Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 01:03 PM   #526  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

crazymama My goal is 145lbs but for me that doesn't necessarily mean when I hit that i'll stop. If I feel happy and healthy at 145lbs then great I probably would stop and start maintaining but hey you never know, I may want to keep going.

mystical wow - getting up in the mornings to exercise, now that's commitment!

just_a_dreamy1 sorry to hear about the split it was nice having you around and I hope you can stay OP

Ms.Perception I hope you get some good rest

Tummy Your DH sounds like my fiance "how am I going to feed myself when you're gone?!?!" So much panic over food

looking good job not gaining holidays are always sooo tough!

nellonello congrats on the -2.8lbs! You'll be seeing onderland in no time!

jacqui_D Yay on getting that all posted! Glad your computer didn't crash!

Glutio good luck with the rest of the move!

Last edited by L R K; 07-14-2009 at 01:05 PM.
Old 07-14-2009, 04:13 PM   #527  

S/C/G: 97/78/65 - 214/172/143

Height: 168cm - 5'6

Hi guys - just popping in to say I'm still at precisely 187.3! not down, but not up either... only 2.3 pounds over the next two and a bit weeks, so I'm not putting any pressure on myself.
Looks like some of the rest of you are doing really well though! I'm impressed
Old 07-14-2009, 05:39 PM   #528  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Default July Weight Loss Challenge List of Participants (so far!)

Weight Loss goals are in this list. Exercise goals are in the sister thread--July Exercise Challenge http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=175369. If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed or edited in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Get back on track OP consistently; lose between 6-7 lbs
Sunflowergirl68: Lose 8-10 lbs; drink more water
NewShinyMe: Keep track of water intake; reach the 160's; stay accountable during the weekends
Jelder227: Lose 8-10 lbs
LaurenA: Lose 5 lbs
Lene1974: Drink 64 oz of water daily; lose 5 lbs
Velveteen: Reach 85 kg or less
Delphi: Reach ONEderland--MET GOAL!!; lose 10 lbs
Jacqui_D: Lose 7-10 lbs
JoyinSF: Lose 6-8 lbs
Crazymamaof4: Lose at least 5 lbs; eat even MORE fruits and veggies; try out a new recipe every week; stay POP at least 85% of the time
Jellybellyjess: Lose 7-10 lbs
Susiemartin: Lose 10 lbs to be under 225 lbs
Nellonello: Lose 8 lbs; maintain a 1000-calorie deficit 5 days a week
Linzluv: Lose 10 lbs
Mystical: Lose 8-10 lbs
Robbynmarie_k: Fit into a size 18; reach 48 in waist measurement; maintain a 1000 calorie deficit; reach 220 lbs
Sugarbaby269: Lose 8-10 lbs
Stephanielllll: Lose 8 lbs; drink recommended amount of water
Gekster: Lose 9 lbs; be more accountable on the weekends
Peachykeen62: Lose 8-10 lbs
Merose: Reach "overweight" on BMI chart--MET GOAL!!; lose 9 lbs to reach 185 lbs
Joyra: Lose 10 lbs to reach 145 lbs; lose 10 inches
CakeBatter: Lose 6 lbs to reach 165 lbs; try to eat "clean"
JazzyPeggy: Lose 10 lbs to reach 273 lbs
Ms_Perception: Lose 5 lbs; take a multi-vitamin at least 85% of the time; lose inches, especially around the waist
Canadianangel: Go gluten-free
VickieLou: Lose 15 lbs
SuzyQ: Lose 5 lbs
Wifey: Lose 10 lbs; drink a LOT of water
Ashley4012: Eat no fast food; lose 10 lbs
Annie96: Lose 8 lbs; drink water every day; do not do mindless munching; measure and prepare food to stay consistent with Fitday journaling
TexSue: Lose 5 lbs; drink 48 oz of water per day
Glutio: Lose 10 lbs
Late_to_the_Game: Lose 7-10 lbs; drink more water
Iamren: Lose 12 lbs
Janis427: Lose 10 lbs
Lookingtobehealthy: Lose 6-8 lbs
JasonsLea: No "pigging out" in Alabama for BFF's wedding
Ruby5839: Lose 5-8 lbs; stay OP at least 5 days a week
Blondie32: Lose 10 lbs
CamiToo: Reach 220 lbs
LewisEmpire: Drink 64 oz of water every day; lose 8 lbs
Tracy: Lose as much weight as possible under 277.6 lbs
SteelersGirlie: Lower number of bad carbs eaten; eat more vegetables; lose 10 lbs
SkinnyJeansInWaiting: Lose 10 lbs
Moralia: Reach the 130s
Candtlove: Lose 10 lbs; drink more fluids
Just_a_dreamy1: No bingeing; drink at least 6 bottles of water a day; fit into size 7's with NO muffin top; eat as healthily as possible
Mommaof2lilmen: Lose 5 lbs; drink more water
Couch: Lose 3.3 kg (7.3 lbs) to reach 96.5 kg (212.3 lbs)
2beautiful2Bfat; Lose 10 lbs to reach 202 lbs
Paisleyprincess: Lose 12 lbs to reach 235.1 lbs
Mothermavis: Lose 11 lbs to reach 145 lbs
SoulMeetsBody: Drink 10 cups of water a day; try not to "pig out"; lose 4-5 lbs
Tummy_Girl: Lose 10 lbs to reach 189 lbs
Jacque9999: Stay in the 120s
Petunia418: Lose 10 lbs
PaperSkin: Reach the 160s
Synesthetes: Lose 2 lbs
Splitsun: Lose 2 lbs; maintain and monitor calorie and fat intake; drink 2 more glasses of water daily; add more fresh fruits to diet

