Old 03-03-2009, 03:37 PM   #16  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

Hi guys, sorry for the holdup. My internet was down this morning of course, so I couldn't post results until after I got home. They just went up.

Congrats to our Biggest Losers of the week willow650, RangerChic and Bette k!
Old 03-03-2009, 03:40 PM   #17  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

GETTING TO KNOW YOU!

1. If you could be any character in a film, who would you be and why? Um...this is a hard one. I have no idea haha.

2. What book are you reading at the moment? Total Money Makeover by David Ramsey

3. What is your favourite type of music - bands/singers etc? everything but lately I have been listening to Boys Like Girls a lot

4. What is your favourite way of pampering yourself? getting my nails done

5. What are you scared of? dying too young
Old 03-03-2009, 05:17 PM   #18  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

Congratulations to ALL our losers this week.

Did anyone else notice we have someone on our team that has lost 10% of their BL starting weight? This lady is serious about her WL, workouts, is a regular poster, and is kicking butt. Shannon (RangerChic) YOU are an inspiration. Your hard work and commitment are in your numbers, 18.4 pounds lost for a total of 10.51 %.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:34 PM   #19  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

I missed posting yesterday and now there is so much going on. Over the weekend I was feeling lonely. I love the questions, and it will get my mind off my gain today. If TOM would just get here already, things could change.

1. If you could be any character in a film, who would you be and why? I think I would be Laura Croft. Who wouldn't want a body like that and to be so athletic?

2. What book are you reading at the moment? Dogs and Goddesses by Jennifer Crusie and others.

3. What is your favourite type of music - bands/singers etc? Don't get me started. Old rock- Styx, REO, Journey, Cars, etc. Modern country- Rascal Flatts, Carrie Underwood, Lady Antebellum, Keith Urban, etc. Musicals- Rent, Avenue Q, Moulin Rouge, etc. And of course...anything my children sing. They are both singer/actors.

4. What is your favourite way of pampering yourself? Curl up with a blanket and a good book. I currently have 100 waiting for me to get to.

5. What are you scared of? Confined spaces. I am very claustrophobic.

To people thinking of quitting, DON'T. It is more important for you to stay here and get support.

Willow- You are looking hot. I hope to post some new pics soon myself. You keep it up girl. I am with you on the plane fear. Mine has to do with being confined though, not heights.

Missv- thanks for the ???'s and I'm sorry you don't like dogs. I love my doggies. yay for the musical theatre. My favorite guy on American Idol this season- musical theatre.

Cruise- LOVE Heart. You just go sing your little heart out. NO FEAR!!!

Cakses- I'm sure you have a long life ahead of you. Especially now that you are getting so healthy.

CONGRATS to all the losers this week. We were so close. We'll get em next week. We are due for win.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:19 PM   #20  
Focused - Go RED!!

S/C/G: 248/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

Keeping up here, like I said. I pushed myself to go to the gym today - after purchasing an ankle brace to support my sprain. It wasn't too busy so I stepped out of my comfort zone & didn't go to the women only room. Big steps for me. 4 of the elipticals in the regular eliptical room have TV's on them! How exciting for me!! Usually I just read an US Weekly for 45 minutes & suffer through it. Today though, I breezed right through episodes of "Cash Cab". 60 minutes!!! That's my best so far - & on a bum leg!!!

They also have a circuit room at the gym where you combine cardio & strength training. There are 17 machines in there & you do work on each machine for 45 seconds each. It really gets my heart pumping!! I did that right after the 60 mins of cardio for a combined total of 80 mintues!! Yeah me!!
Old 03-03-2009, 09:43 PM   #21  
Focused - Go RED!!

GETTING TO KNOW YOU!

First Name = Melissa

1. If you could be any character in a film, who would you be and why? I would be Allie Hamilton from The Notebook. I friggin cry like a baby every time I see it...every time yet I still LOVE it! It's set in an exciting time in US history & it's probably the best love story I've seen.

Cindy - you could be Bette Midler from The Rose maybe?

2. What book are you reading at the moment? HA! I wish I had time to read!! The closest I've gotten to a book are my tabloids. I'd like to read the twilight series though, i think.

3. What is your favourite type of music - bands/singers etc? My favorite bands would have to be Death Cab for Cutie & Mew. I could listen to both of them constantly & repeatedly. Mew is a seldom known European band, any one heard of them? I also love listening to The Alkaline Trio while I work out Jimmy Eat World, Daft Punk. It varies quite a bit.

MissV - The only song I've heard by Kings of Leon (?) is s*x on fire. It's good but it totally threw me off!!

4. What is your favourite way of pampering yourself? I really guess I don't do this enough! I really have no idea!! I haven't had a pedicure in years but I sure did love those! I really like to have someone else wash my hair for me & get the whole scalp massage. Weird. I know.

