2009 at 10:46 AM.
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 11:08 AM   #157  

S/C/G: 210/160/140

Height: 5'4

Congrats Tummy on the acceptance! There's nothing like incorporating your passion in your career!!!
Nella- How is your daughters flu?? The whole H1N1 is a very popular debet here in Newfoundland, people are keeping kids out of school, and those affected are getting hit hard! I hope she feels better soon!!
Shrinking Girl- Congrats on the 195!!!
MsP- Share your recipe! Don't worry too much about the butt, I am having a hard job with the baby belly, I think I'll always look a bit pregnant!!!

Well Girls a good after noon to you all!!! It is a beautiful snowy day here in Newfoundland, makes everything feel nice a christmasy! My house is now getting plastered and painted, and goodness time is certainly passing!
I think i have been hit with a little side effect of the H1N1 shot, all week I was feeling a little down, fatuige, and a little stomach sick...But today I feel back to normal! So i ho on the treadmill I go I have been eating pretty well on plan, and I am starting to feel all good again! I am happy to report my shoping trip to Halifax is in less then 1 week!!!!
Hope everyone is having a good day!!!!
jen7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 11:37 AM   #158  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Wow, I had to go waaayyy back there to get to the old stuff but don't want to miss anyone's successes by being lazy.

Nella - I just noticed that you're are 168! Yeah! and only three days ago, stuck at 170 Great work. LOL you and me both just realized how close I am to goal. It feels weird, that's about how I sum this up. But good and weird. And it feels less urgrent too, which is nice. I was really anxious to drop it but now, I guess since about 160 or so I'm happy with my body and now I have developed some patience, which I'm going to need for these last 11. I'll work on writing something up once I get to goal, it's probably very similar to a lot of people's.

Mystical - sounds like things are going great! Nice routine and all. It does make the world a much nicer place when things are humming along and it doesn't feel like a fight all the time. I think it was FSA who said a long time ago, it's so much easier to stay on track than get on track, and I am a believer!

FGG - Oh how I like abbreviations. 191's After all that ickiness but you perservered! I'm proud of you, it's too easy to get frustrated and eat. A half marathon! Oh that's fantastic. I'm with you there even the last one to cross, and you know what, ppl cheer louder for that person than anyone. LOL accidentally did and extra time on the elliptical, love it!

Gekster - Hmm, I'm not the queen of quick dinners at all, I'll have to leave that for more knowledgeable ladies. The only thing that I do when time is short is to make meals ahead of time on a day I have extra time so they're already made.

Essa - Welcome to the challenge! A lot of us find great motivation here and I hope you're one of them. Look forward to getting to know you.

MsP - Wow, lol, 127 sounds so low doesn't it? Especially when you're 199lbs but it's not really. I'm going to have to look into this more too. My last BF measurement was 35% in July at 191lbs but I have no idea what it is now. I guess I'm going to learn how to test that now anyway. Personally, I'd like 1800-2000 cal a day. I hope it's possible, I'm pretty sure it is given I can already eat that and still lose slowly but it'll be highly exercise dependant I would imagine. And speaking of butts I'll borrow you some and you can keep it! I thought I was an hour glass shape but it appears I'm a wee bit bigger in the bottom than I realized. I'm all for perky behinds though, at least you don't have to worry about tons of fat layers hiding all your hard work.

AFChick, Peachykeen 62,Mrsmonkeylover, izzystizzy, Lauranna, Mathgirl, kris2008 - Welcome to the challenge! I hope you enjoy it as much as the rest of us

Jellofer - I hope the PT's advice puts you on the road to quick healing. I know how frustrating it is but you'll heal so much faster and be all the better for it too. Sounds like you're getting all your ducks in a row and back on track which is awesome. So how is the re-induction going?

Nello - Yeah, no aircast! So glad you maintained through that! That was quite a blow to your mojo and I'm glad you're still with us and back on the low imapct saddle again

Ruth - Oh that soup sounds heavenly, I have a recipe around here for a veggie version of that and I think I'm going to have to fire up the stock pot. Glad that you're still heading downward, 167, how awesome!

Miss Mallee - Glad you're feeling better and it's going away!

InControl - Woohoo the 2lbs already!

Sandye - Mom's inspiring dh, that's great. Won't want to be shown up by his MIL, lol. Men make me giggle. How was the girls day out?

Alrightly gotta run for now and I'll work on the next page a little later!
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 12:12 PM   #159  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

Lauranna - Congrats - You are almost finished with the hardest part. The hardest days for most people are the first 3-4. After 3 days completely smoke free all the nicotine should be out of your body and the physical cravings should pretty much go away. After that you should be able to focus on your food choices more clearly. I would not worry if you are not on track with that so far. You are quitting smoking, anyone who would tsk tsk at you for your food choices right now is just evil. I hope you are still doing well with it. You can do it!

Sanna Maria - welcome! 7 pounds is very doable. Good luck.

Nella - I’m sorry about SD, hope she feels better soon.

SG - Glad it went well. I will be hoping with you for a reappearance of your 195.

Ms P - Glad you had a good time. Yay for the new low. Congrats on the sore booty - lol.

I put on a pair of 14s. I can’t go in public in them yet, but I can close them, breathe in them, and even bend over without busting them, lol. I also managed to drag myself out to my first OA meeting last night. That was seriously scary, but I did it and it was great. Another scary thing is that I am now 191.2, almost to 190 which is the lowest weight I have any true memory of being. I have no idea what happens below 190. It is terrifying and exciting all at once. It’s odd though because I am just now getting into the 14s and I know that the last time I wore 14s I was about 210 and they were not nearly so obscenely tight then. I know there are logical reasons for it, the main one being I have been losing on the top faster than the bottom this time, but it still feels odd.

Time for me to get busy - the cats had a catnip party last night and now the floors are trashed. I hope everyone is have an awesome day.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 12:26 PM   #160  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Tummy-How did you get your BF tested? I'm going to call around and see where they do the immersion testing, but I also have the phone number of a place already that does the Bod Pod. Just curious.
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 03:42 PM   #161  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

MsP - I had the caliper test done all over my stinking body, lol. But afterwards I used my friends body fat scale and it was within 0.3% so I thought that was great. And then I did the tape measure test from Health Central.com and it was again very close, 0.5% higher than the calipers. So it appears that everything short of the tank is telling me the same numbers so far.

FGG - Congrats on the 14'sIt is scary, good scary but it is. All of a sudden you don't know what you look like anymore and it turns out a lot of our identity is wrapped up in how much we weigh. I'm having issues with my face, it doesn't look like me anymore, I feel like someone stole my face And wtg on attending that meeting too, support is the name of the game!

Nella - Oh I hope she's better soon that's scary stuff.

Well I won't have time to catch up today it turns out I had a lot to do, lol. But regardless shopping was great yesterday. I'm just totally grooving on shopping for clothes in regular stores and even skinny people stores. And the sales people help me, which is sad b/c they didn't before when I was heavy and that hurt my feelings But regardless, got some slipper booties - too cute, a sweater, some awesome sweatpants from hollister which may be comfiest things I've ever owned and a few shirts for bumming around. And another cool thing is that I can actually shop in the clearence section of regular stores. I think I maybe spent $50.00 yesterday for everything. And you ladies all know about those plus size stores, ugh, that's expensive! Anyone else super cold all the time too, lol, I have never owned slippers, ever, I laughed in the face of slippers before, but lately I'm cold from sun up to sun down, that's what 72lbs of missing insulation gets ya I guess.

And just the icing on the cake if life didn't rock enough already, down another 0.8lbs this morning to 151 on the button That's 11lbs to goal baby and 83lbs. Have a marvelous Friday ladies and hang in there you weekend people out there. If your week was great don't erase a beautiful calorie deficit on something! We can do it!
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 04:38 PM   #162  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 311/Ticker/175

Height: 5'6''

Dinners lately have been my downfall. I do good all day and then have crap for dinner and sadly I am up 2.4 lbs! Ugh! But at the same time I am hoping it is some water retention from the hardcore workout on Wednesday. I'm trying like crazy to get back into an exercise routine, but I'm just not feeling it. There is so much going on right now, I'm always tired and stressed. Okay, enough whining from me. I am sorry about my lack of personals, I'll hopefully be better after the holidays.
Gekster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 07:32 PM   #163  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Good evening everyone!

Got a bit caught up with things early today and I just made it here. But here I am.

