Old 07-12-2009, 10:03 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 197/185/123-125

Height: 5'1"

MrsLovett, what about doing only upper body exercise that you don't have to use that ankle for? Like taking a resistance band (they're very cheap at Walmart and online, if you don't have one) or weights (also cheap at Wally's) and doing stuff like bicep curls, tricep kickbacks, etc. I'm sure you could find a bunch of upper body exercises on the web. It might not be much but it would be some exercise at least. I know I've gotten into the habit of doing exercise daily that I would go crazy if I couldn't do at least something!

Just a thought...

Tam
tammay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 05:57 AM   #92  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moralia View Post
My weekend was a total write-off... my youngest has had a fever all weekend and i'm running on 1 1/2 hrs sleep over the last 3 days... I ate well, but NO exercise at all.. i'm afraid i'll hurt myself 'cause i'm so run down.. lol! Hoping for a good nights sleep tonight so I can get back on track tomorrow... on the upside, since i've upped my calories (calorie cycling 1300-1700) i've lost 1 1/2lbs!! Yay! lol!
I don't think your weekend was a "write-off". Eating right is 80% of the battle!!!
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 09:58 AM   #93  
Almost there! 7lbs to go!

S/C/G: 165/137/130

Height: 5'8"

Thanks!! That makes me feel better then! She's still not feeling well, & no sleep for me.. Ugh! Maybe I'll try some simple toning exercises tonight, it's gotta count for something.. ?
Moralia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 10:13 AM   #94  
Yoyo Master

S/C/G: 182/175/130

Height: 5'5"

Weight is down 2 lbs for the week. Super cool.

I did wake up with a kink in my neck which is never fun.
Alright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 11:08 AM   #95  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Height: 5'6"

I am having some decent loss FINALLY I am at 191.2 today and sooo dang close to those 180's~
I added more exercise and adjusted my calories by about 25 a day.was at 1375 to 1400 now at 1350 to 1375 I am nearly 2/3 of the way to my Main weight loss goal.
those changes has helped me alot. Once I get to 187 I am 2/3 of the way to main goal goal~WOOT! WOOT!

Anyways~I still got 12 more lbs to go for this challenge and Hopefully along the way I am officially in a 10 or less!!)

Good Job Everyone!!!

2lbs is awesome alright!

Will type soon~Glad to see you joined challenge Tammay~WELCOME!

Last edited by Lori259; 07-13-2009 at 05:31 PM.
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 11:46 AM   #96  
I'll Sleep When I'm Dead!

S/C/G: 230/223/140

Height: 5'4.75"

OK.. I got on the scale and it was bad. up 4.5 pounds. But I can tell you that it is water weight mostly because I feel swollen. even my fingers are sausages. darn steriods.

The good thing is getting on the scale motivated me. I have a meeting at church in a couple hours then after that.. I am driving to the gym and working out.

I realized I am leaving for Italy in 14 months... and I really want to be at goal by then!
JoviMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 12:36 PM   #97  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

Height: 5'7"

Bertine and Tam, to the challenge!

MrsL, you don't want to be sedentary, you just need to modify your exercise routine, to take it easy on that one ankle. So, yeah, the Wii balance board might be a bit much for that ankle, but you could use your good leg and keep a highback chair or wall within easy reach, so that if you're losing your balance, you don't come down hard on that ankle or twist it again. The swimming is definitely a great exercise option right now. Also, you can do things like knee push-ups, whatever abs stuff you like, upper body weight training, upper body or standing on the good leg Wii games, lie on the floor and do leg raises or use lower body weight machines that aren't putting pressure on that ankle. Just get creative. Think about how you can do what you do, without tearing up that ankle. Laying yourself up will actually make that ankle take even longer to heal than normal, so just modify the exercises, rest it when it starts to hurt, use crutches if you need to if it gets sore just from walking around (but I wouldn't use them all the time, just maybe in the afternoon or evening, if you have to be standing and walking past the point where that ankle is getting sore/painful), but keep the rest of your body moving and functioning normally. And definitely keep the cals where they are.

Jovi, hope the return to the gym went well. Glad you're breathing normally again. I have a friend at the gym that is on prednisone. I don't know all the details of what it does to a person, but I know how hard she has to work, sometimes walking the running workouts, or modifying exercises, so I can imagine how hard you're working. Great job, sticking with it!

Moralia and Alright and Lori, congrats on the weight loss this week!

Well, yesterday was a rest day, after all. I'd planned to workout, but didn't get to it, so will do that today. Trying to decided between a bike ride, or a regular crossfit torture workout.
jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 05:48 PM   #98  
I'll Sleep When I'm Dead!

S/C/G: 230/223/140

Height: 5'4.75"

I had to check in and let you all know how I did!
  • 65 Minutes on the Treadmill walking with the hill cycle.
  • 25 minutes of upper body weights and Abs
  • 5 Minutes of stretching!
I feel pretty good! My knees are a little sore, but my breathing is great. I go see the Sports med doc tmo... so we shall see what he says about my knees.

