Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 03:12 PM   #301  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Happy afternoon all, hope everyone's day is still on track,

Mystical - I'm looking forward to Wednesday just to find out how much you've lost too, the suspense is gonna get me. I'm not good with surprises but I'm trying to do better Congrats on losing anyway. I think FSA put it the best right at the beginning of the thread this month: "I always say, when you find that smooth road stay there!" And it sure helps when the scale agrees with our hard work. WTG!

Crystal - OP yesterday! Are you calorie tracking everything? Eating enough? Eating too much? High quality foods, good carbs? Ratio of macronutrients, protien/fat/carb? (30/30/40 works for me) Enough intense exercise? Too many carbs before bed (I eat my main carbs in breakfast and lunch and only veggie carbs for supper, high insulin impairs human groth hormone production while sleeping which helps rebuild tissues and aids in weight loss, or so my doctor said, this eating pattern has also eliminated my evening cravings as well)? Enough sleep? Any meds, over the counter or otherwise (I have stalls/slight gains with Advil and the anti-inflammatory ones)? Too much salt? Not enough fibre? Enough water? Too much stress? That's my review list for myself, I have it in my journal to check when I have issues and it has yet to fail me, there has always been something there that I found when I did my personal inventory that helped me straighten things out. Hope that helps it sure was long, sorry

LTTG - The colours look good to me, I feel you on the eating thing, this very morning trying to gag down something just so I can at least hit 1200 cal, who would have thought?

Penelope - Greece sounds divine and not to mention that hot little body that's going to get to go

I have a question for all you high tech folks out there (I know Delphi and Glutio have the GWF but I'm not sure who else has body buggs, etc.) I'm having a continual query about my lawn mowing calories. The sites (I use sparkpeople) says I burn way over 1000 cal for 85 minutes which I thought was ridonkulous and everyone agreed it was crazy talk. But now I have a HRM and it came up with 1320cal burn in 85 minutes, again I say ridonkulous. So what does everyone else's high tech monitoring devices say for lawn mowing? I mean I do have inclines in my lawn and monster ruts and it's ginormous and half of it is hay or some mutant weed but it still seems high and I'm obsessive and I WANT to know LOL .

Gotta go get my HIIT done, CMo4 made me jealous of doing week 5 and I'm on my last day of week 2, so excited to start week three...
Old 07-05-2009, 03:58 PM   #302  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

girls!

It seems everyone had a good day yesterday, which is awesome.

Congrats to all our losers this week! For once, I'm part of that group, down 2.2 this week.

I think it helps that I'm not stuffing myself at work. I just haven't had the urge. I guess because mentally I'm free from that place. So when the sups piss me off, I snap back then laugh! I'm also off alot this month. I took today off and three days the week after next for Sunshine's wedding. By the time I get back, it'll be towards the end of July. I looked on the schedule yesterday and realized that not only do I have the payday before my birthday off, I also have my birthday and the day after off! Hopefully, when August comes around, I'll have another position, either in the hospital or somewhere else.

Today's plans include lazying around the house, looking up apartments, and a little organizing.

TTYL!
Old 07-05-2009, 04:10 PM   #303  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Glutio, just get back on track!

CMof4, thanks!! I'm glad you are able to access us with your blackberry! Congrats are being down to 159.2 and 2 more inches!!

T_Girl, thanks! And congrats on your 1.5 lbs down!! I went to the National Institutes of Health website (I figured it would tell it like it is) and typed in "weight loss calories burned" and reading through their articles, they had a link to this website: http://primusweb.com/fitnesspartner/...e/calculat.htm. It has lawn mowing for 85 minutes, if you weigh 195 lbs, at 690.6 calories burned. Is that more in line with what you were thinking?

Mystical, can't wait to see what your WI is!

