Old 11-15-2010, 10:42 PM   #196  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Height: 5'6"

Just a quick post~Been a long day ~ decent one just long.Anyways My daughter is settling down some I hope~Thanks for those with there words of wisdom I appreicate it & listening to me vent. I am still sticking in the 130's(feels like a miracle) Anyways....I am so tired ~even took a nap today from my meds & still tired ~I am own my way back to bed ~just wanted to say ~I hope all is great for everyone & Have afabulous TUESDAY EVERYONE~I WILL POST AGAIN SOON. I think I am exhausted today. (HUGS)
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 10:45 PM   #197  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

sandcar before I log off I am glad your doing well with your recovery.

Goodnight all.
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:21 PM   #198  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

Lori - Make sure you get plenty of rest. You have a lot going on so just relax. I admire the fact that you are maintaining your loss so well even with all the excitement.
Sandcar - Glad you are recovering well.
Rainbow - The water is WORK. I started the water by adding lemon juice for flavor and I will use less and less lemon juice until is was plain water. You can do it. Use a container that's easy to drink from. I have a 32oz cup with a straw. That way I can drink it quickly and sometimes mindlessly...like I used to eat.

Time for bed. Gotta an early day tomorrow. Will check in sometime tomorrow.
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 01:56 AM   #199  

S/C/G: 187/187/135

Thumbs up

OMG! Lori259!!! I haven't been on the boards lately (except for brief visits here and there). Stopped in looking for a "Christmas" challenge and just saw you are below goal ..... wooooo hooooo hooooo! I am so THRILLED for you!!!! You looked wonderful. You were such an encouragement to me in the past. I managed to get down to 130, but gained 20 pounds back.

All the best to everyone. I'm a little late to the party for a Thanksgiving Day goal, but I'll catch up with y'all by "snow time."

Okay, I'm off to read the threads and get motivated.

Jean
Ready2BThinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 02:22 AM   #200  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

About to go for a jog - Been feeling down for what feels like a week now - It's been rainy here in France, my fiance's grandmother passed away (and I'm here and wasn't able to go to the funeral) <-- wow teared up writing that so I realize how much that is still bothering me. Was recluse all weekend and Sunday got back on track - Have been eating well & exercising but have a persistent sore throat and cough. I'm living in France (abroad) but am just so ready to go home <-- and that's NOT how I want to feel. I want to savor the rest of my time here not be counting the days (24 days).

Just venting - Posted my food for the day in the other thread. Don't have a scale here so hoping that the scale reads 140-142 when I go home. Feel like the zig zag between 140-150, hit 135,138, then back to the zig zag again - I guess that's life though.

Anyways don't mean to be such a bummer - going to head out for a foggy jog. Have a good day everyone.
SarahinBalance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 10:43 AM   #201  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Hi All!

Well, made it thru Monday sugar free...the scale was pretty kind to me even after the crummy weekend. Must not have done as much damage as I thought. I was back to 141 this morning, (was 143 yesterday morning) so here I go again. Pushing to get out of the 140's! I don't know, maybe I'm a freak, but there just seems to be something magical about being in the 130's.

Oh Rainbow, when I'm sugar free, (Like yesterday, today and hopefully forever! ) I stay clear of all refined sugar, honey, corn syrups and molasses. I will eat moderate amounts of splenda, (like 4 diet drinks per week) and some yogurts sweetened with splenda. I will also have Truvia and stevia ocassionally. These things in moderation don't trigger the depression and "addiction behavior" I get with the evil high caloric "sugars". Moderate amounts of fruit doesn't seem to get me off track either, but I do have to be watchful. I am probably the only person in the world who could actually gain weight eating grapefruit.

Okay, gotta finish getting ready for work. I love work days, they really keep me on track. Spending less time alone, (When kids are at school & hubby is at work) keeps me more sane. I'm way less likely to over do it around people. I'm a closet eater.

Have a terrific Tuesday everyone!...Oh "The biggest Loser" is tonight....yay!

Last edited by Lori Bell; 11-16-2010 at 10:48 AM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:16 AM   #202  
Calorie Countin' Fool

S/C/G: 274/ticker/150 for now/137?

