Old 03-07-2009, 01:20 PM   #76  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

How could I forget puppy breath? Last May when I fostered the orphaned pups it was so sad when it started to wane (about seven weeks).

mtiger - Mexico from Michigan; now that's a trip!!!
Old 03-07-2009, 07:51 PM   #77  
Starting Over...

S/C/G: 256/ticker/156

Height: 5' 9"

MissV: It is definitely easier said than done! I really hope the citalopram works too. I know it is too soon to tell, but I've already had better sleep and waking up without feeling exhausted. I feel a bit calmer...until today.

I guess it was a good time to be on it because I had some awful news this morning. My grandpa passed away very early this morning. He suffered from a stroke near the end of 2007. The end of 2008, he went into the hospital for a simple procedure which turned into complication after complication. He got a bad infection, C. Difficile, so he got moved into a nursing home. Friday, his kidneys and other organs failed and they couldn't do anything.
Old 03-08-2009, 04:09 AM   #78  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

everyone!

Sorry I've been MIA, just alot of personal stuff going on then TOM came Wednesday, wrecking havoc on my WI and my emotions. I'm telling you, if I didn't have military discipline hammered into me by my mother, several people would have died horrific deaths this week! The last two days have been a pigfest. Disgusting. My friend Kittie will be arriving tomorrow for her Spring Break. This is like the worst time for her to be visiting me but we haven't seen each other in over a year. Daylight Savings Time just kicked into effect. I'm going to be SO tired tomorrow.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:50 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 294/230/168

Height: 5"6

aangel - so sorry to hear about your grandpa I hope you are bearing up okay. If you want to talk about it, we are here for you or PM me if you want. Look after yourself.

Mindy - sounds like you have animal farm on the go at yours! It must really keep you busy. I love the pictures of your dogs. Don't think I could handle rats about the place though

Jasonslea - enjoy your friends visit - but then try to focus on getting back on plan. It will make you feel better emotionally and more in control.

Shannon - one pound is a great loss - you are doing so well and losing consistently and steadily. I tend to work out quite late in the evening as well which is the only time that fits in with my schedule, other than weekends where I work out in the morning. Sometimes I find it hard to get to sleep after working out late at night -it's like my mind is exhausted and wants to go baw baws but my body is fully awake and raring to go! I like working out in the mornings at the weekends - it leaves me full of energy for the rest of the day and I tend to find I pack a lot of activity into my day.

Jlbake - love that you have built a culture of continuous learning in your home and that you want your kids to see the world and learn about it. That's great - I think I would be very much like that if I had children because i'm like that with myself!

Joyra - you certainly are well travelled! Good on you. Wish i had done more of that earlier in life but plan to do more of it now. When I lived in Gran Canaria for a year, though, I suffered terribly from home sickness. I think it was because I was still very young and although we were away, we were living on a fairly small island where there was limits to what you could explore and new things you could learn. Might have been different if we had been moving about more.

MonteCristo - when are you coming to my bonnie country? I must confess you will probably see parts of it i haven't

Hope you are all having a good weekend ladies and best of luck for tomorrow's weigh -in! xxx

Last edited by MissVitality; 03-08-2009 at 08:51 AM.
Old 03-08-2009, 11:53 AM   #80  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

aangel I am sorry to hear about your Grandfather.
Old 03-08-2009, 11:54 AM   #81  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Cruise- Love the dog picture. Which one is the Aussie mix?? The one on the right, maybe?? Just judging by ears. That trip to Mexico was with Girl Scouts and we drove all the way to Arizona, visited Mexico, and came back through Canada. It was crazy.

MissV- Yep, it's a small farm. Love it. The rats are really sweet, it just takes some getting used to.

aangel- Sorry about grandpa. Hang in there.

TOM has arrived with a vengence. Pain and agony. YOW!!! Well I am already down a little bit, 196.4. So that is good. Hopefully it will continue.
Old 03-08-2009, 12:09 PM   #82  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

GETTING TO KNOW YOU – PART 2

1. Do you have any pets? Tell us about them! I have two cats, both purebred Tonkinese (1/2 Siamese 1/2 Burmese). Flynn is 4 and loves to "talk" which can get a bit annoying but he's a lover. Rios just turned 2 and he's the baby and he knows it.

