Old 05-16-2009, 01:07 PM   #436  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Lewis, SIZE 12!!! Woohoo!!!! That's exciting! Just think, before you know it, ALL your clothes will be that small!!

Fenderella, that was sweet of you to come on here and let us know how you are doing, despite feeling so bad. Get well real soon!

Delphi, lol! I believe it that 8 am is sleeping in for you! You get up so early! I'm glad you got to sleep in and that you have a great day of garage sale hunting planned! (I'm a sucker for that too--garage sales, flea markets, auctions, thrift shops--I love treasure hunting!) Have fun!

Hi to all our other ladies! Have a great weekend and make it a good OP one!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 04:05 PM   #437  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Wow! You ladies have left me a lot to catch up on!

Sorry to be MIA, but my computer crashed!!! I swear I thought I was gunna die right then and there. I take an obscene amount of pics and all of 2008 & 2009 were on my hard drive with no back up! Thankfully hubby is very computer savvy and managed to not only find the files, but back them up on a new external hard drive AND fix the computer! Whew!

So, real quick here's an update. TOM showed up an hour after I threw my hissy fit wishing it would just show up and get it over with (if I knew that's all it would take I would have thrown my tantrum sooner! ). Thursday night I wasn't able to do my cardio because the power went out and all heck broke loose with screaming kids and crazy weather. I was mad! I'm hoping Jacqui doesn't hold it against me--it was 'Beyond my control'!!! I couldn't even power walk outside because of all the lightning!

I've been 100% on plan otherwise. I haven't have any of my regular TOM cravings and I'm still working out--although I have had to force myself more than usual to get on the treadmill or pick up the weights.

The best news is, I'm down to 178.6 today!!! I can't believe I'm in the 170's again! It's been a looooong time!

Okay, well, hate to post and run, but I have to start trying to figure out what to make for dinner and stuff. I'll be back tonight after everyone's in bed to catch up and post personals!!

I missed you girls!! And I hope that while I was gone you were good little chickies and that you DRANK YOUR WATER!!!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!!
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 06:17 PM   #438  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

The day was a success by all accounts. I managed to speed walk by all the ridiculously delicious food at the mall. OH MY GOSH...that stuff smelled sooooooo good! Ended up buying me a new pair of shoes to exercise in and some snazzy exercise socks.

The rest of the afternoon was spent covered in acrylic paint. My oldest and I painted then assembled the coolest solar system model ever! We had a lot of fun though.

I've stayed on plan but no exercise as of yet. Unless you consider the two miles we walked at the mall exercise. But hey, the day isn't over yet, I may still get it in.

on getting into the 170's crazymomma! You are doing such an incredible job! Hey you keep showing TOM who's boss and push through those work outs!

Jacqui ~ Yeah, up at seven and I really felt bad. I have gotten so use to my routine lately it threw my entire day off, hence me not getting in that treadmill this morning.

Fenderella ~ Hey I hope you get to feeling good soon.

LE ~ Well if you are anywhere close to sumner country that may very well happen.

Lene ~ on that one pound drop.

FSA ~ Well we got more of the same today. More rain and rain and guess what more rain! I'm glad things are so beautiful there with you guys, it sounds like a quaint little town you guys live in.

Well I hope I didn't miss anyone, I need to go check my concoction I have brewing in the Crockpot and hopefully get some time with the treadmill in a bit. You ladies take it easy and enjoy your evenings! Tomorrow is my official weigh in..wish me luck!

Last edited by Delphi; 05-16-2009 at 09:53 PM.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 08:29 PM   #439  

CMof4!! We've missed you!! I was just asking about you on the other thread! And since it wasn't your choice, I think we might be able to let "Act of God" work as an excuse for you missing a day of cardio without penalty, lol!! Congrats on reaching the 170's!! Woohoo!! And thank goodness your husband is a computer whiz!! Oh my, if you had lost those pics...well, let's not think about that! Good to have you back girlie!!

Delphi, it sounds like you had a great day! Good for you! You deserved that!
Old 05-16-2009, 08:31 PM   #440  

Default May Weight Loss Challenge List of Participants (so far!)

