Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 10:03 AM   #376  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 286/275.8/185

Height: 5'6

wormwooddoll, my mom's scale was a WW one, too. I don't even know what mine it, but it seems consistent. It even gave me another .5 down today!

crazymamaof4, I take a supplement called Super CitriMax with ChromeMate which is hydocitric acid with niacin bound chromium, if I remember correctly. I also take (try to!) a green tea supplement from Dr. Schiff, I think. My grandmother gets those pamphlets and stuff from Reader's Digest and one of them was to get you to buy this book, The Fat Loss Pharmacy. I wound up finding it online for WAY less than RD wanted, and I found an e-book version which I read. It's basically about studies on different supplements and how in the trials, they've helped people lose weight. There's also a little section on specific people and their issues and what their doctors put them on which is how I picked what I wanted to take. I also want to take 5-HTP, but the drug store version made me SOOOO sick (like mega stomach cramping, throwing up all day, could barely stand up straight thought I was dying sick). They recommend to get one with a certain coating so that it doesn't dissolve until it's in your intestines because it makes most people sick in the stomach. I tried it again after the first sick day just to make sure that's what did me in, and I did start getting sick again but found eating something to be helpful.

I think the Super CitriMax was recommended for help with preventing pre-diabetes, and I have a mild insulin resistance right now that my doctor keeps threatening me with getting diabetes. One of the meds that I take for the insulin resistance is a diabetes medicine, but it's usually what keeps me from being constipated! I have a long history of issues in that department, and while the med makes my tummy upset sometimes, being able to go regularly is almost worth it.

As for me, I am SOOOO rocking this week! This morning, the happy scale said 278!! That's 6 pounds since Monday, even if I think most of those pounds were stomach issues. It still rocks my socks!
Old 06-05-2009, 10:08 AM   #377  

S/C/G: 301 / 298 / 175

Height: 5'5

Blargh. Had a wonderful, healthy dinner planned yesterday but found out at the last minute that my crockpot had broken so my roast never cooked. As a last minute change we decided on KFC's new grilled chicken, held the biscuits with green beans and mashed potatoes (no gravy) as sides. All in all the meal was around 400 calories but the sodium must have been horrible as I weighed two pounds heavier this morning.

But today is a new day and hopefully the water weight will go away quickly
Old 06-05-2009, 10:11 AM   #378  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

AtlGirl ~ How was that grilled chicken? I've been on this "new lifestyle" so no fast food at all for me, but man, what I wouldn't give for some KFC...

Glutio ! Wow girly, you are on one heck of a roll this week. Keep it up!
Old 06-05-2009, 10:15 AM   #379  

S/C/G: 240/196/135

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone,
I've been working hard and sticking to my new diet. There are so many temptations I've encountered and it's only the fourth day! I managed to do a full body workout yesterday with my boyfriend the bodybuilder and I feel great! I even drank a whole gallon of water. I'll be going to the gym in about 10 minutes to do some intensive cardio. I know 90 percent is water weight but my scale said 197 this morning that's half my goal for the month. ^-^

Keep it up girls. We can all meet our goals if we work hard! Good Luck!
Old 06-05-2009, 10:49 AM   #380  

S/C/G: 301 / 298 / 175

Height: 5'5

Delphi, the taste is fantastic (better than the fried oddly enough). The calories are also very low but don't think we'll be getting it again. The amount of sodium is just too high for my taste.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:57 AM   #381  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/115

Hi Girls!

Quick check in. I stayed within my calorie range yesterday, even though it was hard. . . Down to 162.2 so another .2lbs loss. It's coming off slowly but surely!

Keep up the good work ladies!
Old 06-05-2009, 11:45 AM   #382  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Default June Weight Loss Challenge List of Participants (so far!)

