Old 03-05-2009, 05:59 AM   #46  
Joggernaut

S/C/G: 172/165

Height: 5'2

TSap, that's so cool to hear about your BodyBugg and the calories you burn on Wii. I use the Daily Plate so that doesn't have Wii in it--I always choosing "Boxing-punching bag" for Wii Boxing and Wii Tennis is "table tennis." And DDR is line dancing! I'll have to adjust the calories now that I know! I'm so surprised 15 minutes of tennis and boxing are the same! I feel so much more of a workout boxing for 15 minutes than even tennis for 30.

Well, I had a great calorie day and it's thanks to having kind of a crappy lunch at school--rice, kimchi, some weird spinach thing and cabbage soup. Ugh. So I had nachos & cheesecake for dinner (though it was more cakey than cheesy) and still stayed under 1400 for the day. Yay!
Old 03-05-2009, 06:29 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 294/230/168

Height: 5"6

Robot - really good to hear from you. Join us for a wee blether more often!

AAngel22 - are you out there? Come in for a chat. We want to hear from you.

Joyra - are Bentos boxes popular where you are? There has been quite a discussion about these on the UK Fat Chicks sub-forum. I must confess I hadn't heard of them until I saw that thread!

Carolyn - I was intrigued by the title of that book you are reading by Marisa de los Santos so looked it up. Sounds just up my street so have added it to my wishlist on Amazon. Let me know if it is worth me buying! Hope you are hanging in there. Oh, and I so get you on hitting the sack with Kurt Russell!

Melissa - your hubby sounds very creative! I hope his next check-up goes well.

Tanya - the BodyBugg sounds cool - hope the workouts help shift the scales downwards!

Well I'm still off work with this infection and starting to feel confined and a bit frustrated. I've been worried about not exercising but have been sticking to my calories and the scales seem to be going down - here's hoping that continues! Maybe a wee rest from exercise will do me some good!!!

Can you believe we are on Week 9 already? Time flies when you're having fun, LOL!!!

Hope you are all good - keep at it - we are getting there!

Last edited by MissVitality; 03-05-2009 at 06:38 AM.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:13 AM   #48  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

This challenge really is flying by; we only have 5 more WI's.

My exercise has been way off this week. I'm doing the treadmill but not much else. Any suggestions to help me get motivated again?

I love to cruise; as my screen name would suggest. I have gained as much as 14 lbs. (11-day Panama Canal) and lost 4 lbs. (7-day Hawaii). For me IF I can stick to calories in vs. calories burned I can usually keep things in check.

So what does everyone have planned for this weekend?
Old 03-05-2009, 11:38 AM   #49  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

hi all, quick drive by before work. i'm still sick and i'm miserable hence the lack of chatting. i am trying to dig up out of the hole of yuck i am currently in. going to try to walk the treadmill when i get home just to get something done. maybe that will help. i hope you all are pushing yourselves this week. i can't believe it's almost the weekend! talk soon...
Old 03-05-2009, 04:51 PM   #50  
Joggernaut

S/C/G: 172/165

Height: 5'2

MissV - I'd never heard of Bento Boxes either. They might have them here but if they do, I haven't seen them. Of course, when I eat out, it's rarely Korean (or Japanese) so I'm not really in the right place to see it.

This weekend's plans - I'm going out for Korean food with a new friend and I hope to go rock climbing finally and/or ice skating one last time. I've been a little chicken to go the climbing gyms since I really suck at it and (at least in the States) they seem to be filled with serious climbers. But most new things in Korea take extra courage--will I be understood, will I get what I want, do they even have what I want?

I'm a daily weigher and my head still thinks after a good day, the scale should go down and unfortunately after yesterday's great day, it stayed the same. I know I just need to continue to eat well & exercise and it will eventually go down but I'm a little like Pavlov's dog... if I "hear the bell" (do the work), I want my treat!
Old 03-05-2009, 09:09 PM   #51  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

I still lie in wait for TOM to appear. I know I will not gt any significant loss until then. And it's late. WTH??? I hope this is not a sign of things to come. I am getting close to that age.