Crystal, good for you being OP!! T_Girl gave a great list of possibilities. Also, you've been switching up your exercise, doing some tough videos, and the reason you took off from exercise yesterday is that your muscles were sore! That means they have to repair themselves, so I am betting that your body is holding onto the water so it can repair those muscles. You shouldn't concern yourself with it. You've been OP so you are definitely not on an upward swing. It's not even possible! Just be patient, girlie! You're doing great!

LTTG, thanks! Congrats on being another .8 down!! Fantastic!!

Dreamy, you're going to Greece?! I am SO jealous! That is the one place I've always wanted to go!

Shari, congrats on being over 2 lbs down!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 07-05-2009 at 04:15 PM.
Old 07-05-2009, 04:13 PM   #304  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 286/275.8/185

Height: 5'6

I just need to vent because there's no one around here to vent to in person who won't just tell me to suck it up. DH is leaving in 10 days. The only think he HAS to do is pack his office up so that I can rearrange it. It'd be nice if he was willing to help with other things too, although I don't expect it.

He didn't do anything on Monday when we got back, but I did a lot of non-house related things. On Tuesday, I did some things in the yard with my grandmother before he got home along with some phone calls stuff, securing him a place to live and a ton of things like that. That night around 8p when I said I was tired, he had just started going through his desk. He looked at me and said "it's day 2 and we haven't done anything" like I'd just been sitting around with a stick up my butt the whole time!! So I started scrubbing down the cabinets and counters.

On Wednesday, I pulled EVERYTHING out of the cabinets and drawers, set up things to be packed away, rearranged all of the stuff left in the cabinets and pretty much bleached everything. I finished that up Thursday morning. I think on Thursday, he finished going through the stuff in his desk. Not packing it, just looking at it all. He has covered the bed with stuff, and a friend spent the night Friday and Saturday nights. So Friday night, he started going through everything piled on the bed and some things from his closet, moving it all into the living room taking up MY space. Friday, I ran errands all afternoon with my grandmother after cleaning all morning and letting him sleep in.

Well, yesterday, I woke up at 7:30a and started packing some of the things from the kitchen as best as I could while letting him sleep until it was time to run all over Mississippi. We came home last night and went straight to bed. I got up at 8:30a, got some things moved to the shed, re-packed some boxes from my office, fixed a piece of our counter top, packed up some things for Goodwill, all while letting him sleep in. He got up at noon. He had 2 boxes for Goodwill, so I put them in the car with my stuff (he didn't offer to help) while he made himself breakfast.

After he got up, I went to run errands -- return something to Target, get more boxes and stepping stones for the area around the A/C unit (I always ask him to go with me so I can carry more, but it never works), took everything to Goodwill and got some CHEAP curtains at Walmart to replace the tacky things on the windows on the front and back doors. Before even coming inside when I got home, I arranged all of the stepping stones I'd gotten with the ones I had before (and I'm annoyed that the area is like 2 inches too short for 5 rows of 12" blocks!)

I carried all of my things inside and went to check on him. For the 2 and a half hours I was gone, he ate breakfast, wandered around the house doing nothing, went to the bathroom and started shredding paper. THAT'S IT!! AND IT PISSES ME OFF.

It's just SOOO frustrating. He doesn't even realize how much space his piles are taking up, what they're keeping me from doing, just how stressful they're making everything feel for me. I know today was supposed to be our lazy day (massages at 4:30p!) but still. He hasn't even put any of his stuff in BOXES. He's just moved piles around!! I can't DO ANYTHING with piles of crap! I can't even pile boxes up because he's taking up the ENTIRE LIVING ROOM. It's not like I have a lot of time for all of this.

I asked him to do 3 things while I was gone -- pick out the work clothes he wants to wear this week and some t-shirts for next week, shave and shower. None of that is even difficult. Ugh!!!