Weight Loss goals are in this list. Exercise goals are in the sister thread--June Exercise Challenge: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=172728. If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed or edited in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Lose 6-7 lbs
Delphi: Lose 10 lbs; keep a 1000-calorie deficit everyday; eat at least 1200 calories everyday
Blondie: Lose 10 lbs (?)
Jacqui_D: Lose 10 lbs to reach 177 lbs; eat breakfast within 30 min of waking up; eat at least 4 out of 6 times a day, not missing more than 1 full meal a day; do not miss eating any 2 times consecutively
VickieLou: Lose 12.5 lbs to reach ONEderland
Gatorgirl6: Lose 10 lbs; stay OP 6 days a week; drink more water
Crazymamaof4: Lose 5 lbs to reach 166.4 lbs; lose inches; stay OP at least 85% of the time; eat more fruits and veggies; try at least one new recipe a week
Lene1974: Lose 5 lbs; take a vitamin daily
JasonsLea: Lose 10 lbs; apply for at least 10 jobs; set a bed/wake-up time
Wifey: Lose 11 lbs to reach ONEderland
Ja23: Lose 8 lbs
LaurenA: Lose 8 lbs
Susiemartin: Lose 10 lbs
Glutio: Lose 10 lbs
Biju: Lose 8-10 lbs to reach 125-123 lbs
Jacque9999: Lose 4 lbs; lose inches
Squeeze: Lose 10 lbs
Babes315: Lose 5 lbs by June 11th; reach 175 lbs by the end of June
WormwoodDoll: Lose 10 lbs
Hattie22: Lose 7 lbs
Blondie32: Lose 10 lbs
Michelle0630: Lose 5+ lbs to reach the 140s
Plexi: Lose 10 lbs to reach 159 lbs
NewShinyMe: Stay OP 6 days a week; reach the 160s
Wistfulgirl: Lose 7 lbs
Nellonello: Lose 8 lbs; keep a Sensewear calorie deficit of 1000 calories per day
100percentME: Lose 9 lbs to reach 130 lbs
Dragonfly: Lose 10 lbs/4.5 kg
Fattopia: Become a Size 20
Lookingtobehealthy: Lose 8-10 lbs
Kswood87: Lose 8-10 lbs to reach at least 179 lbs
Leigh: To reach 211.6 (20 lbs down goal)-209 lbs (10 % goal)
AtlGirl: Stay OP; lose 11 lbs
Tummy_Girl: Lose 12 lbs
Tracy: Lose 10 lbs
Ladyfyre: Lose 12 lbs
Sheena41: Lose 3 lbs
Mizmizzy: Lose 12 lbs
SupaChix: Breawna: Lose 8 lbs
SupaChix: Jodi: Lose 6 lbs
HisSweetGypsyRose: Lose 8 lbs
Mtphotochick: Lose 10 lbs
Janis427: Lose 10 lbs
Dollypie: Lose 10 lbs
Odysseygurl: Lose 12 lbs
Lewisempire: Lose 10 lbs
Urockmom: Lose 6.5 lbs
Lowandfat: Maintain weight loss (?)
Ms_Perception: Reach 161 lbs
Abielle: Lose 10 lbs
Canadianangel: Wear size 14 pants
Couch: Lose 4.2 kg, (9.2 lb) to reach 99.9 kg (219.8 lb)
RubyJan: Stay on Atkins' induction
Bahecasmart: Lose 10 lbs
Gekster: Lose 10.7 lbs
Saramommy: Lose 8 lbs to reach 147 lbs
Velveteen: Reach 85 kg or less
Iaradajnos: Go to most successful calorie restriction of 1300; reach highest weight within "healthy" weight range on BMI chart by June 18
SuzyQ: Lose 5 lbs
Econ_nerd: Lose 10 lbs to reach 234.6 lbs
Dandk0204: Lose 15 lbs
Tamikazie: Lose 6 lbs
Old 06-05-2009, 12:26 PM   #383  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Lene, somehow I missed the information that you had a UTI! I hope you feel better soon! Man, those are the worst!! If I even think I begin to feel one coming on, I hammer down the cranberry, cranapple, crangrape, and/or cranraspberry juice! You'd be surprised how often that works to straighten out the acidity and kill the bacteria responsible for those buggers! I don't know how you possibly could have gotten one with the amount of water you've been drinking, but get well soon, girlie!!

WWDOLL!!! CONGRATS on reaching ONEDERLAND!!!!! Those 200's are GONE!!!

CMof4, yep, wellbutrin was awful for me too. I was really hopeful, but nope. It made me break out into a rash and I guess that's a MAJOR danger sign, so they didn't bother to wean me away off of it--they yanked it right now! I'm sorry you're suffering from constipation. I just don't get it. It seems that all of us who drink lots of water and eat lots of veggies and roughage like they tell you to do, without even going overboard, end up sooner or later getting constipation. Like I told Delphi before, I tried everything the first month, including prunes, and the thing that finally did it for me was red, yellow, and orange peppers roasted with vidalia onions, olive oil and a touch of italian dressing. So I don't know if peppers have a property in them to clear that problem up or if I just lucked out! OH!! on the 30 lbs down!!! Woohoo on the panties!!! Our weight loss seems to be taking a similar path!! Isn't it great?!

LaurenA, congrats on the 1 lb down and 3 for the week!! Great job!!! You're doing it right, girl!! Keep it up!!

Dollypie, great job planning ahead for the wedding! You've done so well so far and you can do it! e

Delphi, yeah, days of spaghetti probably was pushing it, lol! But still you lost a lb, so that's incredible!

Glutio, on the 6 lbs down!! WOW!! You ARE rocking it!!!

AtlGirl, you did a great job on a spur-of-the-moment switch of plans! Don't get down about the water weight; it will come off! The good news is that you stayed away from adding REAL weight!! Good for you!