Weight Loss goals are in this list. Exercise goals are in the sister thread--May Exercise Challenge. If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Lose 8-10 lbs
Jacqui_D: Lose 10 lbs to reach 187 lbs
SuzyQ: Lose 5-10 lbs; get "rear in gear"
CakeBatter: Wear any size 10; lose 7 lbs; keep working Flylady plan
Tammyjo: Lose 10 lbs
Jacque9999: Lose 1.5 - 2 lbs a week
Shrinkingleah: Lose 7 pounds by June 1st
Rowenna: Reach 105 lbs; feel great about self!
Hattie: Lose at least 5 lbs; reach at least 192 lbs; keep eating OP
BellaEllaEllAaa: Eat more fruits and veggies; drink 8 or more glasses of water throughout the day; stay positive, be supportive, and ask for support when needed
Mikayla: Lose 10lbs
Getlost: Strive to lose 3 lbs/week and not less than 8-10 lbs/month
Brown_Eyed_Staccie: By May 15th, reach 216 lbs; by May 31st, reach 210 lbs; be able to wear jeans done up and looking HOT
Lene1974: Lose 10 lbs; drink 64 oz of water a day
Neesy_20: Lose 10 lbs; be able to wear goal capris
SupaChix: Breawna: Lose 10 lbs Jodi: Lose 8 lbs
Econ_Nerd: Lose 10 or more lbs to reach 237.6 lbs or below
Wifey: Lose 8 lbs
StarryNights110: Lose 8-10 lbs to reach the 170s: stay within calorie limit; no sugar
Ms_Perception: Reach 165 lbs; eat more fruits and veggies (5/day)
Saramommy: Lose 8 lbs to reach 155 lbs
Fressca: Lose 7 lbs to reach 155 lbs
Michelle0630: Lose 5 lbs
Musiclover: Lose 6.5 lbs to reach 147 lbs
Newshinyme: Lose 1-2 lbs a week to break through the 30 lb loss mark
Lewisempire: Lose 5 lbs to reach 195 lbs
JasonsLea: Stay POP 85% of the month (26 out of 31 days); try to incorporate the Abs Power Diet into my eating plan; lose 10 lbs
Westtexaschick: Reach 140-138 lbs
Smallification: Lose 6 lbs to reach "normal weight" BMI
Skinnygurlinside: Lose 10 lbs
Mcrunner: Lose 5 lbs; eat more fruits and veggies; get back to using FitDay regularly
MrsHomeStretch: Lose 19.5 lbs; burn 40,300 calories this month; eat 1300 calories or less a day
Delphi: Lose 3 lbs--MET GOAL!!; lose 3 more lbs--MET GOAL!!; stay within daily calorie intake allowance; lose another 3 lbs
Canadianangel: Lose 16 lbs
Crazymamaof4: Lose 10 lbs to reach 177 lbs; lose inches; eat more fruits and veggies; get out of "obese" BMI category
Scaleskl: Lose 8 lbs; drink at least 64 oz of water per day
Fenderella: Reach 299 lbs
Terapet: Lose 3 lbs
E.mccoy: Lose 10 lbs to reach 202 lbs; no late night snacking
FABlynne: Lose 10 lbs
Urockmom: Lose vacation weight; lose 3 additional lbs
Wantstoloseweight: Lose 10-12 lbs
CheeCheen: Lose 10 lbs
Dvdrumls: Lose 10 kg
Old 05-16-2009, 11:14 PM   #441  

Okay, I'm back! Holy geezy you were some chatty gals while I was gone!

FSA~ I'm all for an email exchange, that sounds fun! The idea of a cheat meal sounds appealing! Mmm, I really wouldn't mind some chicken parm...maybe a little fett alfredo...mmmm. LOL Oooh, I'm drooling! Sorry to hear your hubby was out of town, glad he's back home now! My hubby used to travel for work all the time--it was tough.

Lene~ so glad to hear your Grandfather is doing better! And congrats on the loss! 6 pounds down already! Woo hoo!!!

urockmom~ How's you do avoiding the cake temptation? I hope good!! I hope TOM is leaving you alone now and not messing with you too much!

Fenderella~ congrats on the loss and the lower BMI!!! Sorry to hear you're sick though, I hope you get better ASAP!

lewis~ Thanks for the website recommendations! I belong to Sparkpeople, but I really don't like how their forums are set up--that's why I came back here when I hopped back on the wagon. Congrats on the size 12 girlie!! That's awesome!

