Old 03-09-2009, 11:43 PM   #1  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

Default "Party Like It's 2009" Red Team Chat 3/9 to 3/15

Sorry I forgot to throw this up this morning!
Old 03-10-2009, 02:10 AM   #2  
Becoming Less Fluffy

S/C/G: Then: 286 / Now: Ticker

Height: 5'4"

Default From many pages ago . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissVitality View Post
Sonja – Glad you enjoyed your cruise – did you get any belly dancing in? Well done for the snorkelling – sounds like you are conquering that fear of drowning! I do like a good Patricia Cornwell book but I haven’t read either of those two – yet!
Lisa: Thanks about the snorkeling. I did not do any belly dancing, but I was listening to "Orinoco Flow" by Enya one night as I was falling asleep, and I swear I could feel myself doing belly dance moves to it as I was drifting off. I think that means I should choreograph a solo to that song for myself. I love Cornwell's series about Dr. Kay Scarpetta, but I would not advise reading "At Risk." It really wasn't that great. It wasn't as intellectual as the Doc's series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbake View Post
I love Ella too! She's amazing.
jlbake: I've been listening to the "Singers and Standards" channel on Comcast. They play Ella often, but I'm also discovering Peggy Lee and Nancy Wilson. Do you listen to big band, too? I sometimes think I was born in the wrong era.

CruiseCAT: what was your favorite cruise? And, which is your favorite cruise line? Most repeat cruisers had lots to say about Carnival, and very little of it was positive.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:17 AM   #3  
Becoming Less Fluffy

Default A Few More Oldies . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSap View Post
Fluffy Chick I'm with you on the cruise weight gain. I came back weighing 8 lbs more . . .
Quote:
1. If you could be any character in a film, who would you be and why? hmmm some female superhero or someone in Harry Potter who is really good at spells!!!
Quote:
Wow, I am having so much trouble with my avatar/pic. It took me forever to get it to show up at all, then it showed up as avatar and in signature. Now I finally got it off signature line but it is still identified there. What the heck.
Tanya: Same Carnival food here. I tried to eat a salad everyday, but lettuce, carrots and broccoli can only hold your interest for so long. *TMI Alert* I think all of that eating causes a lot more than just water gain.

Oh, and I forgot all about the Harry Potter characters. Um, any Gryffindor would be acceptable.

RE: your sig, look for this - [SIGPIC]_ - right before your ticker and delete it. That oughta do the trick. Ooh, and I love the penguin! Took me forever to figure out what it was and what it was doing.

Last edited by One Fluffy Chick; 03-10-2009 at 03:07 AM.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:44 AM   #4  
Becoming Less Fluffy

Default Getting To Know You – Part 2

1. Do you have any pets? Tell us about them! Sadly, I am pet-less. My last pet, Shiver, a Chihuahua died last April. As soon as I move to a place where I can have pets again, I'll be heading to the humane society for a new dog. Hoping for a pair of older brothers, as I have no puppy patience. CruiseCAT: Love your twinkie pup surrounded by brindles picture. Nice pack!

2. What countries have you visited? Which did you enjoy most? Mexico (for a millisecond); Cayman Island; Jamaica (like y'all didn't know). Grand Cayman was the best simply because I snorkeled and tackled a fear. On my bucket list: Scotland, Ireland, Italy, England, (more of) Mexico, Spain, Brazil, Greece - um, everywhere

3. What are your favourite smells? When it rains / snows, oranges, limes, amber, bergamot, freesia, my mom's cooking (pot roast, chicken and dumplings, sweet potato pie)

4. What age are you and what is your star sign? 40, Sagittarius / Earth Monkey (Chinese zodiac). Poster child for both some days.

5. List at least five things you are proud to have achieved so far in life.
1. Being a good sister / daughter (rough family history)
2. Eliminating 6 credit cards, and paying 2/3 of #7 off. Another year or less, and I'll be credit card debt free
3. Achieving self-sufficiency and self-reliability
4. Getting manager / supervisor positions at a young age
5. Of always being myself and not succumbing to peer pressure or conforming to someone else's ideals of who I should be

Last edited by One Fluffy Chick; 03-10-2009 at 03:08 AM.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:12 AM   #5  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

Hi all, just a quick drive by before work to say results are up! Congrats to our biggest losers ASHmomma, CruiseCAT and aangel22!!!!!!
Old 03-10-2009, 12:00 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Congrats to our biggest losers! Wow! We really kicked butt this week!!
Old 03-10-2009, 01:45 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

WOW ASHmomma, how did you drop 7lbs??
Old 03-10-2009, 02:53 PM   #8  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

I would like to know that too, Willow! ASHmomma, you rock!

