Old 01-05-2010, 07:38 AM   #61  

chewysmom...so sorry you have been sick and I hope your kiddos dont get it!

Everybody here has a good plan to follow! We should all do great this year!

I'm really glad to have found 3FC and this BL challenge to help me and encourage me this year! It was just what I needed!
Old 01-05-2010, 08:35 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 153/148/140

Height: 5'7

Today I did Insanity Day 2 workout. It's really hard, I had to stop a few times to catch my breath. But afterwards it felt great. I'm free from work today, catching up with housecleaning,, will take a walk later to the store and fill up my fruitstorage Over all feeling good.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:06 AM   #63  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

S/C/G: Year 2010: 149.8/145/130

Height: 5'6"

it's friggin' cold here this morning?! Plan to wait to do our errands till it warms up outside....
I'm up a pound from yesterday...I'd blame the pizza last night. lol even though i burned over half those calories eaten during my last two workouts after dinner....oh well - will do better today. have to get to the store for food and stuff today.....need to restock healthy - have been eating what's in the kitchen.....

i went to bed by 2am and was up at 650am - so i'm tired....but i slept like a rock - and am sore today....plan to buy some icy hot patches for my back (since i can't reach it and have no one here to rub the lotion version on me).....oh well....just a couple more weeks and hubby is home! All the sore muscles and workouts will be worth it if i just stick to it to make a great homecoming
Old 01-05-2010, 09:39 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 180/179.2/130one day

Height: 5.1.5

Yesterday was a good day for me ..... I star doing my exercise again little but at least something. I will try to do a little be more today.

have a great day everyone.....

Last edited by Tuca125; 01-05-2010 at 09:40 AM.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:23 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Wow- chatty bunch & it seems like everyone has gotten off to a great start

Quote:
What got you started on your weight loss journey? Was there a "lightbulb moment" when you knew you needed to make changes to your lifestyle?
I've been overweight most of my life- I'd become complacent with it- not actively trying to do anything about it. Last January I just set my mind to start this life-style change, rather than just a 'quick fix'. I don't want my kids to 'suffer' with teasing/bullying for being overweight. And they've been blunt about my weight asking why I'm so big when dh is so skinny.

I had a good day yesterday- bringing my lunch into work helps me stay away from the food court and be healthy and had a good walk with the dog last night. Today- last day off before kids go back to school tomorrow, so we may run errands if the snow ever ends.
Have a great day all!
Old 01-05-2010, 10:57 AM   #66  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

it's 32 outside....so i'm staying in to be warm....lol but will have to ventured out before getting DD from school. have to buy groceries (and TP and dog food)....and go pay for the kids' gymnastics classes today. DS has class Thur and DD has class on Sat - so I can't delay much longer....they have to be paid before class starts back for the month.
I still need to put together DS's train table/train set he got for Christmas...its still in the box downstairs (its too heavy to take the box upstairs, so will have to be taken up a few pieces at a time).....may do that today or tomorrow while its cold out.
have plenty to do this week....but its hard getting back into a routine after being on break for 2 weeks....want to call to set up childcare for DS to go use some of his free hours before hubby gets here.....will give him a chance to play with teh kids his age and me time to do damage control here (i mean clean the house...lol) before hubby arrives. 2 weeks of having family staying with us and both kids being home 24/7 wrecked my house. LOL not to mention all the kids new toys/gifts....lol
Old 01-05-2010, 11:00 AM   #67  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

I'm up half a pound today which is partly due to cookies yesterday and partly some retention from ST'ing because my muscles are SORE. That's awesome, so I know my new routine is woking. Today will be much better. My exercise is done, myfood is planned and I'm too busy to mess it up. LOL
Old 01-05-2010, 11:45 AM   #68  

S/C/G: Check My Ticker! :D

Ok, I've been on this site for quite some time and I've always noticed people putting 'dh' and 'dd' and stuff when talking about their family members. What in the world does this mean?!

I am in no way new to forum sites (been an active member of one youthink.com for over 6 years!), and I've never seen this outside of 3fc. What's the deal?

Also, I watched my Jillian dvd last night to get an idea of what I would be doing, and I'm so excited! Honestly, it seems pretty easy, especially with my athletic background. No matter how big I get, I still seem to do well when it comes to exercising.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:48 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 294/230/168

Height: 5"6

Hi ladies, I have loved reading about all the things that made you want to start your weight loss journey. Thanks for sharing.

Olive - I loved your post about the advantages of losing weight.

Here is what I want to achieve from this journey and what I firmly believe it will bring. (These keep me strong when the going gets tough)

1) I want to have a healthy, strong, flexible and toned body. I want to treat the body I have been given properly. It is precious and I am blessed that it is in full working order. I wouldn’t put the wrong kind of petrol in my car, so I can’t continue to always put the “wrong” types of food in my body.