2. What countries have you visited? Which did you enjoy most? Live in USA, visited Canada, Mexico, Scotland, England, and Spain (plus Canary Islands). Would love to go back to Scotland and also would love to go to Australia, back to Spain properly, France, Italy and well everywhere! I loved Scotland the most of course! The weather may suck 99% of the time but you cannot beat the people! Nicest in the world!

3. What are your favourite smells? My kids right after a shower, good home cooking, and the barn - I love the smell of horses, hay and leather mixed together (even if there is poop involved). Call me crazy, but it's the best smell in the world!

4. What age are you (if you want to share) and what is your star sign? I am 29 (for the 1st time haha) and I am an Aquarius

5. List at least five things you are proud to have achieved so far in life.

1. I have been married 7 years to the most amazing man ever. We are so much alike that we butt heads a lot and we're both stubborn so most people didn't think we'd last, but we have!

2. Raising my boys especially in the Army culture where DH is gone every other year. I become a single parent and have to do it all. I've done 1 extended training (7 months) and two deployments (12 months each) and haven't ended up in the loon bin, so I am thinking that is an achievement. My boys are challenging to say the least, but I think I have done a good job with them.

3. I have lost 50+ pounds so far with more to come. I thought once I gained all this weight it was never going to come off. I fall off the wagon a lot but I get right back on and keep pushing myself. My health has become a driving force in my life and it makes me proud to care that much.

4. Quitting smoking - hands down the hardest thing I've had to do. Decided that when the Army moved my husband from GA to WA that I would never smoke once my feet hit the Pacific Northwest. And I have stuck to that - I quit in April 2007. It's an amazing feeling to not be addicted anymore!

5. After I had my children, I had a major personality shift. Before kids I was very self-absorbed and after my life has been very focused on helping others (not just family either). I think that having kids can shape your life, and it can be a positive or negative thing (as in some people just don't seem to "get" being a parent, or they turn out worse than before they had kids). Luckily for me, I have evolved in a way. For a long while everything revolved around the kids and my DH and I left nothing for myself. Now, within the last two years I have learned how to be a great parent, spouse AND be good to myself. It's a work in progress, but I am proud of the way I turned out.
Old 03-08-2009, 01:34 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

aangel - I'm sorry about your grandfather.

MissVitality - I'll be going to Scotland July 17. I'm really getting excited about it! Not only have I always wanted to visit Scotland, but it makes me feel so proud of myself that I actually want to take a walking vacation!
Old 03-08-2009, 04:46 PM   #84  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

Part 1

1. If you could be any character in a film, who would you be and why?

*This is a tough one! As much as I love movies, I really can't think of one character that embodies everything I like. It would have to be a mixture of characters.

2. What book are you reading at the moment?

*Just got done rereading Hidden Fires by Sandra Brown. I'm going to reread the Twilight series next week.

3. What is your favourite type of music - bands/singers etc?

*My MP3 have a vast mixture of music: rock, country, gospel, R&B. But I mainly listen to rock/alternative like Linkin Park, Ozzy, Otep, Disturbed, Orgy, Metallica, Pantera, FFDP, POD, Avenged Sevenfold, etc.

4. What is your favourite way of pampering yourself?

*New bodywash!

5. What are you scared of?

*Something terrible happening to my family. Things that go bump in the night. Red eyed rabbits, rats, snakes, and pigeons.

Part 2

1. Do you have any pets? Tell us about them!

*I recently put down my Leonidas as you all know. Right now, I have a stray mutt named Pullo. He's a hyper, goofy badass. I'll post pics when I get home from work.

2. What countries have you visited? Which did you enjoy most?

*NONE! I can't wait to get the money and the chance to travel outside the US.