DId Jillian's Troble Zones tonight. Man that is a tough hour. But hey. I can at least make it through most of it. Couldn't have dreamed of doing that a year ago.

Check in with you tomorrow.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:28 PM   #52  
Focused - Go RED!!

S/C/G: 248/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

Just checking in. Pushed it too hard yesterday & my ankle was pretty sore today so I opted out of exercise. This could have been a bad decision on my part considering tomorrow is my weigh-in for TBL there. I'm thinking I probably won't place (I could have tried a WHOLE lot harder) BUT at least I tried at all. And at least I've lost some.

After pushing myself 2 days in row I am down from 229 to 224. So I feel pretty good about that anyways.

Lisa: Have ever said how much I enjoy reading your posts & "hearing" your accent come through. The whole "A wee bit", LOVE it!

Ranger: Thank you & everyone else for the well wishes!!

Last edited by ASHmomma; 03-05-2009 at 09:31 PM.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:43 PM   #53  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

I just got done watching this weeks Biggest Loser (TiVo) and they were talking about the game continuing for another nine weeks.

Did I miss something? Is there really nine weeks left? What about our challenge; five weeks or nine left? I'm in for the duration of the show if everyone else it up to it.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:43 PM   #54  
Living Light

S/C/G: 171/171/160

Just a quick drive by to report a fairly successful day.

Weekend plans , you ask? Hanging with the whole family tomorrow night at a Minor League Hockey game, then the usual teaching on Saturday, my DS's hockey game in the afternoon and working Sunday morning singing at a church.

MissVitality The book definitely grabbed me right from the beginning. I love it when a book does that. I also enjoyed it because as it turns out the main storyline deals with a young girl's journey through her mother's manic illness and my mother suffers from manic-depression, so I really got to see my struggles as a child through the book. I have to admit though that towards the last third of the book I was getting a tad annoyed with the story line as it was feeling too schmaltzy (nice word, eh?).

Good night ladies!

Last edited by Clykk; 03-05-2009 at 10:50 PM.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:14 AM   #55  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Congrats to all of those that are doing so well. For the rest of us we just have to stick with it.

Do you know....if you want to put a new door up there is some advice that should be taken seriously. Here it is lol. When you take the old door out don't lose your balance and let the door knock you down and fall on top of you AND don't let your little dog jump on the door ( while you lay there thinking death would be pretty nice at this moment ) barking at you because she thinks you want to play. Ok, I never said I was Miss Coordinated lol.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 03-06-2009 at 02:14 AM.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:20 AM   #56  
Tanya

S/C/G: 262/ticker/140

Wow, I am having so much trouble with my avatar/pic. It took me forever to get it to show up at all, then it showed up as avatar and in signature. Now I finally got it off signature line but it is still identified there. What the heck.

JOYRA I also thought wii boxing and tennis would be very different in calorie burn. Maybe I just wasn't giving it my all when I was boxing. DDR is dance dance revolution for wii.

CRUISECAT I was also suprised that BL has 9 more weeks and we only have 5 more weeks. I will be lost when we are done as I do not have another board 'home'. I'll need to switch over, but I like it here!!!

No plans for me this weekend except for working Fri, Sat and Sun nights. I shouldn't complain because I am Mon-Thur. But wish I had the weekend off too!!

Last edited by TSap; 03-06-2009 at 02:23 AM.
Old 03-06-2009, 05:39 AM   #57  

Morning everyone from sunny(!) Scotland!

Pleased to say I am feeling a lot better today - starting to feel "human" again! I migth even try some exercise later.

Melissa - thank you for the compliments on my posts and my accent coming through on them - LOL. I hadn't realised but I probably say "a wee bit" a lot! You take it easy on that ankle, will you? Don't want to make it worse and put yourself out of action longer.

Cakses - hope you are feeling better soon!

Cindy - I would love it if we were able to extend our challenge and would definitely be "in". As Tanya was saying, I too will feel quite lost when it comes to an end so the longer we can keep it going the better. I've not much planned for this weekend as I didn't know ow I would be health-wise. I will probably catch up with friends and family and try and get some exercise in.

