Old 03-09-2009, 02:16 AM   #91  
Joggernaut

S/C/G: 172/165

Height: 5'2

Sorry about your grandfather, aangel!

I love these getting to know each other things. You are all such interesting people.

MonteCristo, a walking vacation in Scotland! Jealous! I was there last year, just in Edinburgh. I'd love to see the rest of the country, and Ireland.

MissV - yeah, I do suffer from homesickness, but I guess I experience the opposite when I'm home--wanderlust? I'm always planning the next place to go...

Speaking of, I have 6 months left in Korea and I was planning out some big and little out-of-town trips to take--they are not until July! And I also counted how many working weeks I have left of school--19! Ugh, I wish I hadn't counted. In a way, it made me feel worse to plan out fun things to do--they are all on the weekends. Makes me not want to go to work.

God, I was so far off on eating this weekend. I drank Saturday night for the first time in awhile--600 calories just from drinking! I didn't even count what I ate on Sunday... I knew it was bad. My weight is only like 1 lb less than the first of the year. That's disappointing.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:01 AM   #92  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

aangel - My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time.

RangerChic - I'm coming to get you. What can I say I'm VERY competitive.

Today was my weigh-in/picture day and I could hardly believe my eyes, I am down 4.4 lbs. for the week. In addition to now running a 5K on M-W-F I did lower my calories from 1500 to between 1300-1400.

My plan/goal has been to lose @ 2lbs per week but I was only reaching that goal every other week so I decided it was time to lower my calories and bam, a 4+lb. loss. Now I'm torn; should I increase my calories back to the 1500 or wait a couple weeks and see what happens?

Here is a new question.... what is your basic "plan" and if you count calories how many are you eating a day?

I count calories (1300-1400) and try to eat a lean protein with EVERY meal/snack. In addition I TRY to keep my numbers at 30% fat, 35% carbs, & 35% protein.

edited to add:
After looking at my numbers since starting the BL challenge I decided to go back to the 1500. Although I may not be losing 2 lbs. per week it has been averaging out.

Last edited by CruiseCAT; 03-09-2009 at 08:08 AM.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:54 AM   #93  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

GETTING TO KNOW YOU – PART 2

1. Do you have any pets? We have six cats--three outdoor (Gracie, Lucy and Simon Yowell) and three indoor (Sabrina, Tinker and Rocko)

2. What countries have you visited? I've been to Mexico, Canada, England and Wales

3. What are your favourite smells? Hmmm....anything sweet that is baking, babies heads, wild honeysuckle, fresh cut grass, my man's cologne!

4. What age are you (if you want to share) and what is your star sign? I am (nearly) 44 and an Aries.

5. List at least five things you are proud to have achieved so far in life.
1. Having the b*lls to start over on my own
2. Buying my first car on my own
3. Achieving a high state office within my volunteer organization
4. Paying off my credit cards!
5. Having the b*lls to go back to college and totally change careers at (nearly) 44!

Edited to add: Good morning!!

Last edited by Jen415; 03-09-2009 at 08:56 AM. Reason: 'Cuz I was rude and didn't say good morning!
Old 03-09-2009, 08:59 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

Got my weight registered for the week. Not much of a loss but with almost 4lbs last week, not a surprise, plus I really enjoyed some bad food this weekend...LOL I have went from a tight sz 14 to a loose sz 10 since my WL journey started. I am so excited, I am so close to my dream of a size 8, maybe even a 6.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:08 AM   #95  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

1. Do you have any pets? Tell us about them!
I have two birds, a budgie and a lovebird. The lovebird's name is Indy and the parakeet's name is Angel.

2. What countries have you visited? Which did you enjoy most?
Well, I visited the Bahamas when I was in high school with my parents. Other than that, nothing else yet.

3. What are your favourite smells?
I love vanilla a lot. Also, the smell of roses is very sweet and refreshing.

4. What age are you (if you want to share) and what is your star sign?
I am 30 years-old and a Taurus.

1 - Becoming a published writer.
2 - Moving and living in a different state than any of my family. It only lasted for 6 months, but it was quite the learning and life experience for me.
3 - Losing weight. I am so proud that I am not only losing weight, but healthier than I think I've ever been in my life.
4 - Going to school for photography and learning that I have a great talent as not just a writer, but a photographer as well.
5 - TBA. I aspire to meet someone special and be happy in a romantic way, so when that happens, it will be a big one for me. Never had that feeling in my life as of yet.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:24 AM   #96  

1. Do you have any pets? I have a dachshund named Gidget,I also had a Great dane mix named Sophie but she lives with our neighbor now.

2. What countries have you visited? None. I have never been on a ship or a plane. I could drive to Mexico or Canada, but never have done that either

3. What are your favorite smells? Food.

4. What age are you (if you want to share) and what is your star sign?
I am 33 years-old and a Taurus.

1 - My greatly increased Faith and growing relationship with Christ
2 -Having a great marriage and 3 pretty terrific Kids, I never wanted marriage or children...lol
3 - Learning to ride a motorcycle
4 - Learning to do things on my own when my husband goes on deployment.

5 -

Last edited by willow650; 03-09-2009 at 11:40 AM.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:26 AM   #97  
Starting Over...

S/C/G: 256/ticker/156

Height: 5' 9"

*I finally did Part 1!*

Part 1

1. If you could be any character in a film, who would you be and why?

That is a hard one... The one that sticks out is Sabrina, the Audrey Hepburn version. I love Audrey Hepburn though, so really any of the characters she played are pretty nice.