Gekster: That is great about the gym. Sometimes the hardest part is just getting there the first time, at least for me, then it all becomes easier. So proud of you! My only suggestion for dinners would be to plan ahead. Maybe buying bulk chicken breasts, add some marinade and freeze them individually so that you can just take whatever you need for the day along with some rice/pasta and veggies. Or making a big batch on the weekend of something you like and freezing smaller portions?

mystical: You are so right. Last year I was doing great at putting myself first, and now I sort of slid back into old habits, and I have to work on that. Glad to hear you are making the gym work for you now. woo hoo!

FitGirlyGirl: You are so lucky to have a hubby that will actually do those things for you and actually enjoy them. I cannot tell you how many times I got so frustrated with mine at the beginning of our relationship ...Yay on those size 14 pants! I am sure you'll be wearing them out in public in no time. Awesome in making it into OA too.

Lauranna: We just have to stick to it until we see some progress. Hang in there.

dangerouscurves: I hear you! Hopefully things will be back to normal soon for you and you can tell those donuts to shut up.

Sanna Maria: Welcome.

Nella: Sorry to hear about SD. Seems like you got lots done with your day though. Take care!

SG: Here's to hoping that 195.2 is for real.

Ms. P.: You are absolutely right. I must take some time to get some insight into where I am right now. I sometimes procrastinate with things like this, but it must be some kind of fear that must be dealt with swiftly.
Glad to hear you had a good time last night. I would definitely be interested in a recipe if you manage to recreate that salad.

jen7: hope you feel more like yourself soon.

Tummy: Wow..sounds like shopping for clothing is a blast for you now. on the panties! I've often wondered what I'll look like when all of this is said and done but I guess the only way to find out is to actually get there myself

My days have gradually been getting better when it comes to eating. I totally went and stocked up on veggies and I am actually making myself get into the kitchen before me and DH are actually starving so that we make good eating choices. The weekend is coming which is the hardest part of the week. But I must remember that my FIL and wife are coming for a 3 week long visit next week and I have to make as much progress as I can before that.

Have a great evening and weekend if I don't catch you!
Newshinyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 08:00 PM   #164  
Kablooie

S/C/G: 219/148/130

Height: 5'5''

I would like to join this challenge even though I'm one week into November already.. Put me down for 5 lbs over the next 3 weeks!
kablooie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 09:43 PM   #165  

S/C/G: 278/ticker/175

Height: 5'11"

Tummy Great to hear about your shopping trip! That has to be an awesome feeling shopping on the clearance rack at a regular store. YOu are right, the plus size stores are very expensive. I am sticking to my favorite sweats which are just too big now. I look like I have a diaper butt!!! As far as induction, it has been tough. TOM is finishing up his evil dance but will be gone this weekend. I tried yesterday and did pretty good except last night. I ate pistachios until I was blue in the face. I think sodium was my killer this am. Plus TOM. Anyway, today was much better. TOm wanted me to eat chicken mcnuggets on my way home from school tonight. I told him no! I compromised and had 1 serving of black bean tortilla chips with my beef and cheese. They were only 17 grams of carbs with only 65 mg of sodium. I figured a good choice since 1 order of nuggets has 24 carbs and 1000mg of sodium. No joke. I read the box. So we shall see tomorrow. I have to work 12 hour shifts for the next 3 days. It will be very easy to stay on plan. It is my days off that are rough. I am hoping for a 244 number in the morning with 243 to follow. Fingers are crossed.

I am following my PT's instructions about no running. She is afraid that I will tear my ACL in my right knee. She says that I will be able to run, but because my hips were out of whack and weak on the right it was causing me to plant my foot wrong. We are hoping that a few more weeks of strengthening and stretching will make all the difference. I am keeping my fingers crossed or else it looks like no running the big race for me. Instead I will work on the century ride. That will still be a huge goal. She did release me back to the elliptical today and I killed it!!!! Felt great. Sweating and dripping all over the place. I showed the treadmill that even though I can't run I can still kick ***!!!!Lifted lots of weights today and then got lucky in class and caught a great massage!!! Life is sweet. The big doctor appointment weighin is on the 17th. I gotta make the scale do some moving before then. So, I shall stick to induction as best as I can!

Wow that was a mouth full!!!

So far, November is still ok. I haven't quit on it yet. I have proven to myself that I can maintain. I now need to get back to losing.

Love and light to all my peeps!!!
jellofer2 is offline   Reply With Quote