5. What are you scared of? I too am afraid of small spaces. I get slightly panic-y in elevators. I can't even imagine how I'd be on an airplane! I also have a slight fear of the dark. And zombies. OH. &

Last edited by ASHmomma; 03-03-2009 at 09:46 PM.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:50 PM   #22  
Focused - Go RED!!

Geez- 3 in a row... I just wanted to agree with Cindy about Ranger Chic. Though she's not on much anymore (which is a good thing, since she is now employed) she really is an inspiration. I also noticed when we first started how in her picture she was very serious looking - & now, she has a big ol smile on her face. I meant to comment on that earlier. I love your picture now so much better, you look so happy!

OH & for our winners this week including Willow, Ranger, & Bette ~

Last edited by ASHmomma; 03-03-2009 at 09:57 PM.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:57 PM   #23  
Be the change

Congrats to our Biggest Losers this week!

Bradley's mom-Don't give up! We want you to hang in here with us until the end.

Willow-You're looking great!

ASHmomma-So sorry to hear about your sprain! I hope you heal quickly.

Bette K & Miss Vitality-Thanks for the encouragement!

GETTING TO KNOW YOU!

1. If you could be any character in a film, who would you be and why? Giselle in Enchanted because I've always wanted to break into song at the spur of the moment with a band and choreographed dancers following me around.

2. What book are you reading at the moment? Emma by Jane Austen (reading) & Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien (on my ipod)

3. What is your favourite type of music - bands/singers etc? I am very eclectic. I love most types of music.

4. What is your favourite way of pampering yourself? Soaking in the jacuzzi under the stars and then curling up in a blanket with a good book.

5. What are you scared of? Spiders & ****s
Edited to say-that's so funny. I'm afraid of N*a*z*i*s. I guess 3FC is afraid of them too!

Last edited by jlbake; 03-03-2009 at 09:59 PM.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:07 PM   #24  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Thanks you guys! I am just happy to feel better about myself. This past weekend, I had people who have known me from anywhere from 2-4 years and they were stunned. They've known me since I was 200+ pounds and seeing me at just under 157 really had them talking. That made me feel sooo good.

To anyone thinking of quitting the challenge, stick around! Seriously, you CAN do it. But, if you feel for some reason that you aren't completely ready, that's okay too. You really do have to be totally ready, mentally and physically. I understand that because I was there in the past. Either way, you are awesome!
Old 03-03-2009, 11:14 PM   #25  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

GETTING TO KNOW YOU!

1. If you could be any character in a film, who would you be and why?
Marty in Back to the Future. Be better if Marty was female, but I LOVE BTTF way too much.

2. What book are you reading at the moment?
Skinny *****

3. What is your favourite type of music - bands/singers etc?
I'm a big fan of 80s music. Generally, rock & pop stuff

4. What is your favourite way of pampering yourself?
Relaxing with my friends

5. What are you scared of?
Nothing anymore. I've learned to take each day as it comes and to go after what I truly want. I wanted to get healthy and lose weight and I'm doing it, I'm taking the same dedication and drive and putting it into my writing because there is no reason why I shouldn't be succeeding with it. I am choosing to make my present and future as good as it can be, at least in regards to what is under my control.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:16 AM   #26  
Joggernaut

S/C/G: 172/165

Height: 5'2

Hi everyone! I didn't see that there was a new chat up--I was talking to myself in the old one.

Congrats to our Biggest Losers!!! And wow, RangerChic 10%+! 10% was my goal and I'm afraid I won't reach it after all. I'm going to keep on keeping on and hopefully the weight stops going upwards.

1. If you could be any character in a film, who would you be and why?
Amelie in Amelie. She's so awesome, from her hobbies to her style.

2. What book are you reading at the moment?
The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan. Just started it and it's really interesting!

3. What is your favourite type of music - bands/singers etc?
Indie / electronic. I've been listening to a lot of internet radio of Swedish electronic lounge artists.

4. What is your favourite way of pampering yourself?
Chick movies and a pile of blankets

5. What are you scared of?
I'm kind of a hypochondriac so anything out of the ordinary makes me freaked out. I got a bruise on the back of my leg and I didn't know where it came from so I was thinking CANCER! BLOOD CLOT! AMPUTATION! ... it's been a few days and it appears it's just a bruise.
Old 03-04-2009, 03:39 AM   #27  
Becoming Less Fluffy

S/C/G: Then: 286 / Now: Ticker

Height: 5'4"

Hi Reds...
I'm back from my Western Caribbean cruise. It was wonderful! I think I'm addicted and am already looking at a cruise to Alaska or Mexico for next year. The flights from California to Florida and back were brutal, so West coast departures might make it even better.

I second all of the pleas by everyone who has said "Don't go," to those who are considering dropping out of the challenge. Think small - get through a meal, then get through a day. Then, get up the next day and do it all over again. Don't let the big goals dissuade you because you lose slowly, or gain a pound or two despite your best efforts. However, if you must go, please stay around to chat with us. It's getting so quiet in here.