And well done CruiseCAT and aangel!!
Old 03-10-2009, 03:50 PM   #9  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

Cakses - Will our challenge continue as long as the show is on? I read that the finale will be May 12th.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:56 PM   #10  
Focused - Go RED!!

S/C/G: 248/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

Well, to all of us - CruiseCAT and aangel !! We're rockin it out!! I predict we're taking it every week from now on! Who's with me?

I wasn't loosing anything & I wasn't really feeling to good about going back up to 229. It's super boring but for breakfast & lunch I'm only eating honeydew melon & oatmeal & drinking V-8 with both meals. Then for dinner I was only eating grilled chicken & steamed veggies. I had to cut back on food intake because of my ankle & not being able to work out much. Oh and a little bit of as well!!!

I only managed to get 2 workouts in last week. I'm hoping I can keep up the momentum this week. So far I've been able to bump my workouts to 60 mins on the eliptical & 40 mins strength training. I'm not stickin to the grilled chicken & veggies as much for dinner though! I need some extra flavor.

Oh the taste of the 210's would be pretty sweet though!
Old 03-10-2009, 06:59 PM   #11  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Fluffy Chick View Post
Lisa:

CruiseCAT: what was your favorite cruise? And, which is your favorite cruise line? Most repeat cruisers had lots to say about Carnival, and very little of it was positive.

I am not loyal to any one cruise line; each has good and bad. I'm a firm believer that a cruise (or any vacation) is what you make it. I've had some very interesting cruises but never a "bad" one. Carnival developed a bad reputation back in the 80's & 90's that is still with them today; mostly spread by people who have never cruised with Carnival.

My favorite cruise would have to be our millennium cruise on Carnival's Fascination. At the time people were afraid to travel, especially out of the county and San Juan was the port of embarkation. We paid $712 (including air) per person six weeks before the 11 night Panama Canal cruise. Talk about a great way to ring in the new millennium. Each night a gift was left on our bed; including luggage, hats, shirts, and a Perrier Jouet champagne gift set (that I sold on e-bay for $200). In addition to an open bar at the previous cruiser party they had two other parties with open bar; New Year's Eve it ran from 8pm - 2am. Hot tubs where filled with ice and packed with bottles of champagne. The ports were awesome; and included one of my favorites Aruba.

Some of my other favorite ports are; Costa Maya, St. Lucia, Antigua, and Guadalupe. I also love St. Thomas even though it is VERY commercial. I hate shopping but you can get some good deals and your alcohol duty is six bottles. Coki Beach is on St. Thomas and is a very nice beach; nicer than Megan's Bay with fewer people.

Sorry, you got me started on one of my passions.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:20 PM   #12  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

I thought I had posted yesterday. Guess not. No cruises for me, no vacations for me. My life is so boring. I am holding on here, doing my thing everyday. My "thing" is not working so well. I have hovered in the 195-200 range now forever. I was hoping for a pre-TOM whoosh. But, nothing yet.

Congrats to the losers. I would so much like to join you. Wish I knew how to get there. Eating is on plan and worked out for 52 min. with Jillian. What more can I do?
Old 03-10-2009, 08:45 PM   #13  
Focused - Go RED!!

S/C/G: 248/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

I've ALWAYS wanted to go on a cruise. My mom gets to go on her first in less than a month with her sister. She's so excited! I've been wanting to take my kids on a disney cruise for years now. One day.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:48 PM   #14  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Ugh, I have a crappy cold. It was a delayed one in that a lot of times after conventions, myself and many creators/guests get sick. This time, I thought I'd escaped that, but not so lucky. My fellow friend creators are also sick, getting the sniffles and all about the same time as I did, the end of last week (Fri night/Sat am). Anyway, I worked out yesterday, but felt so congested and sneezy today that I didn't work out. Going to try to pop in a BL dvd tomorrow though and do some working out. I can't stand missing my workouts. Last week was bad enough with my energy level being down, so hopefully, I can get things going better again.

Congrats to our biggest losers!
Old 03-10-2009, 11:31 PM   #15  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Shoot, I didn't see the new thread!

Congrats to our biggest losers this week!

My friend Kittie arrived Sunday for her Spring Break. The last two days have been a real orgy of eating, with her wanting to cook for me and me wanting to take her out to at least one authentic Mexican restaurant. But it is over and done with. TOM is gone and so is most of our money. So back on plan tomorrow. Thursday, I shall face the music (and the scale! ) like a woman.