Old 07-03-2007, 11:11 PM   #31  
Back to make it to goal!

Location: Seattle, but an Original CA girl! I miss the sunny days!

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/140-135?

Height: 5'3

Good Evening everyone! Thanks for the congrats, it's a real motivator to keep going!

Zenor!! Size 8 is awesome! Clothes size are a funny thing...some places you wear a bigger size others a smaller. It gets confusing!

QueenJane- Way to go on the loss! I always try to tell myself Slow and steady wins the race.

AnneA- You'll be there very soon! You are making such great progress! Way to go!!

LittleRed- I am so ready to be at my goal weight! I have a bikini calling my name! LOL

what are your plans for the 4th? DF has his parents coming over for some BBQ and I'm making a tuna pasta salad, and some kind of shrimp dish. Oooh gotta put out my chicken breast! LOL I almost forgot. DF also mentioned that we should take a trip to Jamaica next year...hmm something to look forward to!
Well have a great 4th, incase I don't come on tomorrow!!
Tinky009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:16 PM   #32  
It's up to me this time!

I decided to try on my "fat jeans" today...and they don't fit!! I can't even get the buttons close enough to say "hi" to one another...oh man...when you can't get into your fat clothes you know it's time to get serious! I'm just getting through day 2 of calorie counting and I really am liking this so much better than the other plans i've tried....I do not like the thought of having to take anything out of my plan ...with this I can work anything in...as long as I work it in..lol
jcogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:44 PM   #33  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Zenor, I'm scared about the maintaining part too! the losing part (IMO) is the easy part (once you get started).

Littlered, I'm still taking weightloss pics every month around the 11th.

Here's my last one and I'll have another soon. I've dropped a size so I hope I can finally see a difference in the pics.

CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 01:44 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Cals for today~ 1431
Fiber~ 43 grams

DH has to work tomorrow night (the nature of the theatre) so I'm going to a fireworks show with some friends. It's at a winery an hour away. They will have food, but we're bringing our own. I made potato salad (with lemon juice and olive oil~no mayo concerns), tabouli, and I'm going to make massaged kale (raw kale salad type thing.) Plus, fruit and I bought some pretzels. It should be fun. I've never gone to an official fireworks show. We always used to park a ways away and watch from a far when I was a kid (frugal parents. Lol.)

Cool Mom~ I love your curls! I just got a hair cut and now mine are having a revolution. They'll calm down soon I'm sure. Your little man has the cutest expressions! You look great!

Happy 4th of July everyone!
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 05:33 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Zoe- Very cute little guy!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 09:08 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 210/205/140

Height: 5 ft 5 inch

question..why do people celebrate the 4th of July? I live in the uk an as far as I know, we don';t celebrate it heh. Im guessing i soun really stupid.
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 10:07 AM   #37  
Back to the beginning....

S/C/G: 177/177/150

Height: 5'5"

Hello everyone Happy 4th of July!!! Hope everyone is having a great day!! We took the kids to fireworks last night. Well they were good after a 40 min show of fireworks, and then 1 hour waiting in traffic to get home, we finally got home. The traffic is the wrost part about 40 mins of that was sitting in line about 3 feet from where we parked.

So I have been bouncin around 135 since Saturday. I think that these last 6 lbs are going to be the hardest. But I am up for the challenge!!! My calories have been a little higher so that is probably while I am maintaining. Which is good.

Rusty-4th of July is a United States holiday from when the Constitution (sp?) was signed. At least something along those lines....history class was a long time ago.

About the sizing of clothes....I hate that they aren't all the same. At Old Navy I am also one size smaller, which I like but then I go into Target or something and not thinking grab the "Old Navy" size and of course it don't fit. So I have come to the conclusion that I need to buy all my clothes at Old Navy, LMAO!!!!
Petra6998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 10:14 AM   #38  

This is the date that the Declaration of Independence from the United Kingdom of Great Britain was signed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indepen...(United_States)

Kimberly
KimberlyinMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 11:11 AM   #39  
julie

S/C/G: 239/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'2

goodmorning ladies, so i think tv is my worst enemy. it plants suggestions for certain fast food resturants in my head sigh. how often do you guys weigh yourselves?

petra i hope your last six pounds come off soon for you.

coolmom that is a great idea about the weight loss pics. maybe i could do that with my daughter.

