Old 11-08-2010, 09:25 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 330/264/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi Just stoping by to see whats going on. ElizabethG you both look so good. It's nice that both of you can work together. My hubby doesnt need to lose weight he needs to gain. Wish that was my problem. Oh well I lost 1 lb this week. Not big like last week but I look at it, thats 4 sticks of butter not on me. Well calories was low today even although I ate 3 small meals and a snack. It was only 827 cal. in total. Sparkpeope.com says thats not enough low on cal.,carbs,fat and protein, But I do take a vitamin to help in that area. Today at the gym I walked 1 mile, at a 5% incline dont remember the speed but it was a good pace for me and it took me 30 min. Then I did 6 circuit machines for 20 min. I walked 45 min. with weights on my ankles in the water and 1 hr of water arobics. Also I 3 laps after class before I got ready to come home. Have a good night and dream of our new bodys as we take off pounds sensibly. And have a good day tomorrow.

Thanksgiving challenge: lose 5 lbs

>>>>>256>minus>1>>>>4 to go

Last edited by bigmamatexas; 11-08-2010 at 09:45 PM.
bigmamatexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:37 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 280/see ticker/140

Height: 5'10"

Sounds like y'all are doing great! Wow, Elizabeth, you and your hubby look awesome! It must be nice to have someone to be your buddy through this.

So far so goo. Not had one cheat day in over a week, which is a major accomplishment for me. I realized tonight how addicted to junk food I am. I took my accounting test tonight and think I did really well. So my first thought upon leaving school was *I'm gonna celebrate with pizza!!* I just really don't understand why food has to be such a big thing!!! Oh well, that was my rant. But, yes, today was a good day!

BTW, I'm really thankful for you girls. Everytime I'm about to cheat or binge, I remember our challenge and it stops me. I'm so glad y'all are here and we're in this together
gracesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:03 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Elizabeth Way to go! What a transformation! You look great

Have had a good day today, delicious salad for lunch which kept me full - I'm still full now and it's just after 5pm! Zumba at 6pm, I finish work at 5.30 so just enough time to get changed and get there. I'm looking forward to it!
I think curry is on the menu tonight - not the lowest in fat/calories meal, but I enjoy it anyway and I can't give up rice haha. Fits in to my daily allowance fine though, so I'm not worried!
REALLY looking forward to my sleep in tomorrow, getting up these past 2 mornings has not been fun haha.
Everyone is doing great!
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 10:25 AM   #124  
Get to goal & stay there!

S/C/G: 235/154.8/150

Height: 5'5"

I'm with you, gracesmamma; being in this challenge really keeps me accountable. I'm very grateful for that.

The scale is finally moving again. Only a half pound, but I'll take it.

Happy Tuesday everyone!!!
sandcar150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 03:08 PM   #125  
Now Loading Healthy ME

S/C/G: 265/262/187

Height: 5'7"

ElizabethG Awesome change, you both look so happy and healthy!

Well, I only slipped up once yesterday and that was 6 redvines, my favorite, besides that, I was fine. I am determined to stay on the plan I mapped out for myself today: got my workout it, had a great breakfast (Kashi Go Lean Crunch! Was on sale: 2 for $5!) about to have a great lunch (salmon, corn and cabbage) and I'm getting my water in. Hooray!

Oh, and I finally got a food scale!

Last edited by Fit4Lyfe; 11-09-2010 at 03:34 PM.
Fit4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 03:30 PM   #126  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Height: 5'6"

Kids just got in from school so I gotta rush~I got back my 130's today ~WOOOHOOOOO~And during the 2nd day of my "TOM" Thats a great sign~And .2 lower than last time ~139.4~I AM SO HAPPY HAD TO SHARE~Off to see which kids have homework & get them fed~have a great TUESDAY EVERYONE! ((HUGS))

Last edited by Lori259; 11-09-2010 at 03:30 PM.
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 04:49 PM   #127  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Lost 2 lbs , had 1385 cal today. I ate alot of fruit!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 05:01 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 175/175/150

Height: 5'6

I think I'll join in!
My goal is to lose 3 pounds by Thanksgiving (starting off slow), and also exercise 800 minutes total the whole Challenge time.
LifeOverDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 05:22 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 330/264/150

Hi everyone. Hope your day is going well. I went to the gym today and spend the same time I did yesterday. A full 3 hr workout. Want be able to go to the gym tomorrow as useally because its DR day. Going to take a nap will ck back in later tonight.

challenge to lose 5 lbs by thanksgiving

starting at 256 now 255>>>>4 to go251 by
bigmamatexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 06:27 PM   #130  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Hello Chicky's...and welcome to LifeoverDeath!