NSM ~ Woo hoo! Collarbones rock! Congrats! I know exactly how you feel! I catch myself stealing peeks at mine when I walk by a mirror these days. I feel ya on the sore quads too--wear that badge proudly girl, you earned it!

Delphi ~ sounds like you got lots of fun stuff! That cuff sounds really cool! Since you have a tape measure now, have you taken your measurements yet? I love that you're posting inspirational quotes and reminding us to smile everyday! Thank you so much!

Jacqui~ glad that your schedule helped you to remember to eat! I totally know what you're going through! Today I almost forgot to eat my mid-morning snack and then I had some running around to do and before I knew it, it was 2pm and I hadn't had lunch. Sometimes I just get so busy I forget. And yeah, when I was eating junk, I never forgot to eat! Eating sugar just made me want more--it was an ugly cycle. I love that you told your hubby you would always have 2 cats and eat dark bread! LOL That's awesome! Oh!! Btw, I forgot to mention--the night the power went out I did not want to work out. TOM was making me cranky and tired and I just didn't wanna. However...I managed to kick myself in the butt enough to haul myself downstairs to the treadmill. I was 6 mins into my workout when the power went out. So, technically--I did work out. Just not nearly long enough.

Shari~ Congrats on the pound lost!!

Michelle~ thanks for the basal metabolic rate info--I'm going to have do some googling and check it out!

Suzy~ wow, you sound like you had a horrible week at work! Big hugs hun!

Jacque~ I don't think I'm eating enough cals either--hence the reason I asked. I end up around 1100-1200 a day and I'm doing at least 30 mins (well, 20 mins of the 30 Day Shred) a day of cardio and weight lifting to boot. However, I'm not hungry, I'm losing weight and well...I dunno. I'm still trying to work it all out.

Candianangle~ sorry to hear you still having so much pain! I hope that your leg starts to feel better soon. Take it easy with the walking, don't push yourself too hard k?

Whew! Okay, I think I got everyone!

Thanks so much to everyone who replied to my calorie question! I really appreciate all the input!

One last question before I go...which BMI calculator do you ladies use? I've found a few, but they differ a lot from each other. One says I still have a BMI of 30 and still in the Obese catagory (my scale agrees) and others say I've got a 29.6 and I'm in the Overweight catagory--since moving out of the Obese catagory is one of my goals--I wanna know who's right!!

*Yawn* okay girls, I need to re-install some programs on the computer before I turn in...wait...it's already 11:12?! Hmm...perhaps I'll do it tomorrow--I want to get up and get my workout in first thing in the morning. Tomorrow is my weekly report day to my friend complete with measurements--wish me luck!!!

Have a wonderful night and a fantastic day tomorrow!!! And last but certainly not least, be sure to (Say it with me ladies!!!)...

Drink Your Water Chickies!!!!
Old 05-17-2009, 05:52 AM   #442  
There is no spoon!

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore,
is not an act but a habit.
Aristotle

Well Good Morning Ladies! ( I hope you guys know every time I write that, I am saying it in my head like Robin Williams says Good Morning Vietnam ) Anywho, it's Sunday, it's early and I'm down another two pounds! So another great week and I owe it to you guys keeping me in line and on track! I really couldn't do this without the support from you guys.

At any rate, simply wanted to check in and wish you guys a spectacular day ahead! Drinks loads of water and don't forget your smiles ladies.

Last edited by Delphi; 05-17-2009 at 05:53 AM.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:02 AM   #443  

Good Morning Girls!!!! And how are we on this fine Sunday? I hope FANFLIPPIN'TASTIC!!!! (that's for you Delphi! )

And speaking of Delphi... Woo Hoo girl!!! Another 2 lbs!!! Kiss 'em goodbye forever! Yeah!! Congrats girlie!! You're droppin' weight like crazy--that brings you to what, 8 lbs already?! And only 1 lbs away from your newest goal?! CRAZY!! Congrats, I bet you're thrilled!!!!

Well, weigh in was good, down a tad more 178.2 and I got my measurements in as well and have lost another 3.75"!! I am a bit irked at my arms though--they don't seem to understand that when I make them lift weights they are to respond by getting smaller--not staying the same!!! Grrr...

Oh well, I still lost inches and that's all I'm going to think about!