MissV: Thanks for the non-scale questions.

GETTING TO KNOW YOU!

1. If you could be any character in a film, who would you be and why? Hmm, good question... I think that Alice from "Under the Tuscan Sun" would be good. I'd love to buy a villa in Italy on a whim. Despite the bad circumstances that led to the impulsive decision, she was strong, self-reliant and determined.

2. What book are you reading at the moment? "The DaVinci Code" by Dan Brown. I finished "At Risk" and "Black Notice" by Patricia Cornwell on the cruise.

3. What is your favourite type of music - bands/singers etc? I loooove Ella Fitzgerald! My second favorite artist, Prince! My tastes are rather eclectic. My truck's radio presets are classical, country, classic jazz, pop 40 and soft rock. I hate to pick one of anything.

4. What is your favourite way of pampering yourself? Scented candles, a comfy chair and a great book.

5. What are you scared of? Well, I have a fear of drowning (especially in open water with creatures - human and otherwise - in it) BUT I made myself go snorkeling this past week. I had to go out in small doses, 15-20 minutes at a time, but I DID IT! I still panicked a bit when I gulped down salt water or when the waves were throwing me about, but I realized that if I kept my cool, I'd be OK.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:28 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 294/230/168

Height: 5"6

I’m loving all the answers to the questions! Thanks guys – it’s good to get to know you all beyond our weight issues! Sometimes I need to remind myself I have a life beyond my weight loss journey.

Mtiger – I’m getting much better with dogs. I was bitten when I was younger and it gave me the fear thereafter. I am fine with dogs owned by my family because we have gotten to know each other but I get really apprehensive around strange dogs. I love “Rent” as well. I’m off to London in April so planning to take in a show then. I have heard good things about “Avenue Q” – would you recommend it? You also seem to share my love of books!!! I also have a whole heap waiting on me.

Cindy – Sorry about your son’s condition – that must be a worry for you all. I would love to go to Mexico – I was fluent in Spanish once upon a time but need to polish up on it. We did Latin American cultural studies as part of my degree and I loved it. Great ideas about the first names! Here we are chatting away to each other about everything and anything and not knowing that most basic information. Everyone – I’m Lisa!

Mandy – sorry about your ankle. Don’t let it get you down – you have done amazingly well and were so overjoyed earlier this week. Don’t let this wee set-back undo your joy.

Melissa – The Notebook is a fab film – I cried like a baby too and had to try and hide the fact when the lights came up in the cinema – but I wasn’t the only one!! Haven’t heard of Mew but I will look them up. Kings of Leon are from Nashville I think and are massively successful in the UK, selling out concerts and festivals etc. all over the place. I would love to go see them.

Shannon – keep up the fabulous work. I agree you do look so happy now in your photo and seem to know where you are going in life. Good for you!! I love 80s music too.

Jen (JLBake) – are you enjoying “Emma”? I have not long finished “Little Dorritt” by Charles Dickens and although I really enjoyed it, I did struggle to get to grips with the old-fashioned style of writing and some of the terminology was lost on me.

Joyra – glad you found our new chat thread!!! I’m a bit of a hypochondriac too – I always imagine the worst and have had to stop looking up any symptoms I have on the net as I end up thinking something terrible is going on. Chick movies and a pile of blankets sounds bliss!!!

Sonja – Glad you enjoyed your cruise – did you get any belly dancing in? Well done for the snorkelling – sounds like you are conquering that fear of drowning! I do like a good Patricia Cornwell book but I haven’t read either of those two – yet!

Bette – good luck with Lent. I have given up chocolate, sweets, cakes and desserts and so far so good. I haven’t found it too difficult yet although I haven’t been very well this week and a friend brought me some chocolate to cheer me up. I had to say no and felt a bit bad about it. People are more willing to accept “no” though when you tell them you have given up for Lent whereas other times, I find they will try and persuade you to eat it!

Cakses – I agree you are choosing a healthy lifestyle so you should be with us for a long time to come!

I'm feeling a bit better today so seems like the antibiotics are clearing that chest infection. Hopefully, I will be fighting fit again soon and be able to get back to exercise. We have had heavy snowfall here over night which was quite unexpected but a nice wee surprise.

Have a good day all!

xxx

Last edited by MissVitality; 03-04-2009 at 06:35 AM.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:57 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtiger View Post
Willow- You are looking hot. I hope to post some new pics soon myself. You keep it up girl. I am with you on the plane fear. Mine has to do with being confined though, not heights.
mine isn't heights or the confinement, its the crashing. I don't want to die in a plane crash.

Thanks for the compliments
Old 03-04-2009, 07:03 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHmomma View Post
Keeping up here, like I said. I pushed myself to go to the gym today - after purchasing an ankle brace to support my sprain.
When did you sprain your ankle? I just sprained mine last night.