Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 11:35 AM   #466  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Alright ladies I am back.

Sandye ~ Once again, I'm glad your back and on those size ten shorts. You've simply done an amazing job, you should be very proud of yourself.

Tummy ~ You're hilarious! Glad that you are up walking after such a workout yesterday. I hope you have a great day.

Jacqui ~ Hey sweetie. Hope you and the hubby had a great time. Give it a few days then try the scale again.

Glutio ~ I hope you get that stress under control soon.

Well as I was saying earlier, I had an interesting evening. Yes, Tummy, my friend did come over, but it was all quite innocent. In other words, no hanky panky. Which was quite hard. This is probably too much information, but he was actually the last man I was intimate with, *ahem* over a year ago *ahem* so yeah, it was tough. I noticed the day he came to the hospital that all those feelings came back, like he was never gone in the first place, but I just thought that was because I was in a very emotional and in a vulnerable state. Turns out, I definitely still feel something for him, which is why every time I have broken ties with him. I feel it when I am with him and it bugs the crap out of me. It's sooooooooo annoying. It's one of those situations I wish I could have emotionally unattached, hot, sweaty, animal sex...and I know I can't with him, it just doesn't work like that. Urg, so annoying. So yeah, it was nice having him here and shootin' the breeze, and I'm quite annoyed that I didn't let him rock my world, but what can ya do?

So enough of that. I am having a bit of trouble gettin' my groove back ladies and can't for the life of me understand why. Geez it was only five days and it feels like I'm completely off track. I mean I'm not eating off plan or anything, but my mindset simply isn't where it was and my weight, with TOM just leaving and then depriving myself while in the hospital...my body is just acting crazy for some reason. I'm having abnormal fluctuations. So I feel like I'm in limbo and I don't know how to snap myself out of it. Soo, I don't know. I'm not used to being stressed out. I'm your average, optimist that always sees the glass half full ya know? Always laughing and happy. Going from one extreme to the other really drained me I guess and I just feel blah and my energy levels seem depleted. I think I need a challenge or something new...or just something ya know? Urg, help me out ladies. What is wrong with me?

Last edited by Delphi; 07-12-2009 at 11:36 AM.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:44 AM   #467  
Giovanna

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Good morning chickies!

SANDYE ~ I won't say "I told you so (about the olive oil)"- so I'll just think it! Size 10 shorts?! Woo hoo on the panties! (Did I get that right?)

SHARI, SUSIE, AND GLUTIE ~ Sandye said it better that I could, and, YES Glutio,, she speaks her mind! I wish I were more like her. I'm the hold it in and hold a grudge type. Men have tunnel vision, and like I said before, they can be big, dumb, dummies.

DELPHI ~ Can't wait to hear about your evening!

TUMMY ~ So you're a fitness junkie! Wow! You are my idol!

JACQUI ~ Smart not to weigh this morning. I weighed after a chip binge, and oh-bad idea!

Well I am down another lb today That's a total of 5. Just .9 more and I'm into the 170s! I had a crazy day yesterday, and was going to flake on the workout, but thought better of it and squeezed it in after dinner. I did my lower body, and attemptedto do my abs. Dumb move after a big dinner. Yes, I said big dinner. I made a taco salad. Mostly lettuce and tomato, a third of a can of no-fat refried beans, one third of a pound of ground turkey, two thirds of an avocado (good fat), non-fat yogurt, non-fat cheese, and salsa. I don't think it was too horrible calorie-wise, buy oy! I have not eaten that much at one sitting in a while and I felt horrid! Sandye has been bugging me to measure so Ifinally did this morning. Since June 6th, I've lost 3 inches. Not much, and a tad disapointing, but I did not really start the diet until the 22nd. As for today, it's usually a rest day, but because I missed Tuesday, I'll do some cardio. Hope all of you girls have a great weekend!
Old 07-12-2009, 11:57 AM   #468  

Height: 5' 8" on a good day

Smile

Ladies - thanks for all the support. It really killed me to be totally honest with myself and change my weight tracker this morning .

