Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 11:45 PM   #121  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

Here's a recipe, heather!

Abby’s Spinach Salad

Make this as big or little as you want!!

A bunch of spinach
a handful of cherry tomatoes cut in half
a handful of red onions cut chunky
some slivers of cucumbers.. Skin on!
Fresh dill sprinkled in.. about a tablespoon
A splash of olive oil and balsamic vinigar (Just keep adding some of each at a time and tossing it until you reach the covering you want on your salad.

Once tossed.. Add:
crumbled goat cheese (1-2 tablespoons)
ground pepper
walnuts or pecans if you want.

I love this! And you can eat as much as you want and get pumped full of nutrients and good stuff!
Just don’t go TOO overboard on goat cheese.. But don’t make yourself suffer. As long as you stay under a couple tablespoons you will be fine
Old 12-30-2008, 11:59 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

MY GOALS FOR 2009

Weight:I want to reach my goal weight 120 OR a weight i think i look HOT in whether it being 120 OR 130.

pants/dress size:i would LOVE to be a size 4-6
I'm ALMOST a 7 now

Finances/budget:I really want to learn how to shop less and save more , i need to stop buying things i do not need and put money towards buying a house this year, Im tired of renting.

organization:
I'm moving in 3 weeks and i want to keep my new apt VERY clean and very organized it helps me soo much to see my house clean lol.

Exercise/fitness level:

Even when i do hit my goal weight i will still exercise regularly not to lose weight but to be healthy to keep blood flowing in my body!. for now its going to be 6 times a week
Water:Ive hated water my whole life, never drank it! i want to fall in love with it this year so 90-120 oz a day sounds good

Pampering/relaxation:I plan to keep up my baths every night with bubbles and bath salts and all that relaxing stuff!

Last edited by jahjah1223; 12-31-2008 at 12:02 AM.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:17 AM   #123  

Height: 5'7"

Wow Djay you don't even look like the same person in those before & after photos! Awesome job!
Old 12-31-2008, 12:42 AM   #124  
Ufi
Persistence

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5-4

Try getting one of those Brita water filters. My water tastes a lot better now. I just keep a pitcher in the fridge.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:02 AM   #125  
Isla's mommy

Height: 5'4"

Hey all!

I had another good night of working out. Got an hour done. My goal is to get rid of all my tags & I'm working on it.

Have a good night!
Old 12-31-2008, 01:15 AM   #126  

S/C/G: 195/188/145

Height: 5'3''

Faux- Thanks for the recipe, sounds good. Im kinda iffy about the goat cheese though, I dont know if I have ever had that. Ill give it a try
Old 12-31-2008, 01:25 AM   #127  

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather1979 View Post
Faux- Thanks for the recipe, sounds good. Im kinda iffy about the goat cheese though, I dont know if I have ever had that. Ill give it a try
have you tried feta? you could use that too.. its not as soft and a bit more salty.. but yummy! Any cheeseyou likeis fine! just follow your heart... err tastebuds! hehe
Old 12-31-2008, 07:22 AM   #128  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

eny-- congrats.

well sorry i have been gone most of the week our main computer went the way of the dinosaurs or at least parts of it and while we are waithing for the new parts revived our laptop. we also found out that after the first of the year DH is laidoff that picture will be up later to day i almost forgot about it.
another gaol for 2009 i was thinking about starting to run again. it is something that i used to do when i was in highschool.
Old 12-31-2008, 07:58 AM   #129  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Default Happy Last Day O' 2008!!!!

Just wanted to say to all you ladies ready to that the clock is ticking! Hoping you all have a fabulous New Year's Eve and Bring it on 2009! Good Luck to everyone!

Let's do it!
Old 12-31-2008, 08:07 AM   #130  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Hi~I have done some editing on my goals. Here is the revised edition. I am not good at New Years Resolutions. But this is different in many ways. So Here goes............

Weight~I want to reach my goal of 150 pounds and maintain it. By eating 1,500 calories a day. Planning and alloting for special occassion when it is okay to splurge. I also want to try some fasting once in a while.

Inches~I want a 35 inch waist or less. That would be a 5 inch loss.
Bust~38
Waist~38
Belly~45
Hips~47 1/2
Thighs~26
Arms~L-14 5/8 R-14 1/2

Pants/Dress Size~I want to wear a size 12!!!! I want a new wardrobe of stylish clothes

finances/budget~My first and fore most thing is to get my house taxes paid. I already stand in better stead than I did this time last year. I need to keep to the budget I already have in place. I just need to iron out a few bumps the divorce has placed in my path. I just paid my property taxes. Step 1 in ironing out the bumps!

organization (home vs work/school)~I have a 2009 planner organizer. I need to write down all appointments, due dates (ie tax paymts, library books, drivers license, license plates) I also need a to do list EVERY day. A few well placed post it memos wouldn't hurt either. I am a bad one for loosing phone numbers.

nutrition~Need to plan sneaky ways to get in veggies. Really think about ways to add veggies to my meals. Mels sandwich idea is a real winner.

