Old 08-05-2010, 08:12 AM   #46  
saggzz

S/C/G: 222/205.6/170

Height: 5'9"

Good morning! I woke up to thunderstorms this morning. It's about time we got some rain.

Lori: Did you end up getting rain too?

So, today was my weigh in day and I am down 2.6. That puts me at a total of 6 pounds in 2 weeks. I am very pleased with that. Not sure if I am going to be able to exercise today b/c my 5 year old son has to have outpatient surgery later this afternoon. I think I am more concerned about it than he is. It's a five minute procedure, but we have to be at the hospital an hour and a half before his surgery. And to top it off, surgery time isn't until 4:45 this afternoon. Poor little guy will be starving all day.

Hope everyone has a great day!
saggzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:21 AM   #47  
for my family...

S/C/G: 210/188.2/160

Height: 5'5" age~ 39

LOL thank you jigglefree.. I dont have one of those so I didnt get it at first.. I did alright yesterday but I had 1530 calories which is a bit more than usual but still under both my BMR and RMR so Im not really upset but Im yet to get on the scale this morning..
jensmith72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 09:14 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 148.8/130.0/118

Height: 5'3.75"

Good morning ladies!

I see you've been busy and we needed another thread, that's awesome!

Ok time to own up and confess...I haven't calorie counted, I haven't worked out, and I've gained weight. This morning I was 124.8 which for me is alot considering my lowest was 115.6 and average was 118. My god what have I done! I've gained an inch in my waist and an inch in my hips. Even the bf last night as politely as possible (I always begged him to let me know when he notices me gaining so I can get help)..he said "Hunny I love you and your beautiful, and I think we both need to start eating better and working out." He knows I haven't been active since I graduated. I work part-time but mostly i'm home on my a$$ all day, and I have no excuse not to go to the gym or count my calories cuz i have nothing better to do! I just want to ball my eyes out! I dont' know how I can let myself go like this!...well I do know..not watching what I eat, not exercising, not coming on here like I used to. I added up what I took in yesterday...and I actually thought I was good...nope...2600 calories! for a petite woman like me who's not even 5'4 is ridiculous! I NEED HELP LADIES! How do you get back on track...how do I get back my motivation?

On a side note, there is a silver lining to all of this, which is part of a need for motivation...I GOT THE JOB! I just found out yesterday. I prayed so hard for this and they were impressed at my interview and I go Friday to sign the paperwork. So I can't be gaining and trying to fit into work clothes and feeling uncomfortable and the bf now wants to really start saving for a wedding...which i'm sure he'll be proposing soon...and I'm pretty sure he has a ring, he's sneaky. So I don't want to put off going wedding dress shopping to lose weight and not be happy. you know what I mean? I've worked so hard to lose this weight, and get my degree and get this job and I don't want it to all go down the toilet!*sigh*

HELP!!!!!
jdonato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:07 AM   #49  
keep on truckin' momma

S/C/G: 278/255/170

Height: 5'2

Good morning!

Im feeling pretty good this morning. I did go over my calories last night(400 over)...not sure what happened but its done and over and im moving on

Today is a circuit type workout called Body Fusion by Cathe Friedrich. She has some new workouts coming out soon and im SO EXCITED about them. There is nothing like new workouts to get me excited!

My DH fixed the car yesterday..he found a loose wire that was connecting two sensors and fixed it...now it runs great again so he saved us a ton of money. He's such a handy man

JD-IM SO EXCITED FOR YOU! YAY on the new job! Congratulations! and you think your BF is fixing to propose...how EXCITING. You must fill us in as soon as it happens Im sure you will be back at your goal weight in no time...sometimes breaks from calorie counting/exercise is just what we need. I have done it before and come back better than ever and im sure you will too.

ok, im just popping in for a sec. I will bbl with more personals
misspriss78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 04:11 PM   #50  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Oh my goodness I feel like I have been gone forever and I haven't been anywhere. I looked at the old thread and thought wow no one has been on since 8/2 then I pulled it up and saw Lori's link for this one.

Lori love the new hair cut.

I have to catch up with everyone. You all have been quite busy here.

My scale is finally moving again I am at 176.2 as of this morning hope it keeps up. Have a great remainder of the day.

to ALL
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 04:34 PM   #51  

jdon - grats on the job girly!! don't sweat the exercise, get back on track with your eating. you'll feel better knowing you are making better choices.