Mtiger - hope TOM appears soon

Carolyn - I will go ahead and order that book. My aunt has manic depression and as she is on my own, the rest of her family have to provide her with a lot of support so I will probably be able to identify as well with the issues in there.

Shy - LOL re. your door efforts, you poor thing. Sounds like something out of a comedy!

Tanya - sorry you are working over the weekend - hope it flies by for you!

Last edited by MissVitality; 03-06-2009 at 05:39 AM.
Old 03-06-2009, 05:57 AM   #58  

Some more NSQs (Non-Scale Questions) ladies!

GETTING TO KNOW YOU – PART 2

1. Do you have any pets? Tell us about them!

2. What countries have you visited? Which did you enjoy most?

3. What are your favourite smells?

4. What age are you (if you want to share) and what is your star sign?

5. List at least five things you are proud to have achieved so far in life.
Old 03-06-2009, 06:26 AM   #59  

Here goes:

GETTING TO KNOW YOU – PART 2

I don't have any pets of my own but I am particularly fond of my grandparents' dog, Henrik, a Bedlington Terrier. Photo attached. He's like a wee lamb, LOL! I must say we have spoiled him rotten and he gets jealous if you pay another dog attention.

I'm not as well travelled as I would like to be. Beyond Scotland, I have visited England, Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland, France, Spain and the Czech Republic. I lived in Gran Canaria for a year in my late teens. I love Ireland. i have never been to the U.S but am planning a trip out to Florida this year to see my cousin who moved there in late 2008. I can't wait!!!

hmmm, I love the smell of Lacoste aftershave but it now reminds me of my ex BF which isn't so good! I love the smell I associate with babies! Freshly baked bread and pastries (danger! danger!) I love burning candles as well for the scent - current favourite is cinammon.

I'm 30 and I'm a Scorpio. I read my stars for fun and don't take them too seriously. Scorpios are supposed to be mysterious, intense and sexy - aye, I'm definitely that last one, LOL!

Hmmm, this is difficult. Well:
  1. Losing the weight I have to date and completely overhauling my lifestyle has probably been the hardest but most worthwhile thing I have achieved. I'm very proud to have done that and to be keeping it going.
  2. I am proud to be a good family member and friend - especially being a good aunt to my niece and nephew and knowing they appreciate it when they say "I love you Aunty Lisa!"
  3. I am proud of my educational achievements - again a result of a lot of hard work.
  4. I am proud of what I have achieved in my career and the places I have worked - all of which have been based around making a real difference to people's lives.
  5. I was delighted when I passed my driving test. It only took me SEVEN attempts! LOL! It just seemed like one thing I was destined not to achieve and my confidence got dented every time I failed. Looking back, I am glad I kept picking myself back up and trying again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Henrik.jpg (48.2 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by MissVitality; 03-06-2009 at 03:41 PM.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:22 AM   #60  
Starting Over...

S/C/G: 256/ticker/156

Height: 5' 9"

MissV: I'm out here somewhere!

I'm liking WW a lot more than just counting calories. I do need to start exercising more again. I lent out my 30DS to a friend and she hasn't been using it so hopefully I will get it back this weekend. Also I just started taking citalopram this week to help with anxiety mostly. Work has been really getting to me. People do not realize the impact they have on each other. Doesn't help that I am way too sensitive, a fault I've had all my life, and I'm always trying to please everyone else. I have a hard time standing up for myself... Anyway...

GETTING TO KNOW YOU – PART 2 *I missed part 1*

Just some calico fantail goldfish (they are so pretty!), a regular goldfish, and an algae eater...these are mostly for our boys though! We aren't allowed to have dogs, but I would love to be able to have one someday!

Just Canada...someday I would love to visit my friend in Germany.

vanilla, lilac, lavender, aspen(because it is my husband's), etc.

24, capricorn

1) having my boys, 2) being married for 5 years (and still going!), when a lot of people told us it wouldn't last...though we have had some speed bumps along the way, 3) learning how to drive a tractor trailer and doing it better than some of the guys, 4) being a pharmacy technician without going to school for 18 months! 5) training for and going through boot camp (though I was discharged when I got bronchial pneumonia)