2. What book are you reading at the moment?

Nothing really at the moment. I have barely any time to read. I was reading Twilight though a few weeks ago...still trying to finish it.

3. What is your favourite type of music - bands/singers etc?

The Fray, Rhianna, Rebecca St. James, Audio Adrenaline, POD, Beyonce, Kanye West, Kelly Clarkson, etc.

4. What is your favourite way of pampering yourself?

Hmm...I don't really get to pamper myself. I do have some facial stuff that I haven't used for months. Maybe I ought to do that one of these days, when my boys give me some spare time.

5. What are you scared of?
losing people I love
Old 03-09-2009, 02:10 PM   #98  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Sorry about your grandfather aangel

My basic plan is this.
Calories...between 1200 and 1400 generally
Fat 30 to 35 grams
Carbs 180 to 210
There can be times I go over on the calories but not generally. I pretty much stick to this eating plan. i Do walking/aerobic videos 5 days a week 4 to 6 miles each day and twice a week I do some kind of resistance training for at least 40 min.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 03-10-2009 at 09:59 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:30 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Hi Everyone! Sorry I haven't been posting lately, but you know.......I didn't lose any weight this week ( ), even though based on my calculations I should have had a 1.8 lb loss. But this week I am going to be super careful (no more JABs), and see if I can't pull out another good week before evil TOM strikes!
Old 03-09-2009, 04:04 PM   #100  
Be the change

aangel - Your family is in my prayers!

what is your basic "plan" and if you count calories how many are you eating a day?

I count calories. My basic plan is to eat between 1400-1500 calories a day. It has served me well since the beginning of the year. I haven't lost any weight (& gained a bit) for the last two weeks. But I'm not surprised. I think my metabolism was messed with a bit when I was sick for two weeks and not able to eat much.

Ideally, I'd like to keep my calories balanced: 30% Fat, 35% Protein, 35% Carbs. But I'm not very good at keeping balanced.

My exercise plan is to walk almost every day and play wii (& hike with my family). I'd like to do more strength training too. My exercise plan was off for three weeks due to sickness and injury, but I'm getting back on track now.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:35 PM   #101  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiseCAT View Post
I just got done watching this weeks Biggest Loser (TiVo) and they were talking about the game continuing for another nine weeks.

Did I miss something? Is there really nine weeks left? What about our challenge; five weeks or nine left? I'm in for the duration of the show if everyone else it up to it.
Cakses - Will our challenge continue as long as the show is on? Does anyone know when the finale of Season 7 is?
Old 03-09-2009, 07:41 PM   #102  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

I am never sure what I should actually be eating. Jillian has written, stick to 1400 calories, workout and you will lose weight, eventually. I stick to 1400 most days. Some days I don't get up there but I hardly ever go over. I workout basically everyday, but miss about one day a month.

Maybe that will help explain my frustration when the scale takes it's wild swings up and down. Also, the fact remains that I only lose 2-3 pounds/month. Go figure. If anybody has any ideas I 'd love to hear them. Lord knows I haven't figured it out. Being 48 and nearing menopause probably has something to do with it. Anybody have experience with that?

TOM is finally passing through, so there may be light at the end of the tunnel. Today the scale said 196. I need it to keep going down, the lower the better. Cause we all know it will bounce back up in a few weeks.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:44 AM   #103  
Tanya

S/C/G: 262/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Wow...you guys have been very chatty this weekend...It took me a while to catch up on all the posts!! Awesome!

Montecristo I am so jealous...a walking vacation sounds like so much fun. I must put that on my 'things to do now that I'm healthier' list

Aangel so sorry to hear about your grandfather, prays for you grandmother

Barb congrats on your weightloss so far...100 lbs is right around the corner....how awesome

Ashmomma congrats on 22 lbs...way to go

I don't really have a set workout time. I work a weekend schedule so I work fri, sat, sun for 3 weekends out of 4 (12 hour shifts). That means I'm off Mon-Thur so my workout times vary each day depending on what else is going on. This past week I set a goal to work out everyday (I don't usually wo when I have to work). I almost made it except I forgot to move my alarm clock ahead for daylight savings!!! So I got up, put on my wo clothes and was just about to go downstairs to wo when I caught a glimpse of time on the tv cable box and realized it was an hour later than I thought!! Oh well, I made 6 out of 7 days!! LOL.

Meal plan I have recently switched from ww to cal counting. I usually do 1500 cals a day. This week my goal was to have cal deficit of 1000 cals a day and see if that really translated into 2 lb weight loss. I monitor cals burned with the bodybugg, had -1000 cals per day and lost exactly 2lbs!!! Sweet!!

Good luck to all on weigh in this week!
Old 03-10-2009, 11:26 PM   #104  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Crap!

I had a perfectly nice entry typed and stupid internet wouldn't send it!

Oh well!

My friend Kittie arrived Sunday for her Spring Break. The last two days have been a real orgy of eating, with her wanting to cook for me and me wanting to take her out to at least one authentic Mexican restaurant. But it is over and done with. TOM is gone and so is most of our money. So back on plan tomorrow. Thursday, I shall face the music (and the scale! ) like a woman.

As for my eating plan: when I'm doing good, I usually stick with my SP calorie range (1208 - 1630). I intuitive eat but I always log.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:33 AM   #105  

Everyone, We Have A New Chat Thread