Old 09-06-2009, 01:13 PM   #346  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

Height: 5'7"

Alright, love the new avatar pic!

Jacque, you've still got today and tomorrow...that's just 500 minutes a day, lol!

to Lori, David, Deana and everybody else!

Did some fun strongman stuff at my gym yesterday. Learned two new things I hadn't tried before: the continental clean with the axle (really fat barbell that's hard for me to grip) and the yoke walk. I think my trainer is doing some more strongman stuff on Monday, but not sure if he'll let me play, since I'm such a noob, he has to supervise all my lifts right now.

Today is a stay-home day...phew! This seemed like a very long week, I think because I had to be gone so much working, then had an extra day at the gym with the cert last Sunday. Anyway, I am glad to be home for one day. It's pouring rain, so I guess it will be a good day to catch up on laundry and housecleaning chores. Oh, and I need to cook ahead some breakfast and lunch proteins for the coming week!

Surprisingly (since all I did was lift heavy yesterday), I got a new low on the scale this morning..I guess sleeping in pays off, sometimes! 162.4! I'm closing in on my goal of getting under 160 for the strongman lightweight women's class division. Woot! I can't WAIT to get to maintenance...I'm so sick of trying to make the scale go down, after months of it crawling along at a snail's pace!

I hope you all are getting better weather for the holiday weekend than we are! This is definitely not camping and picnic weather!
jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 01:19 PM   #347  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

Lori, I almost forgot...I love YOUR new avatar pic, too! You look hot! Great outfit, too! I'm glad you're liking the ab slide thing. I didn't think of it, but you're right about working the abs, because while that won't spot-burn fat, it will make them stronger and make them tighten up, which would hold things in/up, which we like! Now, if only there was an exercise I could do to get my boobs to do that trick!
Old 09-06-2009, 02:23 PM   #348  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Well, my goal was to fit comfortably into a size 14. I don't know if I reached it yet because I don't have any 14s to check but I know the 16s I am wearing are ready to fall off me so that's a good sign.
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 02:36 PM   #349  
the camera adds 10 lbs

S/C/G: 258/ticker/185

i didnt make my goal ...im not disappointed about that but i do need to take it to another level as far as weekend eating and regular exercise...i like the way my body is responding to the slow weight loss,...between that and the physically demanding job i have i feel really good about my potential for a decent looking body...i started an nfl kickoff challenge thread, but i know jam is going to start a new thread and ill join that challenge as well...thanks so much everyone, because of you guys i know ill make goal...SOMEDAY!!!
david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 03:08 PM   #350  

S/C/G: 171/105/105

Height: 5'4"

Hi!

I haven't written on this thread in a while Sorry! I've been slacking on the exercise front... well, slacking in my eyes. 60 something minutes per day? Today was utter crap. Woke up late, decided to do dishes first, had breakfast, procrastinated... kinda never got to exercise. I'm going to walk a bit though. Haven't done that in a while.

My weight's been holding around 120 lbs. so I made the goal for this challenge and then some! I think my goal was for 125 lbs. I forget what I started at. Anyway, time to go!

MrsLovett
MrsLovett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 03:30 PM   #351  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Height: 5'6"

hahahahaha~how funny Jam~If you figure out that exercise let me know too!!! hahahahaha

Also thanks for the compliment.
AND CONGRADULATIONS ON Being so close to GOAL & maintaining!

well I guess Tommorrow is Labor day I am still around 183ish to 182ish

But I was 193.8 Or so when I started on the 4th of July So At least I aint that weight still. So Unless a miracle happens overnight I Am assuming I will not make my goal For this challenge But thats cool with me.

Although I haven't tried those size 10's on for awhile so That I will do later....Maybe I did reach a goal ~Doubt it ~LOL!

GLAD TO ALL THAT DID!!! AND GLAD TO ALL WITH LOSS of come sort~OR OTHER GOALS ACOMPLISHED~GOOD JOB EVERYONE.

What will next challenge be Jam? halloween????

will Type again 2morrow.

Last edited by Lori259; 09-07-2009 at 10:44 AM.
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 08:11 PM   #352  
the camera adds 10 lbs

S/C/G: 258/ticker/185

lori, youre a star...i bow down to you
david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 08:59 AM   #353  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamsk8r View Post
Alright, love the new avatar pic!

