Old 03-06-2009, 09:32 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

GETTING TO KNOW YOU – PART 2
1. Do you have any pets? Tell us about them! I don't have any pets of my own, but my family has a Keeshonden named Toby and a cat named Hootie. I'm not an animal person, so Toby gets on my nerves, as he is an inside dog. Hootie doesn't bother me so much, but then he is always outside, and is pretty standoffish (duh!), while Toby will crawl right up in your lap if you don't watch him.

2. What countries have you visited? Which did you enjoy most? I've been to Canada (Toronto) which I hated. I'm sure in general it is a perfectly fine country, but my experience was not good. The traffic and the food was horrible. I've also visited Germany (with a quick foray into Austria,) and absolutely loved it! I think I could totally live there. This summer I'm taking a walking vacation across the Highlands. I love travel, and I think that now while I'm single (and with money to burn) that I should experience as much as I can.

3. What are your favourite smells? Let's see.......Cinnamon, Fresh bread, baking ham, rain, Moonlight path bath and body works lotion....I'm sure I could think of tons more!

4. What age are you (if you want to share) and what is your star sign? I am 23, and a Scorpio.

5. List at least five things you are proud to have achieved so far in life.
1. Graduating with my B.S in Accounting. I was the first person on my Dad's side of the family ever to get a college degree, and I'm really proud of the fact that I made it through.
2. Learning to play the piano. Okay, so this was mostly my parents doing at first, but I stuck to it from the time I was 7 until my senior year of college. I played for various churches for years, performed in countless competitions, and have the ability to simply sit down and play for my own enjoyment.
3. Playing the violin. I don't do this much anymore, but it was an invaluable experience. I've played weddings (horribly stressful, and not at all fun, but a great learning experience) & funerals, plus performed in a great many group performances.
4. Becoming friends with my parents. That may sound silly, but I know many people have a difficult time in their relationship with their parents as they transition from child to adult. Mine was amazingly smooth, I'm sure due mostly to my parents, but hey, I can be proud of them too!
5. The progress I have made in the last 16 month toward becoming the healthy and fit person I have always wanted to be. Sometimes it is hard, sometimes easy, but I stick to it, and I've seen amazing results. Go Me!!

Last edited by MonteCristo; 03-06-2009 at 09:33 AM.
Old 03-06-2009, 12:04 PM   #62  
BELIEVE!

Hi Everyone! Happy Friday! I am certainly not able to get here as much as I'd like, but I'm trying to keep up. My oldest son (3.5 yo) was sick all week...just got him back to daycare today and then my youngest (2yo) got sick...I'm not getting much of a break or getting much work done.

I'm still on plan and chugging along. I will never give up...even when I hit bumps in the road. I feel too good! I lost 2.4 more this week for a total of 97.4. I can't wait to hit that 100 pound mark. Hopefully I'll see that (and a new decade) in the next 1-2 weeks!

I haven't done part one, but here's part 2...

1. Do you have any pets? Tell us about them!
Three dogs. Ugh. The oldest is a beagle/terrier mix we got 14 years ago. She was our first pet after we were married. She's a total pita. Constantly stealing food from the kids and not listening to a thing. We know we screwed up training her. The 2nd oldest is a mutt we adopted from the pound. She's 13 years old and not in the greatest health but sweet as can be. The "baby" is a 5 yo chihuahua. When we were trying to have children we apparently felt the need to nuture something and got a puppy. The kids love her...as do I, but dang...potty issues are horrible!

2. What countries have you visited? Which did you enjoy most? I was born in Portugal but have no recollection of it. I hope to visit there one day. We've taken several cruises and been to: Canada, Belize, Caymen Islands, Mexico, Virgin Islands... The most important place in our hearts is Guatemala. Both of our sons are adopted from Guat. We traveled there twice - to bring each of them home. I hope one day to return to do volunteer work as well as travel there with the boys when they are old enough to understand and appreciate their birth country.

3. What are your favourite smells?
Freshly bathed children, vanilla, pumpkin, gingerbread, roses, lavender...oh gosh...there are so many.

4. What age are you (if you want to share) and what is your star sign? 38 - Gemini

~ I am the proud mom of two amazing boys!
~ Losing nearly 100 pounds (so far)!
~ Having a wonderful relationship with my family and many friends!
~ Managing to juggle a fulltime job, 2 kids, 3 dogs, 1 husband and find time to take care of me!
~ Being well respected at my job of 11 years.
(Great question...really makes you think about your life).

Old 03-06-2009, 12:27 PM   #63  
Focused - Go RED!!

S/C/G: 248/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

Well I will get to the getting to know you part but first I wanted to report on my weigh-in a the gym.

222!!! I'm down to 222! YEAH!!!

