Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 10:25 AM   #436  

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Chicks

Sorry I've been MIA lately. This past week hasn't been great. I've been dealing with stomach issues. For the July 4th weekend, dh,ds and I venture down to the city, NYC that is, to visit the ILs and ever since then my stomach has been in knots. I feel like I ate a buffet line size of empire state building. I still feel that way . I had called my dr yesterday and she told me that (a) could be something that I ate that didn't sit right or (b) a touch of food poisoning. But since I am not or have no temp I have to wait it out. If it goes past the weekend then I have to go in and they'll do tests. My boss was saying that it could be gallbladder or an ulser. IDK Anyways, I haven't had time to read all the post. I hope you all are doing great on eating OP and your water intake. Chat with you all later

Suzy
Old 07-10-2009, 10:45 AM   #437  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Morning Ladies,

Delphi - Welcome back sweetie, warms my heart to have you and Canaan back where you both belong! So glad you're in your routine again, must feel awesome.

MsP - That's some amazing vacation exercise I saw in the other thread WTG and holy that's fantastic!

Cmo4 - Miss your sassy self, hope you're having fun.

Couch - OMG 50lbs that's incredible

LTTG - Release and move forward and throw the ice cream in the garbage

Mystical - That's entirely awesome, I was waiting to see that big old number! And I hope you are very, very proud of yourself!

LaurenA - Those classes sound great, it's always nice to feel it afterwards and get that monies worth! I think that weighing once a week is great, from everything I've read you should do it at least that often to ensure you're moving in the right direction and if your day is being dictated by that number by all means stay off it. Have fun packing!

Glutio - Woohoo on the panties hun! And it feels like just yesterday you were stuck up at 279! When do you get to slow down? I feel tired just reading that, I think it might be the flashbacks.

FSA - Hope you're feeling better hun, I think you may have the worst TOM of anyone, but great job with the workouts!

NSM - Have fun with Mom! Has she seen your skinny butt lately or is this gonna be a shocker for her? And posting is totally productive

Melrose - on 189.5! And I would totally count that, it is allyour hard work after all! Good luck on the interview.

Blondie - I sent ya a PM about the food, if you need anything else let me know, I'm happy to help if I can.

LTBH - I think you pic is great, you're beautiful, might as well just accept it cutie

Jacqui_D - Hey pretty lady

Crystal - Hope you're having fun at your family reunion, see ya soon!

Paperskin - Welcome, welcome!

Soul - Anything's possible just keep that chin up, I mean you've almost lost 50lbs! That's incredible.

I've been in a super funk for the last few days, dh thinks it's because we haven't had any sun for a full 7 days and for 6 of those it has poured rain, vitamin D deficiency maybe? Who knows, I haven't been able to get out running until today, our dirt road has been virtually impassable by car let alone slidding around in running shoes. So maybe that's part of it too. Still be eating POP and working out like the dickins but just feeling blah.

Regardless, company left as quick as they came and I had a chance to check out an awesome organic food market in Edmonton on Wednesday. We only get to the city twice a month but I'm thinking that it shouldn't be too hard to stock up on the meat and things I can freeze. I'm trying to get as much organic stuff as I can and eating as close to nature as possible but it's pretty challenging living as far out in the boonies as we do.

Jacque had mentioned it in the exercise thread and I thought maybe I'd start doing P90X once I was lower in weight too but then I thought heck, I'm running and there's a pretty good gun show going on here, let's give it a whirl and see what I can do, so I ordered it today, it's on backorder, so I'll have time to improve before it arrives anyway.

I'm going to take my blah self and give my head a shake, go get some groceries, maybe sit out on the deck awhile, read a book and get some sun before it's gone again. And maybe hit the dump and see my old stinky dump guy who thinks I'm smoking hot just to brighten my day.

TTL and have a super day chickies.
Old 07-10-2009, 03:14 PM   #438  

Height: 5' 8" on a good day

Hey all
I've been MIA for a few days too.
Things are wacky here ( I'm involved in a class action civil rights lawsuit with 350 other people) and I've been eating more than I should. No super big blow out binges- but enough to make me not want to weigh myself on Sunday.

So far today I'm OP and am trying to forget about the last few days.

I don't think I'll make my 10 lb. goal this month.
At my age a week of screwing around with my food will make a difference in how I lose.