Ok, back to work for me since once of us has to do something around here.
Old 07-05-2009, 04:14 PM   #305  

Weight Loss goals are in this list. Exercise goals are in the sister thread--July Exercise Challenge http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=175369. If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed or edited in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Get back on track OP consistently; lose between 6-7 lbs
Sunflowergirl68: Lose 8-10 lbs; drink more water
NewShinyMe: Keep track of water intake; reach the 160's; stay accountable during the weekends
Jelder227: Lose 8-10 lbs
LaurenA: Lose 5 lbs
Lene1974: Drink 64 oz of water daily; lose 5 lbs
Velveteen: Reach 85 kg or less
Delphi: Reach ONEderland; lose 10 lbs
Jacqui_D: Lose 7-10 lbs
JoyinSF: Lose 6-8 lbs
Crazymamaof4: Lose at least 5 lbs; eat even MORE fruits and veggies; try out a new recipe every week; stay POP at least 85% of the time
Jellybellyjess: Lose 7-10 lbs
Susiemartin: Lose 10 lbs to be under 225 lbs
Nellonello: Lose 8 lbs; maintain a 1000-calorie deficit 5 days a week
Linzluv: Lose 10 lbs
Mystical: Lose 8-10 lbs
Robbynmarie_k: Fit into a size 18; reach 48 in waist measurement; maintain a 1000 calorie deficit; reach 220 lbs
Sugarbaby269: Lose 8-10 lbs
Stephanielllll: Lose 8 lbs; drink recommended amount of water
Gekster: Lose 9 lbs; be more accountable on the weekends
Peachykeen62: Lose 8-10 lbs
Merose: Reach "overweight" on BMI chart; lose 9 lbs to reach 185 lbs
Joyra: Lose 10 lbs to reach 145 lbs; lose 10 inches
CakeBatter: Lose 6 lbs to reach 165 lbs; try to eat "clean"
JazzyPeggy: Lose 10 lbs to reach 273 lbs
Ms_Perception: Lose 5 lbs; take a multi-vitamin at least 85% of the time; lose inches, especially around the waist
Canadianangel: Go gluten-free
VickieLou: Lose 15 lbs
SuzyQ: Lose 5 lbs
Wifey: Lose 10 lbs; drink a LOT of water
Ashley4012: Eat no fast food; lose 10 lbs
Annie96: Lose 8 lbs; drink water every day; do not do mindless munching; measure and prepare food to stay consistent with Fitday journaling
TexSue: Lose 5 lbs; drink 48 oz of water per day
Glutio: Lose 10 lbs
Late_to_the_Game: Lose 7-10 lbs; drink more water
Iamren: Lose 12 lbs
Janis427: Lose 10 lbs
Lookingtobehealthy: Lose 6-8 lbs
JasonsLea: No "pigging out" in Alabama for BFF's wedding
Ruby5839: Lose 5-8 lbs; stay OP at least 5 days a week
Blondie32: Lose 10 lbs
CamiToo: Reach 220 lbs
LewisEmpire: Drink 64 oz of water every day; lose 8 lbs
Tracy: Lose as much weight as possible under 277.6 lbs
SteelersGirlie: Lower number of bad carbs eaten; eat more vegetables; lose 10 lbs
SkinnyJeansInWaiting: Lose 10 lbs
Moralia: Reach the 130s
Candtlove: Lose 10 lbs; drink more fluids
Just_a_dreamy1: No bingeing; drink at least 6 bottles of water a day; fit into size 7's with NO muffin top; eat as healthily as possible
Mommaof2lilmen: Lose 5 lbs; drink more water
Couch: Lose 3.3 kg (7.3 lbs) to reach 96.5 kg (212.3 lbs)
2beautiful2Bfat; Lose 10 lbs to reach 202 lbs
Paisleyprincess: Lose 12 lbs to reach 230 lbs
Mothermavis: Lose 11 lbs to reach 145 lbs
SoulMeetsBody: Drink 10 cups of water a day; try not to "pig out"; lose 4-5 lbs
Tummy_Girl: Lose 10 lbs to reach 189 lbs
Old 07-05-2009, 04:21 PM   #306  
Giovanna

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/145

GlutioOn, I feel your pain. What is it with men? Big dumb dummies!
Old 07-05-2009, 04:25 PM   #307  