Odyssey!! Great job staying OP and working out!! Are you saying that you lost 6 lbs? I'm a little confused by the water weight comment, and I'm not sure what weight you started out at, although your stats have your CW as 203. So if you're saying that you lost 6 lbs this week to reach ONEDERLAND, CONGRATS!!!!!! That is FANTASTIC!!!! Keep it up, girlie!!!

Abielle, woohoo on another .2 down!!! Great job staying OP!!

As for me, I have eaten breakfast today and my DH is grilling chicken right now for lunch! Yay!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 06-05-2009 at 12:48 PM.
Old 06-05-2009, 12:42 PM   #384  

Good afternoon girlssssssss and Happy Friday!

What great n ews. We have many success stories so I think I'll start with the congrats.

Jacqui and crazymama, congratulations on the 30lb. mark laidessssssssssssss :car rot: Your kicking it girls, wtg.

Jacqui, yes I've been blessed w/a nice family..been lucky that way and it's something I never take for granted. Thanks chick and congrats on the additional loss

crazymama, wtg! : ). Yesssssss, I did take my measurements (finally) around mid may (prior to th at I had just done my waist). I really wish I had taken them initially because there is no question that hips, thighs, butt have really dwindled . I checked them the other day but havn't seen much movement (though it's only been 2 weeks) but I think i lost some in my arms. I'm glad you asked about that and thanks for reminding us all to do that. It can at least provide some sanity if/when the scale isn't moving.
congrats to you again, your doing wonderful crazymama You keep on truckin. Oh and the constipation issue, might want to try some prunes (docs often recommend that). Thanks chickie oh yeahhhhh, the haddock is so good! It's light, low in cals, omega 3's....the whole shebang. Try it sometime .

Susie, Lauren, MsPerception, glutio, and Abiele, congratulations to you all as well on the losses girls :carr ot: wtg chickies! That put you all at about approx. a 15lb. loss collectively!

posting this, brb
Old 06-05-2009, 01:01 PM   #385  

I hope I didn't miss anyone, congrats to all of you on your success thus far

Jacquiiiiiiii, that sounds like a yummy lunch that your DH is making Bon apetit!

wormwoooooood doll and Odyssesy congratulations on the losses as well girls, great job

Delphi, hi girl. That's just fluid! IT will come right off chick. Like our Jacqui said, your doing marvelous. Carbs retain fluids, that's prob what nailed you (I used to go up 2lbs. almost religiously after eating pasta..lots of it though). Some of those sauces can be quite salty as well and add to the fluid retention. I used to use ragu (it's very tasty) but have switched to Hunts tomatoe sauce (in winter when watching sugar, sodium, etc). It's lower in cals and sugar and maybe sodium. It tastes plain at first if your used to Ragu but I season mine by (lightly sauteeing some finely ground garlic in pam first or use garlic powder) and adding a little oregano, pepper, and a pinch of rosemary sometimes. I love it now.
Sounds like TOM might be looming the way yyou describe things. Feel better chicky Hoping the sunshine comes your way andyou get out a bit. I always start getting cabin fever when I stay in too much.

Mrs.P, as far as sauces go....the homemade stuff can't be beat. I was a little suprised when you said you lose after it, I tell you chicky that sounds pretty darn good. I would like to try it sometime. Keep on truckin' and congrats once again .

Altgirl, hang in there. When it comes on that fast it is usually fluids. A good day with plenty of lean protein, salads and veggies, etc. and lot's of water should h elp flush it away. Keep on truckin' .

urockmom, I'm glad you had a great Birthday with DH. Mine didn't even want a party this year ( I have the family over for his birthday usually) and it worked out perfect because my parents wanted to take us to dinner for his birthday (back in March) and we ended up celebrating .
I am so glad we are going to have a nice weekend. We are thinking to bring lunch and go to the beach (sandypoint), hope we get parking as that is not an easy place to get parking. You have a great weekend too!

posting
Old 06-05-2009, 01:11 PM   #386  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Hey again! Back to check in on you lovely ladies!

Lauren~ WTG hun! Keep up the great work!!!

Dollypie~ sounds like you have a fun weekend ahead of you! Be careful hauling that sand--that stuff is heavy! Especially after the 10th bag or so!

Delphi~ yeah, I'm excited about getting the Active--we'll see how it goes! Yeah, stool softener doesn't work (dr's had me taking some after I had the girls for some reason and I never noticed a difference), I might have to try Jacqui's pepper recipe!

Glutio~ 6 pounds!! That's crazy fab!!! Keep up the great work! Thank for the info on the supplements!