Elizabeth: congrats on your loss! I hope to join you in the 190's VERY soon!

Fit: Congrats on the size 16! Funny how our bodies are so different, isn't it? I'm a little shorter than you, but no way I would have fit into a size 16 ANYTHING when I was at your weight. I'm in an 18 for pants now, but haven't been pants shopping in a while...I think I am just about ready for 16's!

Rainbow: $8 for Crystal Light...that's crazy! And here I was complaining about $3-something. (Found it a bit cheaper at another store after that, of course!) Not sure what the NZ-US exchange rate is (probably pretty close?), but that's gotta be at least a 100% markup. I think it's time to start up a Crystal Light black market trade...I'll buy the stuff in bulk at sam's club or something and ship it to you to distribute to desperate dieters down there, lol.

Sandcar: Glad to hear you're recovering well! I must have missed it...but what kind of surgery did you have (if you don't mind my asking?)

Lori: Good job sticking to the 130's! I echo Jiggle's sentiments on your willpower given everything that's going on in your life!

Jiggle: I like your water tips. I drink a decent amount, but probably not enough!

Ready: we look forward to your joining us in the next challenge!

Sarah: Sorry to hear you're on the blue side Sometimes there's just no place like home

Lori Bell: You are a better woman than I to even TRY to completely give up sugar. You go!

As for me: Had a good workout yesterday (20 minutes wii fit, 20 minutes upper body weights, 20 minutes yoga.) My hamstrings are really sore lately for some reason, so trying to take it easy on the lower body strength training for now. Tonight I plan to do my 3-mile WATP (with resistance bands) and the 10 minute ab workout at the end. Have been OP with my calories for well over a week now, including this past weekend. I know I sound like a brokern record, but I am determined to get outta the 200's for GOOD!!

Last edited by NorthernExposure; 11-16-2010 at 11:57 AM.
NorthernExposure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:42 AM   #203  

S/C/G: 330/264/150

Good Morning! Rest day from the gym but going to workout today getting my house ready for the big day (thanksgiving). Right now planning on about 12 people at my house so got alot to do. Some have not seen me this year, so they will be surprise when they do. Tops scales: was good last night lost 1 lb.
Calories was a total of 1019. Everyone is doing so good! Well got to get busy have a good afternoon and will be back later.

thanksgiving challenge lose 5 lbs from Nov. 1 start at
256.6>nov. 8>255.6>nov.15>254.62 more to goal 247
bigmamatexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 05:53 PM   #204  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Lori Bell Wow, I think sugar free entirely would be a big struggle for me, but if it works for you I think that's a great effort!

Northern Exchange rate isn't that great - $8 NZD is about $6 USD at the moment. So super expensive. My parents brought back some Welch's 5 calorie cherry mix stuff that I love to add to my water - but I'm running out very fast and also the colour freaks me out a bit - it's so bright red, I feel like it can't be only 5 calories! I also have to add it to way more water than it suggests, otherwise it's way too strong!!
Congrats on the good workout! I am crossing my fingers for you to see onederland soon!!

~I'm not in a great mood today. I'm craving french fries and icecream and feeling a little lost and hopeless about my life to be honest. I've lost my passion and drive to paint, and painting is the reason I have only a part time job, so that theoretically I can spend the other days in my studio working on my "dream" - but lately I haven't had the desire to paint at all so my studio lies vacant while I waste my days off basically doing nothing. Something needs to change but I'm not sure what.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 08:10 PM   #205  
Calorie Countin' Fool

S/C/G: 274/ticker/150 for now/137?

Hugs to you, Rainbow!

I am definitely not any kind of artist (stick people and bubble letters are about the extent of my talent), but if painting is anything like writing, I know it's pretty normal for people to experience periods of non-inspriation...writer's block, painter's block?

I'm not sure what the answer is...but I know when I'm feeling down, I try to keep myself busy. Nothing is worse when you're depressed than doing nothing. I know enough about art to know it can't be forced...maybe it's OK to let yourself take a break from it and do something else for a while? Come back to it when you're ready? What that "something else" is, is up to you, of course. Maybe a temporary part time job (Christmas help?) Or a new hobby...take guitar lessons, learn how to knit.. or find some other creative outlet to fill the void of not painting right now?