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 07-15-2009 at 07:15 AM.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:48 PM   #529  

Just wanted to check back in with you, ladies! I've done very well today so far! Got breakfast in (oatmeal, fruit, and yogurt), lunch in (salmon and veggies), and 2 snacks in (boiled egg / grapes and string cheese). I've taken my vitamins, and I've had two cups of green tea and two 24-oz bottles of water and I'm on my third bottle now! (So CMof4 and Delphi, you can put away your rolling pin and nunchucks! )

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 07-14-2009 at 05:50 PM.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:17 PM   #530  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/135

Height: 5'0"

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing? Things are going well today! My DH and his brother fixed burgers on the grill and I didn't eat any chips or junk I had my burger on WW bread and had some fruit That was such a breakthrough for me. I can't believe it by now I usually give up but I am sticking with it Yeah for me LOL. I am taking all of your advice and I am going to set my alarm so I can get up and do my workout first thing in the morning before everyone gets up and my day starts. I will let you know how that goes. Thanks for the advice.
Keep up the great work!! Talk to you later
Old 07-14-2009, 07:11 PM   #531  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Afternoon ladies,

LTTH - on holding strong with temptation!

LaurenA and Nellonello - Whooohooo on the panties chickies that some awesome losses

Jacqui_D - Glad your computer held out long enough, that was a monster post and thanks it is nice to be a whole lot less rolly-polly, or jiggly-wiggly or lumpy-bumpy, wow I could do that all day, what fun! Good job eating great today, nice to see, maybe post again tomorrow so we can be sure about this new trend

Glutio - sorry about that, LOL, I was just saying, you know, that's what happened to me no comparison, honest!

Delphi - I know it comes from love hun, even as I was watching the blood pool in my leg I too was laughing, it was incredibly funny minus the after part now, which is just plain irritating. And don't worry I will be here to support (and laugh at you) through your next embarassing moment too

Merose - that's a super doable number wow, good for you!

Mystical - I'll be out there with you tomorrow, and so will a lot of other ladies, some great company, good luck and let us know how it goes!

Just popped in for a few b/f supper and a nice night with the family home. Got all the provisions for dh and dd while I'm away for a whole four days, how ever will they manage! Dh has actually never been alone with her that long, I think he's topped out at 18 hours straight in her whole 3 years, it's about time!

And I'm super proud of myself, I didn't workout today, just relaxed and there was even a nap in there just because I could. I feel like a lazy blob but a lazy blob who would like to run tomorrow but I'm not sure how that'll go. So regardless, I'm up with the birds and I'll either run or walk if I have to, dang it all.

This is the beginning of my third month and month two inches lost was 10.25, first month was 11.75 OMG, that's 22 so far!

Off for supper, and going to finish some laundry so I'm all ready to pack tomorrow, only two more sleeps till airplane, so excited.

Have a great night everybody.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:52 PM   #532  

S/C/G: 233/233/175

Height: 5ft7

Hello all you ladies, So glad to finally post. So happy for every and there losses. Thanks Tummy for the personal on the food list. Delphie, You are lookin hot girlfriend.
Things have been crazy at work I have been so mentally tired when I get off. I have not weighed myself in a week and I am hoping to weigh Friday morning. I have been trying to stick to 1200 cal instead of the south beach no carbs because If I blow it the weight comes back so fast and I feel like a ballon I have been taking those weight watcher entrees for lunch and have been faithful to stay away from the vending machine I am still jogging at least 25 to 40 min a day. Hope I can catch up to all you that passed me up.
If anyone has a 1200 cal daily food idea, please send it this way so I am not eating the same old stuff. Thanks girley's
Old 07-14-2009, 11:24 PM   #533  
Giovanna

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/145

Aw crikey! I just spend a half hour doing personals, and they're gone!!!