Amelia - i love being excited about working out. Makes it so much easier.
ShylahEQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:35 PM   #52  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Height: 5'6"

Jdonato~HUGS*! First of all Congrats on the job & ~As for the other ...Just start right back where u left off ~u Have done it & can do it again ~To stay motivated weigh daily~LOL thats what I do! IT TRULY HELPS!Keeps me from my peanut butter most days LOL!

Love2b150 ~THANKS & HUGS*

staggzz~Yeah we got alot of rain around 12ish I think(noon Or so) We was adams county on the Bad weather warning list on the news but it went down the river & were on the opposite side of the county.

Got 146.8 today on the scale so it was just .2 loss but at least it was a loss~I Am losing the belly slowy but surely so curious to where I will end up at weight wise after I lose the belly! (Or tone it, firm it, Or whatever they call it! I say UNFLUB IT!) LOL

Everyone else
hate to be rushy but lots to do & I gotta share the computer ~UGH!!!School starts back 23rd & No offense to my kids cause I love them dearly but I need a break! JUST 18 more days! WOOOHOOO!
Next year My daughter will be 18 &will be outta school~With no plans & not enough education to get her by ...She was born premature & has always struggled with school...She fails every year & they shove her through to the next grade~I go up every year & no results ~now she plans to quit as soon as she turns 18 next may~Its sad cause I tried all these years to get her An IEP & they just ignored us both! UGHHHHH~There lazy is all I can think of!
I worry about her~I talked to a lady about it that works with disabled children with learning disabilites & she said to get her signed up for child disabilty Imediately ~And that she would continue to recieve it in adulthood~I hate too but I guess I will sign her up so she has an income cause she doesn't know her math well enough to work anywhere that would hire a non graduate.Pray fo her ~she is such a sweet good kid & I want her to have a good life.I will take care of her forever finacially if needed but If we live by age~she will more than likely out live me & my hubby ....Anyways..TTYL logging off ~or well passing the computer to one of the kids!

Not checking for errors please ingore them!

Last edited by Lori259; 08-06-2010 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Added something
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 09:57 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 148.8/130.0/118

Height: 5'3.75"

misspriss: Thanks I will let everyone on here know what's up after I sign the paperwork tomorrow for my new job and with the bf You are right, I guess I needed a small break, but getting back on it. glad to hear your car is fixed...it's funny you said about the wires...the bf seems to have the same problem with his...i'm sure we will look at it this weekend. Nice job with the circuit training!

love2b150: congrats on the loss! keep up the good work!

ShylahEQ: Thanks for the congrats! I"m excited to get out there and show the work what I'm made of. And yes you are right about focusing on eating, I signed up for ************ today and starting to keep track now.

Lori: Love the Hair! And congrats on the weight loss! Thanks for the congrats...you have seen it all with me on here, my school, graduation and now finding a job. YOu guys are like family! Thanks so much for everything!I will pray for your daughter..everything will workout *hugs*

So as I said I signed up for ************ today, I like the online food diary. And the bf and I started going for a walk every night yesterday. We walked for 45min tonight and plan to do it evey night. that should be a start, but mostly i'm focusing on my eating. I need to do that. well i'm off to spend some time with bf before bed and my orientation tomorrow! Sweet dreams guys.
jdonato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:23 PM   #54  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Hi all! I had 1410cal. today, mostly because I started a new job at our local farmers market, perfect for me, I love my fruit! I worked past my supper time, so I had to eat at 9pm. Didn't like that at all, but i just made sure I ate healthy stuff. I'm losing weight everyday, had so much to do around the house for days, non stop! I'm down to 104.9 so I need to adjust my calories( higher calories) the days i work or I'll be losing more weight. Don't want that right now!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:29 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 330/264/150

Height: 5'4"

Good Evening friends talking about busy, it just seems there not enough time for me in a day. Went to an earlier class at the pool today it was about exercises for someone with artrities. We didnt use any toys as we call them when doing water arobics. It was fun and the exercises was good. Cant remember if I reported but I did lose 1 1/2 lbs as of tuesday night. Hope to do it again by monday evening when I weigh in at TOPS, were changing to monday instead of tuesday but just maybe 1 night wont make a difference.
Calories for today came to 940 and my goal is 1000 to 1200 so doing good there. Well everyone have a good night and will post tomorrow sometime. Good luck on your goals bye

Labor day challenge l0 lbs already lost

Last edited by bigmamatexas; 08-05-2010 at 10:30 PM.
bigmamatexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:19 PM   #56  
certifiable

S/C/G: 189/see ticker/155

Height: 5' 5"

Good evening everyone --

I had a good day yesterday -- about 1500 calories -- but today I am at about 2000. I just checked one of those online calorie estimators, and it says that for someone of my age and activity level, to maintain my current weight I need 2150, so I know I won't gain any today (except may water weight), but I also am not going to lose either.