Jacque, you've still got today and tomorrow...that's just 500 minutes a day, lol!
Well since I didn't do anything yesterday I have to get all 860 in today. That is about 14 hours of exercise....Nah...don't think that will happen...
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:51 AM   #354  
NEVER GIVE UP

OK~I looked back and my official start weight of challenge was 193.6 So I was close with my guess above.
My todays weight is 182.6 So I lost a total of 11 lbs during the challenge.
Didn't reach my Goal(My overnight miracle didn't happen!!! I am sooo unlucky LOL)

I have 1 pair of my size 10's that fit comfortably~So I will mark that as Sorta accomplished~(LOL ~Although that was 1 pair out of about 12 pairs )

I am excited to start a new challenge and have some new goals~So I will sign up as soon as you get another one started Jam.

GOOD JOB EVERYONE!!!!!

Thanks David~By the way,You did awesome this challenge .
Old 09-07-2009, 01:58 PM   #355  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

My goal weight didn't happen, as I am only at 191.2....but it's a smaller number than I started with, so that's a good thing. Now that school is back in session, I find that there is a lot more structure in my day than when I was home during the summer, so hopefully things will start going down again. My weight pretty much stayed the same throughout the entire challenge until the very end.

I was able to accomplish some things non-number wise. I began jogging on the treadmill throughout this challenge and have made it to 15 minutes straight jogging without stopping. I am very proud of that!

Last edited by Chele615; 09-07-2009 at 01:59 PM.
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 09:08 PM   #356  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

Hey all! Well, I think we all gave it a good try, and got some victories along the way, so I'm calling this one a success.

My final report:
Start weight: 171.2
End weight: 162.4 (2.4 from my challenge goal, but still 8.8 lbs down..woot!)
Handstand kick-up goal: nope, hardly got a chance to work on it this round.
Pull-up goal: yes! My one goal reached. Now, if I could just get more than 2 in a row, lol!

Peeps, I hate to disappoint you, but I'm actually NOT going to do another challenge. To start the thread is to commit to being there for every person, keeping up with replies even if nobody else does, and lately I find I just don't have that kind of time for my 3FC habit. If somebody else wants to take over the holiday challenges, feel free, or join David's challenge, or start something totally fresh and new!

I can still be found on the Weight & Resistance Training board here at 3FC, in the monthly chat, where I usually bore them with the details of my daily workouts . Also, feel free to PM me, if you want to keep in touch. Make every day count, my peeps!
Old 09-07-2009, 11:02 PM   #357  
BELIEVE!

Happy Labor Day! I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!

I've had a difficult time being active on this last thread. Life is wonderful and crazy...just not much time to chat.

My goal for this challenge was to firmly get out of the 230s. I feel comfortable that I've done so...My Friday weigh in was 222.6 and today was 224...I typically float up and down a couple pounds especially this time of the month.

I look forward to chatting with you guys around the board! If someone decides to start a new challenge I'll definitely pop in when I can.

Jam...you can't get away from me!

Last edited by BarbPA; 09-07-2009 at 11:03 PM.
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:50 AM   #358  
Yoyo Master

S/C/G: 182/175/130

Height: 5'5"

I started at 169.8 (we'll just say 170 so the math is easy.) I'm hovering right around 158, so I lost 12 solid pounds. My goal was to see under 155, but that didn't quite happen.

I'm really pleased with the loss.

I'm continuing on with a challenge on another site.

Good job to everyone, I need to read back and see what you all accomplished.
Alright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 12:00 PM   #359  
NEVER GIVE UP

Jams ~I will start the halloween challenge. I am not sure about the rest but maybe someone else will take it over....I will pm you bunches! I will do my best to keep up with it.I hope thats ok~I will just copy and paste your start outs if thats ok~HOPE SO~Off to start the new challenge.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:25 PM   #360  
NEVER GIVE UP

OK ~Jams I started the new challenge~feel freee to drop us a line in it from time to time.....EVERYONE ELSE COME JOIN THE NEW CHALLENGE~Click here to get to it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calo...ml#post2915231