Woo hoo on the panties for everyone who stayed OP! From what I can recall (I'm old) Dephi and Tummy posted pictures and you both look FANTASTIC!!!l:LOOKING ~ HAPPY B'DAY!SANDYE ~ Woo hoo on the 155! I'm glad that dress will be worn again (if only for a moment)! What a silly question from DH. SUSIE -YEP!GLUTIO hope you feel better soon. JACQUI ~ your food choices are great! I'm hungry! Everyone else, I don't have time to go back, but stay strong and keep up the good work!

Okay, as for me, after gaining .6 yesterday (expected) I'm down
.4 today. I am very impatient! This is going way too slow! I did cardio tonight. Two miles on the treadmill (last time 1.50), but I tried the elliptical afterwards, and lasted all of a minute. Next time, the elliptical is first. Good night all.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:31 AM   #534  

S/C/G: 97/78/65 - 214/172/143

Height: 168cm - 5'6

mystical - well done on the healthy burger! It's sometimes so hard to say no when everyone is having something you really want, but the feeling of pride in yourself afterwards totally is worth it.

Blondie - sounds like you have it under control! When I'm tired I give in so easily

Tummy - you're shrinking before our very eyes!

I've made one of my goals for this month! I wasn't going to weigh in today, as I had a slightly dodgy food day yesterday, AND I'd already had breakfast...
and I was down to 186.2! that is officially a BMI of 29.9! I am no longer obese!

I didn't believe my scales so I recalibrated them, AND weighed myself on the Wii Fit and I was still 186.2! The only thing I can think of is that my scales must have been slightly off for the last few days.

Oh, and my mii on the wii fit got a little bit skinnier! funny

I was going to do a lot of personals this morning, but I've just got an email about a job! So I might just deal with that first... fingers crossed!
Old 07-15-2009, 07:28 AM   #535  

Merose!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! You're no longer obese!! Woohoo on the panties!!! Great job on meeting your goal!!! I'm so proud of you!!

T_Girl, not a "new" trend but a renewed "old" trend! Congrats on 22 inches gone forever, girlie!!

LTTG: I feel for you losing your post! That is what I was so afraid of yesterday! But what can ya do?! Good job on shedding that .4! Try not to be impatient! You're getting there, chickie!!

Mystical, WTG for staying away from the junk food!! Woohoo on the panties!!

Blondie, good job staying away from the vending machines and for jogging every day!

Looking, did I miss your birthday?! Happy Belated Birthday!!!

And Delphi, is today your birthday?!!!! Or is it tomorrow? I looked for your name under the birthdays on the main page, but you weren't listed. Let us know!!!

Ladies, I'm happy to report, I stayed OP yesterday, so the renewed "old" trend continues!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 07-15-2009 at 07:45 AM.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:50 AM   #536  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Good Morning Ladies

Well I stayed up late last night watching LOST and woke up late this morning, a bit older I might add. I'm still stalled out and by my calculations, I should be down another three pounds, four after today though. It makes absolutely no sense. You know what, I don't care what ol' Darth Scale says. I look and feel great..period! I do keep have reoccurring nightmares about Canaan, but other than that, I think I've minimized the stress and I got that suctioning device yesterday which really made my day. Sooooooo it's either post TOM water-weight combined with DOMS, or my scale needs to be replaced. At this point, if it weren't for keeping up with it for the challenges and to move my ticker, I wouldn't be tracking it at all. I see the weight melting away, so I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and perhaps get a new scale. I want one that has body fat percentages readings anyways. So as much as I wanted to move my ticker today, I just can't. My body is so sore from the day before yesterday. All those extras, killed my legs, they still hurt. But you know what, I don't care, it actually feels kindof good. I know that sounds a little crazy and all, but I've never admitted to being anything but crazy.

So you ladies have a great day and I'll check back later to do personals. I am gonna try to relax a bit and then squeeze my workouts in.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:13 AM   #537  
ISO my perfect body

Height: 5'7.5"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEARDELPHI...
I hope you have a FANFREAKINTASTORAMIC DAY! You deserve it! Welcome to your 30's~ The best is yet to come! PS, You look fantastic in your pictures, what a difference. Strut your stuff! Lookin' GOOOOoooooD! I am posting this now, In hopes I will be the first to sing you happy birthday today!
Old 07-15-2009, 08:45 AM   #538  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Hey, who's that hot new 30 year old on the block?That's right!It's You, Delphi!Happy Birthday!!