Today was not as good because first off I only had 3 hours of sleep last nite, so I felt tired and draggy -- then the strangest thing happened -- I had my usual breakfast, cereal and almond milk, and was on plan, and made tuna (with reduced calorie mayonnaise) for lunch for the whole family. I had a tuna and tomato and cucumber sandwich, and it gave me the weirdest head rush -- it's hard to explain, but it was definitely caused by eating that sandwich -- like a light headed swooning almost high kind of feeling. It lasted for several minutes, and left me feeling kind of weak and disoriented when it was over. Then my stomach started acting up, and I started the gall bladder belching (I had my gall bladder out in 2006, but I still get symptoms if I eat certain things.) I am thinking that I must be eating too much tuna (I had it two days in a row, and several times last week). I know they say that you have to be careful of the mercury in it, so I am wondering if that's what happened to me today....

The rest of the afternoon was ok, but I snacked a bit and ate my way up to 1000 calories before dinner. That was ok, but for dinner I ended up eating my baked chicken breast (good), and a few small pieces of the pizza I made for the family (not quite so good). I am guessing based on how much cheese/dough/etc the pizza was about 800 calories. May have been less, but probably not.

Oh well, tomorrow is another day to get back on plan --
KarenBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 01:00 AM   #57  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

hi all! as my time in SoCal comes to a close in a week, I'm feeling pretty sad. But, I've been find excellent places to run and enjoy the view. For anyone near me - Culver City Park has a great wooden walkway that is at a nice incline for a run, then a GREAT view on top.

other than that- some of my clothes are really loose. Happy to be loose, sad to lose the clothes.
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:22 AM   #58  
saggzz

S/C/G: 222/205.6/170

Height: 5'9"

Lori I am a special education teacher in a high school. I find it very surprising that the school would not test your daughter to possibly get her qualified for an IEP. Have you looked into vocational school as a possibility after graduation? In my district, students can defer their diploma and complete a 2 year vocational program. It might be beneficial for you to talk to her counselors at school and see what her options are. There are lots of great programs for students with learning issues out there. I have always found that a lot of my students do well in the veterinary field. They like to work with animals and usually can get hired on with a vet. They tend to be the person at the vet that weighs the animals, holds them during vaccinations etc. Another great avenue to explore would be early childhood education. A preschool would be a nice environment to work in. There would be minimal math involved. Your school district cannot deny you the right to a multi-factored evaluation to see if your daughter can qualify for special education services. You should pop up to her school sometime next week and tell them you want her evaluated. It's a state law and they have to comply. You will have to sign a few pieces of paper. Hopefully you can keep her from dropping out. She really will need her diploma as an adult and she will probably kick herself in the butt if she drops out. Good luck!

Last edited by saggzz; 08-06-2010 at 09:23 AM.
saggzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 10:42 AM   #59  
Calorie Countin' Fool

S/C/G: 274/ticker/150 for now/137?

Hi guys...

Wow! I am guilty again of being MIA. Since I've been gone, we're halfway through another whole thread! You guys must be doing great!

I was in Vegas last week, so was too scared to weigh in until today...but surprisingly, I not only lost the pound I had gained after Hodag (music/camping thing I went to two weeks before Vegas), but a teensy bit more! 217.6, to be exact. My next goal was to be 216 (which according to my calculations was the first whole number under BMI 35) but according to my Wii Fit, I'm actually 34.something NOW! So I guess I can say I'm "just" obese, lol. Small victories.

Going camping this weekend until Tuesday. I have the rest of next week off and it's the end of my summer vacation I guess the good part about that is I will get serious about being OP again and hopefully start losing at a better rate. I have had a BLAST this summer though, and have still managed to lose over 6 lbs in spite of a lot of slacking off, so I guess I can't complain

Anyhoo...I will try to be more active around here pretty soon. Keep up the good work, ladies!!
NorthernExposure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:00 PM   #60  
Calorie Countin' Fool

S/C/G: 274/ticker/150 for now/137?

BTW...I've actually gotten brave and enough to post a profile pic! I'm not quite ready for full body shots (or before/current pics) quite yet, but I'm getting there Profile pic was taken about a month ago.
NorthernExposure is offline   Reply With Quote