Anyway...I suppose it's all water under the bridge.....
I'm back on the wagon again and it's not over until the fat lady sings..........
Anybody else got a cliche
Old 07-10-2009, 03:19 PM   #439  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Tummy ~ Well, lets see. I've suggested this before, but there are extracurricular activities that can be done in the rain with the hubby...I mean, just saying. Who cares if you get a little wet and muddy? At least you will be burning calories, having some fun and keeping the spontaneity alive. Seriously, I know how ya feel, but for pushing through it anyways. Good luck with the p90, I heard it was quite the workout. I do hope you get your spunk back girly. Take care.

Suzy ~ I hope you get those stomach issues resolved and feel better soon.

Lauren ~ That is terrific NSV. Now about the weigh in's. Dunno, I would prefer to weigh in once a week, but I simply can not NOT get on the scale in the morning. Plus it's a good way for me to keep up with daily fluctuations so I don't trip out when I see the scale budge up a bit.

Mystical ~ Seriously, don't worry about it. If your OP then your losing fat. Fluctuations will happen darling, do not be discouraged.

Susie ~ No sweat dear. At least you are back in the saddle again and pushing forward. That is the most important thing. Good luck with the lawsuit.

As for me, the day has been great. I feel like I am back on track again. But oh my gosh at the swarm of mosquitoes we are having here. Seriously, you can't even walk outside without seeing them everywhere..it's like something out of a b-horror movie or something. I think I'm gonna have to get some candles, spray or something to ward them off. Urg, they are getting on my nerves. But anywho, I hope you ladies are having a uberfantastic Friday.

Last edited by Delphi; 07-10-2009 at 03:20 PM.
Old 07-10-2009, 03:48 PM   #440  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Afternoon all,

Yes Delphi I'm sure dh would have loved that, it really would have looked like mud wrestling, super hot! I'm feeling a bit better today but just not myself this week is all. I have those mosquitos too, the ones that look like birds!

Susie - Good to see you here and back on top of things again

Suzy - that sounds entirely unpleasant but hopefully it will pass as quickly as it came. Take care.

Lauren A - That's just incredibly awesome, fitness NSV's are simply the best IMHO.

Time to go just on an elliptical and maybe cut the rest of the lawn, it would be so nice to have it all done at once, it hasn't happened yet this summer.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:31 PM   #441  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Hellooooo girls! Well, I'm somewhere in OK and just driving, driving, driving Had a great week, but am glad to be heading home and back to my normal routine.

Delphi- so glad you and Canaan are home and that your awesome ped is taking such great care of you both!

Jacqui- you're right--but in my defense, I did plan for some wiggle room this month when I made my goals remember But you're right...

I'm on my Blackberry so I can't do many personals, sorry. I can't wait to catch up!

Thanks for all the nagging! I did get all my workouts in and I am glad I worked out Sunday because the girls had a really hard time settling down after we got to my dad's on Monday and I was up uber late with them and didn't get my workout in--but I'm still on track with my exercise and even finished week 6 of my HIIT in the TX heat! Ugh!!

TOM's also been with me since Monday so it's a wonder I didn't binge the whole trip. I only got about 64oz of water a day too, so I know I need more--it'll have to wait until we reach the hotel though, we're already stopping often for a sick kid (Emmy's got a stomach bug ) and I don't want to have to pull over to pee on top of the other.

Okay, I've babbled long enough! I miss you all tons and can't wait to get back to daily posting!! Ladies, I need you to call out my mom too to help her stay on track! She's not allowed to stop making healthier choices--so get on her girls!!!

Okay, hope everyone is having a great Friday and that you're Drinking Your Water!!!
Old 07-10-2009, 06:02 PM   #442  
Giovanna

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

SANDYE ~ There we go, being all physic again. Hope no one else gets Em's bug.

DELPHI ~ Glad to hear you are back on track. Isn't it wonderful to have a great ped? My youngest are teens and they still go to ours.

TUMMY ~ Sorry to hear you are in a funk! I've been in one too this week. I did not have to throw the ice cream away, I AM WILLPOWER WOMAN, WATCH ME RESIST TEMPTATION I hope your mood improves!

LAUREN ~ I weigh daily and think I should stop. It was great the first four days when I lost, but the next two or three I gained, and that put me in a very bad, no good, terrible mood. I'm still undecided. BTW, what is NSV?