Glutio, I've been married for 27 years and that's a man for you! The thing is, if you hold all that frustration in, you're going to come to resent how much he gives and takes in your marriage compared to how much you give and take, especially once you have kids! You need to tell him now how you feel. If something is bothering you, let him know. Tell him that his piles of stuff are getting in your way. Tell him that you are bothered by his puttering around when you are running yourself ragged. You can't control what he does after you tell him, but you can make him aware of how you are viewing things, and you need to express your feelings. Bottled up feelings are a dangerous thing for a long-lasting marriage.
Old 07-05-2009, 04:26 PM   #308  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tummy Girl View Post
I'm having a continual query about my lawn mowing calories. The sites (I use sparkpeople) says I burn way over 1000 cal for 85 minutes which I thought was ridonkulous and everyone agreed it was crazy talk. But now I have a HRM and it came up with 1320cal burn in 85 minutes, again I say ridonkulous. So what does everyone else's high tech monitoring devices say for lawn mowing?
It really depends on your weight and how high your heart rate is going. You can burn that much in that time frame, but you would have to be going really fast, up hills or something maybe, or somehow getting your heart rate up very high for all of the time or at least most of it. I would say someone heavier is more likely to burn that amount of calories though, you aren't all that heavy so I would say there's a chance it's wrong.

Are you like very out of breath, drenched in sweat, and feeling like you have been worked to death? That's how you'd have to be to burn that much in that amount of time. I am heavier than you, but just on my walks I easily burn 700-1,000 calories in an hour, depending how fast I walk and how hard I pump my arms...so, it is possible!

also, what type of HRM do you have? If you program in your weight, height, etc. it is more accurate than one that doesn't take your personal info.

Last edited by SkinnyJeansInWaiting; 07-05-2009 at 04:27 PM.
Old 07-05-2009, 04:27 PM   #309  
On a Mission

Jacqui, he knows how I feel, I already told him, but it's different when you're trying to let the person who is frustrating you know your frustrations and when you can just rant and get everything out.

Most of the time, he's really helpful with things, but as much as I hate to say it, I'm actually looking forward to a little time apart, at least when it comes to keeping the house clean!!
Old 07-05-2009, 05:42 PM   #310  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/135

Height: 5'0"

Glutio: I totally understand what you are going through. Last April my husband left for Canada while I was in Arkansas with the kids trying to get the house ready for sale and to finish up with all the packing meanwhile, having to go to work everyday it was crazy. It just seems the more you do the more you get behind or at least that is how I felt LOL
Sometimes you just need a place to vent other than you surroundings ar home. So vent away girlie I am here for you.
Old 07-05-2009, 07:39 PM   #311  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Hi Ladies,
I said I was going to be accountable on the weekends, so here I am. I was running around all day yesterday (still house hunting) so I didn't have a chance to stop by.
First of all, I have to fess up. I've been having a really terrible week eating wise. Instead of planning properly, I've been caught on the street at meal times and I ate out most days last week. Bad, bad, bad. My weight is up, but just a little bit, and I guess I should consider myself lucky for it (I was up 3 lbs yesterday, but today it's less than 1 lb.)
I guess the good part of all this is that this made me realize how easy it would be to put up the lbs. if I am not careful. I am NOT going backwards this time. I have lost the weight and it will stay lost.
Today my MIL is coming into the city to visit since my BIL is in town too. Another opportunity to go eat outside, but today, I did the sensible thing and told DH to go by himself and I stayed home. At the beginning of my journey I was losing well because I was not eating in restaurants at all and I was bringing my food with me everywhere we went. I kind of stopped being so diligent and my loss has slowed down significantly. I can't keep monkeying around like this, I have to get serious again if I want to see any real progress with the numbers. I am happy that I am eating much much healthier than I ever had, but the scale is not budging that much and I know exactly why.

So, I am putting it in writing for all of you to see. Today I re-commit to my plan, I will follow it. No excuses, ifs or buts.