Okay girls, you get out there and have a WONDERFUL day!!! And don't let me down girls, be sure to...

[COLOR="Red"][B]Drink Your Water!!! [COLOR="red"]
Old 05-17-2009, 08:22 AM   #444  
There is no spoon!

I am sooooooooo fanflippintastic!!! ...and yeah, I'm stoked! I plan to challenge myself next month. This being my first month, I was rather modest, next month however, I think my goal will be a bit more challenging here and in our sister thread. Time to crank it up! I want to see onederland by my birthday in July...I'll be turning 30. I wonder if when I turn 30 if I'll have to be an adult! Eh..life's to short, there's a time and a place to be responsible and all other times, I think I'll be as goofy as I want. Kind of like Mr. Carrot

At any rate, on the being down on the inches crazymomma! Sure am glad you got that PC up and running! Three cheers for the tech savvy

Now I hope I can get my front lawn mowed today. I can't wait to see how many calories I burn doing that. I have this ancient lawn mower that isn't self-propelled, so it's a pain in the rear to get that thing to move, but probably excellent for burning calories. Should be in the upper sixties today, so the heat shouldn't be a problem!
Old 05-17-2009, 09:08 AM   #445  

Oh you'll soooo make it to onederland by your birthday!!!! Ahhh, I remember turning 30...got my belly button pierced with my mom! LOL Yes, she got hers done too!

Age is nothing but a state of mind! I tell ya, I feel a whole lot younger now that I've started getting my butt in gear! Two months ago I felt simply awful. I was creaky, weak, zero energy and unmotivated. Yesterday I found myself actually shopping for cute clothes! Do you have any idea how LONG it's been since I've done that? YEARS! Since I've had the kids I only go 'shopping' to by tee shirts because the ones I had were stained or I had outgrown them. Pants--ugh, I don't want to go there. Dresses were purchased on a 'Only for Special Occassions' type basis--like if I had to attend a wedding. But yesterday--feeling all youthful and spry--I bought a DRESS for no reason at all, other than I thought it was cute! I don't know what came over me! I haven't tried it on yet, but I'm gunna...maybe today. Hubby wants me to wear a dress to dinner for our 10 yr anniversary in Sept. so I guess I'll have to endulge him huh?

Geez, I've rambled, sorry! Okay, get to mowing that lawn--I bet you'll burn a ton of calories!!! Off to make breakfast!!
Old 05-17-2009, 09:16 AM   #446  
There is no spoon!

Oh my gosh, what a coincidence, I did the same thing. I was shopping yesterday and purchased this cute, although modest, (got it at the family dollar for a few bucks )blue spaghetti strapped dress. I never buy dresses, but something said, that is cute, buy it, you'll be in it in no time. Time to up my strength training and get these triceps tightened up. I don't know about you guys, but this is my trouble spot. My shoulders look awesome and biceps are coming along, but I've seen absolutely no progress with my triceps, they are just hanging around. Any suggestions? Ok, I need to get started..I'll check in later!

Last edited by Delphi; 05-17-2009 at 09:16 AM.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:37 AM   #447  

Good morning girlsssss Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Jacqui, I am glad that the list is helping you out and your having a good weekend. Wtg on that gym workout! Regarding the kitties, (I had 4 but down to 3 now) they typically have breakfast at 6 a.m. Trying to wake mama up at 5.....they should know better! lol. I wont reinforce that or I would never get any sleep! Lol @ the kitty setting off the alarm. They are very creative! My baby b used to put his paw on my cheek and then very slowly extract just enough claw until it pricked me a wee bit and woke me up! lol my little darlin! Anyhow, my remaining male cat (a real ham, sleeps in my arm like a baby every night) has a bad habit of walking on my back back and forth to wake me up. He weighs 23 lbs. and I kid you not, I was waking with a backache (a little thismorning too). It had become a real problem so I am sure not to reinforce him when he does that and he has gotten much better. He doesn't know his own strength,,,,,he is a real sweety!