On a personal note...I hit the 150's today (158.4) and officially went over my 40# mark! I get to add another smilie to my siggie and move my ticker!!! Yay!
Old 07-15-2009, 09:48 AM   #539  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Yoo hooooo...oh DELPHI...yoooooo hooooooooooooooooo...

: celebrate:

Welcome to your 30's girlie!!

Okay, now that I've officially wished the Crazy Girl Happy Birthday , on to the personals...

Mystical
~ good morning chickie! Have you gotten your workout in? So glad you're feeling back on top this week! Don't sweat the gain--it's all part of the process. Muscle gain and fat loss, sometimes the muscle gain is more than the fat loss so you see an increase. Sometimes you retain water from a good workout, TOM, sodium, stress--they all play a part and you just have to roll with it. So long as you're eating right and exercising--you aren't gaining fat so it's all good!

JAD1
~ sorry to hear about you and your bf, sometimes when working on ourselves, it's best to go it alone--but I'm sure it was a tough thing to go through. Don't worry about not being here much, but know that we're here if you need us k?

MsP~ Woo Hoo On The Panties Girl! You did it--the 150's baby! And you didn't just tiptoe in, you jumped right in!!! Yeah baby! I'm so proud of you!!! Awww, how was your movie time with hubby last night? What a sweet guy you have.

Tummy~ how's the leg today? I hope it's well enough that you can exercise--we wouldn't want you going crazy with missing it! Speaking of which, you're at the half way point of HIIT! The intervals just keep increasing from here on out, but for some odd reason, after Week 5--isn't doesn't seem as hard to increase them. Not sure why, but those first 4 weeks were the toughest!

Looking
~ Happy Belated Birthday to you! Congrats on maintaining after a fun weekend!!!

Lauren~ Congrats on the loss hun!!

Nello
~ Woo hoo!!! You are so close to Onederland I bet you can taste it! You'll be there in a flash I bet! Congrats to making it to single digit 200's girlie!! I'm proud of you!

Jacqui~ thanks hun, I just spoke the truth is all. So glad you hung out with us yesterday and that your computer didn't crash before you posted! Glad that you've fallen back into your old New habits hun! I was thinking about you yesterday (even though I couldn't post to check on you) and was happy to see that you ate well and got your water in!

Glutio~ Glad to hear you're getting your breaks in--you definitely deserve them hun! Hang in there, it'll be over soon!

Delphi~ *snort* girl, are you pickin' a cleaning fight with me? Hmm? I mean, feel free, but know that despite you being taller (and therefore probably tougher) than me, I can clean pretty hard for a short chick! I just cleaned my kitchen yesterday--it wasn't gunna wait until Friday. My house didn't get all that bad while I was on vacation so perhaps, instead of a cleaning marathon, we could do a purging--wait, I'm pretty much done with that too...um...oh, how about a household project marathon? I've always got loads to do there! I could start painting Ab's room! Let me know! I mean, I could always re clean something, but what fun would that be? Before and After pics would be pretty boring. Good for you ignoring Darth Scale! How you feel is WAY more important! I think that maybe you should look into getting a new scale, or maybe replace the batteries in your current one? It does seem a little odd that after all this time you're still stalled. Either way, you're doing a fantastically amazing job hun!

Merose~ You're doing a great job hun! Keep up the great work! Keep us posted on the new job possibility!!

Blondie~ Nice to see you girlie! Sounds like you're been crazy busy! Good for you sticking to your exercising!! As for the 1200 cal thing--you might try checking out the Calorie Counters group here, they might have suggestions for you. I stick to about 1200-1250 a day and eat things like egg whites and baked apples with Kashi for breakfast, I was doing Lean Cuisine and Weight Watchers lunches for a while, but am trying to break myself of that and eat other things (ham sandwiches on light bread is my current fave), snacks like light yogurt and fiber bars keep me full all day and with dinner, I just try to prepare lean protein like chicken or fish (although I don't prepare fish nearly enough!) and make sure that I eat as many veggies as I can--either a giant salad or lots of colorful veggies (current faves are zucchini and summer squash). Lastly, I treat myself to a sugar free pudding every night--because I love to end the day on a sweet note! Hope this helps some.

Mom~ Woo hoo on the panties!! 2 miles!! See, you couldn't do that a few weeks ago now could you? Nope. You're coming right along! I'm not going to lecture you again, but when you get impatient you just need to go back and re-read my e-mails from yesterday. Heck, you could even print them out and hang them up! Hope work today is better than yesterday!! I'll e-mail you later!