Ok.. posting this now and then on to personals
Old 07-05-2009, 08:20 PM   #312  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Tummy: Welcome back girl, we missed you around here. Glad you hear you had fun and that you also learned something during your trip As for the hormones, supposedly when we have excess fat, some of the estrogen gets converted to testosterone so that totally would make sense.

Susie: Wow! How fast are you losing? And yes, I am familiar with those "I just ate too much junk" hangovers. Good thing is, you'll remember it next time you are tempted. If only the MIL's headaches were so easy to avoid

CMO4: Thanks for the water tips. I am still refining my techinque Enjoy your trip!

Delphi: I am so sorry to hear that Canaan is not doing well. I can only imagine how stressful this must be for you, but he is lucky that he has you as a mom. You are so strong and positive and I am sure that helps him. I will keep you two in my thoughts.

Jacqui: Glad to hear you did well at the cookout and on the panties!!!!! 179!

Glutio I guess you are going to be super busy for the next few weeks, eh? At least it's a great way to burn extra calories . Sorry to hear you had a hard time leaving your kitty behind. Ugh! I hear you on your DH. Mine tends to do things like that. I am a "things need to be done right now" kind of gal, and he seems to have no worries in the world. All I can do is either look the other way and do what I can elsewhere or end up getting super mad and doing what he's supposed to be doing...

LTBH: Good luck with the job!

LTTG: Congrats! Seems like you are losing daily

Nello:
I hear you on the lbs. Scary isn't it? You cannot have eaten all those pounds in one night though, so they will be gone soon.

Shari: Hope you find a new apartment soon.

Mystical: Glad to hear you are doing so well. Of course it will last! Oh and food scales and measuring cups are eye opening. What I used to think was a portion turned out to be more like 2 or 3

Penelope: WTG on resisting temptation Oh..and I've been known for mixing up the threads as well, so, no worries hehe.

Skinny:
Sounds like you found what works for you. Awesome!

Moralia: Sometimes we just have to do what we know works and let our bodies figure out the rest and eventually drop the weight. You have the right attitude

:Soul: Hi! What are Funfetti cupcakes?

Gekster: You are not allowed to give up! ..but of course you are already knew that.... I think you did mention you are using one of those sites to track your intake, right? Are you eating enough? are you drinking your water? How are your sodium levels? (too much can cause you to retain water) How are your measurements doing? (maybe it's just muscle mass, so if that's the case the scale wouldn't change much but your measurements surely will).

Ok...I hope I got to everyone. Have a great evening everybody and see you tomorrow!
Old 07-05-2009, 08:25 PM   #313  

S/C/G: 270/206/150

Height: 5-4

Glutio welcome to my life...
After 23 years and moving this past year, I finally learned my lesson.
3 boxes were all I needed. I dumped everything into them and told him when he had time to go through them to do so. At least all his crap was not in my way.
Do you think he learned.... NO... We now have boxes full of his crap in our crawl space which be promises to go through... This was the only way to save the marriage.... LOL
by the way it has been a year now. I told him he has until September to go through his stuff and then.... garbage dump here I come.....

Hope if nothing else that cheers you up.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:27 PM   #314  

S/C/G: 179.6/128/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newshinyme View Post

:Soul: Hi! What are Funfetti cupcakes?
It's a cakemix made by Pillsburry. It's basically vanilla cakemix with sprinkles in it, giving it a 'confetti' look.

It's also a big weakness of mine. :P
Old 07-05-2009, 08:40 PM   #315  
On a Mission

Newshinyme, I am just like you on the need things now! I'll ask him to do the dishes or take out the trash or something like that and he says "ok" but what he means is ok, in a bit. That usually doesn't fit my time table. I want it NOW, he thinks he can wait 3 hours. I usually wind up doing whatever I've asked, and he hears me and runs in and says he was gonna do it. Then he thinks I'm mad cause I didn't want to run on his schedule!
Closed Thread