2) I want to make peace with myself about my weight issues - I no longer want my weight to control my feelings about myself and thereby influence my actions and habits. I think this journey will help me overcome the limiting beliefs I have about myself and my life. It will improve my mental well-being and state of mind. I want to reach an understanding of how emotional issues may have contributed to my weight gain and to tackle these underlying causes.

3) I want to alleviate the symptoms of Polycycstic Ovarian Syndrome which get me down and make me feel less feminine. Losing weight will help me increase my opportunity to conceive in future

4) I want to feel feminine, sexy and confident and dress in nice clothes - I want to feel more attractive! I want to walk into a shop, see a gorgeous outfit and know they will have it in a size that fits me and I will wear it in a way that turns heads! I want to receive compliments - that feeling is better than any chocolate bar or Big Mac any day! i want to look good in photographs

5) I want to set a good example for my niece and nephew

6) I want to make my family proud of me. I no longer want to feel like the inferior, abnormal one (my own perceptions, not theirs!)

7) I want to have increased energy and confidence to allow me to fulfill my dreams and ambitions. I want to stop using my weight as to protect me from fully embracing life and all it has to offer. I will no longer feel negative, lethargic and sluggish. I will feel in greater control of my life and I will move on from all the hurts and disappointments of my past. The world is my oyster!

Does anyone else want to share what they want from weight loss?
Old 01-05-2010, 01:12 PM   #70  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by redreine View Post
Ok, I've been on this site for quite some time and I've always noticed people putting 'dh' and 'dd' and stuff when talking about their family members. What in the world does this mean?!

I am in no way new to forum sites (been an active member of one youthink.com for over 6 years!), and I've never seen this outside of 3fc. What's the deal?
DH = dear husband/darling husband
DD = dear daughter/darling daughter
DS = dear son/darling son
SO = significant other
MIL, BIL, SIL, FIL = Mother/Brother/Sister/Father In Law, etc

etc, etc....
Old 01-05-2010, 01:27 PM   #71  

of course DH could always stand for darn husband hehehe j/k
Old 01-05-2010, 01:42 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 225/223/150

Height: 5'5''

Hi everyone I'm sure ready for this challenge. I'm looking forward to talking to so many of you on line. I guess my light bulb moment was a health moment. I'm struggling with arthritis in my knees; I just know taking some of this weight off will help me move better.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:07 PM   #73  
Short dresses here I come

S/C/G: 157/122/130

Height: 5ft6

Does anyone else want to share what they want from weight loss?

Well, there are a few things I'd like from mine! (Most of which are pretty vain, but I'm only seventeen, so yano...)

1) A little more confidence when I'm on my own My source of confidence are my friends, but when I'm alone, I'm normally shy and very reserved, I think that if I looked better, I'd feel better!

2) The accomplishment Knowing that if I can do this, then I can do everything I want to complete!

3) Being able to wear a hot, short, reasonably sparkly dress for my eighteenth Hahahaha, I've never had the body to wear really nice, relatively short dresses I'm not really the type, but I wanna try it!

4) Just to be healthy I just want to be in shape, so that my weight doesnt stop me from things when I'm older.

5) And finally (This is really petty) my mother has alot of fun calling me fat, because of the weight I've lost and am losing now, I'll probably be less than her in about two weeks. I want her to just slip up, call me fat again, so I can just laugh at her
Old 01-05-2010, 02:13 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/150

Well, so far, so good. I'm feeling better, thanks to Mucinex D. (I love that stuff! ) I got a little crazy w/ food at lunch b/c I think my blood sugar dropped, but I'm not going to let it ruin my day. I just went outside to feed the animals, and it feels warm enough (30's maybe) for a walk. I think dd (dear daughter) and I will take a walk in a little bit. We live 0.7 miles off the road, so it's great to walk down and get the mail.

MissVitality, I love your questions. I want to lose weight so
1) I can feel better. I have fibromyalgia, and while I know it won't go away just b/c I lose weight, I *know* I'll feel better if I do lose the weight.
2) I want to work on my self esteem.
3)I'd love to be able to go into a store to buy clothes. I order most of my stuff online, and it stinks.
4)I want to be able to play w/ my kids!
5)I want to set a good example for my kids, and be around for grandkids/great grandkids.

Hope everyone is having a good day!
Old 01-05-2010, 02:54 PM   #75  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

So far so good... Sorry I'm not doing personals this week... I'm just feeling a little stretched thin... Psyched for the new season premiere tonight!!!