Boy oh boy, did I come CLOSE to a full out binge after work today. I've been pretty bummed that I have now gone 8 full days of perfectly on plan and have still not erased that friggin 9 pound in 2 day gain I had on Halloween weekend. Gurrrr. Anyway after work I head down town to the grocery store where I was going to pick up a quart of Ice Cream. I planned on eating all of it, (or most of it) before anyone got home and then burying the carton in the bottom of the trash. I had it all planned out. SICK Woman I am. So I'm just about to the store and start thinking of how many more days it would take to erase that debt and how crappy I would feel and I turned around and started home.

I then stopped at a convenience store on the edge of town to get a diet coke or something to take my mind off sugar and I opened and shut the donut case 3 times while I was there. I picked up a diet root beer and headed home. Once I got home that FRIGGIN birthday cake was still sitting there and I opened the container a couple times, smelled it, put the lid back on and started cleaning my house. OMG, what in the heck???

So anyway, I warmed up some left over roasted veggies and ate a little of them and a yogurt then worked some more and now...Thankfully it's almost supper time. Kids are home, and hubby will be home any minute. I'm safe for now! Oh, I might add I also did a lot of praying. Yay, still on plan, and still binge/sugar free. Thank You God!
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 07:35 PM   #131  

Lori Bell You did well, it must have been hard once you'd already decided on the ice cream to not get it. Good willpower avoiding the donuts and then the cake as well! You should just throw out the cake - I know it might seem wasteful - but I had to do the same thing with my birthday cake - my boyfriend made an amazing nearly 23 pound chocolate cake with frosting between each of the 9 layers and we ended up throwing away over half of it because it was just too tempting for us and no one else was around to eat it.

~Down a little more in weight today, on track with calories and exercise for Mon and Tues..now it's Wed I just have to make sure I motivated myself to get on the treadmill a little later on this afternoon!
Old 11-09-2010, 08:11 PM   #132  
No more +sizes

Hey Everyone.
I've been doing well with eating but not so much with the cardio. I will do my strength training but when it's time for the cardio I don't get it done. Tomorrow is Anniversary #3 and we are eating out tonight. I won't be overdoing it. My hubby just got off of a 12hr shift. So it will probably be an early evening. We both took off tomorrow off and will be handling some business and hopefully we find another vehicle. If they can't get my payments where I want them with the down payment I want to pay I will put the money into our current vehicle and keep it moving.

Rainbow - Great job resisting the sweet breads. At the rate you are going you will be at goal in not time.
LoriBell - Those pounds are bound to fall off soon.
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 09:00 PM   #133  
Calorie Countin' Fool

S/C/G: 274/ticker/150 for now/137?

Elizabeth: Thanks for sharing the pics! Very inspiring...kudos to you both, you look great!

Lori Bell: Awesome display of willpower beating that urge to binge! Good for you!

LifeOverDeath: welcome!

Jiggle: happy anniversary!!

Shylah: Are you still out there somewhere??

Everyone Else: it's almost midweek...yay!

As for me: Tried my new WATP video today. It's a 3 mile walk with resistance band intervals, plus a 10 minute "bonus" core (pilates type) workout. So far, I like it! My only downfall with videos is I get sick of the commentary and music after the 3rd or 4th time. I usually just watch it without sound and listen to my own music at that point, but sometimes my music doesn't always go with the movements, lol.
NorthernExposure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 09:19 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/140

Thanks everyone! I gained 70 lbs after meeting my husband so him being on a diet too has REALLY helped me. I honestly don't think I could do it without him. Now I just gotta keep us on track!

I have a hard time not having something if he's eating it and I want it too.
You girls are so awesome for being able to resist what your husband, kids, whoever are eating!
ElizabethG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 09:26 PM   #135  

Seems my body is against me going on the treadmill today - I am ridiculously exhausted, feeling a little bit sick to my stomach, and have a killer headache. I'm going to drink some more water and perhaps have a wee nap or something - just can't slack on the exercise tomorrow if I don't get it in today!