3. What are your favourite smells?

*Pinesol. Axe. Different perfumes/colognes on various people (I'm really weird about this, it's something about a person's natural body scent mixing just right with their perfume...). Babies. Puppy breath. Fresh baked cookies.

4. What age are you (if you want to share) and what is your star sign?

*I'm 22 and I'm a LEO! RAWR!

*Staying alive.
Old 03-08-2009, 04:48 PM   #85  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

I'll do personals when I get home but

I'm sorry about your grandpa, Aangel.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:11 PM   #86  
Focused - Go RED!!

S/C/G: 248/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

1. Do you have any pets? Tell us about them! I have one dog, he's some sort of chow german shepard mix & his name is Moose. He was found in the middle of no where by a family friend that could not keep him. He was about 6 months old when he was found & we're pretty sure he was abused based on his behavior. However, he's a total pansy - he's great with kids & he's a TOTAL mamas boy.

2. What countries have you visited? Which did you enjoy most? I'm so happy I'm not the only one to have never been out of the states!!

3. What are your favourite smells? Lilacs by far is my favorite scent. Pheromones. I'm a consultant with Temptation's Parties (18+ parties ) so I sell a product called pure instinct & I love the way is smells. Fresh cut grass, fresh produce - especially tomatoes, I'm a victim of fresh baked pastries, cakes, & breads as well! My fiance straight out of the shower.

4. What age are you (if you want to share) and what is your star sign? I am 27 & a Leo!

Difficult.
1.) I used to be addicted to a certain substance, let's just say it kept me frighteningly skinny. It's not really too easy to talk about. BUT I am 6 years clean & sober, so I am proud of that!
2.) Quitting cigarettes - 2 years smoke free!
3.) Creating a healthy, creative, stable, & loving environment for my daughters.
4.) Owning my own successful business (see question 3 above)
5.) Growing up, taking responsibility for myself & my actions. I could also say STAYING ALIVE!

Last edited by ASHmomma; 03-08-2009 at 05:12 PM.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:14 PM   #87  
Focused - Go RED!!

S/C/G: 248/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

I'm so happy I weighed in at the gym Friday morning because TOM started bright & early Saturday! So I got my weight put down before TOM had her chance to ruin everything!! YEAH!!
Old 03-08-2009, 08:56 PM   #88  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Sorry about your grandpa aangel.

BTW, I actually lost 1.6 not just 1 pound, so I'm happy that I'm now officially 20 pounds away from my goal.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:04 PM   #89  
Starting Over...

S/C/G: 256/ticker/156

Height: 5' 9"

Thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers. If anybody does pray out there, please do so for my grandma. She needs strength to get through this. The funeral is on Tuesday, so please pray that she can get through that too. Thank you so much.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:08 AM   #90  

Hello Red Team,
aangel: Sorry about your grandpa and I'll keep your grandma in my prayers.

For those with injuries stay safe and good job on getting workouts in.

GETTING TO KNOW YOU
1. If you could be any character in a film, who would you be and why?
A Female Indiana Jones, I love archaeology

2. What book are you reading at the moment?
Just finished Plum Lucky by Janet Evanovich, I laughed until I couldn't breathe

3. What is your favourite type of music - bands/singers etc?
love old rock, and also folk and celtic music. My very favorite is Springsteen tho

4. What is your favourite way of pampering yourself?
dark Godiva Chocolate

5. What are you scared of?
Spiders and centipedes

1. Do you have any pets? Tell us about them!
Cutie the spoiled house cat. Tippie the farm puppy

2. What countries have you visited? Which did you enjoy most?
Canada and US(home)

3. What are your favourite smells? Cinnamon, the smell in the air just as it starts to rain in the summer, the smell of the fresh turned earth in the early spring

4. What age are you (if you want to share) and what is your star sign?
I'm 49 and a Leo

1 Married for 27 years and 2 children.
2 BA
3 I have a job I like where I help people
4 I learned how to be happy
5 Overcame extreme shyness to where I can get up and talk in front of large groups of people.

For everyone else, Have a great week .
Bette K