As for me, this morning I was down just 2 lbs from the 1st of July, after being down over 4 at one point.I flaked out on execise one day, but have been good every other day. Time to hit the gym. Have a nice weekend everyone, and keep up the good work! Can ya tell I'm having fun with these things?
Old 07-10-2009, 10:10 PM   #443  
Giovanna

Just talked to Sandye, she's on her way home. Sure missed our daily emails, but didn't want to intrude on her "dad and stepmom time"

I am quite proud of myself at the moment. I had a great cardio workout (well, great for a 53 year old out of shape overweight grandma). I did 1.50 miles (usually do just 1-1.25) and 6 full minutes on the elliptical. My heart rate was near ballistic and I got a headache. Sooo, in order to prevent a stroke, I eased off on my plan of 10 min. I'm still alive, so I guess I'll shoot for 8 minutes next time! AND (this is the biggie) I ordered my FAVORITE PIZZA ( it was a very rough day at work) for my family. They like chicken, I love vegetarian. But even vegetarian has tons of cheese. I knew if it was in the house, I would eat four slices. It is that good! Soooo..... I ordered just their's, and I am having leftover fish and veggies. You don't know how big this is for me! This pizza is out of this world, even better than (gasp) CHOCOLATE! There, I said it. Well, it's time to reheat that fish, so I'll chat at ya later!
Old 07-11-2009, 12:49 AM   #444  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 286/275.8/185

Height: 5'6

I took time to go have drinks and see a moving with friends tonight!! DH moved a few things around, but if he doesn't finish tonight, I'm so doing it for him! I'm peeved that he's incapable of doing the 2 things I ask, but I can deal.

I don't know if I'll ever be able to stop. I'm beginning to wonder if the sore legs, back, feet, etc is just my new permanent state!!

I'm off to bed. 7a comes waaaay too soon, especially when you don't want it but have no choice! Yay body!
Old 07-11-2009, 03:08 AM   #445  
TransformingSince:6-26-09

S/C/G: 247.1/233.2/145

Jacqui_D,
Because of issues with my bathroom scale I need to change my starting, current and goal weight for this challenge. I still want to lose 12 lbs.

SW~247.1
CW~244.1
GW~235.1

Thanks!
Old 07-11-2009, 09:16 AM   #446  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Default July Weight Loss Challenge List of Participants (so far!)

Weight Loss goals are in this list. Exercise goals are in the sister thread--July Exercise Challenge http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=175369. If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed or edited in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Get back on track OP consistently; lose between 6-7 lbs
Sunflowergirl68: Lose 8-10 lbs; drink more water
NewShinyMe: Keep track of water intake; reach the 160's; stay accountable during the weekends
Jelder227: Lose 8-10 lbs
LaurenA: Lose 5 lbs
Lene1974: Drink 64 oz of water daily; lose 5 lbs
Velveteen: Reach 85 kg or less
Delphi: Reach ONEderland--MET GOAL!!; lose 10 lbs
Jacqui_D: Lose 7-10 lbs
JoyinSF: Lose 6-8 lbs
Crazymamaof4: Lose at least 5 lbs; eat even MORE fruits and veggies; try out a new recipe every week; stay POP at least 85% of the time
Jellybellyjess: Lose 7-10 lbs
Susiemartin: Lose 10 lbs to be under 225 lbs
Nellonello: Lose 8 lbs; maintain a 1000-calorie deficit 5 days a week
Linzluv: Lose 10 lbs
Mystical: Lose 8-10 lbs
Robbynmarie_k: Fit into a size 18; reach 48 in waist measurement; maintain a 1000 calorie deficit; reach 220 lbs
Sugarbaby269: Lose 8-10 lbs
Stephanielllll: Lose 8 lbs; drink recommended amount of water
Gekster: Lose 9 lbs; be more accountable on the weekends
Peachykeen62: Lose 8-10 lbs
Merose: Reach "overweight" on BMI chart; lose 9 lbs to reach 185 lbs
Joyra: Lose 10 lbs to reach 145 lbs; lose 10 inches
CakeBatter: Lose 6 lbs to reach 165 lbs; try to eat "clean"
JazzyPeggy: Lose 10 lbs to reach 273 lbs
Ms_Perception: Lose 5 lbs; take a multi-vitamin at least 85% of the time; lose inches, especially around the waist
Canadianangel: Go gluten-free
VickieLou: Lose 15 lbs
SuzyQ: Lose 5 lbs
Wifey: Lose 10 lbs; drink a LOT of water
Ashley4012: Eat no fast food; lose 10 lbs
Annie96: Lose 8 lbs; drink water every day; do not do mindless munching; measure and prepare food to stay consistent with Fitday journaling
TexSue: Lose 5 lbs; drink 48 oz of water per day
Glutio: Lose 10 lbs
Late_to_the_Game: Lose 7-10 lbs; drink more water
Iamren: Lose 12 lbs
Janis427: Lose 10 lbs
Lookingtobehealthy: Lose 6-8 lbs
JasonsLea: No "pigging out" in Alabama for BFF's wedding
Ruby5839: Lose 5-8 lbs; stay OP at least 5 days a week
Blondie32: Lose 10 lbs
CamiToo: Reach 220 lbs
LewisEmpire: Drink 64 oz of water every day; lose 8 lbs
Tracy: Lose as much weight as possible under 277.6 lbs
SteelersGirlie: Lower number of bad carbs eaten; eat more vegetables; lose 10 lbs
SkinnyJeansInWaiting: Lose 10 lbs
Moralia: Reach the 130s
Candtlove: Lose 10 lbs; drink more fluids
Just_a_dreamy1: No bingeing; drink at least 6 bottles of water a day; fit into size 7's with NO muffin top; eat as healthily as possible
Mommaof2lilmen: Lose 5 lbs; drink more water
Couch: Lose 3.3 kg (7.3 lbs) to reach 96.5 kg (212.3 lbs)
2beautiful2Bfat; Lose 10 lbs to reach 202 lbs
Paisleyprincess: Lose 12 lbs to reach 235.1 lbs
Mothermavis: Lose 11 lbs to reach 145 lbs
SoulMeetsBody: Drink 10 cups of water a day; try not to "pig out"; lose 4-5 lbs
Tummy_Girl: Lose 10 lbs to reach 189 lbs
Jacque9999: Stay in the 120s
Petunia418: Lose 10 lbs
PaperSkin: Reach the 160s
Old 07-11-2009, 09:36 AM   #447  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Good Morning you Sexy ladies!