OR, you can PM me your mailing address and I can send you a care package of overly food colored drink sweeteners

I know I don't know you in "real" life, but you seem like a strong person...that will definitely help you find your way!

Last edited by NorthernExposure; 11-16-2010 at 08:11 PM.
NorthernExposure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 08:24 PM   #206  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

I over ate pretty bad today, I don't think I'll ever see 107lbs. again. My husband says I look healthier at this weight. I'm only about 5lbs. heavier, it wasn't my choice to gain, somehow my body had a mind of it's own & I got my period for the first time in 10mo. I'm just going with the flow for now. At least I can still wear my size 0 & 1 jeans. I can't afford to buy clothing, so I don't want to go over 110lbs. It may happen after today though!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 09:28 PM   #207  
No more +sizes

I've had a great day. Came in under 1500 calories more like 1375 and did 2 miles on the treadmill and a quick ab workout. I need to put the baby to bed and then I will get another 2 miles in so I can get this body under subjection.

Let's keep working we got one more week and we can make some definite progress.
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 09:36 PM   #208  

S/C/G: 280/see ticker/140

Height: 5'10"

Well, still going strong. I've never stuck to a diet this long before. I was so happy this evening. I put on a pair of jeans and a tank top and didn't almost break into tears when I looked in the mirror I'm officially down 25 pounds since my heaviest weight right after my baby. Anyways, I can't believe that Thanksgiving is almost here! This challenge has really helped keep me on track! I'm glad that you all are doing so well.

I'm wondering what y'all do when you have that craving for sweets though? Do you just have a bite of something or eat something low cal? I usually have a chocolate covered rice cake for 60 cals. It has satisfied my sweet tooth so far. Well, gotta do homework, nighty night
gracesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 10:44 PM   #209  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Northern Thank you so much for the kind words. I think what scares me most, is that if I'm honest with myself, it's been 8 months since I painted anything "real". I've done some other little bits here and there, maybe twice in the last 8 months, but it really has been 8 whole months since I did a decent painting or one that I actually enjoyed creating. I think you're right about the "something else", my boyfriend suggested the same thing - he said I should use the time I'm currently not working on my art to do something that I want to do - I guess my problem is I have no idea what I want to do. I do have depression as an issue to contend with anyway, and sometimes it feels like it's not so big a deal, but when it feels like other things aren't going right, then everything feels like a huge weight. Anyway, sorry to ramble on. Thank you for the offer of the drink sachet things but I wouldn't want to trouble you! I'm sure sending something like that would cost too much - and I can't think of anything I could send you in return - New Zealand is BORING.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:41 PM   #210  

S/C/G: 148.8/130.0/118

Height: 5'3.75"

Hi guys,

I know it's too late to join the challenge with Thanksgiving next week. But I was hoping to get back into this and do the next challenge with you guys. I was on here before and those of you who know me, I missed you all so much! I have alot to tell you, but to sum it up....

1. The bf and I aren't together...it's been a while...we will discuss more later.
2. I love the new job and things are going great.
3. I met someone recently and trying to do the dating scene again.
4. This is why i'm on here....I've gained 10lbs! Now that may not seem like much but for my size and frame..it's really really really bad....I'm lost and don't know what to do.

The last time I was like this, I gained 50lbs...i finally lost it and kept it off for 2 years and now i'm putting it back on. I told myself ,"as long as i don't hit 125 then i'll be good.." then 125 came and went...now i'm saying "as long as i'm not 130 i'll be good..." and that's how it all starts. My clothes are not fitting, you can really notice my gut and even my hips and thighs are looking bad. I NEED HELP! You all have been a great support for me before and I don't know where to start. I'm starting to wear baggy clothes to work to cover myself up and now i'm scared to be intimate with my new mad cuz of my body...this is how it all started before. So please anyone with advice how to start up again...i've tried to lose the weight and i just seem to gain more and it's like i can't get under the 125 again and lose these 10lbs..or atleast 7 for now. I've worked too hard to gain it all back.

Thanks and hope you all have a great night.
jdonato is offline   Reply With Quote