Jamsk8r - Prednisone is a PITA! side effects include water retention, increased Blood sugar levels, cravings, plus stuff like vision changes, Calcium leaching, etc. Fortunately about 2 years ago I had sinus surgery which got me off the constant prednisone, and I only need it when I have flares... but even then, I am having to work really hard. The one thing I did discover is that anything with HIGH quantities of real sugar in them can cause a flare.. so Splenda and Stevia are my friends!
JoviMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 06:52 PM   #99  

Well, didn't start today as I planned . But I did tweak my menu a bit so that I'm having more protein, which is what I think I need right now. I've been doing a lot of low-protein diets lately and I don't think my body does well with this. Went shopping today and all raring to go tomorrow .

Tam
Old 07-13-2009, 08:38 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

I decided that I want to do that 10 minute strength training boot camp thing that I mentioned in my goals at least three times a week. Last week, I did it three times and did it again yesterday (for time 1 of this week) and my thighs are absolutely BURNING!!! haha.....that's gotta be a good thing though, right? The pain means that it's working

But everything else is back on plan.....good eats throughout the day, 50 minutes on the elliptical this morning (couldn't do any more because of aforementioned thigh burning), and already at 72 ounces of water with another 32 to go while watching tv tonight.

I just want the damn scale to go down LOL
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 01:01 AM   #101  

S/C/G: 185/179/120

Height: 5'2"

Is it too late to join in?
If not, here's what I'd like to achieve by labor day:

-Exercise regularly (6 days a week)
-Keep my calories consistent, apx 1200, with one 1800 day a week
-Get down to 165 (20 lbs total lost) :

Good luck everyone!

Last edited by Amma; 07-14-2009 at 01:02 AM.
Amma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 08:58 AM   #102  
Yoyo Master

S/C/G: 182/175/130

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone. I see lots of good steady progress in all of our stats.

Went out for sushi last night, that was yummy.

Today I plan on just taking it easy. I'm experiencing a bit of muscle aches and pains and just know it's rest time. I have a massage scheduled for this afternoon too.

I'll try to eat low today, since I'm not expending any extra energy, but I will let that fall into place as needed.

Wishing everyone the best today.
Alright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:46 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 250/173.6/145

Hi all! I'm a bit late to the party but would like to join in.

My goals:
- Run 3x a week
- Lose 9 lbs to get to 165
- Strength train 2x a week

Woot! It's been a while since I've joined a challenge. I'm excited.
MotoMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 01:08 PM   #104  

Hi all,
Today is my official first day on calorie counting. I've been doing some research on calorie cycling and it looks as if this has been successful for many people so I decided I'm going to try it. So I adjusted my menu according to a website where you can enter your age, weight, height, and activity level and it gives you suggestions for level of calories in cycling. Since I have a pretty low calorie average to work with (about 1270 per day for "extreme fat loss" ), the cycle doesn't include huge jumps in calories every day, which actually makes me feel less nervous about it. I think I would be scared to try something where I'm eating 1200 calories one day, 1800 the next, etc.

Weighed and measured today. I knew it would be pretty bad, since I've eaten nothing but junk food the last two days but it wasn't as bad as I thought:

Weight: 153
Bust: 41.5
Waist: 39.5
Hips: 42.5

I ate a lot of salt, so I'm sure some of that on my waist is bloating which hopefully will go away in a few days. I plan on adding very little salt for the next few days to see if I can get it to go down.

The nice thing about calorie cycling is that I'm not focusing on food groups, limiting this, eating unlimited that, but on calories, so basically I can eat from every food group. I haven't tried this yet, as the last 2 diets I've done have limited certain foods. I'm hoping this way will make me feel less deprived. I am a vegan, so I do cut out some foods by nature (meat, dairy) but I don't have a problem with not eating these foods. I'm trying to focus on eating mainly whole fresh foods, so we'll see what happens .

Tam
Old 07-14-2009, 06:07 PM   #105  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

Tam, good luck with the calorie counting. It worked well for me, as I'm one who has to take the "cutting out the bad stuff" one step at a time. It sometimes takes trying on a few different food plans, to find the one that you can stick with long term.

Michelle, good to see you here. Welcome to the challenge! How far are you running these days?

Alright, I wanted to say that I always enjoy your posts. Just hearing about someone else getting a massage... Ah, I'll live vicariously through you. I had my first massage this year, at one of those "free massage" booths at the 5K run. I was ready to sell the kid to the gypsies, so I could buy a few more sessions!

Amma, it is never, ever, ever too late to join these challenges. to the challenge, good luck with your goals! And,

Chele, glad to hear that you are back in the groove. Have fun (haha) with the boot camp workouts! Every day at my gym is like a bootcamp workout from heck, so I'm feeling your pain!

Karen, thanks for explaining the prednisone effects in more detail. I had no idea! Hope you can get back off the stuff pretty quick, since that does sound like a pain!

Phew! Made it through all the replies...it pays to check in at least once a day!

My workout is done. First day back at the gym after a long weekend, so of course, the trainer tried to kill us. I'm hoping against hope for a weighlifting focus day tomorrow. Probably won't happen, but a girl can dream!
jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote