Old 07-11-2009, 08:28 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by river View Post
Hi Everyone! I've stuck to the game plan the past 2 days with the exception of last night's dinner. It wasn't terrible but could have been better.

It's a beautiful day so i plan on swimming and yoga today. Later, Paul McCartney is playing an outdoor concert and I'm lucky enough to have VIP seats!! Pretty excited about that and I will be having a few drinks and snacks outside on a Halifax patio in a few hours, preshow.

I started clipping magazine pictures to make a vision board. I ended up with a ton of healthy looking food, fit people, tennis and running shots, yoga, and beach-y type clips. It wasn't done with the intention of motivating weight loss but it looks like it will. Has anyone every made a vision board for weight loss before? How did it look, and did it help?
That sounds like a fantastic day! Swimming and yoga are my favorite things. And the concert sounds great.

I make a vision board every year, but never with the specific intention of losing weight. I love my VB, and have it hung up where I can see it every morning and when I do my yoga. I find it helps keep me focused on my goals. Good luck with yours!
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 01:59 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

I think I am going to change my goal. The weight is still not going down, after skyrocketing up after last weekend. So, my starting weight for the goal is off by a couple pounds.....and I worry that my end goal will be too lofty. So, I am restarting today!!! I am 195 right now and hope to be 185 by Labor Day. It's actually the same amount of weight loss that I am hoping for (give or take a pound), but the numbers are different.
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 02:18 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 171/105/105

Height: 5'4"

Exclamation

Yucky. I've remained the same weight for three days. It's unlike me, but it's not totally unheard of. And then my therapist (yes... I see a therapist... long story ) was sort of shocked to hear that I am working out 1-1.5 hrs per day on a sprained ankle. She thinks that I should be doing 30 minutes max. I would gain weight on that! Would I have to eat even less?

Today I have exercised 100 minutes so far. I have the house all to myself later on, so I *may* do more. That's debatable. I'm a little in pain. The naproxen is not doing much. Anyway, here's what I've done so far:

30 mins kickboxing
45 mins Dance bowling (intense!)
45 mins water jogging/swimming... I would have done more, but I was in the pool all by myself. Got kinda lonely

MrsLovett
MrsLovett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 02:51 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

1 hike down!

Went for a 2.5 hour hike today. SHould have left earlier than 10am, it got kind of hot but I'm glad to have done it!
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 04:09 PM   #80  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Hello~Been a few days since posting~
Not feeling well today.(i hope it aint the swine flu~It's in OHIO ~not too far from here and I am worring.)

Anyways~I am at least back down to 192.4 today~ As my ticker has said since last week....I am on plan as always and even added in extra exercises
and walking longer amounts of time...But I was stuck in the 193's For around a week...Weird. I am trying to adjust my calories a little bit also.
From 1375 to 1400 to 1325 to 1350. I think i need an adjustmnent after 67.5 lbs and it's my time.
Well I will check back in later~Glad to see everyone is doing great.

I am up too about 2 1/2 to 3 hours of exercising a day NOW~SUCKS LOL
I will get use to it though.

Congrads to those whom are losing.GOOD JOB EVERYONE
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 09:55 AM   #81  
Yoyo Master

S/C/G: 182/175/130

Height: 5'5"

Just sitting here watching the rain come down. I wanted to take a walk, guess I'll just wait for a lull and go out with an umbrella.

As far as weight goes, heck, it's not even been a week yet. I don't think it will be a big loss week for me, but a loss is a loss.
Alright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 10:52 AM   #82  
NEVER GIVE UP

Hello Everyone~I am Feeling much better today.
Finally 191.8~A new number I haven't saw before~ So that extra exercise and adjusting my calories a little bit seems to be paying off.
(I HOPE)

Anyways I will check back in again later.
Hope everyone has a great day.

Alright~I walk indoors alot. It was rainy here yesterday also.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:02 AM   #83  
BELIEVE!

Hello!

Just popping in for a moment. My posting time has been limited lately. All is good. I ate a lil off plan yesterday, but back on track today! I have a zillion errands to run, along with hitting the gym so I'll catch you fabulous folks later!

Barb
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 01:34 PM   #84  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

Height: 5'7"

Morning, all!

The scale finally moved down a little this morning, and I even got a new low that I haven't seen before. (woot!) 168.4 this morning. I'm happy to see that, after bouncing around in the 170s for a week.

I skipped the crossfit gym yesterday morning. Didn't want to, but just had a lot going on in the morning, and there's only 1 workout time on Saturdays, and I missed it. It's okay, though, because I was pretty beat up from the past week of too many killer workouts in a row, so having the extra recovery day won't hurt a bit. I did get out on the bike though, did some yardwork, tried some headstands and handstand push-up progressions, and did a few sit-ups and push-ups, just so I wasn't totally slacking.

I'm still doing chores, and have to make a Costco run soon, but will check in later to do replies and catch up on reading your posts!
jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 02:56 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 202/199/170

Height: 5'8"

Id like to jump in here if its not too late. Quick intro: I was on the South Beach forum but I just couldnt hack that "diet". I think what I really need to do is track my eating/exercising to ensure that I dont have some long-term problem (overtrained badly about 3 years ago and have been struggling since) and a little accountability would be good!