Okay, well, let's see...I got a late start today. I slept in until 7:30 after a long night of girls waking me up. *yawn* I'm tellin' ya, I have completely forgotten what a full night of sleep is like!

I was up a smidge this morning 155.2, but I fully expected it so I'm not bummed at all.

I spent most of the day holding a whiny Ab--although she didn't barf all day () she was still feeling pretty awful. She just woke up so we'll see what today holds...please no barfing, please no barfing, please no barfing...

I had a wonderfully long chat last night with a very good friend of mine who I haven't talked to since I was pg with the girls--Mom, can you guess who it is? Hee hee, if you're thinking Stacie, you're right! I'll fill you in later.--She has gone through a lot the past couple of years and it was so nice to reconnect with her! She and her hubby are looking to move and now I'm on a mission to talk her into moving here! Wish me luck girls! I've been working on my Mom to move here and I'm not making much progress. Anyone wanna gang up on her with me? Just kiddin' Mom!!

Other than that, not a whole lot going on here. I was supposed to go out of town this weekend ALONE to meet up with another good friend for a Girls' Weekend, but I won't be going. With Ab being sick, the possibility of the boys getting sick, my fil's Birthday being this weekend and hubby possibly having to work on Saturday, it's just going to have to be cancelled. I am so bummed! Ahh, but I know we'll meet up eventually--we have to!

Okay girls, I'm done rambling. Have a wonderful day girls and be sure to...

Drink Your Water!

Last edited by iDream; 07-15-2009 at 01:46 PM.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:42 AM   #540  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Thanks for all the birthday wishes ladies. You guys are the best. 's!

Sandye ~ Painting sounds groovy. But I don't think I'll be able to get the paint this week but perhaps next week, I'll let you know. Before and afters will look awesome, or at least they will of us before we paint and then after, never mind the rooms. Hopefully, I'll get those extra funds next week and I can go buy all my supplies, if you don't mind waiting on me? We be poor folks around these parts. Yeah, when I pick up those supplies, I am gonna get a new scale to. Eight days with no movement, is odd indeed and it's not my metabolism, because I've actually been burning more daily the past two weeks than I have in the past few months. Weird is right! Even if it is stress, I mean your body has to use something to burn energy and if your expending more than your putting in, then it's got to burn something, even if it were muscle, you'd still see a drop on the scale..ya know? Tomorrow I'm gonna try the wii fit scale and see what that one says. Too bad about your weekend, hopefully you will get to have that girls weekend sometime soon though. Oh and on the abs girlfriend. I would love nothing more than to be able to see or feel my actual abs. You go girl!

MsP ~ for the loss girly. and thanks for the birthday wishes.

le ~ Awe, thanks girly. Hey I hope you have a groovy day as well.

Jacqui ~ Good to hear you got all those meals in. But shucks if I wasn't looking forward to breaking in these brand new nunchucks I just got off ebay. Oh and yes, today is the big day.

merose ~ Good luck with the job offer and thanks for the idea about the wii fit. Darth scale is trippin' me out lately, so I'm gonna try the Wii tomorrow morning and see how that goes.

LTTG ~ Someone said something yesterday on this site that might help. It was more or less comparing weight loss to a roll of papertowels. In the beginning, taking piece or two from the roll doesn't make that big of a difference, but the closer you get to the end of the roll, every piece you take, makes a significant difference. So yeah, it's slow, but simply take comfort in how great you feel and how fit you are becoming, not to mention extending your lifetime warranty a bit.

Blondie ~ I switch up my meals daily but like today. Nutrigrain bar before my work out, then a gatorade and fiber bar post workout. For lunch, 1 cup brown rice and 3oz of steak strips. An apple for snack then some chicken breast and veggies for dinner.

Tummy ~ Believe me sweetie, I am full of blooper reels. That's life and the great thing is that folks like us take them with a grain of salt and can see the humor in life and circumstance. Some people take life too seriously...ya know? So when are you gonna get into some challenges with Sandye and I? You know ya want to.

As for me, it's been a slow morning. My body aches so bad, from actually being able to do all that stuff Monday, that I believe DOMS set up, but who cares. It feels great. I'm gonna wait until at least late afternoon to get my ST in though, just to give my muscles a little extra time to chill out a little and then I'll get to it. Well, I'll check in later. I have to go drain the pool and get it ready. Hopefully, the weather holds out for us, so the boys can swim again today.
Closed Thread