LewisEmpire, hi COngrats on your new stuffffffff for the cruise girl . You will have them for the summer too! Wtg on the 12 dress! Your bordering into a new size : ) ( I think we are bording approx. same sizes). When are you leaving for the cruise? We got thunderstorms last night! Raining now too so that yucky weather came our way. Luckily, DH and I managed a little walk yesterday (it felt damp, brrr) before the bad weather set in. THanks lewis, it was nice to have him home. He is project leader on a project which is getting installed over there (engineer) and actually he will be leaving after the first week of July to head over there for the install. It might be a month or something like that (he is doing everything possible now to shorten the time there) but said no way, he is going to come back after 2 wks. for a bit before heading back out. I Plan to go for long walks (too bad there are greenhead flys on the beach that month) and eat like a bachelor! lol. When he is gone like that......my fridge is empty, I don't cook and I just grab something quick and easy. Gee, I'm going to miss him though. OMG, I'm rambling........lol Lewis, you keep up the awesome work and keep on shining

posting this in fear of losing it, brb
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 11:04 AM   #448  

Delphiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, congratulations on another 2 lbs. lost! wtg! Your doing awesome chicky! : ). Glad your having a nice weekend and got to sleep in yesterday. Oh hey, congrats on that workout shoes and the dress too! Good for you speeding by the food places at the mall. Those aroma's drift for IONs in the mall, lol, right on on passing right by them. That solar project sounds cool. Ohhhh, guess what we watched the other night? That alien movie, part 2. War of the worlds 2! First time we saw it, it was on t.v the other night. So good, I just love that stuff. They are right up there with psychological thrillers! Hoping your having a fantastic day too Delphi .

Lewisempire, regarding the 8a.m sleeping in, I would be in trouble too! lol

Fenderella, hi there. Aw you, hope that you are feeling better. Wishing you a speedy recovery. We havn't left you either Here for you when your better and up to it, in the meantime you just get better. Try and not feel bad for posting and not doing personals, we are a big gang! lol. Not everyone has the time to do that and that is absolutely fine. Chat soon, oh hope you got your car! .

crazymamaaaaa, hi girl! Congratualtionssssssss on the loss in weight and inches! and on staying OP and getting through TOM and all. Yikes at the computer crashing, I'm glad DH fixed it and recovered your photo's! Congrats on your new dress too! OH yeah, he must like it if he told you that, lol. Oh suprise him with it for sure maybe even next time you go out! I'm glad your feeling great and it's nice to have you here crazymama, you get out and enjoy the day too chicky! : ) keep up the awesome work.

A big hi to all of you. Hope I didn't miss anyone. I need to get a move on, I will have to make it over to our sister thread later on. All is well girls, it was nice to have DH back. Yesterday morning it was sunny and we did a few things around here and went out for a bit after. Managed a walk and went to our local garden farm to get some more million bells flowers. It's cloudy and rainy here but the rain should stop later today and I am hoping for an outdoor walk. I hope you are all having a lovely weekend, chat soon girls. We have 2 weeks to go (from tomorrow) so let's keep truckin.
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 12:18 PM   #449  
There is no spoon!

FSA ~ I love me some psychological thrillers and well horror/sci-fi flicks as well. My top picks when I actually get to sit down and watch them. I've been thinking of getting Netflicks but not sure if it's worth it. We have a xbox 360 so I can stream the movies via NetFlicks on the xbox as well as the landmail method but just not sure. Eh..I don't know. I hope you get that walk in today and good to hear you and the hubby finally got some time together. You know when I get to goal I might actually start dating again...but I doubt it. I don't know how you gals do it. Men have been such a pain in my rear, it would almost take an act of God to get me into dating again. I know it's nice and all..ya know, like when the trash needs to be taken out, or the sink needs to be repaired, but other than that, I'm at a loss to find something positive about having a relationship. Yeah, I know it's quite sad.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:52 PM   #450  

CMof4, do stay on top of that forgetting to eat. Being busy and losing track of time is how it starts! And oh, if you got 6 minutes in of cardio before the electricity went out, we can definitely count it, lol!

Delphi, don't forget the spiders. Men are great for getting rid of spiders!

FSA, so glad your DH is home! That's has to be hard having him away!

I got two more English mastiffs today! They are bigger than the one we already had. We picked them up from a man who recently divorced, has custody of his children, and has to sell his house and move into an apartment with his kids and cat. He just can't handle the dogs too. It was sad--the kids and he were very attached to them, but he knew we'd give them a great home. He turned down people offering him money for them to give them to us because we've had mastiffs for 25 years, and we simply love them all up.