My partner and I just returned from a visit to his parents/friends in Sweden. After two weeks of eating fresh potatoes at seemingly every meal, lots of meat, and at least three binge-drinking episodes due to parties I weighed myself when I came home and I ... lost three pounds. Granted I was walking a lot here and there, but I also realized I was eating far smaller portions, was consistently eating BREAKFAST (even if it was small), was eating purer food, wasnt snacking, had little access to low-calorie drinks, and the sodas I did have were made of sugar, not HFCS, in moderate amounts.

Before we left we would keep diet soda around and I was always looking for a snack or chocolate fix- since we got back I havent touched the stuff (or normal US soda for that matter) and poof! problem solved! Ive also maintained the breakfast eating and making sure I get up to make food when I start to feel hungry-lest I be tempted to start up on my "ill just have some crackers for lunch" pattern.

So my strategy is to maintain eating healthy, homemade food (I never realized just how much US McDonalds tastes like soap compared to McD in other countries), steer clear of snacks unless i REALLY am hungry, and get back into my training/weights mode. Oh- and if I want something sweet, then homemade with real sugar

Current weight-199- TOM is taking its sweet time- too much travel I think!
Goal weight- Im going to go easy with 190 here so I can work out calorie needs and give myself leeway to get into counting everything and writing everything down!

Other goals:
1) Maintain at least 2x week weight training
2) Work back up to 100+ mile weeks of cycling
3) Work back up to 3000 yd swim workouts
4) Keep working on running longer distances!
bertinecranston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 03:13 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 171/105/105

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy

Hi all!

Looks like I'm going to have to revise my goals a bit. I'll have to think about it a bit. My sprained ankle is HURTING. I mean, it hurts after exercise. I tend to exercise 1.5- 2 hrs per day, and my doctor okayed exercise, so I figured I was fine. Well, it hurts. So I asked on another site about what they think I should be doing exercise-wise and they basically said little to no exercise at all. That's totally not cool with me. To go from exercising all day to nothing at all... NO. Also, what am I supposed to have as my calorie level? I'm currently around 1200 (dietitian recommended). Should I go lower because I'm going to be basically sedentary?

Maybe water exercises would be okay. It felt good to go into the pool yesterday. I did water jogging for 45 minutes. Would have done it longer, but I was all alone and got kinda lonely.

My weight has stayed the same for 4 days now.. Ick. Not good. I hope everyone is doing better than I am!

MrsLovett
MrsLovett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 04:36 PM   #87  
NEVER GIVE UP

MrsLovett ~I have read everywhere not to go under 1200 calories~but I would ask my doctor...They may inform you otherwise... Sorry to hear about your foot.
Hopefully everything will come back together for you once it heals.
I figure the more you rest it the quicker it will heal & you can get back to your normal routine.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:52 PM   #88  
I'll Sleep When I'm Dead!

S/C/G: 230/223/140

Height: 5'4.75"

Hey All! I needed to pop in and check in. Last week was a complete loss with exercise due to an asthma flare up! Im back on Prednisone.. and I can breathe again.. so I am hitting the scale and the gym tomorrow morning.

I am a little afraid to get on the scale due to what the prednisone does to my body.
JoviMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 09:55 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 197/185/123-125

Height: 5'1"

I'm jumping in a little late, but I'd love to join! My goals:
- I know it's a little ambitious, but I'd love to lose 13 pounds by Labor Day. I'm 153 so that would put me at 140. But I have plans for the fall that I would love to execute with a slimmer figure .
- I'll also be measuring so I'd love to lose inches from the bust, waist, and hips, although I can't say how many right now. But even if I don't lose a pound but lose inches, I'll be happy.
- Maintain my exercise level (30-45 minutes brisk walking/stretching DVD every day)
- Add yoga DVD for relaxation (I need it!) most days, if not every day
- Make time for ME (and that does not mean going brain dead for hours in front of the TV) - writing, reading, yoga
- Find alternatives to binge cravings (journaling, Facebook, taking a hot bath)

I really need support and encouragement because I've done 2 diets "by the book" the last month, kept away from the junk food, and lost only 1/2 pound on one and nothing on the other . If this doesn't work, I may have to look at other reasons I'm not losing weight, like thyroid issues (but I'm 39, so I know that weight loss is tough when you reach 40 and beyond). I want to turn this downward spiral of weight gain and binge eating around.

Tam
tammay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 09:59 PM   #90  
Almost there! 7lbs to go!

S/C/G: 165/137/130

Height: 5'8"

My weekend was a total write-off... my youngest has had a fever all weekend and i'm running on 1 1/2 hrs sleep over the last 3 days... I ate well, but NO exercise at all.. i'm afraid i'll hurt myself 'cause i'm so run down.. lol! Hoping for a good nights sleep tonight so I can get back on track tomorrow... on the upside, since i've upped my calories (calorie cycling 1300-1700) i've lost 1 1/2lbs!! Yay! lol!
Moralia is offline   Reply With Quote