I'm so grateful that you all are always there for me and hope I'll be able to return the caring and concern back to you or someone else sometime.

Jacqui_D -

I think Delphi,Tummy,CM4 and you have given me good advice.
I would like to change my July goal to 230.
That's a goal I know I can make.

My birthday is next Saturday and I know that I probably won't stay totally OP and Sunday morning is my weigh in day.
I'm going to go and change some of my other time sensitive weight goals.

I mean to get under 200lbs. and there's no sense frustrating myself with almost impossible goals, that might cause me to throw in the towel one more time.

Last edited by susiemartin; 07-12-2009 at 11:59 AM.
Old 07-12-2009, 12:04 PM   #469  

Height: 5' 8" on a good day

Delphi -
Maybe you are having a touch of PTSD.
Extreme stress affects the mind, body & soul.

I mean after all, last week was the week from ****.
What's more everyday stressful than having a child who is very seriously ill & being confronted with Industrial Medicine?
Old 07-12-2009, 12:14 PM   #470  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/135

Height: 5'0"

Hello ladies I hope all of you are having a great weekend. Sorry I don't have time for the personals. I have only 1 1/2 weeks until moving day and there is some big mix up with the uhaul and it isn't reserved on their computer so I have to go to the office and get that all fixed today. I am packing away all the dishes today and trying to get all the cabinets clean. We will be cooking on the grill until we move. I love the grill so that isn't an issue LOL. Well back to the packing and cleaning. I am staying on plan and trying to get all the water in I just seem to get busy and forget everything else. Have a great weekend! I check in later.
Old 07-12-2009, 12:57 PM   #471  
Sensewear and WW

S/C/G: 230/195.2/164

Height: 5'9"

I am jumping online really quick to share that I am down another 1 lb today!! It may be a bit of water weight after a not so healthy vacation but I'll take it. Hope you all are having a great weekend.
Old 07-12-2009, 03:41 PM   #472  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Hey everyone! We're back from vaca today and I'm so glad to be out of my van! It was a great week of fun with family, but defintely moments of being a little off-plan (never terrible though). I think the activity did keep me balanced though. I'll check in the morning and keep ya'll posted.
Weird thing though is that TOM never came this month...and I'm NOT preggers. Maybe the extra exercise and activity is messing with me a bit. Oh well, I can handle it for now, but now I'm just waiting like it's lurking around the corner....
Old 07-12-2009, 04:45 PM   #473  

S/C/G: 97/78/65 - 214/172/143

Height: 168cm - 5'6

I am down to 187.3, both yesterday and today, which is great, I don't know what I'm doing to be losing so much in the last couple of weeks.
Went over my calories today by a bit (or possibly a little bit more than a bit) but then I totally went out for a walk, like proper excersise) in PUBLIC. This might not sound like a big deal but it's not something I normally do. I made a promise to myself that I would do this when I reached this weight and I did, so I feel good about that.
This weekend for the first time since I've been eating really well I have been really depressed. It's something I deal with and I always though it might be influenced by my diet and I've sort of validated that thought. So I don't know why I'm feeling this way, it's not too bad or anything, but I would rather not have to have it in my life. It just takes it out of you, and I was doing so well. I think I might cry out of frustration. I'm proud that I managed to go for a walk, but I've spent the rest of the day in bed.
I am always so impressed with you girls (and guys) and how you manage your lives with children and husbands and work, it can't be easy! I feel as though I am just keeping mine together by the skin of my teeth always, and I just have myself to worry about!
I'm sorry to be such a downer, but it's really nice just to have somewhere to express this without feeling like I'm under any pressure.
I'm definitely going for another walk tomorrow.
Goodnight!
Old 07-12-2009, 05:00 PM   #474  
Giovanna

DELPHI ~ Susie is right. That week was extremely stressful for you, and I think it's just now catching up with you. Give yourself a little mental margarita, cozy up at home, take a bubble bath, read a good book, and breathe deep. I'm not sure what you do for exercise, but you might want to try something new. Dancing is fun and great exercise. Have you even tried tai chi? It isn't much of a workout physically, but mentally it's great. You'll get your groove back, just give it a little time. Take care of you for now
Old 07-12-2009, 09:07 PM   #475  
Giovanna

I HATE MEN Just thought I'd share.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:16 PM   #476  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Default It's that time again...

