Old 08-24-2009, 10:44 AM   #316  
My dream stomach!!

S/C/G: S/C/G: 152/ticker/129

Height: 5' 7"

I'm kinda jumping in here in the middle of things, hope ya'll don't mind. To late to start the challenge but I might tag along with you the rest of the way...

Cheryl~ I actually have the opposite problem. My family is always trying to feed me. And you know, if they wanted me to gain weight it sure worked. It would be annoying if that's all the family wanted to talk about though. I don't have the problem. I can't believe she hides food from you. If it wouldn't mess up your progress I'd probably be like "oh look, brownies" and eat one in front of her. Hopefully she'll get past this eventually!!
Melly83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 01:50 PM   #317  
the camera adds 10 lbs

S/C/G: 258/ticker/185

cheryl...imo anything you say to this relative will not help the situation...some people just have an old school mentality....they dont really know what to do or say....you know the type, they think a diet means carrot sticks and they say things like "just cut out the bread" in the big picture, this person means well...ill bet if you found the right person to talk about this with, youd end up getting a good laugh out of it...because if you look at the behavior, its pretty absurd...also, youve been such a mainstay of this thread, you have the right to rant any time you want
david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 04:33 PM   #318  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

Height: 5'7"

Melly, it wouldn't mess me up, but I don't think it would help the situation, lol! Welcome to the challenge!

David, thanks for the support. I'm not super upset about it, it's just something that gets in the way sometimes. I'm glad I've changed my life, and wouldn't go back, but it has definitely shaken up some of my relationships!

Oy, today's workout was killer! Gobs of barbell back squats. Hope everyone is having a good day today!
jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 04:13 PM   #319  
the camera adds 10 lbs

jam isnt it amazing that some people have trouble handling others successes...its disappointing when its someone that we otherwise really like...lets just all keep doing what were doing and leave the hatin to the haters cuz thats what they do...im in recovery mode from the weekend...at my fantasy football draft i had to drink 3 shots of vodka...2 for drafting guys that had already been drafted and 1 for drafting a rookie...hangar 9 vodka...i highly recommend it!!! but not if youre getting up at 4 am to go fishing...have a great day everyone...lori youre turning into a 3fc allstar...keep it up!! welcome melly
Old 08-26-2009, 05:32 PM   #320  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

David, glad you had fun with the weekend. I used to love fishing on the lakes in Oklahoma, growing up. Now, I live in WA, and have no idea how to catch fish here. I see a lot of people fly-fishing in the river on my way to and from the gym. I would really like to learn that style, as it looks like fun, but don't know anyone personally that could show me. Guess I could just wander down to the river and ask one of the 40 people standing in the water. I don't know how they catch fish with so many people standing so close together, but apparently they do, because I see them coming up the bank with them.

Let's see. My weight, I have no idea, since I was blimped up from Monday's squat workout. Yesterday I missed the morning gym time, so made that workout up today (it was just heavy overhead presses), then did today's workout, which was running, kettlebell swings, and sit-ups. I was never so happy to see running in a workout, since my sore legs really needed loosening up! I felt 100 times better after the workout, so hopefully that will carry me through the day. Tomorrow morning, trying to get out of bed, could be another story.

Last edited by jamsk8r; 08-26-2009 at 05:34 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:20 PM   #321  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

So, school is pretty much back in session. We had training all day tomorrow, another all day training tomorrow, Friday off, and then Monday is the "welcome back teachers" day with the kids coming on Tuesday. Gah....I am so not ready for summer vacation to be over!!! It's especially hard because it rained and was freezing all throughout June and July. So, now it's starting to finally feel like summer and we're going to be stuck in an old and badly ventilated classroom LOL

I had the weirdest sensation today when i was at the gym. I went at my normal school year time of around 3pm and the place was absolutely EMPTY! I did 35 minutes hardcore on the elliptical and then did 25 minutes of jogging/walking (18 minutes of jogging with 7 minutes of walking sprinkled in there). About 2 minutes into my jogging though, I felt this weird pull in my left leg. I have only had one charlie horse in my life and it happened in my sleep, so I don't really know what it really feels like, but that's what I thought might have been happening. So I had to put the machine on pause and stretch out some more.