Well slept in until seven and things are going well thus far.

LTTG ~ I love me some emotioncons to. Oh and on the the two pound drop. Don't be discouraged though. You are doing everything you need to do to live a more healthy lifestyle and that is a reward in of itself. Take comfort in that and keep pushing on. As far as daily weigh in's. It used to bother me quite a bit to see that I was up for no reason at all. But I will say that the more informed you are about flutuations, the more at peace you will be with ol' Darth Scale everyday. I write down my weight every day, so I'm able to go back and notice patterns with fluctuations, so I really do see them coming and mentally prepare myself for them. Needless to say, I never freak over the fluctuations anymore. Good to hear the news on Sandye's return. It's nice to have the inside scoop. I miss her dearly.

Sandye ~ Thanks Now hurry up, I miss ya chicky!

Tummy
~ @ bird mosquitoes. I think the ones around here are mafia mosquitoes....hardcore I tell ya. Well lets hope you guys have a brighter weekend and you get your mojo back. Good to have you back as well.

Glutio ~ Have fun.

Well I think TOM is pretty much gone or at least headed out the door. So in a few more days I should be rid of this water weight and can get back to watching a downtrend on the scale. I think my body is trying to readjust to how I deprived it for five days, but hopefully I can get the kinks out this week with a few high calorie days. Can't have my body trying to store every little oz of food I eat. So I'm thinking the next week won't see much progress, rather a week to get back into deficit mode. Canaan is doing well, still making lots of noise breathing though. But overall, good! Well I guess I need to get movin'. If I decide to have company tonight, then I need to do some laundry and some cleaning around here. I'll check in later, but untill then you ladies take it easy and be excellent to each other. (Another movie quote...any takers?)
Old 07-11-2009, 10:29 AM   #448  
Giovanna

DELPHI ~ ~ Thanks for the encouragement. I was considering weighing just once a week to avoid getting ticked off, but I think I'll continue daily so that I can track fluctuations as you advised. You are one smart cookie

As for me, I am down 2lbs today!! I need to have lab work done this morning so I am starving! Have a great Saturday everyone.
Old 07-11-2009, 11:00 AM   #449  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Good morning chickies!! We're. The road again--rough barfy night last night with Emmy so I'm just praying we make it home without having to catch or clean up barf today!

Mom- congrats on being 2 lbs down--see? I told you you'd see a drop soon! keep up the great work!!

Delphi- glad to hear TOM is heading out of town, he's mostly outta here for me too- Glad to hear Canaan is feeling better!!
Glutio- bless your heart, you're busting your heiny with all the moving prep! Try not to work too hard.

Not much to report here, just driving, driving, driving and I'm soooo tired! Unfortunately the girls aren't letting me nap so I'll just have to deal with it. Planning on doing my lower body ST'ing when we get home--there, I've written it so I've GOT to do it now!

Okay girls, I've got to find another movie for the girls, have a great Saturday ladies!!!
Old 07-11-2009, 11:30 AM   #450  
Giovanna

DRINK YOUR WATER!!!! Sandye forgot!
Closed Thread