Atlgirl~ aw man! Your crockpot broke? That's rotten! Oooh, I gotta say, I'm jealous you tried that new grilled chicken--it looks gooood! And I love those evil biscuts! Love them! Bummer about the 2lbs, but I'm sure you're right--drink lots of water and it'll be gone in no time!

Odyssey~ woo hoo! Sounds like you're moving right along! Keep up the great work!

Abielle~ another loss! WTG girlie!!

Jacqui~ thanks for the pepper tip--I'll have to try it! I wonder if it's the peppers or the olive oil maybe? Hmm...it's worth a shot and I could always use some more veggies!

FSA~ oh good! I'm glad you took them! Now I don't have to come hunting you down with a tape measure! You're doing a great job girlie--that scale will finally kick in and start behaving itself! Just keep doing what you doing!

Okay girls, well, lunch is over and it's now time to purge and organize the boys' dresser! Woo hoo! I bet you wish you were me!

Hahahaha!

Hope everyone is having a great day! How much water have you gotten in today?! Hmmm?

Last edited by iDream; 06-05-2009 at 01:12 PM.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:21 PM   #387  

Dollypie, wtg on being OP, have a great time at the wedding tomorrow

Tamikaze, congratulationssssssssss on the 5lb. loss :che er3: and also congrats to tummgirl

Girls sorry if I miss you, the posts are flying. THis is rocking, so many losses so far.\

OH I have to go. A big hi to all of you girls.

SuzyQ, I scrolled back a few pages to double check the posts and though I always read them all , I am slipping up a bit in responding to all and I wanted to say sorry I missed responding to your plea of ideas. When I come back, your numero on my list. Hang in there with us chat soon
Old 06-05-2009, 01:36 PM   #388  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Well I managed to get my Strength Training in, even though I feel like going and laying down. Urg, it's soooo annoying to feel like poo! Alas, I did it and as always felt good while doing it, but now, I just wanna go lay down again. What the hay? Isn't exercise supposed to give you energy...not deplete you of it? Oh well, I think it will be a very short day for me. I don't see me staying up too much past seven tonight. I'm ready to get this day over with already.

No time for personals ladies, I'll catch up later. I think I'm gonna go take another shower and perhaps even curl up with my two yr. old and watch some PBS.

Everyone is doing great..
Old 06-05-2009, 02:00 PM   #389  

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Afternoon Chicas
Delphi - I just think that I am faustrating with eating right and getting in exercising and seeing the same 2-3 lb go back and forth. I barely have time to get in more exercise. I have parked further away, take the stairs everyday. I was just feeling a little hopeless
Jacqui - Thank you for the encouragement. I do need a . Thanks

NSM - I have to try to get in some more exercising. Like I said to Delphi, I do park away from my work place. I take the stairs to my office. I am, on weekends, catching flyballs that my son hits, which is alot .

Lookingbetter - I have to get myself into thinking "I can". I think about all of the "I can" when ever I have to go to a function, especially a family function. I def think about how my all time favorite store was and still is Express. And everytime I go to the mall I constantly think one day and sigh. I have to start thinking " Express, I'm coming for ya".
Thank you all very much for the encouragements. I def needed them. My WI is on Wednesday so I'm going to push myself a little harder this weekend.

Suzy
Old 06-05-2009, 02:18 PM   #390  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

ATLgirl--That KFC grilled chicken looked mighty good to me, too. The a skinny but very healthy conscious friend mentioned how it's pumped full of MSG right before DH and I were going to go get some. So, I guess if I do KFC, I'll stick with original and peeling the skin off. (Still not great, but so dang yummy when I'm in the mood for it.)

I can't remembered who asked, but my spaghetti sauce is pretty simple. Diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, italian seasoning (I sometimes use them individually..oregano, basil, etc.), garlic, onion, green peppers, a couple tsp. of sugar/brown sugar/splenda (whatever you prefer. I like a little sweetness in my sauce.) and extra lean ground beef. I brown the meat, drain the fat, do the diced peppers and onion in the skillet a few minutes then add a couple cloves of garlic for a minute and add the tomatoes and tomato sauce and simmer for awhile. The sugar goes in about 10 minutes before I'm going to serve it. Okay, if you're not into cooking that sounds complicated, but I love to cook, so it's no big deal especially since I've done it a million times.

I've already "expelled" the extra weight from this morning, so I feel like I'm still on track. Speaking of constipation (or lack thereof)...I don't usually have that issue, but whenever I eat horribly off-plan it certainly does cause things to process quickly for me! I don't recommend it for laxative use though! LOL Also, beans, peppers, some dairy (maybe try Activia yogurt) and corn each have that effect on at least one person in my family. Just FYI.

I guess that's enough from me for now. Hope everyone has a skinny day and a great weekend!

Last edited by Ms Perception; 06-05-2009 at 02:18 PM.
Closed Thread