I decided to take pictures today since I won't have time for that on the 14th, it's crazy, brace yourselves. If I switch really fast between them it looks like I'm growing! What fun pictures are. So that's what 30lbs looks like off of me chickies. I even had to wear different clothes for the side shot since the old ones were so big all you could see was hanging clothes. In the front shot I had them all pulled back with clips, heehee.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F_July 12, 2009(2).JPG (41.0 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg F_May 14, 2009.jpg (19.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg S_July 12, 2009(1).jpg (12.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg S_May 14, 2009.jpg (13.9 KB, 8 views)
Old 07-12-2009, 09:56 PM   #477  
Sensewear and WW

S/C/G: 230/195.2/164

Height: 5'9"

TummyGirl - Congrats!! You are looking awesome. Keep up the good work.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:57 PM   #478  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Hey girls! Just wanted to check in before bed so I didn't get all behind and stuff...

Delphi
~ Susie is right, you had an insanely tough week last week! And even though you're Super Woman and all, it's only natural to feel out of sorts and not your 'normal' Super Self after a week like that. Take it easy on yourself, do some pampering and take care of you! You'll be back to feeling like your old self in no time! In the meantime, we're here for ya and know that we know just how Super you are even if you're not feelin' it.

Mom~ Hey, go ahead, you can say it! You DID tell me so! Don't blow off your losses like that! 5 lbs and 3 inches is awesome! We all start somewhere right? Every single ounce and fraction of an inch add up right? Just think of the inches you'll lose in the next month! It all adds up, and every little bit counts! Congrats on getting your workout in! Keep it up!!! Oh, and yeah, men aren't real high on my list today either--must be something in the air! Perhaps there's a rash of men getting their man-period this week!

Susie~ that a girl! You're going to get right back up and back on track--I KNOW it! Sorry you had to change your ticker, but I bet you'll be changing it again in no time with smaller numbers!!

Mystical
~ hang in there hun! Moving is such a pita! Keep up the great work and check in when you can!!

Nello~ congrats on the loss girlie!!! Woo hoo! That's wonderful!

MrsP~ Welcome back! Doesn't it feel great to be out of the car? Can't wait to hear about your vacation!

Merose~ congrats on the loss hun!! Sorry to hear you're feeling depressed. That's never fun. You should feel proud of yourself for getting out there and keeping that promise to yourself by working out in public! I know how you feel, I used to loathe the idea of walking/jogging in public! Now I don't give it a second thought (although if it's too hot I hide in my basement and use my treadmill! ). Hang in there hun! Hopefully you'll be feeling better soon, until then, we're here if you need us!

Holy craziness Tummy!!! ~ WOW! What a difference! Look at those arms, that tummy--or should I say, lack of one! You look fantastic hun! Talk about inspiring!! Thanks for sharing those with us--you're doing so awesome!!!!

Well ladies, nothing new to report here. It was a looooooong day! The kids were completely crazy today running around like wild chickens that got into some uppers--I'm hoping it was just a one day thing, ya know, a 'being trapped in a van for 2 days and needing to get out the excess energy' type of thing, because so help me, if they're wild like that again tomorrow--I might just lock myself in my closet!

Got all my groceries today! Couldn't find decent looking spinach so I'll have to hit another store tomorrow--can't be without my fresh spinach now can I?

I had a crazy urge to try on my wedding dress tonight! Not sure what's going on, I KNOW it won't fit, my body's changed way too much and it was snug the day I got married, but still...I just wonder how close I am to fitting into it again? Maybe next month I'll try it on...maybe...