jcogs i tried on my loose jeans last night and they were snug sigh.
jaceycat28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 12:08 PM   #40  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

S/C/G: 240/Ticker/150 Ultimate Goal

Height: 5' 3"

I agree, I hate the sizing of clothes. Especially for me, cuz I carry a lot of my weight in my stomach, so shirts are always to big for me in plus, so I have to buy XL's then pants I have to buy in Plus. And one vent about plus for me is that I am so short, that they make the freakin crotch on the pants so long!!! Like I always tell hubby, they just assume that all "bigger" woman are tall and have huge chests, and thats not always the case! LOL. But that's okay, soon I will be back down in woman's!!
PinkHoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 01:32 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Petra~ I'm having the same issue with my last 6-8 lbs! I keep bouncing in between.

Rusty~ They don't celebrate the 4th in the UK because this is the day that the colonists pretty much gave the King (George I think) the bird. Thankfully our countries get along better now. It's basically turned into a summer BBQ and party holiday and there are always fireworks.

jaceycat28~ I weigh myself everyday, in the morning, naked, after using the bathroom. Now on occasion I do see fluctuations, but I don't let it phase me unless it stays up for a week. Then I get upset. Lol. I can understand the tv=cravings. We got rid of our tv a while back and it's amazing how different life can be with out all the advertising bombarding you.

PinkHoodie~ When I started out I was in an 18W in the plus size stores. What always used to drive me crazy was the sleeves were too long on everything. Manufacturers must think larger women have monkey arms. 3/4 length sleeves would look like a regular shirt that was a bit too short in the arms.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 08:02 PM   #42  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

S/C/G: 240/Ticker/150 Ultimate Goal

Height: 5' 3"

I know! Me too....how annoying. Lane Bryant has cute stuff, but I never can justify spending 50 bucks on one shirt. Hopefully I will get down soon enough though where I can get into the cuter things!
PinkHoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 08:18 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/130

Height: 5 ft.

Just a quickie,

on the run here, and going out the door again.
but... I wanted to wish Zenor a Happy Birthday for Tomorrow!

Last edited by littlered; 07-05-2007 at 09:35 AM.
littlered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 09:44 PM   #44  
Back to make it to goal!

Location: Seattle, but an Original CA girl! I miss the sunny days!

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/140-135?

Hello everyone! Happy 4th of July. I have a couple of minutes. Wooo I'm tired.
I have been cooking all day. I don't know if I will be able to squeeze in a workout later. LOL!

Jcogs- Hang in there pretty soon those jeans will be falling off of you. Keep doing what you're doing!

CoolMom- You're doing great! I just love your baby's pic!! So adorable!!

Zenor- I hope you have a wonderful time at the fireworks show.

Rusty- though the question has been answered, I personally celebrate it more because my it's my parent's anniversary!

Petra- LOL Old Navy makes me feel thinner too!! Especially the LG tiny fit shirts!

Jaceycat- I used to only weigh myself once a week, but now have been weighing myself once a day, in the a.m., after I have gone to the bathroom, like Zenor, naked too. I like to see my progress on a daily basis it has helped me tremendously.

LittleRed- Hi!!!!

I think I may go to bed earlier tonight! I gotta go to work tomorrow, I think there is only a small percentage of us who has to be back tomorrow. LOL
Tinky009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 09:53 PM   #45  
Megan

S/C/G: 200/138/133

Height: 5'5"

hey everyone, i want to join this group because i've started hardcore calorie counting a few weeks ago. i lost my weight initially pretty loosely counting calories and exercising a lot, but recently have gone up a bit, so now i'm really paying strict attention, trying to get the 10 lbs off that i've gained, plus try for a few more... need to update my signature, but my maintenance weight was 138-140, now i am 148 (26yearsold, 5'5), and ultimately the goal will be to maintain at 130-135. i aim for 1300-1400 cals a day right now. my high weight is somewhere around 200lbs, and though that was quite awhile ago, every single day is definitely a huge struggle.

anyywhooo, fourth of july went ok - don't ask why (because i dont know, either, lol), but we had pierogies, stuffed cabbage, steak and kielbasa... i did fine, just tasted basically. cals today clocking around 1200 but i didnt exercise - i think i am likely daily plate better than fitday, daily plate seems to have more items in the inventory, or is it just me?

anyway, i look forward to getting to know ya'll!
NYCT1981 is offline   Reply With Quote