More later...
Old 03-06-2009, 01:44 PM   #64  
Day Dream Believer

S/C/G: 157.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'3''

Default Getting to Know You Part 1

1. If you could be any character in a film, who would you be and why?
Not really sure how to answer this one...I love movies...but I really prefer my own life.

2. What book are you reading at the moment? A Book Called "The World is Flat"...it's about globalization.

3. What is your favourite type of music - bands/singers etc?
I like artists from all different genres depending on my mood. I definitely tend toward folk music though. Some of my favorite artists are: Joe Purdy, Patti Griffin, The Dave Matthews Band, The Killers, Ben Harper, Regina Spektor, The Decemberists...the list really goes on and on...

4. What is your favourite way of pampering yourself?
Extra Sleep

5. What are you scared of?What I don't know or can't understand

Last edited by Hungry4AChange; 03-06-2009 at 01:45 PM.
Old 03-06-2009, 01:47 PM   #65  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

1. Do you have any pets? Tell us about them! We have five dogs (The Brindle Pack) and Aruba the cat. All are from rescue. Tucker is our dane/lab mix with major health issues (epilepsy, bi-lateral hip dysplasia, and allergies), Tyra the Dane is the princess of the pack, Scooter is our australian sheppard mix who is bi-polar, Luke another mix also has neurological issues started as vistibular's but never returned to normal, and last is our non brindle pup Hogan; a yellow lab. He is one of eight orphaned pups I fostered last year. I had no desire to have a 5th dog but Mack wanted to keep Hogan and I couldn't say no.

2. What countries have you visited? Which did you enjoy most? Mexico, Canada, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Holland, and about 20 island countries in the caribbean. I love to cruise and enjoy ports that are not commercial; the more remote the better.

3. What are your favourite smells? Count me in for the fresh baked bread, apple pie, cinnamon, pina colada, and fresh cut grass. I also love the smell of the mountains on a cold morning.

4. What age are you (if you want to share) and what is your star sign? I am 44, Leo.

5. List at least five things you are proud to have achieved so far in life. Raising my son to adulthood, raising a gentleman, my volunteer work with rescue, other than our house living debt free, not my achievement but I am very proud to be Noah's mema.

Last edited by CruiseCAT; 03-06-2009 at 01:48 PM.
Old 03-06-2009, 01:57 PM   #66  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

I tried to post a picture of the pack but got an error.

Hope this works:
Old 03-06-2009, 02:09 PM   #67  
Day Dream Believer

S/C/G: 157.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'3''

Default Getting to Know You Part 2

1. Do you have any pets?
Nope, had my brothers little Jack Russel/Blue Healer mix with me for about 6 months but had to give him back a while ago.

2. What countries have you visited? Which did you enjoy most?
USA(home), Canada, Mexico, Bolivia, India, Italy, Cambodia, Thailand and Vietnam.

I think I enjoyed Cambodia the most...It may have just been that this was a better trip for me though.

3. What are your favourite smells? Forest, rain, puppy breath, daffodils, lilacs, honeysuckle, campfire, fresh bread...many more too!

4. What age are you (if you want to share) and what is your star sign?
26 and not a fan of astrology.

-Running a half-marathon
-losing 90 lbs
-traveling to 4 of the 7 continents
-graduating from college
-nearly climbing a 14,500 ft. Mt.
Old 03-06-2009, 03:35 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 294/230/168

Height: 5"6

Aangel and BarbPa - please do Part 1 when you get a chance - we have had some really interesting answers so far. Good to hear from you both!

Aangel - I am also over-sensitive and can't seem to change it but I'm working on it! Only last week, a friend and co-worker told me I really need to develop a thicker skin and let issues at work wash over me rather than getting upset. Easier said than done but I'm making an effort. I hope the citalopram helps you - keep posting and let us know how you are getting on.

MonteCristo - making friends with your parents as a proud achievement doesn't sound silly at all. My dad left us when I was ten years old and although there has always been regular contact, I let it affect me for many years. A few years ago, I kind of came to understand that my attitude to it was hurting me so I forgave him and let it go. Our relationship is much improved. Is your walking vacation to the Scottish highlands???

BarbPa - what a wonderful thing you have done in adopting the two boys - I hope they both get well soon.

Cindy - your dogs are gorgeous! I can see how you have your hands full!!!

Melissa - way to go girl on the loss!!!

Hungry4aChange - you are well travelled! Congrats on the half marathon.

Well I forced myself to go to a class tonight but realised after a few tracks, I'm still not back to 100% health - I was coughing, sniffing and spluttering throughout. I managed to finish the class but am now back home tucked up on the couch and hoping I have not made my infection worse! I hope the lack of exercise this week doesn't affect my weigh-in TOO badly on Monday.