Well girls, I guess that does it for me! I'm off to search for cute haircuts for my long, oval face! I'm feeling the need for a drastic change! Wish me luck!

Have a great night ladies! See you all tomorrow!!
Old 07-12-2009, 11:51 PM   #479  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Good Evening Beauties,

Delphi - No, you my dear are hilarious, and I quote, "emotionally unattached, hot, sweaty, animal sex." Now that may be the quote of the year my dear! I am personally fond of crazy monkey sex but I guess nay old animal will do. And honestly, I can't even tell you the last time I had that either Oh, don't be too disappointed, he will be baaacckk! Stress is bad, plain and simple and you just went through not just stress but like scared for child's life kinda stress. I hold weight and do weird weight fluctuations when I'm worried about a zit on my face! My suggestion is to breathe, find some new workout you like to switch it up and maybe let him rock your world a bit

LTTG - I've never been anyone's idol before, as long as I get to wear awesome shoes I'm sooo in! But honestly, you're too kind and it's just b/c I'm aggressive and crazy so I like to do workouts that are intensely challenging. Good job with the panties, I'd say that was bang on! And Woohoo on the panties yourself ! And look at you making up workouts, good for you! LOL on the I hate men, I would have to argue that they are good for certain things

Susie - Love the determination! Back at it and you'll be there in no time. I think there is endless wisdom in being realistic.

Mystical -So much moving going on around here lately, wow! Have fun getting everything ready.

Nellonello - You have 10lbs left till a wicked fun happy dance! What a great job you've done getting back at it b/c god knows water weight counts (only when it's down though!) Thanks so much I love seeing it in pictures it's just so hard to tell otherwise then, wow, you end up amazing yourself.

Ms. P - home, I can just see that stupid TOM hiding too, LOL, he's gonna get you when you least expect it. That mental picture was hilarious.

Merose - Congrats on the public exercise! I know how incredibly hard it is to do that and WTG! We're all downers now and again, heck mine was just earlier last week, fortunately some are up when others are down and we help each other and average out in the middle. Keep that chin up, you're doing great.

CMo4 -I was going for the pregnant look in the before pictures and I think it worked and you're very welcome, the before pictures suck so much to take but I won't trade that comparison for anything. Well, if you're pre-wedding shorts fit, won't the wedding dress maybe fit too? Makes sense to me, suck in hard and give 'er a go. I'm not sure if it was the trip my dd was totally hopped up on something today too (full moon?), i thought dh gave her speed for breakfast (and I did lock myself in the bathroom but just for a looong minute)

Time to hit the sack, finsh up my mani/pedi and read for a bit, got dd in bed (finally) she was crazy pants today, dh is working so I get the whole bed to myself until 4am and no annoying TV through the walls, ahhh, wedded bliss. But I did manage a very productive day, bathrooms cleaned, floors washed, even finished mowing the lawn so I didn't have to come back to gazelles in my backyard. Rest up, tomorrow is the start of another marvelous week ladies. TTFN.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:50 AM   #480  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tummy Girl View Post
I decided to take pictures today since I won't have time for that on the 14th, it's crazy, brace yourselves. If I switch really fast between them it looks like I'm growing! What fun pictures are. So that's what 30lbs looks like off of me chickies. I even had to wear different clothes for the side shot since the old ones were so big all you could see was hanging clothes. In the front shot I had them all pulled back with clips, heehee.
Looking good

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymamaof4 View Post
Well girls, I guess that does it for me! I'm off to search for cute haircuts for my long, oval face! I'm feeling the need for a drastic change! Wish me luck!
Good luck....I know when I cut my hair recently, it was the greatest change....and such an easy thing to do!! Such a small change can make such a big difference, not only in looks, but attitude!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Late to the game View Post
I HATE MEN Just thought I'd share.
I hear ya!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphi
It's one of those situations I wish I could have emotionally unattached, hot, sweaty, animal sex...
And sometimes that is the best kind....who knows, maybe it will work out and you will have some
Closed Thread