time with family/friends~This one is already working great.

water intake~64 ounces of pure water. I need to buy a Brita water filter.

exercise / fitness level~get at least 30 min aerobic 3-4 times a week plus aqua arthritis classes 3 times a week. I may venture a few machines at the YMCA.

pampering/relaxation~Wash my face twice a day. Give myself a facial once a week. I will style my hair....work hard to get it back into good healthy shape. keeping it trimmed, hair treatments, maybe even try highlights. I have really let my hair and skin go due to extreme stressing over this divorce. It is over and behind me. Time to move on. I want to try a sugar scrub. Sounds sinfully wonderful. I have bought mineral powder make up. Found a wonderful face cream and cleanser. I am ready to be pretty again. Yoga, visualization, prayer, and breathing exercising. It works Mel.Thanks~~Pat
Old 12-31-2008, 10:45 AM   #131  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Talking Last Minute Thoughts about goals.......

Hey everyone

I'm soooo excited that tomorrow is a truely clean slate for us all. Everyone has some really great goals for making 2009 THEIR year for everything they want in their life, and I'm not just talking about weight loss. I've seen alot of good goals for losing some debt weight as well....or getting more organized....or exercising more...so forth and so on!

I think many of us.....MYSELF included.....create New Year's resolutions every year and many of the resolutions don't last past February.....at least for me....LOL!!! That is why I'm still in this situation.

I think the reason for my past failures is because I didn't get specific enough about my goals or PLAN how I was going to accomplish my goal. For example....one of my goals has always been to lose weight....or to stick to a budget.......but I never actually sat down and wrote out my plan.....like.....I'm going to plan out my meals and only eat 1500 calories a day and exercise 3-4 times a week for 30 minutes minimum and then plan the days and the activities I was going to do for exercise.....and I never actually created a monthly budget and then broke it down to a weekly budget and tracked it....

Also.....the first problem I have towards keeping my resolutions is usually where I give up....but not this year.....This year I have decided that if my plan isn't working that I'm going to figure out what is going wrong and fix it!

So....my question is here at the last minute......have you all planned out HOW your going to acheive your goals SPECIFICALLY and WHAT your going to do when you hit a bump in the road?????

Hope everyone has a happy New Year....see you here tomorrow for the first challenge of the year...as well as the first MINI CHALLENGE
Old 12-31-2008, 11:36 AM   #132  

Faux- Ewww feta cheese is yucky, haha. Im not a big fan of cheese so im just gonna try it without. I wanted to try it soooo bad last night and it was like midnight,lol.

Ugh..Im got this stupid cold or something. Sinus stuff and coughing. Im sure its this weather. I left Illinois to go to Tn and it was -3 and we have like a 75 degree day down there and then I come back up here and its COLD again. Plus my nephew has been sick, my grandma just got put in the hospital with pneumonia last night ( thats who I was staying with).

Hope everyone has a good New Years Eve night, be safe.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:23 PM   #133  

Hi Ladies

I've had a reverse osmosis system for several years and its great, I highly recommend it if it is within your budget. I can't stand to drink tap water, even some restaurants' water doesn't taste very good. Sometimes I add trace minerals to it or a pinch of gray sea salt.

I finally bought myself some anti-aging stuff. I got the Loreal rivitalift double eye lift, anti-wrinkle concentrate, and complete day cream. I might get the night cream eventually too. Also got some clay mask and avocados. I took some close up pics of my face and eyes so I can compare to see if it was worth it.

Still haven't exercised, its been 6 days. Ugh, maybe today I'll get some in. My weight is staying about the same.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:31 PM   #134  

Heather: LUCKY! I LOVE cheese.. it's often my downfall. my comfort food lol I wish ididint like cheese lol

Melissa: You have made some VERY good points. I need more focus and better planning. I must admit i've planned more than usually.. but I think tonite i will actually make an actual written out plan. I know it will help

So pumped for tomorrow! I started getting on plan today so i would be better prepared for tomorrow. I have been binging a lot lately. It was an interesting thing though.. the past couple weeks i have been eating CRAP and not exercising.. and started feeling soo sick and miserable... finally i put it together again.. i wasn't getting the flu.. I WAS FULL OF bad food and lacking nutrients. Im going through my bad food withdrawal today... but i feel better already. No more bad stuff in this body!!
Old 12-31-2008, 12:52 PM   #135  

Faux- I think some of us like things like more salty things like cheese and other find more comfort in sweets like candy. Its what I kind of figured out from the girls I work with. I mean it may not be everyone but that seems like how it works. I dont like salty foods but I LOVE sugar, lol.

Melissa- Yeah, I havent really looked deep into my resolutions. Except the apartment thing, I do have that planned out. I do need to plan better for the dieting part. I mean I have what I want to do but im sure it wont all go my way, never does. Let me know if you come up with anymore yummy recipes. I got both yours and Faux's recipes down in a spiral to use.
Closed Thread