Last edited by MissVitality; 03-06-2009 at 03:42 PM.
Old 03-06-2009, 04:17 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

MissVitality - Yes, my vacation is to the Scottish Highlands. My Mom and I will be walking the Great Glen Way. I'm so excited!!
Old 03-06-2009, 05:34 PM   #70  
Joggernaut

S/C/G: 172/165

Height: 5'2

1. Do you have any pets?
No, no pets. Maybe someday when I stop moving around so much but that won't be soon.

USA (home), South Korea (currently live), Canada, France, Germany, Netherlands/Holland, China, Hong Kong, Mexico, Honduras, Guatemala, Belize, U.K. (England, Scotland), Spain, Italy, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand.

This summer I'll travel (for sure) to Japan, (hopefully) on the Trans-Siberian Railway through China, Russia, Mongolia and maybe Kazakhstan and in October I'll move to Australia.

Incense, vanilla, pumpkin, naughty foods (pizza, bakeries, cookies), my boyfriend

I'm 27 & a Cancer. I'm incredibly sensitive, just like the "stars" say I should be.

1. To be so well-traveled
2. To have lived in a foreign country
3. To be published in a national magazine
4. To have remained debt-free
5. To have lived so many different places and worked so many different jobs and ultimately have a very interesting life

Well, it's the weekend and I want to lie in bed and surf the internet, read magazines and watch TV. But instead I'm really going to try to force myself to go out a few times. I've got the dinner date with the friend tonight but today I'd also like to get some shopping out of the way (I hate shopping in Korea!!) and tomorrow hopefully some fun exercise (skating or climbing).

Happy weekend everyone!
Old 03-06-2009, 08:51 PM   #71  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

My life tends to be one big comedy lol. No reason to make anything up here. Things that happen to me are better than any story a person could make up lol.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 03-07-2009 at 10:19 PM.
Old 03-06-2009, 10:40 PM   #72  
Be the change

Rennie-You made me laugh! I hope your pride is bruised worse than the rest of you.

My 11 year old has a cat named Lorraine. She's part Bengal and enjoys water. Unfortunately, she sheds a lot.

I live in the USA. I've visted Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, Italy, Austria, Germany, France, and Switzerland. I enjoyed them all. I love visiting other countries. I plan to travel with my kids as they get a bit older. I want their eyes opened to what the world is like and I want them to connect history with real places.

I would love to visit the Middle East, Egypt, China, and the United Kingdom in the not too distant future.

clean kids, cinnamon, orange/tangerine, and bread

I'm turning 36 in two weeks. I'm an aries.

I feel a bit odd answering this question. I tend to focus more on becoming than on achieving. So my "achievements" aren't really achievements at all. Here is what I came up with:

1) Having four wonderful kids & a fabulous husband
2) Teaching my kids to be good people
3) Creating a culture of constant learning in our home
4) Helping, teaching, and sharing with others
5) Building community
Old 03-07-2009, 11:39 AM   #73  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Hey everyone. This was a tough week for me. I think the convention last week drained me some because I felt I was running on one engine instead of two. I worked out, but the energy wasn't as high as usual. That said, I am only down 1 pound this week. Happy for the pound though for sure.

Thinking about joining 24Hour Fitness this weekend. There is an option for a one-year membership for $399 and that sounds pretty good I'm thinking... just have to decide how my workouts will go. Presently, I've been working out with Jillian or BL dvds before work since I don't have a gym membership. If I do join the gym, I would most likely workout post-work instead which would be after I got off at 9pm. Meaning, drive to the gym, change and workout from like 9:30pm to 10:30pm or thereabouts 5-6 days a week. I might still do some dvd workouts before work though, since it seems to give me an energy boost I think during the day.

What time of the day do you all work out? Do you find that before going to work to be better for you, or vice versa?
Old 03-07-2009, 12:29 PM   #74  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Where do I start?? 1 big mutt mix, started the whole thing. 2 Australian sheperds and my little girl, 3/4 mini Dachshund (the love of my life). 1 blind horse and her companion Allie the goat. Magyk and Pheonix are the barn cats and then there are the chickens (not really "pets"). My DD currently has Willow, Ruby, Sadie, Bandit, Peaches, and Toby, all rats. Then there is the aquatic frog. What would life be like without them?

Canada and Mexico. I don't fly (remember post 1?) so I don't travel.

Flowers, baked goods, I agree with the puppy breath (duh).

I seem to be the old one around here, 48. And a Gemini to boot. Makes me kind of crazy.

2 beautiful children, almost grown now.
1 Bachelors degree
1 Masters degree with a 4.0
60 pounds off this wacky body
Tons of love from friends and family.

Last edited by mtiger; 03-07-2009 at 12:30 PM.
Old 03-07-2009, 12:39 PM   #75  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Here is a picture of the 2 mutt doggies. They are Mom's dogs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Onyxsmallversion.jpg (55.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Rox3smallversion.jpg (54.1 KB, 0 views)