I was sweating like a pig when I was done, but it felt great!!! I still can't believe that I can and will jog on a treadmill in a gym with people around! haha
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 06:37 AM   #322  
the camera adds 10 lbs

jam if you really want to learn go out with a guide and really pay attention, then youll know what to do the next time...ill bet youre near tons of great fishing spots
Old 08-27-2009, 09:45 AM   #323  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hi Sounds like victories are being won here in this challenge. I managed 2 good days and hoping today will be the third in a row. I'm hoping to get back to exercise by September. I know this challenge is blown for me but there's always next month, right? I'm not even getting on the scales until September as I'm hoping I'll drop a few of these summer pounds and won't be as shocked as I'd likely be today. I thought I'd be at goal by now...sigh...
retiredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:45 AM   #324  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

Chele, I hope you find some ways to enjoy the good weather...maybe you can take the kids outside. WTG with the workout!

Isabella, I hope things level out for you soon, so you can be back to your old butt-kicking weight loss self. I know what you mean about goal. I figured I'd be done by now, as well, but what can we do? Keep eating good foods and exercising and living and coming here for support.

David, I am going to look into it. I think it would be a nice thing to do with my boy.

Gotta run to the gym. Later, peeps!
Old 08-27-2009, 01:53 PM   #325  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

alright. 174 is my weekly avg now. If I see 170 lbs by the end of this month. I will have met a goal. And I also want to ge to 165 by labor day. I'm still sticking to my goals.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 02:16 PM   #326  
the camera adds 10 lbs

i know i wont reach my goal for this challenge, i never do!! lol i have made a steady progression towards my longterm goal...these challenges are great but if you dont hit the number you posted it is by no means failure..i know for sure that posting every day has kept me more focused and more on track...its so easy to throw in the towel after 1 or 2 bad days, but when you see the team effort it helps you to regroup and pick up the pieces...have a great day everyone
Old 08-27-2009, 03:44 PM   #327  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

Hello, my peeps!

I am having my post-workout cup of hot tea, and chillin'. The workout today was fun, and evil, as is usual for crossfit workouts. Deadlifts, Power Cleans, Squat Cleans, and Push-Ups. I needed to practice the squat cleans, and toward the end of the workout, actually felt like I was doing them right, for once!

It's sunny here, warm, but not hot. I enjoy the sunshine, but am ready for winter to happen so I can start running my dog again. She needs it below 55 degree (F) to run in harness. (sigh) In the meantime, I guess I could get off my rear and mow the lawn one more time, wack the edges one more time. (boring!)

My weekly weight average is going down steadily, even though my daily weights can be all over the place, from my workouts. Thankfully, the averaging shows the trend, so I don't go mental and think nothing good is happening. I spend several days each week bloated up with water weight from heavy or long workouts, which can add 3 or 4 lbs overnight, then it leaves just as quickly a day or two later. Anyway, it's heading the right direction, apparently.

I haven't had a chance to work on my handstands again, and while I'm not giving up on getting that goal, I'd hoped to have it done by now. It just seems like my shoulders are always shredded from some workout or another, so it never seems like the right time to try and support my bodyweight with my arms, lol. I might get brave and try some cartwheels in the yard today. I've been thinking that maybe, if I could do those, that might help me learn to throw my weight up there, and indirectly help me get over my fear of the handstand kick-up. The wall scares me, since there's no place to go but on my head, if my arms go out. At least with a cartwheel and lots of room, I have a chance of landing on something besides my noggin!
Old 08-28-2009, 07:45 AM   #328  
Yoyo Master

S/C/G: 182/175/130

Height: 5'5"

Morning all.

Sorry I haven't been around. I've been posting elsewhere (yes, I'm a traitor.) But I'm still losing weight.

I had planned on dieting till the end of this challenge and taking a week break, but life got in the way and I took my break last week. So I had a nice time to relax, saw the weight go up only 1 lb, and then right back on it this past Monday.

I'm down to 157.2 as of this morning. I don't think I'll be seeing my challenge goal of under 155 unless I lose a bodypart, so I don't think I'll worry about that.

Cool thing is, I'm already signed up for a challenge that starts on Labor Day till the end of the year.

At which point, I will HOPEFULLY be done with the hard dieting part of this diet and on to maintenance.

Hope all have a good day.
Alright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:00 PM   #329  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

I made it through yesterday and even got in 5k on my exercise bike. Today has been good so far, too. Went blueberry picking yesterday and today. They're wild and free for the picking. Yummy berries. But today the wind was so cold we came home early but still had nearly 4 litres of berries picked before we headed for the car.
retiredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 02:50 PM   #330  
the camera adds 10 lbs

getting ready for a busy weekend...raider game and party at moms on sat...fishing all day sunday,,,gotta squeeze in time for cleaning also or the wife might kill me!! im hoping to lose that 1 lb and keep the streak alive...well see...have a great weekend everyone!!